The role of the Department of Training and Placement is to facilitate and counsel students for training and placement related activities. Training and Placement department aims to provide 100% placement assistance to all the registered students.
The department strives to provide adequate training to all the students starting from first year to make them acquire all the skills required for placement.
Students who are not willing to take up a job should submit a letter stating the reason to the Department of Training and Placement before the registration process.
Career Counseling Programs:
- Department has also partnered with M/s. Byju’s & M/s Princeton Review to provide hand holding for career counseling for students.
- For all queries and doubts, students are advised to approach the Department of Training and Placement directly.
General Eligibility Criteria and Instructions for Placement:
- It is mandatory for every student to register for Campus Placement.
- While registering for placement students should enter accurate details including their mail id, mobile number, postal address, alternate number etc.
- Marks entered during placement registration should match with the marks cards issued by the university. If any discrepancies are found during verification then he / she will be debarred from placement activities.
- It is mandatory to mention backlog details at the time of placement registration. Also, it is compulsory for students to update their backlog status or change in marks to their placement coordinators as and when they clear through revaluation / re-examinations.
- The mobile number / email id entered at the time of placement registration should not be changed under any circumstances as those details will be shared to various companies for recruitment activities.
- The students are responsible for the data they provide during registration. In the event of any discrepancies, students will be held responsible and as a consequence may have to face any kind of disqualifications or rejection of offers.
- Students who register for campus placement should compulsorily attend all the training programs recruitment activities conducted by Training & Placement Department.
- It is mandatory to maintain a minimum of 95% attendance during training activities conducted by T&P Dept.
- If there are any absenteeism during the training activities the students may lose interview.
- During the Campus Placement season a series of training programs and assessments are scheduled for the enhancement of employability skills. It is advised for all the students to keep a track of the same and attend all these programs without fail.
- It is advised for all the students to take part in various Hackathon events shared by T&P Dept.
- Based on the conditions laid by most of the companies visiting BNMIT, students should have an aggregate of 6.75 CGPA & above in B.E. & 12th & 10th.
- Preferably student should not have any active backlogs.
- The eligible students have to compulsorily register before they appear for selection process of each company.
- If students register for a drive it is mandatory to appear for the selection process failing which strict actions will be taken against those students.
- As a part of campus selection process the company which visits the college will conduct Pre- Placement Talk / Written Tests, Technical & Personal Interviews according to their schedules.
- Students once placed in a company will have to confirm his / her offer acceptance and adhere to their decisions. If they are not able to join the company for any genuine reasons then they have to submit a letter duly signed by them and their parents. Such students will not be allowed for any further campus recruitment.
- Companies conduct online test as a part of their recruitment process. Mobile phones are strictly prohibited during these online tests.
Documents, Dressing & Etiquettes:
- It is mandatory for all the students who register and participate in recruitment drives to carry the documents mentioned below for every drive they attend:
- College ID Card
- Any one Govt ID Proof & Address Proof (Voter ID, Passport & Aadhar Card, etc.,)
- PAN Card
- Copies of updated resume (4 No’s)
- Latest Passport Size Photographs (5 No’s)
- Photocopies of all your marks cards (10th, 12th / Diploma & B.E. all semesters)
- Photocopies of any skill certifications
- Admit Cards (if issued by the company)
- Should always have all above documents as softcopies saved in a drive/cloud for a quick access in case of any need.
Dressing Etiquette for Campus Recruitment Drive
Boys should wear formals / suit in traditional colors such as navy blue, charcoal gray or black, in solid or stripe patterns. The shirt needs to be a long-sleeve and button-down, preferably in a solid color such as white or a light blue. The tie can have a small print or color; however, its overall appearance should be conservative. Socks need to be a dark solid or a small pattern. Shoes need to be in leather (Black or Brown).
Formal clothing – Suit with White Shirt & Dark Trouser / Salwar Suit with Dupatta in pastel shades ideally solids like light blue, pink, white, grey & purple, etc. Wear low to medium leather, heeled shoes / sandals. Never wear open toe shoes.
Keep hair nice and neat. There is no specific hairstyle recommended, only that your hair should be clean and well groomed. For short haired women, hair should be neatly cut and for long hairs it should be neatly tied up.
Girls need to wear minimum makeup. Boys, need to be clean shaven / with neatly trimmed beard.
- The students must maintain proper discipline and decorum at the time of campus placements. Any indiscipline / unlawful activity may affect the image of the college and career of the concerned students. Strict departmental action will be taken against the students, who will create any such problems.
Tips for interview preparation:
- The students should go through all the study materials issued during the training program and also start preparing well on General & Technical Aptitude, Communication, Coding / Programming, C, C++, Java, Domain Specific Skills.
- Students need to be prepared on psychometric test and group discussions which are conducted by the companies as a part of selection process.
- In case of online recruitment drives, students should have necessary infrastructure like Laptop / Desktop Computers with webcam & better internet connectivity.
- For better preparation, students can visit websites like placementpapers.com, freshersworld.com www.indiabix.com, and many more other websites to search test material and interview tips.
- Students must visit the website of the recruiting company to get useful information about the company, which could be helpful at the time of recruitment drive.
- Most important please share all the news related to recruitment activities with your classmates and roommates this will help them to be aware in case if they have missed any communication by the T&P Dept.
- It is strictly advised not to spread any false rumors about company recruitment drives. Anyone found spreading false rumors and misleading information will be treated with disciplinary action.
- Only the eligible students should sit in the recruitment process. If any student found sitting for the recruitment process of any company for which he/she is not eligible, strict disciplinary actions will be taken.
- Remember all this activity is for your future and your career. Any misbehavior / miscommunication / unlawful activity may ruin your career. So, you are instructed to be well prepared, disciplined and follow professionalism be ethical during all activities.