Ravindra Nath Tiwari
Designation : Assistant Professor
Area of specialization : Literature
Date of Joining BNMIT : 01/08/2018
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Contractual
E-mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
No. of years of Experience : 31 years
Department : Department of Training & Placement
|Degree||Institution||Year of Passing|
|Ph.D. – Italy||Selinus University-Italy as per Hague Convention 5th Oct 1961.||2020|
|P.G. Diploma in TESOL / TEFL-Canada||Asian College of Teachers-Canada||2018|
|M. Phil (English)||Madurai Kamaraj University-Madurai (T.N.)||2005|
|B.Ed.||Lucknow University, Lucknow (U.P.)||1982|
|B.Sc.||Lucknow University, Lucknow (U.P.)||1980|
|Assistant Professor||Dept. of T&P||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||2 years & 10 months|
|Principal||Central Tibetan Schools Administration, Delhi under MHRD, Govt of India||13 years|
|PGT-English||Central Tibetan Schools Administration, Delhi under MHRD, Govt of India||15 years|
Previous Administrative Responsibilities and Academic Supervision
- Worked as a Principal and DDO for a period of 13-Year and ran many Secondary and Senior Secondary Schools efficaciously and produced centum results.
- Conducted Academic Supervisions in almost 30 Government and Private Schools to strengthen the transaction of knowledge among the teachers and interacted with the teachers and the children for better teacher-taught relationship and educational growth.
- Developed Curriculum for Drawing Teachers, Physical Education Teachers and Librarians, working under Central Tibetan Schools Administration, Delhi that comes under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of School Education and Literacy-Govt of India.
- Appointed many Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff on contractual basis in almost six schools. Also, worked as a Regional Coordinator for the appointment of teaching and non-teaching staff on contractual basis in West Bengal, Darjeeling.
- Worked as a Centre Superintendent for conducting Common and CBSE X & XII Exams at various centres several times.
CBSE Inspection for Affiliations
- Worked as an Inspecting Officer- CBSE for Inspections of various schools to provide CBSE affiliations where nearly 10-15 schools got it successfully by the CBSE Board-Delhi.
CBSE Observer and Flying Squad for Various Exams
- Worked as a CBSE Observer in all the CBSE Exams viz NET, AIEEE, JEE, CTET, Supplementary Exams etc.
- Worked as a Flying Squad for seven schools under National Institute of Open Schooling, Dehradun for maintaining the sanctity of the exams.
Social Liasoning and Service
- Established meaningful relationships with the Community, Educational Institutions and other Institutions to work in collaboration for holistic growth of the workplace and the Institution both.
- Social Service at the Old Age Home, Odisha in the Tibetan Camp.
- Possess Certificates of NSS and Civil Defence for Social Services in the society.
Government Official Inquiries
- Worked as a Presenting and Inquiry Officer for various official inquiries
- District Commissioner Bharat Scout and Guide
- Completed the Basic Course of Assistant Commissioner, Bharat Scout and Guide from the National Headquarters, Pachmari
Awards and Achievements
- Academic Honours by the CTSA Hqrs- Delhi, Dept of Education, Dharmshala
- Awarded the FIRST PRIZE- Hindi Raaj Bhasha Puruskaar by the CTSA Hqrs-Delhi
- Appreciation Certificate by the Dept of Education- Dharamshala for ‘Valuable Services’ from 1st July 1991-10th Dec 2016
- Honours by the NGOs
- Honoured by Pachwadoon Vikas (Hindi Saaptahi Samachar Patra-Dehradun) as an Eminent Educationist, Uttarakhand
- Awarded by the Indian Association for the Blind with a Certificate of Appreciation for Social Service
- Payavaran Ratna Award and Paryavaran Dronacharya Award in 2008 and 2009 by The Indian Centre for Wildlife and Environmental Studies in South Asia Region
- Letter of Appreciation by Science Olympiad Foundation for popularizing Science and Mathematics in the School as a Principal
- -School Award in 2008 and 2009 for being the best in the State in the Science Talent Exams, organized by Tara mandala and Put ani Viganan
-Produced 100% result in SEM-1 (July to December Session-2018-19 (Odd SEM) with FCs and FCDs in the subject Technical English-1
-Produced 100% result in SEM-2 (January to June Session, 2018-19, Even SEM) with FCs and FCDs in the subject Technical English-2
– Produced 100% result in SEM-1 (July to December Session-2019-20 Odd SEM) with FCs and FCDs in the subject Technical English-1
– Produced 100% result in SEM-2 (Jan- June Session- 2019-20 Even SEM) with FCs and FCDs in the subject Technical English-II
– Followed Activity Based Teaching as per CENGAGE pattern and brought newness in the class. In this way promoted collaborative, Virtual and Blended Learning to make the sessions enlivened.
– Taught English to B.E, MBA and BEC (Business English Communication, Cambridge) Students at the BNM Institute of Technology-Bangalore (Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi in the the last 2-year and produced effective results.
-Conducted Induction Program in 2018-19 for all the sections of 1st SEM students on Role of Mass Media
-Conducted Induction Program from 7th-21st August 2019-20 for all the sections of 1stSEM students on Writing Prowess and Note making to groom them suitably-Conducted an FDP for the learned faculties of BNMIT on 18th January 2020 on Transcending Mentoring Skills and dealt with Language Refinement (Listing Verbs and Nouns and discussing their usage), Format and Structure of Formal Invitation, Acceptance and Non acceptance, Refinement of General Sentences, Preparation of Substitution Tables, Paragraph Writing, Cover Letter, Resume Writing, Letter Writing and Preparation of Worksheets on Written Communication
– Conducted Induction Programs in 2020-21 on Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication Skills
-Conducted an FDP for the learned faculties of BNMIT on 19th, 20th and 23rd July 2019 on Phonetics, Language Sensibilities and Writing Prowess under Transcending Language Skills
-Conducted an FDP for the learned faculties of BNMIT on 18th January 2020 on Transcending Mentoring Skills and dealt with Language Refinement (Listing Verbs and Nouns and discussing their usage), Format and Structure of Formal Invitation, Acceptance and Non acceptance, Refinement of General Sentences, Preparation of Substitution Tables, Paragraph Writing, Cover Letter, Resume Writing, Letter Writing and Preparation of Worksheets on Written Communication.
– Created blog and published many write-ups in the interest of the students for learning purposes rnt001.blogspot.com
-Appointed as a Question Paper Setter of Jain University, Bangalore for the Exam-June 2019 for the branch CS-SP, SEM-4, Business Communication and Presentation Skills vide letter no. JU/SET/ UG/ Exam/ 2019/112B dated 15.4.2019 assigned by the Controller of Exams, Bangalore
– Conducted a Webinar for MBA students of SJB Institute of Technology of Technology, Dept. of MBA on the ‘Importance of Business Communication and its Impact on Work Force Management’ from 21st-26th May, 2020.
– Conducted a Webinar for MBA students of SJB Institute of Technology, Dept. of MBA on 17th July, 2020 on 17th July, 2020 on the topic: ‘Present Trend in Job Market and Preparedness thereof.’
-Trained 21 students for BEC Exam-2019 which was conducted by The Cambridge University, London and all the students came out in flying colours by scoring very high percentage in the exams. This will certainly help them during placements. Used Flipped Classrooms, Served Instructional Contents Online only in a few cases and shared Webinar with the BEC Aspirants. Guided the students for IELTS and TOEFL also.
- Edit BNMIT Chronicle, Newsletters of all the Engineering and MBA Departments viz CSE, ISE, ECA, ME, EEE and MBA
- Edit all the Reports, MoUs, Coffee Books and all the other materials of the college as and when required and give final shape to them
- Worked as an Anchor for almost all the occasions in the Schools, Delhi Hqrs and now at the BNMIT College, Bangalore
- Impart Corporate Trainings to the Engineering and MBA students and ensure excellent selections in the Companies
– Accenture Specific Training for EEE and ME Students of 7th SEM, Eligible for the Drive was imparted where 21 students of EEE and 7 students of ME (Total 28 students) got selected This was a grand success.
-Accenture Specific Training of Interview and GD for the 8th SEM students of EEE, ISE, CSE and ECE on 30.1.2020 from 9:00 am-12:30 pm. Out of 11, 5 students got selected.
-Conducted Club Activities for MBA students of 3rd SEM in 2018 and made it quite interesting for them
-Imparted training to MBA, SEM-1 students on Oral Communication, Paralinguistic Features, Pronunciation, Debates, Group Discussion and Interview Skills and groomed them well on 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd,26th, 27th and 30th December 2019, two hours each day
-Groomed the MBA students for Placement with a strong hope to see similar success in the forthcoming placements. Around 15-20 students got selected in ICICI Bank in marketing domain
-Taught Capstone English to the students of first year MBA in the current session
Previous Experience of English Teaching
- Taught English at the Secondary and the Senior Secondary Level for 15-Year under Central Tibetan Schools Administration, Delhi that comes under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of School Education and Literacy-Govt of India.
Master Trainer/ Resource Person- English, CBSE under Train the Trainers Program
- Imparted frequent trainings to PRTs, TGTs and Miscellaneous Teachers of Central Tibetan Schools Administration-Delhi that comes under The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of School Education and Literacy-Govt of India
- -Imparted training to TGTs of Navodaya Vidyalaya, Dehradun that comes under Navodaya Vidyalaya Samity that comes under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of School Education and Literacy-Govt of India.
- Imparted Training to the teachers working under the Department of Education, Dharamshala (HP).
- Conducted four days’ Workshop on ‘Capacity Building’ for the Headmasters, working in the schools of Odisha Govt. under the program Sarva Shiksha Abhiyaan, Right to Education Act, at the Collectorate, Parlekhemundi, District Gajapati, Odisha.
‘Imparted Teacher Specific Trainings’ to the Teachers as a Resource Person- English
- 2-Day Training in English to the TGTs of Middle School, working under Dept of Education, Dharamshala.
- 12-Day Training to the PRT (English) and TGT (English), working under the CTSA Hqrs-Delhi.
- 8-Day Activity Based Teaching and Interactive English for PRTs.
- 5-Day In-service Training to the PRT-English at the CTSA Hqrs-Delhi.
- 5-Day In-service Training to the TGT-English at the CTSA Hqrs-Delhi.
- 10-Day Content Based Training Program for TGT-Humanities, working under the CTSA Hqrs-Delhi.
- 6-Day Workshop on Development of Curriculum for the teachers, working under the CTSE Hqrs-Delhi
- Need and Content Based Training in English for the teachers, working under the CTSA, Hqrs -Delhi
- 10-Day Training for Miscellaneous Teachers, working under the CTSA Hqrs-Delhi
- 21-Day English Language Scholarship Training for Tibetans, conducted by Cambridge University, England
Completed Ph.D. in English (ELT) from Selinus University of Sciences and Literature, Italy in 2020.
- Published a Research Paper in the International Journal of English Literature and Social Sciences (IJELS) on the topic ‘Pivotal Role of English in Research’. Reference: ISSN:2456-7620, Impact Factor: 5.553, Vol-5, Issue-5, September- October 2020
Conference: Paper Presentation
- Presented a paper in the International Conference on the Topic ‘Interpersonal Communication Skills Required for the Managers in Corporate Sectors and their Impact on Teams and the Company’s Business
Books: Published Books
- Published a Book on Technical English-1 for B.E. Students in 2019. It was published by Enas Publications with ISBN 9789386891150 worth Rs.150/ -. Available on Google Play and Kindle.
- Technical English-2 has also been published by Shashwat Publication with the ISBN 978-81-945989-9-2 and 978-93-90290-22-2. This book is available on Amazon, Flip cart, Google Play, Amazon Kindle and Google.
- Published nearly 10-12 Magazines and Newsletters while working as a Principal
Hobbies: Gardening and Music
Sports: Got 1st and 2nd Positions at District, State and National Level several times in Boxing and Pole Vault, during the College Days
Music: Passionate singing
Any other things: NSS and Civil Defence
Trainings Attended as a Principal
- 5-Day Training on Strategic Leadership in Education Management for Principal, conducted by the IIM-Lucknow.
- 5-Day Basic Course for Commissioners of Bharat Scout and Guide at the National Headquarters, Pachmarhi.
- 2-Day International Conference on Education at Gurgaon, Haryana conducted by the CBSE-Delhi.
- 3-Day Leadership Training Program at Gurgaon, conducted by the CBSE-Delhi.
- 3-Day Training on Earthquake and Landslide Risk Mitigation for PRIs and NGOs, conducted by the District Disaster Management Section and Regional Training Centre, Darjeeling in collaboration with ATI-West Bengal at the Regional Training Centre, Darjeeling.
- 3-Day Conference on Inclusive Education for School Leaders, conducted by Dept of Education-Dharmshala.
- 2-Day UKIERI Workshop in Delhi conducted by CTSA Hqrs-Delhi in Collaboration with The University of London.
- Attended nearly 18-20 Heads’ Conferences, while working under the Central Tibetan Schools Administration-Delhi, MHRD-, Govt of India
Trainings Attended as a PGT-English
- 3-Day Orientation Program on Comprehensive School Health Awareness, conducted by the CBSE, Delhi.
- 5-Day Orientation program for Resource Persons in English Language Teaching, conducted by the CBSE-Delhi.
- 21-Day Inservice Training Course for PGT- English at Guwahati, conducted by the CBSE-Delhi.
- 21-Day Inservice Training Course for PGT-English at K.V. Picket- Secunderabad.
- 2-Day Inservice Training Course for Language Teachers on the use of Language Lab, conducted by CST-Bylakuppe Karnataka.
Coursera Courses: Completed two courses of Coursera:
– Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online, & On the Phone from Georgia Institute of Technology on 8.3.2020 and got 96% marks.
– ‘English for Teaching Purposes’ from UAB Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona on 4.10.2020 and got 96% marks.
-Attended Councillor’s Workshop at the Global Academy of Technology, Bangalore from 21st to 25th Jan 2019 under Skill Development Program in Association with VTU, Belagavi and NIMHANS, Bangalore while acting as a Councillor
-Attended a Workshop on Enhancement Program for Mentors, teachers and Counsellors on ‘Helping our Students get through College’ at the Global Academy of Technology, in association with VTU-Belagavi and NIMHANS-Bangalore 21-25 June 2019