This post was last updated on June 6th, 2023
Designation : Assistant Professor
Area of specialization : Computer Networks
Date of Joining BNMIT : 16th September 2021
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : email@example.com
No. of years of Experience : 14 Years 6 Months
|Degree||Institution||Year of passing|
|BE||BVB college of Engineering||2001|
Experience: 14 Years 6 Months
|1||Assistant Professor||B.N.M. Institute of Technology, Bengaluru||16th September 2021 to Till Date|
|2||Assistant Professor||B.N.M. Institute of Technology, Bengaluru||01st August 2007 to 31st December 2014|
|3||Senior Lecturer||VIT, Bengaluru||December 2001 to June 2007|
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities (Institute and Department Level)
- Member Secretary for Autonomous Syllabus (December 2021 to Till date)
- Department NAAC Coordinator (September 2022 to Till date)
- Department NBA Criterion 7 in charge (September 2021 to September 2022)
- Department Calendar of Events Incharge (September 2021 to September 2022)
- Department Level Students and Staff Achievements Coordinator (September 2021 to January 2023)
FDP / Workshops Attended
- Attended a 5Day FDP from 8th may to 13th may 2023 IOT with Raspberry Pi4 (ARM based SoC) and Python by cranes varsity pvt ltd
- 1 week FDP on blockchain technology from 22nd march to 2nd april by Make Skilled, Hyderabad as part of Corporate Innovation Accelerator Program 2023.
- participated in a Five-day online National-Level Workshop on “Deep Learning and its Applications” from 6th March 2023 to 10th March 2023 organized by the Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Kalpataru Institute of Technology, Tiptur.
- participated and successfully completed One Week AICTE–VTU Joint Teachers Training Programme on “Introduction to Python Programming & its Applications” from 13th to 17th March 2023 Organized by Visvesvaraya Technological University, Centre for PG Studies, VIAT, Muddenahalli.
- participated in the 5-Days National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Intelligent Computing, organised by School of Computer Science and Engineering, VIT-AP University, Amaravati from 14th March to 18th March 2023
- Attended a workshop at RNSIT on “Mobile communications” 2006
- Attended a workshop at Dayanand Sagar college on “Network simulators” 2005 (NCNGN 2007) at BNMIT Bangalore in April 2007 (National Conference on Next Generation Networks)
- Participated in the workshop on “Emerging Trends in Soft Computing” held at BNMIT in October 2008.
- Research workshop on “Signal and Image processing”, BNMIT, Jan 2010.
- Attended a 2-week Workshop on “Computer Networks” conducted by IIT Bombay @ BMSCE remote center in June 2014.
- Attended Workshop on “Ph.D in Computer Science: A Perspective”, IISc,Bangalore,July 2010.
- Research workshop on” Research methodologies and Latex” at KS school of engineering Feb 2014.
- Completed a course on” introduction to IoT ” Infosys Springboard Feb 2023
- Completed a course on “Blockchain & Hyperledger Fabric: An Overview of Blockchain Technology” Infosys Springboard Feb 2023
- Completed a course on ” MySQL Database Development: Database Design Fundamentals” Infosys Springboard Feb 2023
- IAENG: International Association of Engineers (LM NO: ***).
Expertise / list of Subjects handled
- Computer Networks
- Distributed computing
- Advances in Storage Area Networks
- Computer Organization
- Adhoc Networks
- Mobile communications
- Client-server Computing
- Network Management
- Data Communications
- Data structures
- Research Interest – Computer Networks-p2p networks.
- Surya K,Sachindra N Bhairan, Mrs. Mona “Bird Species Identification Using Deep Learning”, Journal of emerging technologies and innovative research,JETIR, May 2023, Volume 10, Issue 5, pp 1 – 5, ISSN-2349-5162.
- Adeline AP, Tejaswini N, Mrs. Mona “INTEGRATED INTRUSION DETECTION AND PREVENTION SYSTEM WITH HONEYPOT IN CLOUD COMPUTING”, International Research Journal of Modernization in Engineering Technology and Science,IRJMETS, May 2023 Volume:05,Issue:05,e-ISSN: 2582-5208 DOI : https://www.doi.org/10.56726/IRJMETS38989.
- Chaitra G, Sohail Khan, Mona ”Machine Learning Based On Heart Disease Prediction System”, Journal of emerging technologies and innovative research, JETIR, May 2023, Volume 10, Issue 5, pp 1 – 5, ISSN-2349-5162
- Nagareddy Deepthi, Tulasi N, Mrs Mona, Tags Prediction from Movie Plot Synopsis Using Machine Learning, IRJET, Volume 9 Issue 6 July 2022
- Harshitha HS, Vaishnavi Kini, Mrs. Mona, Development of Virtual Trial Rooms for Showrooms, IRJET, Volume 9 Issue 6 July 2022
- Madhuri, Nandini S, Mrs. Mona, Diagnosis Of Chronic Kidney Disease Using Machine Learning, IRJET, Volume 9 Issue 7 July 2022
- M N Rithvik, Pragati Agrawal, Mrs. Mona, Wildlife Detection System using Deep Neural Networks, IRJET, Volume 9 Issue 7 July 2022
- “Summary-Based Efficient Content Based Image Retrieval in P2P Network”.3rd Int. Conf on Front. Of Intell. Comput (FICTA) 2014. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-12012-6_30 328/30 Springer publication.