This post was last updated on January 6th, 2023
Designation : Professor
Area of specialization : Mining
Date of Joining BNMIT : 8/6/2006
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
No. of years of Experience : 18 years(Teaching)
Department : Computer Science & Engineering
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing||% of marks obtained|
|1||Professor||BNM Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India||18.07.2022 – Till date|
|2||Associate Professor||BNM Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India||2012– 17.07.2022|
|3||Assistant Professor||BNM Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India||2008-2012|
|4||Sr. Lecturer||BNM Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India||2006-2008|
|6||Lecturer(Part Time)||Dr. AIT||2001-2002|
- Exam Coordinator, BNMIT (2007-08)
- Deputy Chief Superintendent (External) at RRCE, Bangalore, for the conduction of B.E. examinations of VTU, Belgaum, 2009. Others:
- Completed “Operating Systems” course offered by Udemy on March 25, 2020.
- Completed “Programming for Everybody (getting Started with Pythin” course offered by Coursera on June 29, 2020.
- Completed “Python Data Structures” course offered by Coursera on July 9, 2020.
- Completed Two week FDP on “R Language & RStudio” through IIT Bombay Spoken Tutorial from June 22 to July 5th 2020
- Attended Webinar series on “ Latest Technologies in IT” By CSE Dept., GAT from 6thjuly to 13th July 2020
- Life Member, Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) LM 35380
Expertise / list of Subjects handled
- Logic Design
- Analog and Digital Electronics
- Graph Theory and Combinatorics
- Discrete Mathematical Structures
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Computer Organization
- Unix and Shell Programming
- Advanced Microprocessors
- Cloud Computing
- Operating Systems
- Object Oriented Modelling and Design
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Concept of C Programming
- Big Data Analytics
- Advances in Operating Systems
- Advances in Storage Area Networks
- Information and Network Security
- Agile Technologies
- Data Science
- Levenshtein Distance based Information Retrieval Veena G, Jalaja G , BNM Institute of Technology, Visvesvaraya Technological University International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 6, Issue 5, May-2015 112 ISSN 2229-5518.
- Access Point Handover for Network Coverage based Wi-Fi Advisory System, Akhila V., Jalaja G., International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, An ISO 3297:2007 Certifeid Organization, Vol. 5, Issue 4, April 2016. ISSN(Online): 2319-8753 and ISSN(Print): 2347-6710.
- A Survey on Virtualization: Integration and Load Balancing in Data Centers, Usha Bellad & Jalaja. G., International Journal of Recent Research and Applied Studies, ISSN: 2349 – 4891/ISSUE 5,Vol.4,May 2017.
- Ranking Fraud Detection for Mobile Applications, A Nikhila, Deepashree C, Jayanthi R, Jalaja G.,International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Vol. 5, Issue:05,ISSN: 2395-0072, May 2018.
- Reviewing the Pathway of Text-Mining Approaches to Guage the Applicability in Data Analysis, Jalaja G, Dr. Udaya Kumar Reddy K.R., International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 125- No.3, September 2015.
- RKE-CP: Response-based Knowledge Extraction from Collaborative Platform of Text-based Communication, Jalaja G., Dr. Kavitha C., International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, Vol. 8, No. 5, ISSN: 2088-8708, May 2017
- EFDC-KTM: An Efficient Framework Modeling Foe Document Clustering Using Keyword Based Text-Mining Approach, Jalaja G., Dr. Kavitha C.,Jour of Adv Research in Dynamical & Control Systems, Vol. 11, 02-Special Issue, 2019.
- Attendance Monitoring Through Image Processing Using Face Detection and Recognition Technique, Swetha B R , Jalaja G, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (IJIRSET), Volume 9, Issue 6, e-ISSN: 2319-8753, p-ISSN: 2320-6710, 2020.
- X-Ray Image Classifier Using DenseNet, Prajwal M , Jalaja G ., , International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (IJIRSET), Volume 9, Issue 6, e-ISSN: 2319-8753, p-ISSN: 2320-6710, 2020.
- Interactive System for ML Model Implementations, Bhavyadeep Purswani, Lekhana G, Harshitha A, Krithi Hegde Under the guidance of Smt. Jalaja G, INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY (IRJET), VOLUME: 07 ISSUE: 06, E-ISSN: 2395-0056, P-ISSN: 2395-0072, 2020.
- “ Sentiment Evaluation for text extracted from twitter” 2ndInternational Conference on Integrated Intelligent Computing, Communication & Security (ICIIC-2018), Jalaja G., Dr. Kavitha C., at SJBIT, 24th-25th January 2018, Bengaluru.
- Survey o Access point Handover decision algorithm, 5thNational Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering Technologies, ETET 2016, Akhila V, Jalaja G., at Jyothy Institute of Technology, 11th and 12th March 2016, Bengaluru.
- Jalaja G., Kavitha C., “Sentiment Evaluation for Text Extracted from Twitter”, 2nd International Conference on Integrated Intelligent Computing, Communication & Security (ICIIC-2018), at SJBIT, 24th-25th January 2018, Bengaluru, https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-981-10-8797-4_71.
- Listening music
- Visiting Holy Places