Dr. Jayanna B K
Designation : Professor and Head
Area of specialization : Inorganic Chemistry
Date of Joining BNMIT : 07-02-2007
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : email@example.com
No. of years of Experience : 22
Department : Chemistry
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing||% of marks obtained|
|Ph.D||Manasagangothri, University of Mysore||2006||Awarded|
Manasagangothri, University of Mysore,
|B. Sc. (PCM)||Government Science college, Hassan, University of Mysore||1995||64.4|
Experience: 22 Years
|1||Professor & HoD, Dept. of Chemistry||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||01/08/2010 – Till date|
|2||Asst. Professor & HOD, Dept. of Chemistry||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||01/01/2008 – 31/07/ 2010|
|3||Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Chemistry||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||07/02/2007-31/12/2007|
|4||Lecturer, Dept. of Chemistry||Coorg Institute of Technology, Ponnampet, South Coorg, India||17/09/1999 – 30/11/2006|
|5||Lecturer, Dept. of Chemistry||Bahubali College of Engineering, Shravanabelagola, India||05/09/1998 – 05/ 09/1999|
- Editor of BNMIT Chronicle Magazine from 2017- 2019
- MR of ISO 9001:2008 from August 2015 to August 2017
- Engineering Chemistry
- Engineering Chemistry Lab
- Environmental science (VTU)
- Analytical chemistry and photodegradation of Dyes.
- 2 lakhs from VTU, Belagavi (26-06-2012 To 26/6/2015).
- Comparison of the photocatalytic, adsorption and electrochemical methods for the removal of cationic dyes from aqueous solutions, M.S. Anantha, Sharon Olivera, Chunyan Hu, B.K. Jayanna, Narendra Reddy, Krishna Venkatesh, H.B. Muralidhara, Ravi Naidu, Environmental Technology & Innovation, 17, 100612, 2020
- Electroactive Li incorporated cobalt oxide nanostructures for photocatalytic applications, R Ranjitha, Aarti S Bhatt, C R Ravikumar, M S Santosh, B K Jayanna, H P Nagaswarupa, K Sakai and HMadhyastha, Mater. Res. Express, 6, 1150d6, 2019.
- Efficient Synthesis of RuO2 Nanoparticle with excellent activity for one-pot Synthesis of 2,3-disubstituted quinazolin-4(1H)-ones, M. S. Raghu, K. N. N. Prasad, B. K. Jayanna, C. B. Pradeep Kumar, K. Yogesh Kumar, and M. K. Prashanth, Vietnam J. Chem., 57(5), 585-594, 2019.
- Optimization and validation of the spectrophotometric methods for the assay of dexmedetomidine hydrochloride in pure and dosage forms, Roopa P., Basavaiah K., Jayanna B. K., Journal of Applied Spectroscopy, 84(4), 670-678, 2019.
- Synthesis, characterization and biological evaluation of novel 3-(4-chlorophenyl)-2(Substituted)quinazolin-4(3H)-one derivatives as multi-target anti-inflammatory agents, Raghu, K Yogesh Kumar M. S., Pradeep Kumar C. B., Prashanth M. K., Jayanna B. K., Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, 56, 2046-2051, 2019.
- Versatile Graphene Oxide decorated by star shaped Zinc Oxide nanocomposites with superior adsorption capacity and antimicrobial activity, S. Archana, K. Yogesh Kumar, B. K. Jayanna, S. Olivera, A. Anand, M. K. Prashanth and H. B. Muralidhara, Journal of Science: Advanced Materials and Devices, 3(2), 167- 174, 2018. DOI: 10.1016/j.jsamd.2018.02.002.
- An Experimental Design approach for Optimization of Spectrophotometric Methods for the Estimation of Mirabegron Using Analytical reagents in bulk and Pharmaceutical formulations, K. P. Roopa, B. K. Jayanna, C. Aashish Roy and P. Nagaraja, Anal. Chem., 73(9), 884-893, 2018. DOI: 10.1134/S1061934818090095.
- Second Derivative Spectrophotometric Determination of Iron(II) and Ruthenium(III) Using 1, 10-phenanthroline, M. Veerabhadraswamy, T. D. Devaraj , B. K. Jayanna. Analytical Chemistry Letters, 8(6), 757-768, 2018.
- Open ended tube like hollow bio-carbon derived from banana fibre for removal of anionic and cationic dyes, Sharon Oliveraa , Krishna Venkatesha , Mysore Sridhar Santosha, Denis Leybo, Denis Kuznetsov, Bidarur K Jayanna, Inamuddin*, Abdullah M. Asirid, Khalid Ahmed Alamry, Handanahally Basavarajaiah Muralidhara, Desalination and Water Treatment, 132, 297-306, 2018.
- Oxygen enriched network-type carbon spheres for multipurpose water purification applications, Sharon Olivera, Krishna Venkatesh, Narendra Reddy, Bidarur K. Jayanna, Inamuddin, Abdullah M. Asiri, Sami Rtimi, Handanahally, Basavarajaiah Muralidhara. Environmental Technology & Innovation, 12, 160-171, 2018.
- Chemical Oxidation of Phenylephrine by Using Chloramine-T in Acid Media: A Kinetic and Mechanistic Study., M. S. Veena, M. K. Prashanth, B. K. Jayanna, K. Yogesh Kumar, Y. Arthoba Nayaka and H. B. Muralidhara, IJPSR, 8(3), 1449-1458, 2017.
- Synthesis, Characterization, and Evaluation of Difluoropyrido[4,3-b]indoles as Potential Agents for Acetylcholinesterase and Antiamnesic Activity, M. Madaiah, B. K. Jayanna, A. S. Manu, M. K. Prashanth, H. D. Revanasiddappa and B. Veeresh, Arch. Pharm. Chem. Life Sci., 350, e1600303, 2017. DOI: 10.1002/ardp.201600303.
- Spectrophotometric determination of some cephalosprins in bulk and in pharmaceutical formulations, P. Roopa and B. K. Jayanna, Analytical Chemistry Letters, 6(2), 143-52, 2016.
- Synthesis and Anticonvulsant Activity of N-(Substituted)-1-methyl-2,4-dioxo-1,2-dihydroquinazoline-3(4H)- carboxamides, Hemavathi N. Deepakumari1, Bidarur K. Jayanna2, Maralekere K. Prashanth2,Hosakere D. Revanasiddappa, and B. Veeresh, Pharm. Chem. Life Sci., 349, 566–571, 2016.
- Development of Multipurpose CuO–GO Nanocomposites for Heavy Metals Adsorption and Super Capacitor Applications, S. Archana, K. Yogesh Kumar, S. Olivera, B. K. Jayanna, H. B. Muralidhara, A. Ananda and C. C. Vidyasagar, Energy and Environment Focus, 5, 1-11, 2016.
- Spectrophotometric Determination of Dobutamine Hydrochloride in Pharmaceutical Formulations, P. Roopa, B. K. Jayanna and P. Nagaraja, Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res., 32(1), 55-60, 2015.
- Sensitive and Validated Spectrophotometric Methods for the Determination of Phenylephrinehydrochloride and Pyridoxine Hydrochloride in Pharmaceuticalsusing Ce (IV) Ammonium Sulphate and N-Bromosuccinimide Based on Redox Reaction, K. P. Roopa, B. K. Jayanna and P. Nagaraja, International Journal of Biological & Pharmaceutical Research, 6(1), 56-62, 2015.
- Spectroscopic Method for the Determination of Drugs Containing Phenol Group by Using 2, 4- Dinitro Phenylhydrazine, P. Roopa, B. K. Jayanna and P. Nagaraja, American Journal of Pharma Tech. Research, 5(1), 531-542, 2015.
- Spectrophotometric method for the determination of cefepime, cefazolin sodium and cefalothin sodium in pure and pharmaceutical dosage forms by using Ninhydrin, P. Roopa, B. K. Jayanna and P. Nagaraja, Int. J. Pharm. Pharm. Sci., 7(5), 194 – 199, 2015.
- Redox reaction based spectrophotometric assay of some drugs in pharmaceuticals, K. P. Roopa, B. K. Jayanna, P. Nagaraja and H. R. Arunkumar, J. Pharm. Pharm. Sci., 7(8), 151-156, 2015.
- A Facile Spectrophotometric method for the determination of Vitamin C, B. K. Jayanna, Nagendrappa and N. Gowda, Fire Journal of Medical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 1(1), 9-18, 2014.
- A Facile Spectrophotometric method for the determination of Donepezilhydrochloride in tablet formulation using potassium permanganate, K. Jayanna, G. Nagendrappa, Arunkumar and N. Gowda, Asian J.Phar.Biol Res., 2(4), 216-218, 2012.
- Spectrophotometric estimation of donepezil hydrochloride in tablets, K. Jayanna, G. Nagendrappa, Arunkumar and Ninge Gowda, JPBMS, 1(09). 2010.
- A Facile Spectrophotometric method for the determination of Cobalt(II) using Iodine monochloride reagent, B. K. Jayanna, G. Nagendrappa, and N. Gowda, E-Journal of chemistry, 7(4), 1426-1434, 2010.
- Spectrophotometric Estimation of Aripiprazole in Tablets, K. Jayanna, T. D. Devaraj, G. Nagendrappa and N. Gowda, Indian J. Pharm. Sci., 78(5), 696-698, 2016.
- Spectrophotometric Estimation of Lamotrigine in Tablets, K. Jayanna, T. D. Devaraj, K. P. Roopa, G. Nagendrappa and N. Gowda, Indian J. Pharm. Sci., 78(5), 657-662, 2016.
- Spectrophotometric Estimation of Risperidone in Tablets, K. Jayanna, T. D. Devaraj, K. P. Roopa, G. Nagendrappa, H. R. Arun Kumar and N. Gowda, Indian J Pharm Sci., 76(5), 452-455, 2014.
- A facile spectrophotometric method for the determination of carbamazepine in tablets. Indian Journal of Jayanna B.K., Devaraj T. D., Ninge Gowda, 2(2),132-135, 2014.
- A facile Spectrophotometric method for the determination of As(III) using Iodine monochloride reagent, K. Jayanna, G. Nagendrappa and Ninge Gowda, Journal of Science & Technology, 2(1), 29-35, 2013.
- A Facile Spectrophotometric method for the determination of donepezil hydrochloride in tablets formulation using potassium permanganate in National Conference on Recent trends in Chemical Research during February 8-10, 2010, held at National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, Mangalore.
- Spectrophotometric estimation of Risperidone in tablets in National conference on Recent Advances in Chemical Biology- an Overview, during March 15-16, 2013 held at Govt. Science College, Hassan.
- A Facile Spectrophotometric method for the Determination of Lansoprazole in Tablets in National conference on applied science and humanities (NCASH-15) organized by KS School of Engineering and Management, Bengaluru on May 5, 2015
- Jayanna B. K., Mahesh B., Roopashree B., Suba Ramesh, Engineering Chemistry, Star Tech Education Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru (2010
- Reviewed Engineering Chemistry, Skyward Publishers, Bengaluru (2017)
- Book Chapter: 3D Printing Technology for Environmental Applications In 3D Printing Technology and Its Diverse Applications Published by Apple Academic Press, USA