Designation :Assistant Professor
Area of specialization :Solid State Physics,
Computational Physics, Molecular Spectroscopy & Nanoscience
Date of Joining BNMIT:23.07.2012
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct):Regular
No. of years of Experience:
Teaching: 09 years
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing|
|Ph.D||VTU, Belagavi, India.||Pursuing|
|M.Tech||University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad||2009|
|M.Sc||University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad||2006|
|B.Sc.Ed||Regional Institute of Education, University of Mysore, Mysore||2003|
Experience: 9 years
|1||Asst. Professor, Dept. of Physics||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||July 2012– Till date|
|2||Lecturer, Dept. of Physics||Shirdi Sai Engg. College, Bangalore, India||Aug 2010 – April 2012|
- Member of organizing committee for Five-Day FDP on New Generation Solar Cells held at BNMIT during October 19-23, 2020.
- Member of organizing committee for Five-Day FDP on Modern Materials and their applications held at BNMIT during January 16-20, 2018.
- Modern Physics
- Quantum Mechanics
- dielectric & electrical properties of materials
- Electromagnetic theory and Maxwell’s equations
- Ultrasonics and their applications
- Fundamentals of Nanotechnology
- Lasers and their applications
- Optical fibers and their applications
- Molecular spectroscopy, Fluorescence quenching studies of nanoparticles on the photophysical properties of organic molecules.
- Computational and DFT studies of organic molecules.
- Sulfuric acid-mediated synthesis of 2,5-disubstituted 1,3,4-thiadiazole via intramolecular cyclization reaction from dithioesters: An approach to crystal structure prediction, DFT studies and Hirshfeld surface analysis, Kemparajegowda, Hassan A. Swarup, S. Chandrasekhar, B.K. Jayanna, Karthik Kumara, N.K. Lokanath, Sridhar B. Thimmaiah, Kempegowda Mantelingu, Journal of Molecular Structure,1251, 131970, 2022.
- Computational and spectroscopic studies of biologically active coumarin-based fluorophores,Chandrasekhar S, Deepa H R, RaveendraMelavanki , Mahanthesh M Basanagouda, Santosh Mogurampelly, Thipperudrappa J Luminescence: The Journal of Biological and Chemical Luminescence, Volume 36, Issue3, May 2021, Pages 769-787.
- Quantum chemical and solvatochromic studies of biological active 1,3,4-thiadiazol coumarin derivatives, S. Chandrasekhar, H.R. Deepa , J. Thipperudrappa, doi.org/10.1016/j.cdc.2020.100516 2405-8300, 2020 Elsevier – Chemical Data Collections
- Participated and presented a paper “Interaction of colloidal TiO2 nanoparticles with biologically active coumarin derivatives“, in the internation conference “International Conference on Advanced Material Science and Applications (ICAMSA-2020)” held during 3 – 4 September 2020.
- Reading science articles and research papers