Dr.Prashanth M K
Designation : Assistant Professor
Area of specialization : Synthetic Organic & Medicinal Chemistry, Material Science
Date of Joining BNMIT : 20-01-2016
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
No. of years of Experience : 10
Department : Chemistry
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing||% of marks obtained|
|Ph.D||Manasagangotri, University of Mysore||2014||Awarded|
|M.Sc.||Jnanasahyadri, Kuvempu University||2009||74.5|
|B.Sc.||JSS College of Arts, Science & Commerce, University of Mysore||2007||68.7|
Experience: 11 Years
|1||Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||20-01-2016 – Till date|
|2||Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry||DBIT, Bangalore, India||27-07-2015 – 19-01-2016|
|3||Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry||PNSIT, Bangalore, India||12-08-2013 – 20-07-2015|
|4||Project Assistant||Manasagangotri, Univeristy of Mysore, Mysore, India||30-04-2010 – 10-08-2013|
|5||Lecturer||Vasavi PU College||6-07-2009 – 29-04-2010|
- Appointed as Paper Setter for B.Tech course in the subject Engineering Chemistry, during Nov-Dec 2018 Examinations of Jain University, Bengaluru.
- Appointed as Paper Setter for B.Tech course in the subject Environmental Studies, during May-June 2018 Examinations of Jain University, Bengaluru.
- Appointed as Member, Board of Studies for Environmental Studies, Jain University, Bengaluru for the academic year 2017-2018.
- Appointed as Member, Board of Studies for Engineering Chemistry, Jain University, Bengaluru for the academic year 2018-2019.
- Engineering Chemistry
- Engineering Chemistry Lab
- Synthetic Organic & Medicinial Chemistry
- Drug Discovery
- Material Chemistry
- Sensors, Catalysis
- . Yogesh Kumar, H. Saini, D. Pandiaraja, K. Prashanthand M. S. Raghu, Controllabe synthesis of TiO2 chemically bonded graphene for photocatalytic hydrogen evolution and dye degradation. Catalysis Today. 340 (2020) 170-177.
- B. Pradeep Kumar, K.N Mohana, M.S. Raghu, M.B. Jagadeesha, M.K. Prashanth, N.K. Lokanath and Mahesha, Fluorine Substituted Thiomethyl Pyrimidine Derivatives as Efficient Inhibitors for Mild Steel Corrosion in Hydrochloric Acid Solution: Thermodynamic, Electrochemical and DFT Studies, Journal of Molecular Liquids, 311 (2020) 113311.
- S. Raghu, C.B. Pradeep Kumar, K.N.N. Prasad, S. Chandrasekhar, K. Yogesh Kumar, M.K. Prashanthand B. Veeresh MoS2-CA4 catalyzed synthesis and molecular docking study of 2,4,5-trisubstituted imidazoles as potent inhibitors of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. ACS Combinatorial Science. 2020. (in press).
- S. Raghu, K. Yogesh Kumar, M.K. Prashanth, Adsorption of Anionic Dye on Eco-Friendly Synthesised Reduced Graphene Oxide Anchored with Lanthanum Aluminate: Isotherms, Kinetics and Statistical Error Analysis. Ceramic International, 2020. (In press).
- Akshatha, S. Sreenivasa, K. Yogesh Kumar, S. Archana, M.K. Prashanth, B.P. Prasanna, P. Chakraborty, P. Krishnaiah, M.S. Raghu and H Alrobei, Rutile, mesophorous RuO2decorate GO for photocatalytic water splitting and water purification process, Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing. 116 (2020) 105156.
- K. Prashanth, K.N. Mohana, M.B. Jagadeesha, M.S. Raghu, N. K. Lokanath, K. Yogesh Kumar, Protection of Mild Steel Corrosion by Three New Quinazoline Derivatives: Experimental and DFT Studies, Surfaces and Interfaces. 18 (2020) 100446.
- S. Raghu, K. Yogesh Kumar, M.K. Prashanthand B.K. Jayanna Synthesis, Characterization, and Biological Evaluation of Novel 3‐(4‐Chlorophenyl)‐2‐(substituted) quinazolin‐4 (3H)‐one Derivatives as Multi‐target Anti‐inflammatory Agents. Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, 56 (2019) 2046-2051.
- S. Raghu, K.N.N. Prasad,B.K. Jayanna, K. Yogesh Kumar, and M.K. Prashanth, Efficient Synthesis of RuO2 Nanoparticle with excellent activity for One-pot Synthesis of 2,3-disubstituted quinazolin-4(1H)-ones. Vietnam Journal of Chemistry, 57 (2019) 585-594.
- S. Raghu, K. Yogesh Kumar, Srilatha Rao, T. Aravinda, M.K. Prashanth,B.P. Prasanna, Fabrication of polyaniline–few-layer MoS2 nanocomposite for high energy density supercapacitors. Polymer Bulletin. 75 (2018) 4359-4375.
- S. Raghu, K. Yogesh Kumar, SrilathaRao, M.K. Prashanth, T. Aravinda, S.C. Sharma, Simple fabrication of reduced graphene oxide -few layer MoS2nanocomposite for enhanced electrochemical performance in supercapacitors and water purification. Physica B: Condensed Matter, 537 (2018) 336-345.
- B. Muralidhara, S. Olivera, S. Archana, A. Anand, B.K. Jayanna, M.K. Prashanth,K. Yogesh Kumar, Versatile Graphene Oxide decorated by star shaped Zinc Oxide nanocomposites with superior adsorption capacity and antimicrobial activity, Journal of Science: Advanced Materials and Devices, 3 (2018) 167-174.
- S. Raghua, K. Yogesh Kumar, M.K. Prashanth, B.P. Prasanna, Raj Vinuth, Adsorption and antimicrobial studies of chemically bonded magneticgraphene oxide-Fe3O4nanocomposite for water purification. Journal of Water Process Engineering.17 (2017) 22–31.
- Madaiah,B.K. Jayanna, A.S. Manu, M.K. Prashanth, H.D. Revanasiddappa, B. Veeresh, Synthesis, characterization and evaluation of difluoropyrido[4,3-b]indoles as potential agents for acetylcholinesterase and antiamnesic Activity. Archive der Pharmazie Chemistry in Life Sciences. 350 (2017) e1600303.
- S. Veena, M.K. Prashanth, B.K. Jayanna, K. Yogesh Kumar, Y. Arthoba Nayaka and H.B. Muralidhara. Chemical oxidation of phenylephrine by using chloramine-t in acid media: a kinetic and mechanistic study. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research.8 (2017) 1449-1458.
- S. Raghu, K. Yogesh Kumar, M.K. Prashanth,Adsorptive Removal of MG Dye from Aqueous Solution on to a PHFAC: Isotherms and Kinetics Studies. Journal of Earth & Environmental Sciences. 2017 (2017) 1-17.
- M. Mallegowda, M.K. Prashanth, H.D. Revanasiddappa, Bio Analytical Method Development of an Anti-HIV-1 Drug Efavirenz Using High Performance Liquid Chromatography In Human Plasma, Materialstoday: proceedings. 4 (2017) 11939-11946.
- Madaiah, M.K. Prashanth,H.D. Revanasiddappa, B. Veeresh. Synthesis and evaluation of novel imidazo[4,5-c]pyridine derivatives as antimycobacterial agents against Mycobacterium tuberculosis. New Journal of Chemistry, 40 (2016) 9191-9204.
- K. Jayanna, M.K. Prashanth, H.D. Revanasiddappa, B. Veeresh, Synthesis and Anticonvulsant Activity of N-(Substituted)-1-methyl-2,4-dioxo-1,2-dihydroquinazoline-3(4H)-carboxamides,Archive der Pharmazie Chemistry in Life Sciences, 349 (2016) 566-571.
- K. Prashanth, M. S. Raghu, H. D. Revanasiddappaand B. Veeresh, Synthesis, Anticonvulsant and Binding Interaction Study of novel Piperamides with Bovine Serum Albumin by Fluorescence Spectroscopy. Central Nervous System Agents in Medicinal Chemistry, 16 (2016) 60-66.
- R. Kiran Kumar, G.P. Mamatha, M.K. Prashanth,H.B. Muralidhara and K. Yogesh, Synthesis and Characterization of Copper Oxide Nanoparticles: To Study Voltammetric Response of Biomolecules and Antimicrobial Activity. Surface Engineering & Applied Electrochemistry, 52 (2016) 469-474.
- K. Prashanth andH.D. Revanasiddappa, Application of a Highly Sensitive UV-spectrophotometric Method for the Determination of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride in Pure and Dosage Forms. Analytical Chemistry an Indian Journal, 14 (2015) 49-54.
- S. Veena, M.K. Prashanth,K. Yogesh Kumar, H.B. Muralidhara and Y. Arthoba Nayaka, Kinetics and mechanistic study of oxidation of amoxicillin by chloramine-t in acid medium. Journal of Chilean Chemical Society, 60 (2015) 3063-3068.
- K. Prashanth andH.D. Revanasiddappa, Highly Sensitive and Validated Spectrophotometric Technique for the Assay of Some Antidepressant Drugs. Journal of Applied Spectroscopy, 81 (2015) 1004-1011.
- R. Kiran Kumar, G.P. Mamatha, M.K. Prashanth, H.B. Muralidhara and K. Yogesh, Electrochemical Studies of Dopamine Using Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticle Modified Carbon Paste Electrode. Analytical & Bioanalytical Electrochemistry, 7 (2015) 175-185.
- Madaiah, M.K. Prashanth and H.D. Revanasiddappa, B. Veeresh. Synthesis and Pharmacological Evaluation of Novel 1′-[2-(difluoromethoxy)benzyl]-2′H, 5′H-spiro[8-azabicyclo[3.2.1]octane-3,4′-imidazolidine]-2′,5′-dionesand their derivatives. Archive der Pharmazie Chemistry in Life Sciences, 347, (2014) 370-380.
- K. Prashanthand H.D. Revanasiddappa. Synthesis and antioxidant activity of novel quinazolinone functionalized with urea/thiourea /thiazole derivatives as 5-lipoxygenase inhibitors. Letters in Drug Design & Discovery. 11 (2014) 712-720.
- K. Prashanth,and H.D. Revanasiddappa, Antidepressant Drugs: Highly Sensitive and Validated Spectrophotometric Technique, Journal of Chilean Chemical Society, 59 (2014) 2382-2388.
- K. Prashanthand H.D. Revanasiddappa, Development and Validation of Reverse Phase HPLC Method for the Determination of Midazolam in Human plasma. Analytical Chemistry Letters, 4 (2014) 213-223.
- K. Prashanth,M. Madaiah, H.D. Revanasiddappa and B. Veeresh.Synthesis, anticonvulsant, antioxidant and binding interaction of novel N-substituted methylquinazoline-2,4(1H,3H)-dione derivatives to bovine serum albumin: A structure–activity relationship study. SpectrochemicaActa Part A: Molecular & Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 110 (2013) 324–332.
- Madaiah, M.K. Prashanth and H.D. Revanasiddappa. Novel synthesis of 4,4-difluoro pyrido[4,3-b]indoles via intramolecular Heck reaction. Tetrahedron Letters,54 (2013) 1424–1427.
- Madaiah, M.K. Prashanth,H.D. Revanasiddappa and B. Veeresh. Synthesis and Evaluation of 3-[(2,4-Dioxo-1,3,8-triazaspiro[4.6]undec-3-yl)methyl]benzonitrile Derivatives as Potential Anticonvulsants. Archive der Pharmazie Chemistry in Life Sciences, 346 (2013) 200–209.
- K. Prashanthand H.D. Revanasiddappa. Synthesis of some new glutamine linked 2,3-disubstituted quinazolinone derivatives as potent antimicrobial and antioxidant agents. Medicinal Chemistry Research, 22 (2013) 2665-2676.
- Madaiah, M.K. Prashanth,H.D. Revanasiddappa and B. Veeresh. Synthesis and Structure–Activity Relationship Studies on Novel 8-amino-3-[2-(4-ﬂuorophenoxy)ethyl]-1,3-diazaspiro[4.5]decane-2,4-dione Derivatives as Anticonvulsant Agents. Medicinal Chemistry Research, 22 (2013) 2633-2644.
- K. Prashanth,M. Madaiah, H.D. Revanasiddappa and K.N. Amruthesh. Synthesis, Characterization, and BSA Binding Studies of Some New Benzamides Related to Schiff Base. ISRN Organic Chemistry, 2013 (2013) Article ID 791591, 12 pages.
- K. Prashanth, H.D. Revanasiddappa, K.M.L. Rai, K.A. Raveesha, B. Jayalakshmi. Antibacterial, anthelmintic and antioxidant activity of Argyreia elliptica extracts: Activity enhancement by the addition of metal salts. International Journal of Applied Research in Natural Products, 6 (2013) 1-10.
- K. Prashanth andH.D. Revanasiddappa, Validated and sensitive spectrophotometric method for the determination of amitriptyline hydrochloride. Chemical Sciences Journal, 4 (2013) 1-5.
- K. Prashanth,H.D. Revanasiddappa, K.M. LokanathaRai and B. Veeresh. Synthesis, characterization, antidepressant and antioxidant activity of novel piperamides bearing piperidine and piperazine analogues. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 22 (2012) 7065–7070.
- K. Prashanth, H.D. Revanasiddappa, K.M.L. Rai, K.A. Raveesha and B. Jayalakshmi. Antioxidant and antibacterial activity of ajwain seed extract against antibiotic resistant bacteria and activity enhancement by the addition of metal salts. Journal of Pharmacy Research, 5 (2012) 1952-1956.
- Reading science magazines