Dr. Jagruthi H.
Designation :Associate Professor
Area of specialization : Computer Science & Engineering
Date of Joining BNMIT : 20/01/2014
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : email@example.com
No. of years of Experience : 9 Years 3 Months
|Degree||Institution||Year of Passing|
|Ph.D||VTU, Belgaum||September 2022|
(Computer Science And Engineering)
(Information Science & Engineering)
Experience : Teaching: 9 Years 3 Months
|1||Associate Professor Dept. of ISE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||Feb 2023-till date|
|2||Assistant Professor Dept. of ISE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||Jan 2014- Jan 2023|
Awards and Achievements
- Organized a one-day workshop on “Blockchain Technology & its Applications” on 16th May 2023 conducted under Institution of Engineers student Chapter.
- Received appreciation for evaluating ideas presented in Internal – KAVACH 2023 Cybersecurity Hackathon conducted by Department of AIML on 11/4/2023.
- Organizer for five days ATAL FDP on “Machine Learning in Infotainment Systems” from 13th to 17th December 2021.
- Organizer for ATAL FDP on “BlockChain and its Use cases” from 18th Jan 2021 to 22nd Jan 2021.
- Successfully completed 6 weeks of Data Science course in Internshala with 100% score on 25th September 2021.
- Successfully completed 22hrs of Udemy course on “2021 complete python Bootcamp from zero to hero in python” on July 12th 2021.
- Received appreciation as Primary Evaluator in Toycathan 2021 conducted by Ministry of education innovation cell, government of India.
- Successfully completed 4hrs of Udemy course on “CP-SAT certified professional selenium Automation testing” on April 21st 2020.
- Successfully completed AWS training and certification on AWS cloud Practitioner and Essentials (Second Edition) in May 2020.
- Successfully cleared Nptel course on “Software Testing” with 62%.
- Received appreciation for conduction of Skill Development Program on Computer Networks from 29/7/2020 to 17/8/2020.
- Organizer for two days National level workshop on “Mobile control Robotics” from 15th to 16th February 2019, conducted by Revert Technology Pvt. Ltd. & Finland Labs at BNMIT
Invited Talks Delivered
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities (University Level)
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities (Institute and Department Level)
- Department NBA Coordinator –September 2022-till date
- Department IE Coordinator- March 2023-Till Date
- Department NGO Coordinator- February 2023- Till Date
- Department BITES Coordinator- September 2022-till date
Reviewer at National/International Conference/Seminars
- Reviewer at IEEE International Conference on Intelligent and Innovative Technologies in Computing.
- Reviewer at CMC Computers, Materials & Continua, Technical science Press.
- The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) Life Member – LM133051
- The Institute of Engineers (India) Associate Member-AM1942916
- Department NBA Criterion 4 in charge
- Department NAAC Criterion 5 in charge.
- Department level ERP Coordinator.
- Application Development using Python
- Python Application Programming
- Software Testing
- Computer Networks
- Management and Entrepreneurship
- Management Information systems
- Software Architecture
- Discrete Mathematical Structures
- Information and Network Security
- Wireless Networks
- IoT security
- Deep Learning
- Deepashri D, L S Dirick, Dr.Jagruthi H., “A QUALITATIVE ANALYSIS OF ML METHOD IN FRUITS ADULTERY AND FOCUS ON FRUIT ADULTERATION DETECTION”, International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR) UGC Approved – Journal No: 43602 & 7.17 Impact Factor Volume 10 Issue 2 May 2023, Date of Publication: 22-May-2023.
- Likith Gowda S, Rini Sharma, Dr. Jagruthi H, “ANOMALY DETECTION IN NETWORK TRAFFIC USING DEEP LEARNING TECHNIQUES”, Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR) UGC Approved (Journal No:63975) & 7.95 Impact Factor Published in Volume 10 Issue 5, May-2023 | Date of Publication: 2023-05-23.
- Likhith N.G, Uzair Alam, Dr. Jagruthi H, “LEUKEMIA CANCER DETECTION USING DEEP LEARNING” in International Research Journal Of Modernization In Engineering Technology And Science (IRJMETS), Volume 05, Issue 05, May 2023.
- Jagruthi.H, Dr. Kavitha.C and Manjunath Mulimani “Network Intrusion Detection using Fusion Features and Convolutional Bidirectional Recurrent Neural Network”, published in International Journal of Computer Applications in Technology, Published Online: October 6, 2022 pp 93-100. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJCAT.2022.126095. H-Index 27, ISSN 1741-5047 Q3 SJR 0.29. Scopus Indexed Journal/Q3.
- Adithya M, Jagruthi H, Raghavendran R, Rajat M Jain., “VIDEO SEARCH USING SCENE ANALYSIS” , Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology VOLUME 50 ISSUE 07 – 2021, ISSN-1671-4512. Scopus/6.2/Q4.
- Jagruthi H, Aishwarya A, Jatin Rajpal, Kaushal Kumar, Rakshitha K R, “Chest Disease Prediction of 14 class Disease Using Deep Convolutional Neural Network ” , Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology VOLUME 50 ISSUE 07 – 2021, ISSN-1671-4512. Scopus/6.2/Q4.
- Published a paper entitled “Defense System against Application Layer DDoS attacks with Data Security”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET),Volume 6(6), e-ISSN:2395-0056 p-ISSN:2395-0072, June 2019.
- Published a paper entitled “Authorship Attribution using Stylometry”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET),Volume 5(5), e-ISSN:2395-0056 p-ISSN:2395-0072,May 2018.
- Published a paper entitled “Integration of WSN with IOT: A Review on Security Issues”, International Journal of innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology ISSN: 2319-8753, Volume-7, Issue-5, May-2018.
- Published a paper entitled “Intrusion detection for wormhole attack” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET),Volume 7, e-ISSN:2395-0056 p-ISSN:2395-0072, Issue 8, August 2020.
- Lalitha, Jagruthi H, Laxmi V, Dibyhash Bordoloi, N. Alangudi Balaji, Ramesh Singh Rawat, “Use Of Machine Learning And Deep Learning Techniques To Predict Cases Of Hospitalizations Caused By Dengue”, IEEE Conference on Advances in computing, communication, and Applied Informatics-ACCAI2023, 25th and 26th May 2023 organized by St. Joseph’s College of Engineering, Chennai, India.
- Mekala K, Laxmi V, Jagruthi H, Shiv Ashish Dhondiyal, Sridevi.R , Amar Prakash Dabral, “Coffee Price Prediction: An Application Of Cnn-Blstm Neural Networks”, IEEE Conference on Advances in computing , communication, and Applied Informatics-ACCAI2023, 25th and 26th May 2023 organized by Joseph’s College of Engineering, Chennai, India.
- Vaishnavi G Rao, Vaishnavi Y Nayak, Dr. Jagruthi H, “Drones in Forest Fire Mitigation” is accepted in the 3rd International Conference on Electrical, Computer, Communications and Mechatronics Engineering (ICECCME 2023) organized by Tenerife- Canary Islands Spain.
- Jagruthi. H, Dr. Kavitha.C, presented a paper entitled “A Novel framework for NIDS using Stacked Ensemble Learning” at the International Conference on Soft Computing for Security Applications(ICSCS-2021) organized by Dhirajlal Gandhi College of Technology, Salem, India during 10-11, June 2021.
- Jagruthi.H, Dr. Kavitha.C, presented a paper entitled “Analysis and evaluation of Machine learning classifiers for IoT Attack Dataset” at International Conference on Machine Learning and Autonomous Systems (ICMLAS-2021) organized by Rohini college of engineering & Technology, Tamilnadu, India on 24-25th September 2021.
- Presented a paper entitled “Secure and efficient data sharing and retrieving in cloud storage”, 3rd national Conference on Emerging trends in Electronics and communication Engineering (NCETEC-16) on 4th May 2016, BGSIT, Bellur.
- Presented a paper entitled “Forecasting of Rainfall using Predictive Analytics over India”, National conference on recent trends in Electronics and communication engineering, NHCE, Bangalore.
- Presented a paper entitled “Security architecture for insider Threat: A Survey”, National Conference on Recent trends in computer science and engineering, SBMJCE (Jain university), kanakapura.
- Presented a paper entitled “Defense measures for cyber attacks in power control systems”, 7th National Conference on Recent trends in computer science and engineering, SJBIT, Bangalore.
Book / Book Chapters
- H Jagruthi, C Kavitha “A Novel Framework for NIDS Using Stacked Ensemble Learning” © The Author(s), under exclusive license to Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2022 G. Ranganathan et al. (eds.), Soft Computing for Security Applications, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 1397, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-5301-8_9.
- Jagruthi, H., Kavitha, C. (2022). Analysis and Evaluation of Machine Learning Classifiers for IoT Attack Dataset. In: Chen, J.IZ., Wang, H., Du, KL., Suma, V. (eds) Machine Learning and Autonomous Systems. Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies, vol 269. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-7996-4_34.
- Listening to music