Dr. Saritha Chakrasali
Designation : Professor & HOD
Area of specialization :
Date of Joining BNMIT : 10/09/2001
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
No. of years of Experience : 19 years & 4 months
Department : Department of Training & Placement
|Degree||Institution||Year of Passing|
|Ph.D.||Madurai Kamaraj University, India.||2014|
|B.Tech||Bangalore University, India.||1995|
|Head||Dept. of T&P||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||(03rd Dec 2018– Till date)|
|Professor||Dept. of ISE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||(01st Sept 2014– Till date)|
|Associate Professor||Dept. of ISE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||(5th Mar 2012– 31st Aug 2014)|
|Assistant Professor||Dept. of ISE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||(2nd Jan 2008– 4th Mar 2012)|
|Lecturer||Dept. of ISE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||(10th Sep 2001– 1st Jan 2008)|
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities (University Level)
- External Examiner for evaluation of PhD theses from Madurai Kamaraj University and Manonmaniam Sundaranar University
- Examiner for M.Tech., Viva-voce- VTU
- Examiner at PhD Comprehensive Viva- VTU
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities (Institute Level)
- Coordinator, T5, TW5(2017-2018) (2018-2019)
- Coordinator, Induction Program for First Year Students (2018-2019)
- IQAC Member, BNMIT (2017-2018).
- Member, Anti Ragging Squad, BNMIT (2017-2018).
- Editor for News@Bhageerathi Periodical (2017-2018).
- Editor for Book of Process (2016-2017).
- Deputy Chief Superintendent Appointed as External DCS, RNSIT, 2013, VTU, Belgaum.
- Co-ordinator, TATVA(2015-2016)
- Chief Timetable Coordinator (2013-2014)
- VTU Coordinator (2001-2003)
- Coordinator, NBA training workshop in-charge(2014-2015)
- President of Lions Club, Delegated various duties as the President of Lions Club of Bangalore, B.N.M.I.T. Campus.(2006-2007). Organized Blood Donation Camps, Peace Poster Competitions, coordinated the Workshop on Urban Waste Management and various charity services at local Govt. schools during this tenure
- In charge, for all Institute multimedia 2001-2005
- In charge, Photo Archiving (2001-2012)
Awards and Achievements
- Final year project titled “Computed Tomography Images: 2D to 3D reconstruction and Visualization”. Members: NamrataPratapSimha, VishwasManohar, Sudarshan Suresh M. and Dheeraj D. Bhat, under my guidance was awarded the best project among the final year projects of ISE department 2016
- Awarded a letter of appreciation for scoring more than 90% in the self-appraisal for the academic year 2013-14, on 5th September, 2015.
- Final year project batch under my guidance was selected for KSCST Student Project Programme 2014-15 and participated in KSCST Seminar (38th series) at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Mgt. , Mangalore(20-21st August2015), Title” Computed Tomography Images: 2D to 3D reconstruction and Visualization”. Members: Selvi Revathi, Deepthi S.M., Akila Nayak.
- Received certificate for participating in the RUSI Award Programme for the project “Medical Image Registration & Fusion using Contourlet Transform” by project group. (Aparna BV, Akshatha, Sathyasri Dinthi & Nupur Jain) – GUIDE, held on 2nd May 2015 at KASSIA by Rotary Bangalore Udyog.
- Both the Final year project batches under my guidance were selected for the third edition of JED-I, in which a total of 175 projects were registered from 20 states. Out of this only 66 were shortlisted for the finals. One of the batches with Sukriti Sharma, Apurva V.S and Vidya Meenakshi .K have won the Best Project Award in the computing division for the project “Traffic Density Estimation using SVM Classifier” at IISc which included a cash prize of Rs 75,000/-, 2013.
- Received the Certificate of Commendation from Karnataka State Council for Science & Technology, IISc, 1994-95.
- Received Merit Certificate in recognition of the high position secured in the list of meritorious candidates qualifying for awards from Govt. of Karnataka, National Scholarship Scheme, 1989.
- Convener, for one week FDP Program on Cloud Computing held at BNM Institute of Technology, Bengaluru during 10-16, July 2016.
- Organizing Chair, for The Fifth International conference on signal and image processing held at BNM Institute of Technology, Bengaluru during 8-10, January 2014.
Invited Talks Delivered
- Invited as resource person to delivered lecture as part of Distinguished Webinar Series organized by IEEE-BNMIT Student branch in association with IEEE Nanotechnology Council from 27th May to 3rd June 2020
- Invited as resource person to delivered lecture in the Faculty Development Programme on Digital Age Transformation by PG & Research Dept. of Computer Science, Sri Meenakshi Govt. Arts College on 5th & 6th June 2020
- Invited as resource person to delivered lecture at the Webinar on Campus Placement Preparation for students of Chettinad College of Engineering & Technology on 26th June 2020
- Invited to conduct workshop on Basic & advanced algorithms by ACE Hackers at Wipro digital, Bangalore, September 16th and 23rd 2015.
Chairmanships at National/International Conference/Seminars.
- Chairperson of the Technical session in International conference on Fluid Dynamics and its Applications during 20-22nd, July 2011 at BNM Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- Programming with C
- Data structures using C
- Object Oriented Programming with C++
- Principles of Programming Languages
- Software Engineering
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Database Management Systems
- Analysis and Design of Algorithms
- Cryptography and Network Security/ Information and Network Security
- Unix and Shell Programming
- Unix Systems Programming
- Discrete Mathematical Structures
- C# and .Net
- Advanced Algorithms
- Java & J2EE
- Design Patterns
- Agile Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence
- Basics of MatLab for Image Processing
- Life Member of ISTE (LM 47051)
- Member of CSI
- Life Member of IEI
Participation in FDP/Training courses/Seminars/Workshops
- Virtual Session on Enabling Change conducted by Accenture on 22-12-2020
- Five days’ workshop: “AICTE Incorporating Universal Human Values in Education (An AICTE Initiative)” from 14-12-2020 to 18-12-2020.
- Accenture Training & Placement Officers’ Webinar on 17-09-2020
- Five days’ workshop: AICTE Training And Learning (ATAL) Academy Online FDP on “Block chain” from 7-12- 2020 to 11-12-2020 at Amity University.
- Five days’ workshop: AICTE Training And Learning (ATAL) Academy Online FDP on “Deep Learning Using Convolutional Networks and Sequence Models” from 23-11-2020 to 27-11-2020 at Rao Bahadur Y. Mahabaleswarappa Engineering College.
- Anchor Program – A Networking session with EY leaders and representatives on 14th August 2020
- EY GDS – Connect with EY Campus Team program on 7th August 2020
- Virtual Faculty Development Program – Agile Methodology & Framework by Cognizant on 13th June 2020
- One day workshop: “Training & Placement Officer’s meet” conducted by Infosys on 28th January 2020.
- Three days’ workshop: “Defining Dialogues 2019 – Training & Placement Officers’ Meet” conducted by Cognizant on 7th & 9th June 2019.
- One day workshop: “Training and Placement Officers’ Meet 2019” conducted by Accenture on 30th May 2019
- One day workshop: “Training and Placement Officers’ Meet” conducted by Infosys on 21st May 2019
- One day workshop: “2nd Industry – Academia Forum” conducted by DEM n SMART on 7th March 2019
- Two days workshop: “Infosys Summit “conducted by Infosys on 14th & 15th February 2019.
- One day workshop: “Connect with BNM IT college – Discussion with Ms. Sumati” conducted by Cognizant on 6th December 2018
- One week FDP on “Internet of Everything” at BNMIT , from 31st July – 5th August, 2017
- One week FDP on “Artificial Intelligence and its Application” at BNMIT , from 9th-13th Jan, 2017
- One day seminar on “Teachers as Catalysts for Change”, conducted by Heartfulness Institute at BNMIT , from 21st Jan, 2017
- One week FDP on “Innovative Teaching Methods” at BNMIT , conducted by NITTTR, Govt. of India, Ministry of HRD, from 18th-23rd July, 2016
- One week FDP on “Cloud Computing” at BNMIT from 11th-16th July, 2016
- One week FDP on “Machine Learning” at BNMIT from 18th-23rd January, 2016
- One week FDP on “IT Infrastructure Management Services” at BNMIT from 5th-9th January, 2015
- One day workshop on Awareness Workshop on Outcome Based Education and Accreditation in collaboration with VTU at BMS College of Engineering on 21st July, 2015.
- Two days workshop on Outcome Based Education and Accreditation at BMS College of Engineering, August 2nd to 3rd , 2015
- Three days faculty development program at BNMIT, Bangalore, from July 18th to 20th 2012
- Three days Academic Leadership Program for faculties of engineering colleges under VTU, between 2nd to 4th March, 2012 at PESIT campus, Bangalore
- Completed Continuing Education Course on Intelligent Agents with Overall performance grade of A during August-December 2012 at IISc, Bangalore.
- Two days as delegate in the NAAC sponsored National Seminar on “Outreach- A Catalyst towards Improved Educational Outcomes” on 28th& 29th September 2012, at Chettinad Academy of Research and Education, Chennai, Tamilnadu.
- One day workshop on “Ph.D in Computer Science: A Perspective” held at IISc., Bangalore on July 2, 2010.
- Completed Continuing Education Course on Cryptography and Network Security with Overall performance grade of S (outstanding) during January-May 2006 at IISc, Bangalore
- Attended the NI Educator’s Day held at Leela Palace, Bangalore, on 24th November 2008
- Faculty development program course at Keane International (India) Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore, between June 2nd to 13th
- Three days course on Essentials Of functional Testing with ibm Rational Robot held at RVCE, Bangalore, from 26-06-2006 to 28-06-2006.
- One week course on Instructional Design and Delivery held at BNMIT, Bangalore, from 09-08-2004 to 14-08-2004.
- Two days workshop on Wireless Internet conducted by IWIN at IISc, Bangalore, from 26-04-2002 to 27-04-2002.
- Fifteen days curriculum Development workshop on e-Business at iiitb, Bangalore, from 01-04-2002 to 15-04-2002.
- Course on OOPS and C++ from Tata Infotech Education in April-May, 2001
- Web Designing course from WINTECH Computers in October, 2000.
- Completed Entrepreneurship Development Programme during April-May 1996 at SJCE-STEP, Mysore
Research Experience Details
Medical image security is an important requirement of teleradiology. The work on “Medical Image Security – Search for Generic Solution” involved designing, implementing and validating contourlet based, genetic algorithm optimized medical image watermarking algorithms. This work makes a progressive step in the direction of developing a generic solution for medical image security by providing watermarking algorithms that exploit the multi-resolution characteristics of CT and the adaptive nature of GA. The successful application of the GA-based watermarking algorithms in contourlet domain, developed in this work for watermarking both gray and color medical images of various modalities is likely to enhance research interest for providing generic solutions not only for security in medical image transmission across public network, but also may serve as a viable tool for highly textured multispectral images such as satellite imagery of sensitive information.
|Sl.No.||Name of the student||Ph.D / M.Phil||University||Year of completion||Title of Research Topic|
|1||Harini S||Ph.D.||VTU,Belgaum||Pursuing||Intelligent System for Analysis of Indian Food Grains|
- Received a grant amount of Rs.20 Lakhs from VGST under K-FIST L1 scheme for the project proposal “GPGPU Computing for computationally complex problems” for the duration of two years (2019-2021).
- Soumya Hundekar and Dr. Saritha Chakrasali, “An Evaluation And Comparison Of Svm And Neural Classifier For Breast Cancer Detection Utilizing Contourlet And Discrete Wavelet Transforms”, i-manager’s Journal on Image Processing, Vol. 5, No. 4, October – December 2018.
- Soumya Hundekar and Dr. Saritha Chakrasali, “Detection and classification of breast cancer using support vector machine and artificial neural network using contourlet transform”, ICTACT journal on image and video processing, February 2019, volume: 09, issue: 03, ISSN: 0976-9102 (online).
- Soumya Hundekar and Dr. Saritha Chakrasali, “An Identification of Breast Cancer Disease by Using ANN Using Contourlet Transform”, IJSRD – International Journal for Scientific Research & Development, Vol. 6, Issue 11, 2019 , ISSN (online): 2321-0613
- Soumya Hundekar and Saritha Chakrasali, “An observation and categorization of breast cancer utilizing support vector and artificial neural networks using discrete wavelet transform”, ICTACT Journal on Soft Computing: Special Issue on Artificial intelligenceand deep learning, January 2019, volume 9, isuue 2, ISSN: 2229-6956, DOI:10.21917/ijsc.2019.0257
- Harini S, Dr Saritha Chakrasali, Dr Krishnamurthy G N, “A Survey on Food Grain Identification Techniques”, published in International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (IJIRSET), ISSN(Online): 2319-8753, ISSN (Print): 2347-6710, Volume 7, Issue 6, June 2018, Page No. 6627-6633
- Rajalakshmi K.R., Dr. Saritha Chakrasali, ” Detection of Diabetic Retinopathy using WaveletTransform and SVM Classifier”, published in International Journal for Research in Applied Science and Engineering Technology (IJRASET), Volume 5, Issue V, May 2017, Page No. 666-670
- Roopashree C.S., Dr. Saritha Chakrasali “Image Storage Optimization using Deduplication”, published in International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Research (IJSER), Volume 5 Issue 5, May 2017, Page No. 57 – 58
- Namrata Pratap Simha, Vishwas Manohar, Sudarshan Suresh M., Dheeraj D. Bhat, Dr. Saritha Chakrasali, “Rule based Simple English Sentence Correction by Rearrangement of Words”, published in International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research(IJSER) Volume 7, Issue 6, June 2016 Edition . (ISSN 2229-5518), Page No. 7-9
- Akshata M, Aparna BV, Sathyasri Donthi, Nupur Jain and Saritha Chakrasali, “A Comparative study between Contourlet and Wavelet Transform for Medical Image Registration and Fusion”, published in International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research (IJSER)Volume 6, Issue 6, July2015. (ISSN 2229-5518), Page No. 891- 898.
- Sukriti Sharma, Vidya Meenakshi.K, Apurva VS, Saritha Chakrasali, Shreyas Satish. “Real-time Traffic Congestion Detection Using Combined SVM”, published in International Journal ofScientific and Engineering Research(IJSER) Volume 4, Issue 11, November 2013 Edition. (ISSN 2229-5518), Page No. 207-213.
In National/International Conference Proceedings
- International Conferences Publications
- Manasa G., Prathusha J.S., Supriya Y.N., Dr. Saritha Chakrasali, “Multimodal Biometrics-Feature Level Fusion of Face and Iris Biometrics”, published in International Journal of EngineeringResearch and Technology (IJERT) Special Issue ICIOT – 2016 Conference Proceeding, August 2016 (ISSN: 2278-0181), Page No. 209-214
- Saritha Chakrasali, Murugesan Ramachandran, “A Contourlet Transform-based Versatile Watermarking Algorithm for Medical Images”, published in Proceedings of InternationalConference on VLSI, Communication, Advanced Devices, Signals & Systems and Networking (VCASAN-2013), Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering 258, DOI: 10.1007/978-81-322-1524-0_33, Springer India, Page No.263, 2013.
- Saritha Chakrasali, Sumathi Mahadevan, Raman Bhaskaran, Murugesan Ramachandran, Technical paper titled “Secure Dual Watermarking in the Wavelet Domain for Teleradiology”, published in International Conference on Advances in Information and Communication Technologies (ICICOT07), ISBN 0230634370 Macmillan Publisher, Page No. 312-316, 2007
- National Conference Publication
- Ranjitha H S, Saritha Chakrasali, “Real time Face Recognition System for biometric authentication using PCA”, published in ISRASE eXplore Digital Library, NCETCSE-2016,BGSIT, Bangalore, 29th April 2016.
- Sneha G, Saritha Chakrasali, “Fingerprint watermarking approach using wavelet and alpha blending technique”, published in ISRASE eXplore Digital Library, NCETCSE-2016, BGSIT,Bangalore,29th April 2016
- Akshata M, Aparna BV, Sathyasri Donthi, Nupur Jain, Saritha Chakrasali, ” Medical Image Registration and Fusion using Contourlet Transform”, presented and abstract published in theproceedings of Indian Technology Congress – 2015, July2015, Page 9.
- Shashikala RP, Saritha Chakrasali, Aaquibnawaz,”The novel algorithm of Cluster Formation and Trust computation for MANET’s”, published in the proceedings of 8th National Conference on Recent Trends in Computer Science & Engineering (NCRTCS), Page No. 396, 2013.
- Shashikala RP, Saritha Chakrasali, “Requisite Trust-Based Secure Routing Protocol for MANETs”, published in the proceedings of National Conference on Recent Trends in Communication and Networking, Page No.277, 2013.
- Saritha Chakrasali, Raman Bhaskaran, Murugesan Ramachandran, “Watermarking of ColorEchocardiograms using Dual Watermarking & Adaptive Thresholding”, abstract in 53ndCongress of The Indian Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Page No.102, 2008
- Saritha Chakrasali, Raman Bhaskaran, Murugesan Ramachandran“Wavelet Based Image AdaptiveDual watermarking for Teleradiology”, abstract in 52nd Congress of The Indian Society ofTheoretical and Applied Mechanics, Page No.104, 2007.
- Western music
Any other things