B A KARPAGAM
Designation : ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
Area of specialization : MARKETING
Date of Joining BNMIT : 15/12/2019
Nature of Association : Regular
E-mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
No. of years of Experience : 14.7 Years
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing|
|M Phil||Management, Bharathidasan University||2007|
|MBA||University of Mysore||1996|
|1||BNM institute of technology||2019-till date|
|2||International school of management sciences., Bangalore and IBMT||2012-2016|
|3||Amity global business school Chandigarh||2011-2012|
|4||Online teaching at Manipal University for executive MBA||2010-2011|
|5||Community Institute of Management studies, Bangalore||2008-2011|
|7||Oxford college of Management, Bangalore||2006-2007|
|8||Miranda college of Management, Bangalore||2005-2006|
- Alumni coordinator, Class coordinator, PAAC coordinator, Guest lecture Coordinator, Counselor.
- Instrumental in arranging Resource for FDP.
- Instrumental in arranging webinars from industry personnel and Alumni.
- Instrumental in heading the HR team in the department fest Aarohan.
- Product and Brand management
- Consumer behaviour
- Sales and logistics management
- International business
- Business environment
- Services marketing
- Advertising and sales promotion
- Business Research Methodology
- Sales and distribution management
- Principles of management
- Human resource management
- International marketing.
- Pursuing PhD from VTU- Completed coursework and comprehensive viva.
- Karpagam BA, “Enhancing Teaching Effectiveness”: MBA Review, Sep07
- Reliance as an organized retail sector in India” Marketing Mastermind (submitted)
- Karpagam BA , “Green marketing –New hopes and challenges” Marketing Mastermind Apr 08
- Karpagam BA, Industry academic interaction in India”ICFAI journal of Higher Education (submitted).
- Healthcare consciousness- Opportunities and Challenges” a conference paper submitted and accepted in the national conference on “Health insurance -Challenges and prospects in INDIA”, 9thMarch 2018. (Pg. NO.-50-53, and ISBN :978-93-85629-54-9
- Green marketing strategies to enhance sustainability and profitability of handloom silk in Karnataka-IJMSS journal vol 8 2.8,2019, 15.Published on “Green marketing strategies to enhance sustainability and profitability of handloom silk in Karnataka “in International Journal of Management and Social Sciences (IJMSS), International Conference Special Issue on Research in Business Management and Information Technology p-ISSN – 2249 0191, e-ISSN – 2349 9761, Volume 8 Issue 2.5 (2019) Page1. No 104-106 on April 2019.
- Case study workshop conducted by ICFAI Research Centre, Bangalore
- Attended workshop on Research methodology and practices conducted VTU in 2017 at CMRIT.
- Internal conference on “Future of aerospace and aviation” conducted by IIM Bangalore, February 28th, 2018.
- Attended two-day workshop on Advanced ICT in teaching at BNMIT Bangalore.2019.
- Attended five-day workshop FDP on” Transcending Language skills “in BNMIT, Bangalore,2019.
- Attended Three-day workshop FDP on “Transcending Mentoring skills” in BNMIT, Bangalore, January 2020.
- Attended webinar by Edu-Leaders virtual conference organized by AITMC
- Attended FDP by RNSIT on research Methodology 2020
- Attended webinar on Migrant worker legislations – a reality check organized by MS Ramaiah Institute 2020
- Faculty development programme-IBS-Bangalore-2006-2007
- Faculty development programme-IBS-Bangalore -2007-2008
- “Healthcare consciousness- Opportunities and Challenges -in “Health insurance – challenges and Prospects in India, National conference held on 9th march 2018, with ISBN :978-93-85629-54-9), organized by Department of commerce College of arts and science, Nanjangud, and Mysore Insurance Institute
- Paper presented on “Green marketing strategies to enhance sustainability and profitability of handloom silk in Karnataka”
- IInd International Conference on Research in Business Management and Information Technology organized by RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore on 25/04/2019 to 26/04/2019.
- Paper presented on at Two-Day “ Use of social media for marketing handlooms “under integrated marketing communications subtheme in International Conference on Contemporary Innovations in Industry and Commerce (CIIC-2019)” organized by Department of Post Graduate Studies and Research in Commerce, Mangalore University, Mangalore on 22/02/2019 to 23/02/2019
- Passion for singing
Awards and Achievement
- Awards and Achievements:Gold medal in MBA.
- Gold medal in M.Sc.
- BGL SWAMY Gold medal in BSc.
- Distinction in M.Phil.
- Cleared UGC-NET-2012