Designation : Assistant Professor
Area of specialization : Image Processing, Deep Learning
Date of Joining BNMIT : 07/02/2011
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : email@example.com
No. of years of Experience : 7 Years (Teaching) 4 Years (Research)
|Degree||Institution||Year of passing|
|1||Assistant Professor||Dept. of ISE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||(Feb 2021 – Till Date)|
|2||Research||Dept. of CSE||VTU – RRC||(Jan 2017 – Jan 2021)|
|3||Assistant Professor||Dept. of ISE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||(Feb 2018 – Jul 2018)|
|4||Assistant Professor||Dept. of ISE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||(Feb 2011 – Dec 2016)|
|5||Lecturer||Dept. of ISE||BIET, Davangere, India||(Aug 2010 – Jan 2011)|
- Department NAAC Coordinator
- Organizer for five days ATAL FDP on “Machine Learning in Infotainment Systems” from 13th to 17th December 2021.
- Organizer for one week faculty development program on “Cloud Computing” from 11th to 16th July 2016, conducted by department of ISE, BNMIT.
- Convener for one week faculty development program on “IT Infrastructure Management Services” from 5th to 9th January 2015, conducted by department of ISE, BNMIT in association with Engineering Staff College of India, Hyderabad
Expertise / list of Subjects handled
- Software Architecture
- File Structures
- File Structures Lab with mini Project
- Operating System
- Analog and Digital Electronics
- Analog and Digital Electronics Lab
- Discrete Mathematical Structures
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms Lab
- Object Oriented Programming Lab
- Data Structures Lab
- Computer Systems Performance Analysis (MTech.).
- Computer Organization
- Software Architecture and Design Patterns
- Data Mining and Data Warehousing
- Research Interest – Deep Learning and Image Processing
- Laxmi V, Roopalakshmi R, ” Machine Learning based Prediction Model for Consumability Analysis of Mango Fruits“, published in International Journal for Modern Trends in Science and Technology, June 2022, doi: https://doi.org/10.46501/IJMTST0806088
- Laxmi V, Roopalakshmi R, “A novel frame work for detection of chemically ripened mango fruits using dominant colour descriptors”, published in Scopus and Intelligent Systems and Computer Technology, (CC BY-NC 4.0). doi:10.3233/APC200114, pp 18 – 27, IOS Press,
- Laxmi V, Roopalakshmi R, “Detection of Chemically Matured Mango Fruits using Laplacian Descriptors and Scale Determinants ”, published in Elsevier – SSRN, Vol 1 ,pp 424- 433,
- Laxmi V, Roopalakshmi R, “A novel frame work for detection of chemically ripened mango fruits using dominant colour descriptors”, presented in 3rd International Conference on COMET, Chennai, March 2020.
- Laxmi V, Roopalakshmi R, “Detection of Chemically Matured Mango Fruits using Laplacian Descriptors and Scale Determinants ”, presented in 2nd International Conference on ISMAC- CVB , Tamilnadu, September 2020,
- Divya S, Laxmi V, “Empowering Trustworthy Valuation of Reviews in Service – Oriented Social Networks.”, National Conference on Advances in Information Technology,
I am a classical Bharatanatyam dancer and interested in learning devotional songs.
I like to play out door games and cycling.
love to listening to songs and music by SPB, Mr. Vijay Prakash, Mr. Raghu Dixit, Arijit Singh, Hariharan.
Any other things
Loves cooking, travelling, socializing, yoga, trekking.