About the course:
MBA programme under VTU aims to equip students with the necessary knowledge and managerial skills to occupy positions of management and administration in business, industry, public system and the government. The course helps students understand business management concepts and their applications in the domestic and global business setting. It helps to identify customer needs and participate in the process of developing products and services to meet their requirements. The programme provides the right mix of managerial and business exposure to function effectively in various domains of management.
About the Department:
BNM Institute of Technology invites aspirants to be a part of its MBA programme for an intensive Personal and Professional Transformation that prepares them for the challenges of the Corporate World.
Situated in the IT capital of India, Bangalore, BNMIT- MBA program is one of the top Ranking B-Schools in Karnataka affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University. We offer Dual Specializations in the streams of Human Resources, Finance and Marketing. We have the reputation of securing the best results among the B-Schools in Bangalore..
(Click for More Information)
About the Head of the Department:
Dr. Maruthi Ram carries a rich experience of 27 years in the industry and over ten years in academics. He has worked as Professor and Program head in NCET, DSI Groups, RVIM and Citech. He was a member of Board of Examiners in VTU and a sitting Board of Studies in MSRU and BMS College of Engineering. Dr. Ram has chaired many sessions in National seminars and delivered keynote addresses. He also has 18 research papers in international journals to his credit. He has published many research papers in National and International Conferences. Presently he is guiding six Research Scholars for their Ph.D. under VTU. Prof. Ram received the ‘Commendation for Exemplary Service in Education Field’ award by Rotary Club, Southwest Bangalore on 4th September 2018.
As a postgraduate in the Science of Yoga, Prof. Ram has voluntarily conducted more than 3000 free yoga classes to NGOs. For his yeoman services as a yoga volunteer for the past sixteen years, he has earned the sobriquet ‘Yoga guru’ by the NGO ‘Hindu Seva Prathistana’, Bengaluru. He also is an authorized yoga trainer and a project guide for M.Sc (Yoga) of Annamalai University. For his excellent services in the field of yoga, he was awarded the ‘Yogacharya award’ by ‘Shivashakti Yoga Kendra’, Bangalore in November 2013. In his literary pursuits of Kannada poetry, Prof. Ram has authored two books titled ‘Akhilam Madhuram’ and ‘Manasa Geetham’. Another book titled ‘Manadangalada Bhavatharanga’ is going to be published shortly.
- Number of teaching staff: 12 (Prof: 3, Assoc. Prof.:4, Asst. Prof.: 5)
- Number of Ph.Ds : 5
- Number of staff pursuing Ph.D : 5
- Average experience of staff: 10 + years
- Staff with industry experience: 7
- Technical & supporting staff: 4
R & D center – The Research scholars and faculty members are utilizing Research and Development centre and actively involved in research activities and have received grants from different organizations. The students and staff are encouraged to participate in research work. Some of the areas where research has been carried out by the faculty members are Human Resource Practices, Stock Market, Banking, Social Networking, Digital Marketing etc.
- No. of candidates registered: 11 (7 pursuing, 4 completed)
- Completion of comprehensive viva voice: 7
- Candidates awarded: 4
- No. of Guides : 5
Company : Wipro Technologies Ltd.,
- Title : “Impact study of Mission 10X Programme”
- Principal Investigator: Dr. G. Nagalingappa
- Year : 2012-2013.
- Revenue generated: Rs. 4.7 lakh
Conferences/Faculty Development Programme /Workshops conducted:
Click for more information
- A Brainstorming Session on ‘Intellectual Property Management’ was organized on January 20, 2017 with an objective to integrate IPR with the education process to enhance the quality of thinking, propagate a culture of regard and respect for IPR, ensure speedy and accurate identification and protection of innovations arising out of the research work carried out in the Institute.
- Staff Development Programme: Staff Development Programme on ‘Advanced Excel’ was organised for the non-teaching staff members of BNMIT on January 18, 2017.
- The Department of MBA has signed an MoU with Learninto Education Private Ltd., to have online training courses for MBA students on January 2, 2017.
- Experiential Workshop/MDP on ‘Competency Mapping and Development’ was organized by MBA Department, BNMIT in Association with Grandeur India, Bangalore, held on December 2 &3, 2016. Consultants, Corporate representatives & Academia from all across Bangalore participated in the MDP.
- Faculty Development Programme on ‘360 degree Approach to Competency Enhancement of Management Faculty’ was organized from July 11 to 16, 2016.
- Faculty Development Programme on ‘Entrepreneurship’ was organized from July 11 to 22, 2016 in association with EDII, Ahmedabad.
- BNM Institute of Technology has signed MoU with Fidelity National Financial (FNF)- a US based Fortune 500 company on 25th May, 2016.
- WORKSHOP ON FINANCIAL PLANNING: A Workshop on Financial Planning was organised on 5th February, 2016. Ms.Rajalakshmi Jain, Cluster Training Manager, Sales Training, PNB MetLife conducted the workshop.
- PROJECT WORKSHOP: A Project Workshop was organised on 6th October, 2015. Prof. V K Sriram, a Research Methodology Expert was the Key Resource Person for the Workshop.
- SPSS and EXCEL WORKSHOP: An SPSS and EXCEL Workshop was organised from 12th to 14th August 2015. Mr.Shankar, CARES-Mentor-Research & Training was the Key Resource Person for the Workshop.
- WORKSHOP ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP: A Workshop on ‘Fostering Entrepreneurship: The Art of Innovations to Win-ovations’ was organised on 12th February, 2016. Srimathi. Prabhavathi Rao, Program Coordinator, VTPC, Dr.S.Ramamurthy, Head-IPR, Centre for Emerging Technologies, Jain University, Mr.Thimmana, Partner, ALMT Legal, Mr.Lokesh, MD, Innomantra Consulting were the Resource Persons for the Workshop.
- SPSS Workshop was organised on February 27, 2015. The resource person for the workshop was Mr. Sandeep, Marketing Executive, SPSS South Asia Pvt Limited
- Workshop on ‘Supply Chain Management-Best Practices and Challenges’ organised in association with Indian Institute of Materials Management, Bangalore Chapter held on March 19, 2015.
The Department has won a Silver Award for Innovation in Teaching Methodology “I3: Innovative-Integrated-Inclusive Management Pedagogy: A Case Study on Leveraging MOOC’s with Main Stream MBA Program at BNMIT” at the IMC Awards 2015 organised by the 6th Indian Management Conclave.
Dr. L Vijayashree, Prof. Dept of MBA, BNMIT
- Has been honoured by Rotary Bangalore South Parade, on the occasion of Teacher’s Day held on September 5, 2017.
- Was the Chief Guest for the Annual Function on the theme “Dance Around the World- 2017”, organised by Lady Wellington High School, Bangalore on December 21, 2017.
- Awarded as “Woman of Excellence” by Rotary Bangalore South Parade, on the occasion of International Women’s Day held on March 8, 2017, in recognition of her selfless work towards creating opportunities and platforms for rural students in building entrepreneurial skills in the corridors of Education, Employability & Employment.
- Received Academic Excellence and Leadership Award on 7th Sep 2015 from ISBR B-School.
- Best Teacher Award – Local self Government Convocation held on 5th sep 2014 on account of Teachers day celebrations.
- Received Best paper award in National Conference on Transformational Excellence in Entrepreneurship & Management at Sree sastha Institute of Engineering & Technology, Chennai on 28th March 2015. Title of the Paper: An empirical study on social network sites and their perceived benefits.
- Award of Appreciation for Academic Achievements-Lions Vaishnavi on 22nd March 2015 on the occasion of Women’s Day celebration.
- Tenth AIMS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MANAGEMENT-IIMB, 6-9 JAN 2013, Paper: “ A study of demographic factors on Role Stress and Role Efficacy”- Top 10 Research paper of the year 2013.
- Received outstanding Paper Award for the paper entitled “The influence of Age on Role efficacy and Role stress” in BMS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE- 201, 21 DEC 2012
- BOOKS PUBLISHED BY FACULTY:
||Title of the Book
Dr. L Vijayashree
||R. Chand Publications, New Delhi
||Vision Publications, Bangalore
Dr. Mukund Sharma
|Banking and Financial Services
|Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
|Stock and Commodity markets
|Banking Regulations and Operations
|Financial Markets and Services
|Indian Financial System
Department Technical clubs:
The HR Club promotes human resources-related activities for the students of HR Specialisation. Events like Psychometric Santhe in association with NHRD, Panel Discussions, NHRD- Project Swayamvar have been organised. The students put up stalls for experiential learning to test the participants on loco inventory, life experience inventory, leadership styles, role efficacy, rods-scale, personal effectiveness and coping with stress.
The Club organised a Rural Market Visit to Siddaganga Mutt Fair, Tumkur District
MBA students took keen interest in selling their products to the people who were part of Siddaganga Mutt Fair, Tumkur District. The three groups namely Panchayati Pandavaru, Santhege Savaal and Godhulee invested Rs.500 each and the remaining two teams namely Raithara Mithra and Grahakara Bandhu invested Rs.300 each. The total money from all the 5 groups summed up to Rs. 2100. The total money earned at the end of the activity was Rs. 4000. The aim of the visit was to provide a practical exposure to the students about scope and challenges of rural marketing.
The Finance Club promotes finance-related activities for the students of Finance Specialisation. It provides opportunities to students in a wide variety of finance-related interests, particularly investment banking, sales and trading, private wealth management, and corporate finance. Activities planned under the club includes mock stock trading, guest lecture from experts from the industry, tutorial classes on e-views, TED talks related to Investment & Banking, Movies related to stock market, finance quiz, crossword puzzles etc.
- Priyanka Bandhu and Vidyashree B L of third semester MBA secured 1st prize in HR Event at “Quest 2012”, a management fest organized by BMS College of Engineering.
- Kushalappa B K of 3rd Semester won “Best Budding Investor” in the stock mind event conducted by ICICI Direct and Triveni R of 3rd Semester was 1st Runner up in the same event.
- Priyanka Bandhu, third semester MBA student secured 1st prize in Marketing Genius and second prize in Business Plan at “8th Mile 2012” a Management Fest organized by R V College of Engineering, Bangalore held from March 15 to 17, 2012.
- MBA Students coordinated Panel Discussion:”A day with Vibrant Strategists” with eminent speakers Mr. Sarath Babu, Elumalai-Food King, Mr. Subbaiah, National Head Team Lease, Dr. Nayana Tara, Professor, IIMB, Ms. Dhanvanti, Jain, President, AWAKE, Mr. Sreekar- WIFI Networks and Mr. Rajesh CNB-CEO Security Mechanics on October 26, 2013 at BNMIT.
- Final year students participated in a project on Elder Abuse in Banashankari II Stage in association with Senior Citizen’s Association, BSK II Stage in the month of November 2014.
- MBA Marketing students Mr. Sachin Bhatt and Mr. Sachin Harnal, did a Marketing Survey on existing Pharma Online products for Span Infotech in the month of October 2014.
- Naveed Ahmed and Chirag have won the best paper award in Student Conference organized by R V Institute of Management on March 18, 2015. The title of the paper was “Make In India-Leather Industry”.
- Raveena and Thejaswini M R of I year MBA participated and won the first prize in Signature event in BMS fest on 27thand 28th March 2015.
- Naveed and Abhishek.U. of I year MBA participated and won the third place in the Marketing event.
- Dilip Kumar of I year MBA won the “ Best Manager” title in the Management Fest organised by RNSIT on 26th and 27th of March 2015.
- Shreyas and Pooja Prasad of First Year MBA won the First Place in the National Conference for Paper Presentation in SJBIT on 6th April, 2016
- Ananth P Joshi, third semester MBA student has secured the following prizes in Yoga Championship-
- a. Has secured 3rd place in the first open yogasana championship conducted by Atmadarshana Yoga Centre Affiliated to Yoga Alliance International & Yoga-Samskrutham University, Florida, USA, held on 18th June 2016. Ananth has also been qualified for International Level Yoga Championship to be held in Srilanka.
- b. Ananth has secured 3rd place in the “STATE LEVEL YOGA CHAMPIONSHIP 2016″ CONDUCTED BY Dept. Of Public Instruction, Jnanaganga Yoga Foundation and Chaitanya Yoga Kendra which was held on July 10, 2016.
- c. He has participated in ”ALL INDIA YOGASANA CHAMPIONSHIP 2016″ Under the age group of 18 to 25 years, conducted by International Krishna Yoga Association under sub category of ”combination” and secured 2nd place. The competition was held from July 22 to 24, 2016 at Sri Rama Samudhya Bhavana, Malleshwaram, Bangalore.
- d. Ananth P Joshi has received an award for his achievement in the field of yoga from Panchajanya Foundation. The award was facilitated from Mr. N Santosh Hegde, former loyakuta official and in the presence of Dr B M Hegde on June 25, 2016 at National College, Basavangudi.
- Kishan M R and B Pawan G Pai of third semester MBA have won the best paper award for the paper entitled “Consumer Perception Towards Ayurveda Medicinal Products with Special Reference to Sunson Herbal Products” in the Two Day National Seminar on “Emerging Issues in Commerce” organized by National College, Jayanagar, held on August 30 & 31, 2016.
- Ms. Namratha & Ms. Priyanka, second semester MBA students have won first place in cooking without fire event of “Elina Rebooted 2017”, organised by Jain University on February 22 & 23, 2017.
- Second semester MBA students have participated in ‘Chiguru- 2017’, inter-collegiate fest organised by Cambridge University, Bangalore on March 11 & 12, 2017. Ms. Sowmyashree and Namitha Singh have won first place in product launch. Ms. Shashikala and Mr. Thulasiram have won second place in Kannada Quiz. Ms. Sowmyashree and Shashikala have won second place in Collage.
- Ms. Thejaswini has won first place in Best manager as well as Best Seller event in inter college fest organised by Sri Krishna Degree College, held on March 18, 2017.
- Ms. Sindhu S S and Mr. Likith S of second semester MBA have participated and secured II place in Marketing event in the National Level Management and cultural fest “GESTIONE” held on April 20 & 21, 2017 at RNSIT, Bangalore.
» Department Facilities
Department News letter
» Department Newsletter – Management Chronicle – Volume 1, Issue 1
» Department Newsletter – Management Chronicle – Volume 1, Issue 2
» Department Newsletter – Management Chronicle – Volume 2, Issue 1
» Department Newsletter – Management Chronicle – Volume 2, Issue 2
» Department Newsletter – Management Chronicle – Volume 3, Issue 1