This post was last updated on October 29th, 2022
Dr. Shamala T
Designation : Assistant Professor
Area of specialization : Organic Chemistry
Date of Joining BNMIT :28-08-2020
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : email@example.com
No. of years of Experience : 11
Department : Chemistry
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing||% of marks obtained|
Jnana Sangama, Visvesvaraya Technological University
|M.Sc.||Jnana Sahyadri, Kuvempu University.||Jul-2010||73.45(FC)|
|B.Sc.||AVK College for Women,Kuvempu University||Jul-2008||83%(FCD)|
Experience: 11 years
|1||Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||28-08-2020 – till date|
|2||Assistant Professor||Jain Institute of Technology||01-8- 2013 – 30-11-2019|
|3||Lecturer||Jain Institute of Technology||29-8-2011 – 31-7-2013|
|4||Lecturer||East Point College of Engineering & Technology||2-2-2011 – 9-8-2011|
- Examination Coordinator, Dept. of Chemistry, BNMIT .
- UGC Coordinator, Dept.of Chemistry, BNMIT.
- Contineo Coordinator, Dept. of Chemistry, BNMIT.
- Website Coordinator, Dept. of Chemistry, BNMIT.
- BOE Member, Dept. of Chemistry, BNMIT.
(”contineo coordinator, dept. of chemistry, bnmit” year (2021 ))
- Engineering Chemistry
- Engineering Chemistry Lab
- Environmental science (VTU)
- Medicinal Chemistry
- B.S Surendra, M. Mahadevaswamy, Shamala T, Srilatha Rao, A.S Soumyashree, C. Mallikarjunaswamy, S. Pramila. Development of Enhanced Electrochemical Sensor and Antimicrobial studies of ZnO NPs synthesized using green plant extract. Sensors International-100176. (2022)
- Shamala T, Surendra B.S, M.V Chethana, Girish bolakatti, S Shanmukhappa. Extraction and isolation of Isoflavonoids from stem bark of Bauhinia purpurea (L): Its biological antipsychotic and analgesic activities. Smart Materials in Medicine 3 (2022) 179–187.
- Shamala.T, Shanmukhappa.S, A.M.Krupanidhi and B.E.Basavarajappa. Study on Muscle relaxing Potential of Ethanolic Extract of Stem Bark of Bauhinia purpurea (L) Plant in Albino mice. IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences(IOSR-JPBS), Vol 12, Issue 5, Ver.III (Sep-Oct.2017), pp 01-04 (DOI:10.9790/3008-1205030104)
- Shamala.T, A.M.Krupanidhi, Shanmukhappa.S, and B.E.Basavarajappa. Antiepileptic Activities of Ethanolic Extract of Stem Bark of Bauhinia purpurea. International Journal of Emerging Research in Management and Technology, Vol 6, Issue 5, May 2017, pp 499-503.
- Shamala. T, A. M. Krupanidhi, Shanmukhappa. S, and B. E. Basavarajappa Antimicrobial Activity of Bauhinia purpurea (L) by Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC) method. Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences(IOSR-JPBS), Vol.12, Issue 1, Ver.II (Jan-Feb 2017), pp 69-71. (DOI:10.9790/3008-1201026971).
- Shamala.T, Krupanidhi A.M and Kalleshappa C.M. Investigation on Antioxidant Activity of Bioactive Molecules of Bauhinia purpurea (L) Bark. International Journal of Engineering Research and Development,Vol.11, Issue 11, November 2015, pp 60-62.
- Shamala.T, Shanmukhappa.S, B.E.Basavarajappa and Krupanidhi.A.M. Extraction and Phytochemical screening for secondary metabolites in stem bark and leaves of Bauhinia purpurea(L) plant. International Journal of Recent Advances in Science and Engineering,Vol.1, Issue 5, July 2015, pp 01-04.
- Presented a paper on “Evaluation on Antipsychotic Activity of Stem Bark of Bauhinia purpurea(L) in one day National Conference on Recent Trends on the Applications of Science in Engineering (NCRSE-2018) on 28th September 2018 at Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Davanagere, Karnataka.
- Presented a paper on “A review on Pharmaceutical Activities of Ethanolic Extract of Stem bark of Bauhinia purpurea(L)” in two days International conference on Recent trends in Engineering, Technology and Science (ICRETS-2016) organized from 12th and 13th August 2016, at S T J Institute of Technology, Ranebennur, Karnataka.
- Presented a paper on “Extraction and Phytochemical screening for secondary metabolites in stem bark and leaves of Bauhinia purpurea(L) plant”. In the Second International conference on Recent Advances in Science and Engineering. (ICRASE-2015) organized from 9th and 10th May 2015 at ICRASE, Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Paper on “Study and Implementation of three basic organic reactions”, presented in two days National level Conference on Emerging trends in chemical research organized from 7thand 8th September, 2012 by AndraPradesh State Council of Science & Technology by GITAM University, Vishakhapatnam, Andrapradesh
- Listening to Classical music
- Reading books
Any other things
- “JIT,Davangere” Technical fest coordinator in the Shruga-13.
- “JIT,Davangere” As a judge for singing competitions in Shruga-2013-14.
- “JIT,Davangere” As a coordinator for singing competition in Shrunga-2014-15.
- “JIT,Davangere” As a coordinator for singing competition in Shrunga-2015-16.
- “JIT,Davangere” As a coordinator for singing competition in Shrunga-2016-17.
- “JIT,Davangere” As a coordinator for singing competition in Shrunga-2017-18.