Designation :Assistant Professor
Area of specialization :Solid State Physics,
Computational Physics, Molecular Spectroscopy & Nanoscience
Date of Joining BNMIT:23.07.2012
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct):Regular
No. of years of Experience:
Teaching: 12 years
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing|
|Ph.D||VTU, Belagavi, India.||Pursuing|
|M.Tech||University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad||2009|
|M.Sc||University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad||2006|
|B.Sc.Ed||Regional Institute of Education, University of Mysore, Mysore||2003|
Experience: 9 years
|1||Asst. Professor, Dept. of Physics||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||July 2012– Till date|
|2||Lecturer, Dept. of Physics||Shirdi Sai Engg. College, Bangalore, India||Aug 2010 – April 2012|
- Assistant Test Co-ordinator, BNMIT for the academic year 2022- 23
- Sci-Tech Newsletter, Editorial Member, BNMIT, for the Academicyear 2022-23
- Member of BOS, Department of Physics, BNMIT for the Academic year 2021-22, 2022-23.
- Member of BOE, Department of Physics, BNMIT for the Academic year 2021-22, 2022-23.
- Member of organizing committee for Five-Day FDP on New Generation Solar Cells held at BNMIT during October 19-23, 2020.
- Member of organizing committee for Five-Day FDP on Modern Materials and their applications held at BNMIT during January 16-20, 2018.
- Modern Physics
- Quantum Mechanics
- dielectric & electrical properties of materials
- Electromagnetic theory and Maxwell’s equations
- Ultrasonics and their applications
- Fundamentals of Nanotechnology
- Lasers and their applications
- Optical fibers and their applications
- Molecular spectroscopy, Fluorescence quenching studies of nanoparticles on the photophysical properties of organic molecules.
- Computational and DFT studies of organic molecules.
- Theoretical and photophysical investigation of biologically active fluorophore: 2- amino-6-chlorofluoren-9-one, N. Sunil Kumar, K.N.N. Prasad, S. Chandrasekhar, J. Thipperudrappa, Journal of the Indian Chemical Society, 99(11) 100767 (2022) [Publisher – Elsevier].
- Facile green synthesis of samarium sesquioxide nanoparticle as a quencher for biologically active imidazole analogues: Computational and experimental insights, K. Veena , S. Chandrasekhar, M.S. Raghu, K. Yogesh Kumar, C.B. Pradeep Kumar, Abdullah M Alswieleh, V.S. Anusuya Devi , M.K. Prashanth, Byong-Hun Jeon, Journal of Molecular Structure, 1284, 133235, May 2022
- Investigation of FRET from Organic dyes to silver nanoparticles and structural properties using the DFT/TD – DFT approach, HR Deepa, S. Chandrasekhar, J. Thipperudappa, Chemical Physics Impact 4, 100075, May 2022. d. Click synthesis of 1,2,3 triazole based imidazoles: antitubercular evaluation, molecular docking and HSA binding studie, C. B. Pradeep Kumar, B.S.Prathibha, K.N.N. Prasad, M. S. Raghu, M. K. Prashanth, B. K. Jayanna, Fahad A. Alharthi, S. Chandrasekhar, H.D.Revanasiddappa and K. Yogesh Kumar, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 127810 (2021) [Publisher
- Investigation of biological activity of 2,3-disubstituted quinazolin-4(1H)-ones against Mycobacterium tuberculosis and DNA via docking, spectroscopy and DFT studies C. B. Pradeep Kumar, M. S. Raghu, K.N.N. Prasad, S. Chandrasekhar, B. K.
Jayanna, Fahad A. Alharthi, M. K. Prashanth and K. Yogesh Kumar, New Journal of Chemistry 45(1) 403-414 (2021) [Publisher – Royal Society of Chemistry]. f. MoS 2 -Calixarene catalyzed synthesis and molecular docking study of 2,4,5- trisubstituted imidazoles as potent inhibitors of Mycobacterium tuberculosis”, M.S. Raghu, C.B. Pradeep Kumar, KNN Prasad, M. K. Prashanth, Yogesh K. K., S.Chandrasekhar & B. Veeresh; ACS Combinatorial Science, (2020).
- Sulfuric acid-mediated synthesis of 2,5-disubstituted 1,3,4-thiadiazole via intramolecular cyclization reaction from dithioesters: An approach to crystal structure prediction, DFT studies and Hirshfeld surface analysis, Kemparajegowda, Hassan A. Swarup, S. Chandrasekhar, B.K. Jayanna, Karthik Kumara, N.K. Lokanath, Sridhar B. Thimmaiah, Kempegowda Mantelingu, Journal of Molecular Structure,1251, 131970, 2022.
- Computational and spectroscopic studies of biologically active coumarin-based fluorophores,Chandrasekhar S, Deepa H R, RaveendraMelavanki , Mahanthesh M Basanagouda, Santosh Mogurampelly, Thipperudrappa J Luminescence: The Journal of Biological and Chemical Luminescence, Volume 36, Issue3, May 2021, Pages 769-787.
- Quantum chemical and solvatochromic studies of biological active 1,3,4-thiadiazol coumarin derivatives, S. Chandrasekhar, H.R. Deepa , J. Thipperudrappa, doi.org/10.1016/j.cdc.2020.100516 2405-8300, 2020 Elsevier – Chemical Data Collections
- “Interaction of colloidal TiO2 nanoparticles with biologically active coumarin derivatives”, International Conference on & Advanced Materials Science and Applications” (ICAMSA-2020) organized by Department of Physics, MSRIT,
Bangalore, Karnataka, India during 03rd and 04th September, 2020.
- “Interaction of colloidal TiO2 nanoparticles with organic fluorophores”, International Conference on “Innovative Research in Engineering, Management & Sciences” organized by New Horizon College of Engineering, Bangalore during 19th – 21st
- “Photophysical characteristics, FT- IR and DFT studies of biologically active coumarin 4-(5-Amino-[1,3,4]thiadiazol-2 ylsulfanylmethyl)-7-methoxychromen-2- one (C4)”, National Conference on Science, Engineering and Management (NCSEM– 2K18) organized by The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore during 24th and25 th May 2018.
- Participated and presented a paper “Interaction of colloidal TiO2 nanoparticles with biologically active coumarin derivatives“, in the internation conference “International Conference on Advanced Material Science and Applications (ICAMSA-2020)” held during 3 – 4 September 2020.
- Reading science articles and research papers