Designation : Associate Professor
Area of specialization : Physical Chemistry Material Science
Date of Joining BNMIT : 24-08-2005
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : email@example.com
No. of years of Experience : 22
Department : Chemistry
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing||% of marks obtained|
Department of Chemistry, Kalasalingam University, India
Department of Chemistry, Bangalore University, India
Kalpataru Science College, Tiptur.
Experience: 22 years
|1||Associate Professor Department of Chemistry||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||2014 – Till date|
|2||Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||2005 – 2014|
Department of Chemistry
|DBIT, Bangalore, India||2002-2005|
Department of Chemistry
|RVCE, Bangalore, India||2001-2002|
Department of Chemistry
|SJRCW, Bangalore, India||2000-2001|
- Green Audit Coordinator, BNMIT.
- ISO Internal Auditor.
- Editorfor the College magazine “JNANA BHAGEERATHI” (2013-2014).
- Engineering Chemistry Theory / Practical (VTU)
- Environmental Studies (VTU)
- Inorganic/Organic/Physical Chemistry and Practical’s (UG of Bangalore university)
- Material science
- Fuel cells
- C.B. Pradeep Kumar, M.S. Raghu, B.S. Prathibha , M.K. Prashanth , , G. Kanthimathi , K. Yogesh Kumar, L. Parashuram, Fahad A. Alharthi “Discovery of a novel series of substituted quinolines acting as anticancer agents and selective EGFR blocker: Molecular docking study” Bioinorganic and Medicinal Chemistry lettr. 44(2021) 128118.
- M.K. Prashanth, C.B. Pradeep Kumar, B.S. Prathibha, M.S. Raghu, K. Yogesh Kumar. Discovery of a novel series of substituted quinolines acting as anticancer agents and selective EGFR blocker: Molecular docking and DFT study. Journal of Molecular Liquids. 329 (2021) 115587.
- C.B. Pradeep Kumar, B.S. Prathibha, K.N.N. Prasad, M.S. Raghu, S. M.K. Prashanth, B.K. Jayanna, H.D. Revanasiddappa, S. Chandrasekhar, K. Yogesh Kumar. Click synthesis of 1,2,3-triazole based imidazoles: Antitubercular evaluation, molecular docking and HSA binding studies. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 36 (2021) 127810
- J.P. SHUBHA, B.S. PRATHIBHA and N. JAYALAKSHMI , “Curd Mediated Facile Synthesis of ZnO/Ag/NiO Heterostructures and Visible Light Assisted Photodegradation of Methylene Blue” Asian Journal Of Chemistry, 2020, Vol.32, No. 12, pp: 3203-3208,
- SucharitaMohanty, Gowreesh S Subramanya,Prathibha B S, “A review on biomass gasification for fuel cells” International Transaction journal of Management, & Applied Sciences & Technologies, 2020, Vol. 11, No. 9. http://doi.org/10.14456/ITJEMAST.2020.171
- Krushitha Shetty, B.S. Prathibha, Dinesh Rangappa, K.S. Anantharaju, H.P. Nagaswarupa h. nagabhushana, Vinay Gururaj, “Study of Green and Chemical Methods for Synthesis of Nano Spinel MgFe2O4 and its Study on Degradation of Rose Bengal Dye” Asian Journal of Chemistry; Vol. 32, No. 3 (2020), 501-507 https://doi.org/10.14233/ajchem.2020.22357
- Krushitha Shetty, B.S. Prathibha, Dinesh Rangappa, K.S. Anantharaju, H.P. Nagaswarupa h. nagabhushana, S.C. Prashantha, “Fabrication of MgFe2O4-ZnO Nanocomposites for Photocatalysis of Organic Pollutants under Solar Light Radiation” Asian journal of chemistry, Vol. 31, No. 12, 2019, pp. 2995-3003. ISSN: 0970-7077 [impact factor 0.31] https://doi.org/10.14233/ajchem.2019.22368
- K Shanmuga Priya Prathibha B.S. , Vasudha, P. Nagaswarupa. “Spathodea Campanulata as a Corrosion Inhibitor for Mild Steel in 1N H2SO4Media,” Materials Today: Proceedings , Vol. 5, Issue 10, 2018, pp. 22595-22604. ISSN : 2214-7853.
- Prathibha B.S., Sagarika, saba, Lubna, Mahesh Kumar, “ Impact of Urbanization on the Physicochemical Parameters of an Urban Water Body of Bellandur Lake in Bangalore City, Karnataka, India,”IOSR JAC , Vol. 11, Issue 7, ver. 1, 2018, pp.43-47. ISSN: 2278-5736 DOI: 10.9790/5736-1107014347.
- Prathibha B.S., and K Shanmuga Priya, “Green synthesis of silver Nanoparticles using Tabebuia Aurea leaf extract,” IOSR JAC, Vol. 10, Issue 6, ver. 1, 2017, pp.23-29. ISSN: 2278-5736 DOI: 10.9790/5736-1006012329 Impact Factor(3.149)
- Prathibha B.S., H.P. Nagaswarupa , P. Kotteeswaran and V. Bheema Raju,“Inhibiting effect of Quaternary ammonium compound on the corrosion of mild steel in 1M Hydrochloric acid solution, its adsorption and kinetic characteristics” Materials Today: Proceedings Vol. 4, 2017 pp. 12245–12254, ISSN : 2214-7853 [0.93]
- Krushitha Shetty, Prathibha B.S., Dinesh Rangappa, K.S. Anantharaju, H.P. Nagaswarupa h. nagabhushana, S.C. Prashantha, “ Role of MgFe2O4and Ag doped MgFe2O4 nanoparticles for enhanced photocataltic performance: Synthesis and Characterization” Materials Today: Proceedings Vol.4, 2017, pp. 11764–11772, ISSN : 2214-7853 [0.93]
- Prathibha B.S., P. Kotteeswaran and V. Bheema Raju, “Study on the Corrosion Inhibition of Mild Steel in 0.5 M H2SO4 Solution by N,N,N-Tributyl-1-butanamaniuiodide” Knowledge of research, Vol.1(1), 2014, pp. 54-61. ISSN: 2394-4234 DOI:10.7598/kor2014.116
- Prathibha B.S., P. Kotteeswaran and V. Bheema Raju, “Inhibiting effect of N,N,N-Trimethyldodecylammonium bromide on Corrosion of mild Steel in 0.5M Sulphuric acid solution, its Adsorption and Kinetic Characteristics” Research Journal of Material sciences, Vol.2 No. 5, 2014, pp. 1-10. ISSN: 2320-6055
- Prathibha B.S., P. Kotteeswaran and V. Bheema Raju,“Study on the inhibition of Mild steel corrosion by Cationic surfactant in H2SO4 Medium,” Research Journal of Recent sciences, Vol.2 No. 4, 2013, pp. 1-10. ISSN: 2277-2502
- Prathibha B.S., P. Kotteeswaran and V. Bheema Raju, “ Inhibition of Sulphuric Acid Corrosion of Mild Steel by Surfactant and Its Adsorption and Kinetic Characteristics” IOSRJAC, Vol.5, No. 1, 2013, pp. 1-10. ISSN: 2278-5736
- Prathibha B.S., P. Kotteeswaran and V. Bheema Raju, “ Study on the inhibition of Mild steel corrosion by N, N- dimethyl-N-(2-phenoxyethyl) dodecan-1-aminiumbromide in HCl Medium,”IOSR Journal of Applied chemistry (IOSRJAC), Vol. 2, No. 5, 2012, pp. 61-70. ISSN: 2278-5736
- Prathibha B.S., P. Kotteeswaran and V. Bheema Raju, “Study on the inhibition of mild steel corrosion by cationic surfactant in HCl medium,” IOSR Journal of Applied chemistry (IOSRJAC), Vol. 2, No. 1, 2012, pp. 45-53. ISSN: 2278-5736
- Prathibha B.S., P. Kotteeswaran, V. Bheema Raju , “Inhibition of mild steel corrosion in 1M HCl solution by 1-Propanaminium N,N,N- Tributyl bromide,” Asian journal of chemistry, Vol. 24, No. 4, 2012, pp. 2202-2206. ISSN: 0970-7077
- Prathibha B.S., P. Kotteeswaran, V. Bheema Raju, “ Effect of N,N,N- Tributyl-1-butanamaniuiodide on the corrosion inhibition of mild steel in acidic medium,” Jordan Journal of Chemistry, Vol.7, No. 1, 2012, pp. 41-54. ISSN: 1814-9111
- Prathibha B.S., P. Kotteeswaran, V. Bheema Raju, “N,N,N-Tributyl-1-butanaminium tribromide as corrosion inhibitor for mild steel in hydrochloric acid solution,” Journal of the Electrochemic Soc. India, Vol. 60 1/2, 2011, pp. 40-44. ISSN: 0013-466x
- Prathibha B.S., P. Kotteeswaran, V. Bheema Raju, “Quaternary ammonium salt- A new corrosion inhibitor for mild steel in acidic medium” – Journal of the electrochemical society of India, Vol.59, No. 4, 2010, pp. 123-129. ISSN: 0013-466x
Invited Talks Delivered
National Education Policy-2020, Synergy Institute of Engineering and Technology, Dhenkanal, Odisha on 26/4/2021.
“Surfactants as corrosion inhibitor for Mild steel in acidic medium”, at Regent’s International College, Bangkok, Thailand, in the international conference (ICASE 2017) on 20th Jan 2017.
- Title of the Book “Quaternary ammonium compounds as corrosion inhibitors” Scholar’s Press Publishers ISBN : 978-3-659-83973-3.
- Community Service
- Travelling and Reading