Dr. Deepa H R
Designation : Professor & Head
Area of specialization : Nuclear Physics & Molecular Spectroscopy
Date of Joining BNMIT : 24.08.2003
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org,
No. of years of Experience :Teaching:20 years
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing|
|Ph.D||VTU, Belagavi, India.||2014|
|M.Phil||MKU, Madhurai, India||2009|
|Kuvempu University, Shimoga, India||1998|
|B.Sc||Govt., First Grade College, Hosadurga, India||1996|
Experience: 20 years
|1||Professor & Head, Dept. of Physics||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||July 2019– Till date|
|2||Assoc. Professor, Dept. of Physics||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||April 2014 – July 2019|
|3||Asst. Professor, Dept. of Physics||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||Sep 2010 to Dec 2012|
|4||Sr. Lecturer, Dept. of Physics||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||Jan 2008 to Aug 2010|
|5||Lecturer, Dept. of Physics||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||August 2003 to Jan 2008|
|6||Lecturer, Dept. of Physics||RVCE, Bangalore, India||Mar 2003 to June 2003|
|7||P U College, Bangalore, India||P U College, Bangalore||June 1999 to Mar 2003|
- Chief Superintendent and Deputy Chief Superintendent (Internal / External) of VTU examinations.
- Examiner for the thesis evaluation of M. Phil / Ph.D. degree.
- Organizing chair for Five-Day FDP on New Generation Solar Cells held at BNMIT during October 19-23, 2020
- Member of organizing committee for one-week FDP on Modern Materials and their applications at BNMIT.
- Member of the Anti-ragging Committee, BNMIT (2017-18 and 2018-19)
- NBA coordinator for Criteria-8.
- Worked as Co-Investigator on VTU funded project titled, ‘Effect of silver nanoparticles on photo physical properties of ketocyanine dye series for the year 2012 – 2016.
- Chief Editor for the BNMIT College magazine for the year 2014 -15 and 2015 – 16.
- Modern Physics
- Quantum Mechanics
- dielectric & electrical properties of materials
- Electromagnetic theory and Maxwell’s equations
- Ultrasonics and their applications
- Fundamentals of Nanotechnology
- Lasers and their applications
- Optical fibers and their applications
- Photophysical properties of organic molecules: Fluorescence spectroscopy, Fluorescence quenching studies, Effect of nanoparticles on the photophysical properties of organic molecules.
- Synthesis of metal Nano particles and their characterization.
Research Project completed:
Title: Effect of Silver nanoparticles on photophysical properties of Ketocyanine Dye series
Funding Agency: VTU, Belgaum, Karnataka, INDIA
Amount: 8.9 Lakhs
Duration: 03 years (July 2012 –Dec2016)
- Computational and spectroscopic studies of biologically active coumarin–based fluorophores, Chandrasekhar S., Deepa H.R., Raveendra Melavanki, Thipperudrapp J, Luminescence, 2021; 36: 769–787, https://doi.org/10.1002/bio.4002.
- Quantum chemical and solvatochromic studies of biological active 1,3,4-thiadiazol coumarin derivatives, S. Chandrasekhar, H.R. Deepa ,J. Thipperudrappa, doi.org/10.1016/j.cdc.2020.100516 2405-8300, 2020 Elsevier – Chemical Data Collections
- Spectral Properties of Laser Dyes at varying Temperature,Deepa H R, J. Thipperudrappa, H.M. Suresh Kumar, Canadian Journal of Physics, doi.org/10.1139/cjp-2020-0087
- Effect of temperature on fluorescence quenching and emission characteristics of laser dyes, Deepa H R, J Thipperudrappa, H M Suresh Kumar, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 1473 01204, 2020.
- Modification of spectral behavior of ketocyanine dye by silver nano particles of different sizes, J. Thipperudrappa, U.P.Raghavendra, H.R.Deepa, MahanteshaBasanagouda, International Journal of Nanoscience, Vol. 17, No. 3 (2018) 1850022 (1-10 pages).
- Effect of Solvents, Solvent Mixture and Silver Nanoparticles on Photophysical Properties of a Ketocyanine Dye, J. Thipperudrappa, H.R. Deepa, U.P. Raghavendra, S.M. Hanagodimath and R.M. Melavanki, Luminescence: The Journal of Biological and Chemical Luminescence, 32 (1), Feb. 2017, 51–61.
- Study of Role of Silver Nanoparticles on Spectroscopic Properties of a Ketocyanine Dye. J Thipperudrappa, U P Raghavendra, H R Deepa and M Basanagowda, Mapana J Sci, 15, 1 (2016), 1-16 ISSN 0975-3303|doi:10.12723/mjs.36.1.
- A study on fluorescence quenching of a laser dye by aromatic amines in alcohols, H. R. Deepa, J. Thipperudrappa& H. M. Suresh Kumar, Canadian Journal of Physics, 2015, 93(4): 469-474, 10.1139/cjp-2014-0190.
- Resonance Energy Transfer study of Laser Dyes LD 489 and LD 473 with Rhodamine 6G, H. R. Deepa, J. Thipperudrappa and H. M. Suresh Kumar, Canadian Journal of Physics, 2014, 92(4): 302-306, 10.1139/cjp-2013-0445.
- Influence of silver nanoparticles on photophysical properties of laser dyes, H. R. Deepa, H. M. Suresh Kumar and J. Thipperudrappa, Canadian Journal of Physics, 2014, 92(2): 163-167, 10.1139/cjp-2013-0133.
- Solvatochromic shift studies in LD-425 and LD-423: Estimation of ground and excited state dipole moments, H. R. Deepa, J. Thipperudrappa, R.H. Fattepur and H. M. Suresh Kumar, Journal of Molecular Liquids, May 2013, 181, 82-88. 4
- Effect of Solvents on the Spectroscopic Properties of LD-489 & LD-473: Estimation of Ground and Excited State Dipole Moments by Solvatochromic Shift Method, H. R. Deepa, J. Thipperudrappa and H. M. Suresh Kumar, SpectrochimicaActa Part A: Molecular and Bimolecular spectroscopy, 2013, 108, 288-294.
- Fluorescence quenching studies of 6,7,8,9-tetrahydro- 6,8,9-trimethyl-4 (trifluoromethyl)- 2H pyrano[2,3- b][1,8]naphthyridin-2-one by aromatic amines in alcohols, H. R. Deepa, J. Thipperudrappa& H. M. Suresh Kumar, International Journal of Physics and its Applications, 2012, 4(2), 157-168. IISN 0974-3103.
- A study on fluorescence quenching of LD-425 by aromatic amines in 1,4-dioxane acetonitrile mixtures, H. R. Deepa, J. Thipperudrappa& H. M. Suresh Kumar, Journal of Luminescence, June 2012, 132, 1382-1388.
- Participated and Presenteda paper “Plasmon assisted resonance energy transfer between laser dyes and silver nano particles”, inthe ‘6thInternational conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology’, organized by Department of Physics and Nanotechnology from 1stto 3rdFebruary2021at SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Participated and Presented a paper “Effect of Temerature on Fluorescence Quenching and Emission Characteristics of Laser dyes”, in the International conference on ‘Thermo-Fluids & Energy Systems’, organized by Dept. of Mechanical Engineering from 27th to 28 Decmber 2019 at BNMIT, Banagalore.
- Participated and Presented a paper “Effect of TiO2 Nanoparticles on photophysical properties of Laser dyes”, in International conference on ‘Green Methods for Separation, Purification and Nanomaterial Synthesis’, during 24th – 25th April 2018 at Jain University, Banagalore.
- Participated and Presented a paper “Effect of temperature on fluorescence and fluorescence quenching of laser dye LD-425” in UGC sponsored “National conference on Atomic Physics, Molecular Physics and X-Ray Crystallography” held on 8 th – 10th January 2015 at Vijaya College, Bangalore.
- Participated and Presented a paper “Energy Transfer Studies Between A Laser Dye And Aromatic Amines in Alcohols” in DAE-BRNS 12th Biennial Trombay Symposium on Radiation & Photochemistry (TSRP-2014) held during 6 – 9 th January 2014 at BARC, Mumbai.
- Participated and Presented a paper “Effect of Silver Nanoparticles on Photophysical Properties of Laser Dyes” in National Conference on Luminescence and its Applications (NCLA 2013) held during 8 th – 10th January 2013 at PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- Participated and Presented a paper “Study of Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer Between Laser Dyes and Rhodamine 6G” in National Conference on Luminescence and its Applications (NCLA 2013) held during 8 th – 10th January 2013 at Department of Physics, PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- Participated and Presented a paper “A Study on Fluorescence Quenching of 1,2,3,8-tetrahydro1,2,3,3,8-pentamethyl-5-(trifluoromethyl)-7H-pyrrolo[3,2-glquinolin-7-one (LD-473) by Aromatic Amines in Polar Solvents” in 23rd International Conference on Raman Spectroscopy (ICORS) held during 12th – 17th August 2012 at Department of Organic Chemistry, IISc, Bangalore.
- Participated and Presented a paper “Solvent Effects on the Spectroscopic Properties of Laser “Dyes LD-425 and LD-489: Estimation of Ground and Excited State Dipole Moments” in DAEBRNS 11th Biennial Trombay Symposium on Radiation & Photochemistry (TSRP-2012) held during 4 th – 7 th January 2012 at BARC, Mumbai.
- Participated and Presented a paper “Solvents Effect on the Photo-physical Properties of Laser Dyes LD-473 and LD-423: Estimation of Ground and Excited State Dipole Moments” in National Conference on Recent Advances in Material Science held during 12th – 14th December 2011 at Department of Physics, MSRIT, Bangalore.
- Participated and Presented a paper “Fluorescence Quenching of LD-425 by Series of Aromatic Amines In 1,4 Dioxane – Acetonitrile Mixtures” in 2 nd DAE-BRNS Symposium on Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics held on 22nd – 25 th February 2011 at Department of Physics, Karnataka University, Dharwad.
- Participated and Presented a paper “Estimation of excited state dipole moment of 2-chloro-3- formlyquinoline by solvatochromic method” in National Conference On Recent Trends In Chemical Research (NCRTCR 2010) held during 8 th – 10th March 2010 at Department of Chemistry, NITK Suratkal, Karnataka.
- Reading and listening to music