This post was last updated on June 8th, 2023
Designation : Assistant Professor
Area of specialization : Image Processing, Deep Learning
Date of Joining BNMIT : 07/02/2011
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
No. of years of Experience : 9 Years (Teaching) 4 Years (Research)
|Degree||Institution||Year of passing|
|Ph.D||VTU, Belgaum||(Thesis Submitted)|
|1||Assistant Professor||Dept. of ISE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||(Feb 2021 – Till Date)|
|2||Research||Dept. of CSE||VTU – RRC||(Jan 2017 – Jan 2021)|
|3||Assistant Professor||Dept. of ISE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||(Feb 2018 – Jul 2018)|
|4||Assistant Professor||Dept. of ISE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||(Feb 2011 – Dec 2016)|
|5||Lecturer||Dept. of ISE||BIET, Davangere, India||(Aug 2010 – Jan 2011)|
- Mentor for Samsung Prism worklet from December 2022 till date · Mentor for Honeywell Student Empowerment Program held from 08 February 2023 to 23 February 2023.
- Department NAAC Coordinator.
- Organizer for five days ATAL FDP on “Machine Learning in Infotainment Systems” from 13th to 17th December 2021.
- Organizer for one week faculty development program on “Cloud Computing” from 11th to 16th July 2016, conducted by department of ISE, BNMIT.
- Convener for one week faculty development program on “IT Infrastructure Management Services” from 5th to 9th January 2015, conducted by department of ISE, BNMIT in association with Engineering Staff College of India, Hyderabad.
- The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) Life Member – LM133053
Expertise / list of Subjects handled
- Software Architecture
- File Structures
- File Structures Lab with mini Project
- Operating System
- Analog and Digital Electronics
- Analog and Digital Electronics Lab
- Discrete Mathematical Structures
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms Lab
- Object Oriented Programming Lab
- Data Structures Lab
- Computer Systems Performance Analysis (MTech.).
- Computer Organization
- Software Architecture and Design Patterns
- Data Mining and Data Warehousing
- Research Interest – Deep Learning and Image Processing
- Laxmi V Keerthi S H, Shravya “Image To Text And Speech Synthesis”, International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research, JETIR May 2023.
- Laxmi V Lokesh Babu P N, Sachith S Pai, “House Price Predication & Recommendation System Using Ml”, International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research, JETIR May 2023.
- Laxmi V Manjari S M, Himanshu Attri, “A Deep Learning Model for Soil Detection and Crop Recommendation for Small Farmers”, International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research, JETIR May 2023.
- Laxmi V, Roopalakshmi R, ” Machine Learning based Prediction Model for Consumability Analysis of Mango Fruits“, published in International Journal for Modern Trends in Science and Technology, June 2022, doi: https://doi.org/10.46501/IJMTST0806088
- Laxmi V, Roopalakshmi R, “A novel frame work for detection of chemically ripened mango fruits using dominant colour descriptors”, published in Scopus and Intelligent Systems and Computer Technology, (CC BY-NC 4.0). doi:10.3233/APC200114, pp 18 – 27, IOS Press,
- Laxmi V, Roopalakshmi R, “Detection of Chemically Matured Mango Fruits using Laplacian Descriptors and Scale Determinants ”, published in Elsevier – SSRN, Vol 1 ,pp 424- 433,
- T. Lalitha, Jagruthi H, Laxmi V, Dibyhash Bordoloi, N. Alangudi Balaji, Ramesh Singh Rawat,” Use Of Machine Learning And Deep Learning Techniques To Predict Cases Of Hospitalizations Caused By Dengue”, IEEE Conference on Advances in computing, communication, and Applied Informatics-ACCAI2023, 25th and 26th May 2023 organized by St. Joseph’s College of Engineering, Chennai, India.
- Mekala K, Laxmi V, Jagruthi H, Shiv Ashish Dhondiyal, Sridevi.R,, Amar Prakash Dabral, “Coffee Price Prediction: An Application Of Cnn-Blstm Neural Networks”, IEEE Conference on Advances in computing, communication, and Applied Informatics-ACCAI2023, 25th and 26th May 2023 organized by St. Joseph’s College of Engineering, Chennai, India.
- Srilatha Chahna Nallamalli, Akanksha Tiwari, Laxmi V, “cGAN-based Sketched Image Art Generator Using Deep Learning”, IEEE Conference on Advances in Electronics, Communication, Computing and Intelligent Information Systems, 19th to 21st April 2023, Bangalore Institute of Technology Bengaluru.
- Laxmi V, Roopalakshmi R, “A novel frame work for detection of chemically ripened mango fruits using dominant colour descriptors”, presented in 3rd International Conference on COMET, Chennai, March 2020.
- Laxmi V, Roopalakshmi R, “Detection of Chemically Matured Mango Fruits using Laplacian Descriptors and Scale Determinants ”, presented in 2nd International Conference on ISMAC- CVB , Tamilnadu, September 2020,
- Divya S, Laxmi V, “Empowering Trustworthy Valuation of Reviews in Service – Oriented Social Networks.”, National Conference on Advances in Information Technology.
Book / Book Chapters
- “Laxmi V, Dr. Roopalakshmi R, “Artificially Ripened Mango Fruit Prediction System Using Convolutional Neural Network”, Intelligent Systems and Sustainable Computing, Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies, Springer Nature, 2022, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-0011-2_32
I am a classical Bharatanatyam dancer and interested in learning devotional songs.
I like to play out door games and cycling.
love to listening to songs and music by SPB, Mr. Vijay Prakash, Mr. Raghu Dixit, Arijit Singh, Hariharan.
Any other things
Loves cooking, travelling, socializing, yoga, trekking.