Dr. Sheba Selvam
Designation : Associate Professor
Area of specialization : Social Media Retrieval, Ontological Modeling, Sentiment Analysis, Machine Learning, Deep Learning
Date of Joining BNMIT :05/10/2020
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : email@example.com
No. of years of Experience : 5 years 3 months (Teaching) + 6 years 7 months (Research)
Department: Computer Science & Engineeering
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing||% of marks obtained|
|Ph.D (CSE)||National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli||March 2017|
|M.E. (CSE)||Anna University||2007||82%|
|B. E. (IT)||SASTRA University, Tanjore||2005||7.93|
|1||Associate Professor||BNM Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India||5 Oct 2020 till date|
|2||Associate Professor||RajaRajeswari College of Engineering, Bangalore||2 Aug 2017 to 29 Sep 2020|
|3||Full time Research Scholar||National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli (NITT)||11 Aug 2010 to 16 Mar 2017|
|4||Assistant Professor||M.A.M. College of Engineering, Tiruchirappalli||11th June 2008 to 10th August 2010|
Awards and Achievements
- Received Honours in B.Tech
List of subjects handled
- Database Management System
- Computer Organization
- Python Application Programming
- Data Communication
- Operating System
- Computer Networks
- Social media retrieval
- Semantic Web
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Sentiment Analysis
- Ontological Modelling
- Received 3 Lakhs fund from VTU TEQIP 1.3 for 5-day Training programme on “Outcome Based Education and NBA Accreditation.”
- SCI/SCIE Journals
- Selvam Blessy, Ravimaran S, Sheba Selvam, “Parallelized root cause analysis using cause-related aspect formulation technique (CRAFT)”. The Journal of Supercomputing. 2019 Sep 1;75(9):5914-29.
- Sheba Selvam, B. Ramadoss and S. R. Balasundaram, “Ontology-Based Event Detection Framework for Journalist”, Journal of Web Engineering (JWE), 17, No.6 (2018) 3583-3598 (SCI)
- Sheba Selvam, B.Ramadoss and S.R.Balasundaram, “Ontology With Hybrid Clustering Approach for Improving the Retrieval Relevancy in Social Event Detection”, International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems (IJSWIS) Volume 14, Issue 4, (2018):33-56 (SCI)
- Sheba Selvam, Ramadoss Balakrishnan, and Balasundaram Sadhu Ramakrishnan, “Social Event Detection–a systematic approach using Ontology and Linked Open Data with Significance to Semantic Links.” International Arab Journal of Information Technology Vol 15, no. 4 (2018): 729-738. (SCI).
- SCOPUS Journals
- Sheba Selvam, Suchithra K, Ranjitha C, Sahana B S and Sangavi S K, “Garbage Detection for Cleanliness Assessment in Urban Areas Using Fast Region Convolutional Neural Networks”, Journal of Critical Reviews, 2020, Vol. 7, No. 14, pp. 1755 – 7496
- Sheba Selvam, “Career recommender system using random forest algorithm”, Journal of Critical Reviews, 2020, Vol. 7, No. 14, pp.
- Sheba Selvam, Megaldon Jasper K, Prashanth N, Preetham M and Manoj V, “Handwritten Digit and Character Recognition Using Neural Networks”, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 2020, Vol. 29, No. 6, pp. 7497 – 7507
- Blessy Selvam, S Ravimaran, Sheba Selvam, “Heterogeneous Weighted Voting based Ensemble (HWVE) for Root-Cause Analysis”, Journal of Information Technology Research (JITR), 2019, Accepted (Scopus). In press.
- Blessy Selvam, S Ravimaran, Sheba Selvam, “Enhanced Root Cause Analysis using Rule based Aspect Extraction and RNN (RAER)”, Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems, Vol. 11, 04-Special Issue, 2019. 332-338 (Scopus)
- Sheba Selvam, B. Ramadoss, and S. R. Balasundaram (2015), Geo distance-based event detection in social media. International Journal of Computational Intelligence Studies, Vol. 4(1), pp. 87-101, Inderscience Publisher.
- International Conference
- Vinod Kumar k, Sheba Selvam, Suraj S and Chandra Shekar SS (2019). Prediction of Fine-Grained Air Quality for Pollution Control, International Conference on Innovations in Computing, Automation and Intelligent Information Systems (ICAIIS)
- Gaurav Kumar, Sheba Selvam, Meghana R. salmagundi and Aastha Mishra (2018). Data Noise Reduction and Analysis for Domain based Lead Generation, International Conference on Recent Trends in Computational Engineering and Technologies (ICTRCET’18).
- N, Sheba Selvam, Prathap. R and Sushmitha. M (2018). Threat Modeling for Commercial Website – A Tool based approach using OWASP Standards, International Conference on Recent Trends in Computational Engineering and Technologies (ICTRCET’18)
- Blessy Selvam, S Ravimaran, Sheba Selvam (2018). Hybrid approach for root cause analysis of aspects using online reviews, International Conference on Recent Trends in Computational Engineering and Technologies (ICTRCET’18)
- Sheba Selvam, B. Ramadoss, and S. R. Balasundaram (2015). A Combined Clustering Approach for Social Event Detection in Flickr, 2nd International Conference on Data Engineering and Communication Systems, RNS Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, India, 28-29 December 2015. Proceedings in the International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Volume 10, Number 86 (2015) Special Issues,168-171. (Scopus)
- Sheba Selvam, B. Ramadoss, and S. R. Balasundaram (2013). Event Detection Refinement Using External Tags for Flickr Collections, In the Proceedings of the International Conference on Advanced Computing, Networking, and Informatics, Springer, Raipur, India, 12-14 June 2013, Vol. 243, pp. 369-375. (Scopus). Cited by 6.
- National Conference
- Presented a paper titled “Face region analysis using Embedding Techniques”, at ACENET ‘06, PSNA College of Engineering & Technology, Dindigul.
- Presented a paper titled “Security for Commercial Grid Environment”, at National Conference on Engineers Meet in Emerging Trends, April 5th 2007, Oxford Engineering College, Tiruchirappalli.
- Presented a paper titled “Voice Security for Grid”, at National Conference on Recent Trends in Computer Technologies & Applications, 11th-12th October 2016, Pavendar Barathidasan College of Engineering & Technology, Trichy.
- Sheba Selvam., Blessy Selvam., Naveen J. (2020) “Root-Cause Analysis Using Ensemble Model for Intelligent Decision-Making”. In: Rout J., Rout M., Das H. (eds) Machine Learning for Intelligent Decision Science. Algorithms for Intelligent Systems. Springer, Singapore. First Online 03 April 2020
- “CRYPTOGRAPHIC SECURITY OF DATA TRANSFERS IN COMPUTER SYSTEMS”, Application No.202041005154 A, Publication Date: 14/02/2020
FDP /Workshops /Seminars/Guest Lectures Organized
- Organized 5-Day Virtual FDP on “Emerging Applications in Deep Learning” from 8th June 2020 to 12th June 2020.
- Mini Project Exhibition 18th Nov 2019, RRCE, Bangalore
- FDP on “Data Science”, from 28th Jan 2018 to 3rd Feb 2019 conducted by TEQUED labs in RRCE, Bangalore.
- “Project Exhibition” 25th May 2018, RRCE, Bangalore.
- Guest Lecture on “ARM 7 Processor” 24th April 2018, RRCE, Bangalore.
- Technical Seminar on “Machine Learning” 12th March 2018, RRCE, Bangalore.
- Educational Outreach 10th January 2018 to The Government School, Ramohalli, Bangalore
- Mini Project Exhibition on27th September 2017, RRCE, Bangalore.
- Educational Outreach on 9th September 2017, to The Government School, Ramohalli, Bangalore.
- Student Development Programme on “Android/Networking/Python”, 4th and 5th September 2017, RRCE, Bangalore.
- 3-day workshop on “Android Applications/ Advanced Networking/ JAVA, J2EE & Cloud Applications”, 30 Aug – 01 Sep 2017, RRCE, Bangalore.
- Technical seminar on “Storage Area Networks”, 24 August 2017, RRCE, Bangalore.