Area of specialization:
Wireless Sensor Networks
Date of Joining BNMIT:8/4/2008
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct): Regular
No. of years of Experience:
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing||% of marks obtained|
|Ph.D||Visvesvaraya Technological University||2019|
|M Tech||R V College of Engineering, Bangalore||2006||70.4|
|B E||S J C I T, Chickballapur||2001||64|
- Teaching:15 years
- Research: 7.11 years
- Industry: 0.6 year
|1||Associate Professor||B N M I T||June 2020 to till date|
|2||Assistant Professor||B N M I T||January 2011 to May 2020|
|3||Lecturer||Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore||August 2007 to July 2008|
|4||Lecturer||S J C I T, Chickballapur||August 2007 to July 2008|
|5||Sr. Lecturer||B N M I T||September 2002 to September 2004|
Awards and Achievements
Expertise / list of Subjects handled
- Software Engineering
- Management and Entrepreneurship for IT Industry
- Computer Networks-II
- Finite Automata and Formal Languages
- Discrete Mathematical Structures
- Object Oriented Programming with C++
- Computer Concepts and C Programming
- Data Mining
- Database Management System
- Unix Shell Programming
- Java and CGI programming
- Software Testing
- Software Architecture
- Agile Technologies
- Wireless Adhoc Networks
Thesis Title: Analysis and Design of Data Centric Algorithms for Wireless Sensor Networks
Sensor nodes generate data which needs to be routed to the Base Station. Since the sensor nodes have limited energy, energy optimization is of primary concern. Constant use of least cost route may result in network disconnection.
A set of energy conservative feasible paths are chosen randomly for data transmission. This achieves the dual advantage of energy conservation and load distribution. The Energy Aware Routing Protocol is extensively readapted to cater to Big Data as well as Quality of Service. The applications are prioritized so that the critical applications get better opportunity to utilize the network resources. Experimental results exhibit orders of magnitude energy conservation advantage compared to least cost route.
- Satish Kumar T, Reshma J, Krishna Prasad R, QOS Integrated Energy Aware Routing for Wireless Sensor Networks, International Journal of Networking and Virtual Organizations, Vol. 22. No.1, February 2020, pp.42-54, Scopus Indexed Journal, Inderscience Publishers.
- Reshma J, Analysis and Prediction of Air Quality, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Vol 7, Issue 1, January 2020.
- Reshma J, Ankita Chatterjee, Kishan Kumar Jaiswal, Ashmita Roy, Techniques for Analyzing Job Satisfaction in Working Employees – A Survey, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), November 2019, vol 6, Issue 11, pp.1887-1889.
- Reshma J, Ashwini R, A Survey on Air Quality Forecasting Techniques using Machine Learning, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, May 2019, Vol 8, Issue 5, pp.4965-4970.
- J Reshma, T Satish Kumar, B A Vani, S Sakthivel, Big Data Oriented Energy Aware Routing for Wireless Sensor Networks, Mobile Networks and Applications, April 2019, Vol. 24, Issue 2, pp.298-306, Science Citation Indexed Journal, Publisher: Springer(4 Citations)
- Reshma J, Remote Health Monitoring using Embedded Systems, International Journal of Scientific Research and Engineering Development, March – April 2019, Vol 2, Issue 2, pp.374-380.
- Reshma J, Chandan G R, Divyashree B S, Anushka Srinivasa, Arjun K H, Online Signature Verification using Convolutional Neural Network, International Journal for Research & Development in Technology, May 2018, Vol.9, Issue 5, pp.31-35.
- Roopa K, Reshma J, A Comparative Study of Sorting and Searching Algorithms, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, January 2018, Vol.5, Issue 1, pp.1412-1416.
- Shravya A R, Reshma J, Security Embedded CoAP using DTLS for IoT, International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering and Research, April 2016, Vol.2, Issue 4, pp.1-6.
- Reshma J, Kavitha C and Malashri S, Energy Efficient Grid and Tree Based Routing Protocol, International Journal of Wireless & Mobile Networks, June 2015, Vol.7, No.3, pp.17-26.
- Survey on Data Centric Routing Techniques in Wireless Sensor Networks, International Conference on Intelligent Computing Systems at Sona College of Technology, Salem, Tamilnadu, India on 16thDecember 2017, pp.178-186 (Publisher: Elsevier, ISSN: 1556-5068) (1 Citation).
- A Survey of Data-Centric Routing in Wireless Sensor Network, International Conference on Emerging Computation and Information Technologies at SIT, Tumkur, Karnataka, India on November 22nd 2013. (Publisher: Elsevier ISBN: 978-93-5107-176-1)