Dr. N. P. CHANDRASHEKARA
Area of specialization:Fluid Mechanics
Date of Joining BNMIT:24.8.2007
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct):Regular
No. of years of Experience:25
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing|
|BNMIT, Bangalore, Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum||2014|
|Central College, Bangalore University, Bangalore||1997|
|Central College, Bangalore University, Bangalore||1995|
(Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics)
|Dayananda Sagar College, Bangalore University, Bangalore||1993|
Department of Mathematics
|BNMIT, Bangalore, India||2012 – Till date|
|2||Worked as Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||2007 – 2011|
|3||Senior Lecturer in the Department of Mathematics||R. V. College of Engineering, Bangalore, India||2006 – 2007|
|4||Lecturer in the Department of Mathematics||R. V. College of Engineering, Bangalore, India,||1998 – 2006|
|5||Lecturer in the Department of Mathematics||N.M.K.R.V. First Grade College for Women, Jayanagar, Bangalore University, Bangalore||1996 – 1998|
- Member, Editorial Board, International Conference on Fluid Dynamics and its Applications, held at BNM Institute of Technology, Bangalore during 12 – 14, July
- Member, Editorial Board, International Conference on Fluid Dynamics and its Applications, 20 – 22, July 2011, B.N.M. Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- Member, Editorial Board, International Conference on Mathematical Modeling and Nonlinear Equations, 20 – 22, January 2010, N.M. Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- Member, Editorial Board, College Magazine, BNMIT, 2009.
- Member, Editorial Board, Indian Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (ISTAM-2007), 14 – 17, December 2007, B.N.M. Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
University Works / Other Assignments
- Member, Board of Examiners (Mathematics), Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi for the academic year 2016- 2017.
- Worked as External Deputy Superintendent for the conduct UG / MCA / MBA /M.Tech., May –June 2015, VTU examinations at Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering,
- External Deputy Superintendent for the conduct UG / MCA / MBA December 2014, VTU examinations at AMC College of Engineering, Bannerugatta Road, Bangalore.
- Member, Squad for the conduct UG / MCA / MBA June/ July 2008 VTU examinations.
Under Graduate Level:
- Engineering Mathematics – I
- Engineering Mathematics – II
- Engineering Mathematics – III
- Engineering Mathematics – IV
- Discrete Mathematical Structures & Graph Theory
- Linear Algebra.
Post Graduate Level:
- Advanced Mathematics
- Applied Mathematics
- Probability & Statistics.
- Applied Mathematics ( Fluid mechanics)
National & International Journals
- Manjunath and N . P. Chandrashekara, Study of Thermal Convection in Micropolar Fluids Occupying a Rectangular Box, (2012), Mapana J. Sc., 3 (2012), pp. 129-142, ISSN: 0975-3303
National/International Conference Proceedings
- S.Manjunath and N . P. Chandrashekara, Numerical Study of Thermal Convection in Boussinesq – Stokes Suspension Occupying a Rectangular Box, ASME Conf. Proc. 2011, 8th Thermal Engineering Joint Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, T10082-T10082-7 (2011), DOI: 10.1115/ AJTEC2011- 44227. ISBN: 978-0-7918-3892-1
- S.Manjunath and N . P. Chandrashekara, Study of Linear Binary Fluid Convection in Newtonian Fluids Occupying a Rectangular Cavity, Conf. Proc. of International conference on Mathematical Modeling & Applied Soft Computing 2012, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, India, 922 – 933, ISBN: 978-81-923752-1-2
- S.Manjunath and N . P. Chandrashekara, Convection in Newtonian fluids occupying rectangular cavities (2012), Proceedings of National Conference on recent trends in fluid mechanics, Tumkur University, Tumkur, India, May 16, 2012, pp. 25 – 34 , ISBN 978 – 81 -923151 – 5 – 7
Online certification courses
- NPTEL course on Mathematical Methods and Its applications (12 Weeks) during January 2019 – April 2019 (Result: 80% with Elite – Silver certificate)
- NPTEL 12 weeks course on Mathematical Methods and Its applications during January 2019 – April 2019 (Result: 80% with Elite – Silver certificate) NPTEL course Transform Calculus and its applications in Differential Equations (12 Weeks) on the SWAYAM platform (swayam.gov.in), during the Jan-Apr 2020 semester with score 99%.
- Listening Radio for songs and other information