Designation :Professor & HOD
Area of specialization : Computer Networks
Date of Joining BNMIT : 08/01/2003
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
No. of years of Experience : 23 Years
|Degree||Institution||Year of Passing|
|Ph.D||Research Center, BNMIT||Jan -2018|
|M.Tech||BMSCE, Bangalore||July -2007|
|1||Professor & Head||ISE,BNMIT, Bengaluru||15-July-2019 to till Date|
|2||Professor||BNMIT, Bengaluru||1-June-2018 – 13-July-2019|
|3||Associate Professor||BNMIT, Bengaluru||2012 – 2018|
|4||Assistant Professor||BNMIT, Bengaluru||2011 – 2012|
|6||Senior Lecturer||BNMIT, Bengaluru||2008 – 2011|
|7||Lecturer||BNMIT, Bengaluru||2003 – 2007|
|8||Lecturer||DBIT, Bengaluru||2003 – 2004|
- Life Member, Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)LM38493.
- Member, Computer Society of India
- Organizing chair for faculty development programme on “Research and Innovation for Growth” at BNMIT from 20thto 24th Jan 2020.
- Convener for Faculty Development Programme on “Biomedical Signal Processing” at BNMIT from 11thto 15th June
- Short term courses on “Mobile Development Application programme” for Postgraduate students.
- Member of organizing committee for one week FDP on “Storage Area Network: Configuration and management simplified” from 19th– 23rd Jan
- PG Coordinator for CSE/CNE from (2016 to 2018): As a PG coordinator, I have organized various workshops, framed guidelines for their internship and project. Designed and developed various rubrics for the evaluation of the project and technical
- CSI Coordinator: In this venture, I have conducted a workshop for first year students on booting and assembling of system, for 2ndyear students on designing a Web site using homesite and for the 3rd year student’s hands on network lab.
- Innovative Project Lab (IPL) Coordinator: The IPL is an innovative project competition, which will be conducted in the college for all braches which is sponsored by EDC cell. Students are motive by to work in innovative projects. The one team got the best innovative project award.
- NBA: In NBA the I have worked towards developing, documenting and proof collection for Vision, mission and program educational objectives, Teaching Learning Process, and in course outcome and program outcome. I am also a Scrutinizer, PAAC member and DAB member in the department.
- T5: T5 (Time, Tidy, Transform, Truth, Think) for 5 Minutes is non-technical activity conducted for students of first, second and third year students to improve their teamwork, time management, group activity. I am involved in this to guide the students to motivate towards their
Awards and Achievements
- Sponsored Projects Undertaken from Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (Government of Karnataka) sponsored Final Year Projects at ACSCE for the Academic Year 2014-15, under Students Project Proposal-SPP: 38th series.
- Microsoft Certified Developer (in VisualBasic).
- “Faculty Development Programme on Web Technology”: at RNSIT, Bangalore, presented Talk on PERL programming for faculties from various engineering colleges, 27th – 30th July 2009.
- “Web Development using Home site Tool”: at BNMT, Bangalore.
- Networks, Communication
- Data Structures
- Automata Theory and Computability
- Compiler Design
- Data Structures,
- Advanced Algorithms
- Wireless Sensor Network
- Internet of Things
- Unix Shell Programming
- Unix System Programming
- Unix Internals
As a Corporate trainer I have trained in various companies to name few BEL, BOSCH, Wipro, Infosys, Tata Infotech, EMC2. For many courses I have designed the course content and materials required.
- Arathi S M , Shashikala and et al., “Building A Simple Test Bed For WSN” published in the International Journal of Latest Trends in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 5 Issue 4 July 2015 , pp 377-384.
- K.A, Shashikala “PULSE: A Health Monitoring Solution for Astronauts Utilizing Big Data and Machine Learning Methodologies”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 6, Issue 5, May 2017 pp9026-9032.
- Aishwarya A S, Shashikala “Performance Analysis of C4.5 and SVM Algorithm using MapReduce”, International Journal of Current Trends in Engineering & Research (IJCTER) e- ISSN 2455–1392 Volume 2 Issue 8, August 2016 pp. 17 – 22, Scientific Journal Impact Factor : 3.468.
- Rini Harshita, Shashikala, “An Efficient Data Acquisition in Wireless Sensor Network for a Transfaulty Network”, International Journal of Trend in Research and Development, Volume 4(4),pp526-531, Jul-Aug 2017
- Vinay B M S, Smt. Shashikala, “TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT USING LOW ENERGY BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY”, International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering & Research (IJRTER),Volume 02, Issue 08; August – 2016 [ISSN: 2455-1457].
- Ramyavathsala C V, Dr. Shashikala “saraNi – An IoT based path finder” published in
- International Journal of Advance Research, Ideas and Innovations in Technology, Vol 4, iss 3, June 2018.
- Vidyarani K , Dr. Shashikala, “Nitrogen content in rice leaf and weed in the crop row” , published in International Journal of Advance Research, Ideas and Innovations in Technology, Vol 4, iss 3, June
- Shashikala , Roopashree V , Malavika D N , Nikitha Bai E , Suman A , “Traffic Congestion Detection and Alerting Ambulance using IoT” Volume 09, Issue 07 (July 2020), open access Journal, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY (IJERT) IJERT.
- Shashikala, Harshitha. P , Hiranmayee S Dixith , Krithi , Neha Rajeeva, “Coal Mine Disaster Prediction”, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY (IJERT) Volume 09, Issue 07 (July 2020),
- Shashikala, Kavitha C, “Secured Cluster based Data integrity Routing protocol for WSN” Published in the proceedings by Springer, Digital life –
- Shashikala, Kavitha C ,“A Survey on Secured Routing Protocol for WSN” published in Computing, Communication & Networking Technologies (ICCCNT), 2012 Third International Conference.
- Shashikala, Kavitha C, “A Secured Alternative path Routing Protocol against DoS attack”, presented in Eleventh International conference WOCN-2014, in Guntur, AP date of Conference 11th Sept -2014 to 13th September 2014. Published in IEEEXplore
- Shashikala, Kavitha C, “Secure Data Integrity Routing for Wireless Sensor Networks” ICAECC- 2014, Bangalore, Conference Date 10th and 11th October 2014. Published in IEEE
- M, Shashikala and et al., “A SURVEY ON CLUSTER BASED ENERGY EFFICIENT ROUTING PROTOCOLS “ ICRBIT-2015, Bangalore, Published in ELK-Asia Pacific Journals, ISBN:978-81-930411-5-4
- TM , Shashikala “SURVEY ON DELAY TOLERANT NETWORK “ ICRBIT-2015, Bangalore, Published in ELK-Asia Pacific Journals,ISBN:978-81-930411-5-4
- Shashikala, Kavitha C, “Secured Cluster based Data integrity Routing protocol for WSN” Published in Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing book series of sensors and Image Processig from springer in 2018.
Editorial Board Member
- Reviewer in IEEE sensor
- Editorial Board member for International Journal of Recent Trends in Cloud Computing and Web Engineering.
- Editorial Board member for International Journal of Network Security and Data
- Editorial Board member for International Journal of Internet andNetworking
- Editorial Board member for Scibay International Journal of Science Engineering Technology and Management.
- Roof gardening
- Throw Ball
Any other things