3 years (full-time )
4 years (part-time )
The Departmentof Information Science and Engineering Offers Ph.D. Programme as Full-Time as well as Part-Time.
- The Department has an R & D centre recognized by VTU.
- The research centre has highly qualified and competent Research Guides with rich industrial & academic experience.
- The thrust areas of research in the department of Information Science and Engineering are:- Network Security, Internet of Things, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Image Processing.
Ph.D Guides in Department:
|Sr. no||Name||Area of Research|
|1||Dr. Saritha Chakrasali, Professor, Dept. of ISE||Medical Image Processing|
- Full-Time: Candidates to pursue Ph.D. research on full time basis shall also include QIP/FIP scholars and those belonging to Integrated Degree programmes such as M.Sc.(Engg.) by Research/(Full-Time) M.Tech.
- Part-Time: In-service candidates having a minimum professional experience of one year after their PG Degree from among the regular faculty members working in any Engineering College /Polytechnic / University / Deemed to be University (recognized /accredited by appropriate bodies in India) or research staff of public / private organizations shall be eligible to pursue Ph.D. research on a part time basis.
- Integrated Degree: Students registered for M.Sc.(Engg.) by Research(Full- Time)/M.Tech./M.Arch, may be allowed to upgrade to Ph.D. as applicable on acase by case basis.
- Distance Mode: Candidates with MBA and MCA Degrees obtained through distance mode from UGC/DEC approved institutions may be allowed to register for Ph.D. as per UGC/AICTE norms on condition of two years teaching/research experience after completion of their PG Degree award.
Various posts in Universities, Colleges and can be sought according to the number of years of experience a candidate has. The available posts are:
- Associate Professor in the Computer Science /Information Science Department
- Professor • Director Corporates
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Data Science Engineer
- Manager-Data Science
- Director-Data Science
- Team Leader
- Software Engineer
- Vice President
- Research Analyst
- Director at Data Science
- Research Associate
- Chief Technical Officer
Why BNMIT for this course ?
- The Department provides state-of-the-art facilities like well-stocked libraries, laboratories with all technical equipment, and computer systems and research centre with required hardware & software facilities for pursuing research work.
- Library of the college & department has a collection of books, magazines, journals, e-Journals and other useful databases. Facilities for internet browsing and e-services are also available in the library for the convenience of students.
- The faculty members/guides of the Department have expertise in their respective areas and are ready to share new knowledge and experience to each student so that they can make their future bright.
How To Apply ?
The University shall call for Applications for registration usually in the months of January and July of every year. Ph.D. Registration Committee shall meet in the months of February and August of every year to consider applications of the candidates for registration and the eligibility and recognitions of the Guides.
The candidate shall submit his / her application for registration to the University in the prescribed form along with other necessary documents viz., degree certificate, marks cards of all examinations, employers’ certificate and no objection certificate from the employer, consent of the Guide, through the Head of the Institution where the candidate intends to do research.
The Head of the Institution shall forward the application of the candidate along with the Bio-Data of the Guide, his/ her degree certificate and list of Research publications to the University. In case of employed candidates, no objection certificate from the employers for pursuing research shall be necessary.