Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning course is approved by AICTE-VTU from the academic year 2020-2021.
We are starting our exciting journey in the year of 2020, with a sanctioned student strength of 120. The primary focus of the course is to impart technical know-how to students, promote their problem-solving skills and innovation of new technologies introducing new developments. Our department maintains active research groups for carrying out collaborative and interdisciplinary research. It is heartening to find that our students look forward to contributing to solving the technological challenges of society with active participation, perseverance, and hard work. Skill & knowledge relevant to real-world problems is inseminated to produce dynamic, socially conscious, and sensitive human beings.
India is set to witness 1.5 lakh new openings for data scientists this year –a whopping 62 per cent increase from 2019 which would lead by the BFSI (banking, financial services and insurance), along with manufacturing, healthcare, IT and e-commerce. An analysis of 70 percent of job postings for data scientists with less than five years of work experience revealed that the BFSI sector offers the highest average salary. The average salary of a data science professional in the BFSI sector was 13.56 lakh per annum, followed by manufacturing and healthcare.(Source: Hindustan Times)
We are delighted to inform that the proceedings of the conference can be accessed online. Please use the link provided below.
The Institution of Engineers (India) Students’ Chapter
The Institution of Engineers (India) [IEI] is a statutory body to promote and advance the engineering and technology, established in 1920 and incorporated by Royal Charter in 1935, head quartered in Kolkata, is a professional institution established, “to promote and advance the science, technology, and business of Engineering in all its branches in India”. It is the largest multi-disciplinary professional body of engineers encompassing 15 (fifteen) engineering disciplines with a Corporate membership of over 2 lakhs, and serving the nation for more than 9 decades.
In accordance the students’ chapter under Mechanical division- BNMIT is constituted on 22nd February 2017. The chapter was inaugurated by Chief Guest Er. Jasmail Singh., Honorary Secretary, IEI, Karnataka State Centre. Guest of Honor, Dr. Enti Ranga Reddy., Council Member, IEI, Mechanical Engineering Division Karnataka State Centre for initiating and imbibing the feeling of belongingness into fraternity of engineering to which the students of engineering are destined. The Students Chapters will provide a learned workshop for the development of socio-techno intellectual qualities of its members as well as for encouraging their urge and surge for knowledge in a disciplined and guided system.
Chapter Code: 560070/BNMIT/MC
1. Faculty Development Program on Research Avenues in Thermal, Design and Manufacturing Engineering from 11-16 July 2016.
2. Faculty Development Program on Recent Advancements in Mechanical Engineering from 16-21 January 2017.
3. Faculty Development Program on Emerging Research Areas and Trends in Mechanical Engineering from 31st July to 5th Aug 2017.
4. Faculty Development Program on Research Issues and Challenges in Mechanical Engineering from 16-20 July 2018.
» Faculty Development Program Photos
Department has signed MoU with following organizations
1. Mahatma Gandhi Institute for Renewable Energy and Development (MGIRED) for sustained activities in the area of renewable energy, Invited Guest lectures, Internship to students, Joint research projects, Project work for students, Industrial visits, Joint publications.
2. Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd. For establishing state of the art ‘BNMIT-Toyota Centre of Excellence’. The purpose is to train students hands-on in the automotive domain using the engine and transmission systems of Toyota Innova. In addition to this, Toyota Kirloskar Motors Pvt. Ltd. has extended hands by giving Toyota Fortuner Frame and Engine Transmission Assembly along with breaking system (ABS), suspension, Automatic drive system and steering mechanism in the second phase of addition to the existing centre of excellence. This added 4-WD mechanism shall enhance the value and content of the centre
3. Fenfe Metallurgicals for research activities, student enrichment in the area of Metallurgy and Foundry of non ferrous metals.
International Journal and Conferences List
- H S Kumaraswamy et al. Microstructure and Mechanical properties of sintered Al 2024 hybrid composite. 2020. Journal of physics conference series – 1455012024
- Raghavendra N Development and dry sliding wear map for Al 7075/Al2O3 particulate composite, Materials Today: Proceedings 5 (2018), Volume/Issue5/ pp.24104-24113
- Raghavendra N Wear Studies on Al 7075/Al2O3 Particulate MMC by Artificial Neural Network, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology ISSN (Print): 2347-6710, Vol. 8, Issue 7, July 2019
- Raghavendra N Investigations of Microstructures and Tribological Behavior of AA7075/Al2O3 Particulate Composite as a Function of Volume Fraction by Applying Artificial Neural Network International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), e-ISSN: 2395-0056, Volume: 06 Issue: 07 | July 2019
- Saravanan V, C.K. Umesh, Numerical investigation of thermohydraulic performance of pin fin heat sink and microchannel pin fin heat sink, Sadhana, Indian Academy of Science, vol. 43, issue 7, ISSN:0256-2499, July 2018.
- B. S. Anil Kumar Computational investigation of flow separation over NACA 23024 airfoil at 6 million free stream Reynolds number using K-Epsilon turbulence model in Materials Today: Proceeding 5 (2018) 12632-12640
- Kumaraswamy H. S, Bharat V, T. Krishna Rao, “Influence of Mechanical & Tribological Behaviour of Al 2024 MMC fabricated by stir casting technique- A Review”, Materials Today: Proceedings 5 (2018), Volume/Issue 5/ pp. 11962-11970
- A study of bio-active coating of Al2O3, egg and seashell powder on PVC, Teflon, and polyurethane Venkatesh.N, Hanumantharaju, Aravind, Harish, Materials Today: Proceedings 5 (2018), Vol./Issue5 pp. 13358-13365
- Madhu P “Non-Linear Analysis of Rubber boot in passenger Car” Second International Conference on Recent Research Emerging Trends in Mechanical and Civil Engineering (ICRRERMCE-2018) held on 13th& 14th July 2018.
- Kumaraswamy H. S, Bharat V, T. Krishna Rao “Effect of Stirring Parameters on Microstructure of Aluminum Hybrid Metal Matrix Composites” IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 376 (2018) 012096 DOI:10.1088/1757-899X/376/1/012096
- Kumaraswamy H. S, Arun Joshi, BS Anil Kumar, “A comparative study of mechanical properties of as-cast and heat-treated Al-6063-MWCNT composite fabricated by stir casting process” IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 376 (2018) 012075 DOI:10.1088/1757-899X/376/1/012075
- Sandeep K “Fabrication and Experimentation of Aqua Silencer”, International Journal of Technical Innovation in Modern Engineering & Science (IJTIMES)Volume 4, Issue 7, July-2018e-ISSN: 2455-2585
- Sandeep K “Experimental studies on nanoparticle blended biodiesel combustion on performance and emission of CI engine”, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 376 (2018) 012019
- Impact of Ball burnishing process parameters on surface Integrity of an Aluminium 2024 Alloy, Harish*, D. Shivalingappa1, P, Sampath Kumaran. IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 376 (2018) 012019
- Srivastav, P.Badami, Mukesh Patil, K.N. Seetharamu, “Natural Convection with Heat Generation in Vertical Porous Annulus with Axial and Radial Magnetic Field”, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 501-514,
- Dev, V.Srivastav, P.Badami, Mukesh Patil, “Heat and Mass Transfer in an Annular Vertical Porous Cylinder Considering Thermal Equilibrium with Internal Heat Generation”, International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, Vol. 5, No. 6, pp. 1042-1061,
- Pradeep G. Hegde, Mukesh Patil, K.N. Seetharamu, “Numerical Prediction of Thermal Performance of Water-Cooled Multi-Stack Microchannel Heat Sink with Counterflow Arrangement”, Journal of Microelectronics and Electronic Packaging, Job.59949; Vol. 6, No.1, Art. 0276, 2011.
- Mukesh Patil, Pradeep G. Hegde, K.N. Seetharamu, “Effects of Radiation and Cold Wall Temperature Boundary conditions in a Vertical Annular Porous Medium”, Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 177-189, 2013.
- Mukesh Patil, Babu Reddy, Pradeep G. Hegde, T.R. Seetharam, K.N. Seetharamu, “Convection and Radiation in a Vertical Cylinder Embedded with Porous Medium”, Proc. of 37th National and 4th International Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power (FMFP), 16th -18th December 2010, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, Chennai, India.
- Mukesh Patil, Pradeep G. Hegde, T.R. Seetharam, K.N. Seetharamu, “Effects of Aspect Ratio on Natural Convection in a Vertical Annulus Embedded with Porous Medium”, Proc of 2nd International Conference on Computational Methods for Thermal Problems (Thermacomp 2011), 5th to 7th September 2011, Dalian Technological University, Dalian, China.
- Manjunath, D. Shivalingappa, R. Kishore Kumar, D.E. Umesha, “Effect of Mg2Si along with bismuth on the microstructure and mechanical properties of Mg-Al/ Mg2Si composite”, Int. Journal of ChemTech Research, ISSN: 0974-4290, Vol. 10, No. 14 (2017), Pp. 88-92.
- Kumaraswamy H S, VeereshBhusnur, “Importance of Simulation in Manufacturing” International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology, ISSN No: – 2456 – 2165, Volume 2, Issue 4, April– 2017
- Madhu P Characterization of Al-CNT MMC in “International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Sciences ICAMS-2017″ held during 3-5, March 2017 at Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan.
- Mahendra Kumar C “Characterization of Al-MWCNT MMC” at ICAMS 2017 at MCE Hassan, Impact Factor 2.805
- Saravanan V, C.K. Umesh, Doddamani Hithaish, K.N.Seetharamu, Numerical investigation of pressure drop and heat transfer in pin fin heat sink and microchannel Pin Fin Heat Sink,
- International Journal of Heat and Technology, vol.36.no.1, pp.267-276, ISSN: 0392-8764, March 2018.3.V, C.K. Umesh, Experimental investigation for flow and heat transfer over pin fin heat exchanger, IJESRT, volume.6(12), pp. 511-518, ISSN: 2277-9655, 2017.
- Saravanan V, C.K. Umesh, Effect of porous medium on Thermo-Hydraulic performance of microchannel heat sink, International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Volume 12, Issue 3, pp. 599-612, ISSN 0973-6085, 2017.
- Raghavendra N, V. S. Ramamurthy, Development and dry sliding wear map for Al 7075/Al2O3 Particulate Composites, IconAMMA-2017, Accepted for Publication in ELSEVIER – Materials Today. (Scopus indexed journal)
- Raghavendra N, V.S. Ramamurthy, “Investigations of Microstructures and Tribological Behavior of AA7075/Al2O3 Particulate Composite as a Function of Volume Fraction by Applying Artificial Neural Network”, Fronteiras: Journal of Social, Technological and Environmental Science, V6, n2, May –august 2017, p 362- 367. (Scopus indexed journal) DOI http://dx.doi.org/10.21664/2238-8869.2017v6i2.p372-382 • ISSN 2238-8869 372
- B. S. AnilKumar Participated and presented a paper in the technical session on 11th March 2017 entitled “Computational investigation of flow separation over NACA 23024 airfoil at 6 million free streams Reynolds number using K-Epsilon turbulence model” in the international conference on materials, manufacturing, and modeling held during March 9th – 11th, 2017 at VIT University, Vellore
- Raghavendra N, V.S. Ramamurthy, “Wear Studies on Al 7075/Al2O3 Particulate MMC by Artificial Neural Network ”, Fronteiras: Journal of Social, Technological and Environmental Science, V6, n2, May –august 2017, p 372- 382. ( Scopus indexed journal)DOI http://dx.doi.org/10.21664/2238-8869.2017v6i2.p372-382 • ISSN 2238-8869 362
- Raghavendra N, V.S.Ramamurthy, “Development and Tribological Characterization of Dual Particle and Triple Particle Reinforced Al-7075/ Al2O3 Metal Matrix Composite”, International Journal of Recent Advances in Mechanical Engineering (IJMECH) Vol.6, No.2, Page 11-22, May 2017, DOI: 10.14810/ijmech.2017.620
- “Veeresh Bhusnur Importance of Simulation in Manufacturing, International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology Volume 2; issue 4th April 2017 ISSN No.: 2456-2156.
- Veeresh Bhusnur Productivity Improvement of High-End CNC Machines by DMAIC Methodology, International Journal of Engineering Research and Advanced Technologies, (IJERAT) Volume 3, Issue 2, February 2017.
- Vishnu P, Manjunath A R, H S Kumaraswamy “Finite Element Analysis and Cost-Effective Design for Roll Over Protection Structure (ROPS) of Soil Compactor, International Journal of Engineering Research in Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IJERMCE) Vol 2, Issue 4, April 2017, ISSN (Online) 2456-1290
- Raghavendra N, V.S. Ramamurthy, “Development And Tribological Properties Of Particulate MMC Developed By Stir Casting Process”, IJRET: International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology eISSN: 2319-1163 | pISSN: 2321-7308, Volume: 05 Special Issue: 13 | ICRAES-2016, Sep-2016, Available @ http://www.esatjournals.org
- Rajshekhar B A and Dr. H V Ramakrishna. “Cracking propagation & fatigue weld strength analysis using Finite element Analysis.” International Journal Engineering Research & Technology”, Volume.5, Issue 04, No. 3, April-2016.
- Rajshekhar B A and Dr. H V Ramakrishna. “Thermo-mechanical analysis of the effect of weld preparation on residual stress formation using Finite element Analysis. IJIMINDS Journal, Volume-03, Issue-03, March-2016.
- Raghavendra N, S. Ramamurthy, “Tribological Characterization of Particulate MMC Developed by Stir Casting Process, International Journal of Recent Advances in Mechanical Engineering (IJMECH) Vol.5, No.4, Page 35-44, November 2016, DOI: 10.14810/ijmech.2016.5403
- Saravanan V, C.K. Umesh, Doddamani Hithaish “Numerical Investigation Of Flow And Heat Transfer In Micro Channel Heat Sink SubjectedTo Varying Heat Spot” International Journal Of Research In Engineering And Technology, ISSN: 2321-8843, Volume: 05 Special Issue: 21, Nov 2016.6.T.R.
- E. Umesha, D. Shivalingappa, R. Kishore Kumar, BintoTomy, D. Ramesh Rao, “Influence of bismuth on the microstructure, hardness and dry sliding wear behavior of magnesium silicide reinforced magnesium alloy composite” NANOSYSTEMS: PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, MATHEMATICS, Vol. 7 (4), (2016) Pp. 618 – 620.
- Sabari, D. Shivalingappa, Channankaiah, “CFD Simulation of Fin-and-Tube Heat Exchanger with Louvered Fin Configuration”, Int. Journal of Vehicle Structures & Systems, Vol. 8 (5), (2016) Pp. 219 – 223.
- B S. Anil Kumar Computational Investigation of flow separation over NACA 23024 airfoil at 6 million free streams Reynolds number in International Journal of Science Technology and Society. Vol. 3, No. 6, 2015, pp. 315-321. ISSN: 2330-7412 (Print); ISSN: 2330-7420 (Online), January 2016
- Ramaniraj D. Shivalingappa, Dr.Channankaiah, “A real-time study on Noise and Vibration in Mahindra 575 DI and Massey Ferguson 1035 DI Tractors” has been accepted for publication in Int. Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Print ISSN: 0973-4562 Online ISSN: 1087-1090, Special Issue Vol. 10, No. 9 (2015) Pp. 9340 – 9342.
- D. Shivalingappa, M. Richard Wilson Martin, Channankaiah and HaleshKoti, “Effect of Temperature and Reinforcement Volume Fraction on Impact Energy of Hybrid Polypropylene Matrix Composites”, Int. Journal of ChemTech Research, ISSN: 0974-4290, Vol. 8, No. 4 (2015), Pp. 1965-1971.
- Raghunath Reddy, D. Shivalingappa and M. Shakthi Velu, “Dry Sliding Wear behavior of Aluminum Silicon Alloys”, National Conference on Innovations in Engineering and Technology, held at Gnanamani College of Technology, Namakkal, India, February 3, 2012, P.141
- Raghunath Reddy, D. Shivalingappa and M.ShakthiVelu, “Mechanical properties of Aluminum Silicon Alloys”, National Conference on Technological Advancements in Mechanical Engineering, held at Selvam College of Technology, Namakkal, India, February 9-10, 2012, P. 57.142
- Balachandrakala and D. Shivalingappa, “Optimization Techniques in Structural design of a Transport Air Craft”, National Conference on Technological Advancements in Mechanical Engineering, held at Selvam College of Technology, Namakkal, India on February 9-10, 2012, P. 85.
- B S Anil Kumar participated and presented a paper entitled “Computational Investigation of Flow Separation Over NACA 23024 Airfoil at 3 million Free Stream Reynolds Number Using SpalartAllmaras Turbulence Model” in the 61st Congress of ISTAM organized by the Department of Mathematics, School of Advanced Sciences, VIT University, Vellore during 11th to 14th December 2016.
- B S Anil Kumar participated and presented a paper entitled “Optimization and Analysis of NACA 4412 using Gurney flap” in IRCCSME on 28th June 2015 at Bangalore which will be organized by IRAJ Research Forum and in association with Institute of Research and journals for presentation at the Conference.
- B S Anil Kumar participated and presented a paper entitled “Computational Investigation of Flow Separation in Incompressible Aerodynamics Regime” in the 59th Congress of ISTAM-2014 held during December 17-20, 2014 at Alliance College of Engineering and Design Alliance University