The ME Department not only insists and encourages the students to perform well in academics but also encourages in technical, sports, and cultural events. The students of ME have been instrumental in performing well beyond academics
- The project EASY FOOT which was completed under New Gen IEDC funded by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi, won 1st place among participants around 23 other projects from all over the state and received the cash prize of Rs 20,000.00( twenty thousand) form KSTA.
- Nagpoojith, Rakshith and Someshwar students of VIII semester presents Pitch Changing Flute at Manthan 11th edition organized by FKCCI Bengaluru, received cash price of Rs 15,000.00 (fifteen thousand) from FKCCI
- Yogesh N of IV successfully completed Online Course organized by Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur on Manufacturing Automation July- August 2019
- Akashar K R of V Semester presented his technical paper AGROTONA and won the Best paper award and got published in International Organization of Scientific Research Journal at National conference on “Recent Innovations in Engineering Science, Technology and Management – NCRIESTM-2019″ in association with Department of Science and Technology and NSERB, Government of India, at AITD, Goa on 24th and 25th January 2019.
- Mijar Aditya Shenoy, Nagapoojith B R, Someshwar S, Piyush R Golecha applied for patent for pitch changing flute Application no: 201841034289 on 12th November 2018
- Akashar K R of V Semester presented his poster AGROTONA and won First prize in CNDRSO-2018 Conclave for Natural Disaster Reduction and Sustainability organized by KLE college, Bangalore on 13th October 2018
- Akashar K R of V Semester won the first place for idea presentation in Idea Conclave for Better Bangalore, organized by M S Ramaiah college of arts science and commerce Bangalore, on 2nd and 3rd October 2018
- Shravan Ananth of VII semester successfully completed the online course “Fundamentals of Surface Engineering: Mechanics, processing, and characterization with a consolidated score of 72% course conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (July-October 2018)
- Reethan D.L., Shreyas S.P. presented prosthetic arm and won third place in Navadhara 2K18 competition organized by Dev Bhoomi Group of Institution on 16th and 17th April 2018
- Amulya H.N., Deeksha Manohar Rao, Akashdeep K., Amith Narayan of VI semester won second prize in National Conference Jnanasangama 2018 organized by Viveknanda College of Engineering, Puttur on 16th May 2018
- Aditya Kumar, Vivek V.P., Rahul Kumar, Vasant Bhat of VIII semester presented a technical paper in National Conference Topical Transcend in Mechanical Technology’ organized by SJB Institute of Technology, Bangalore on 09th May 2018
- Mithun Reddy of VI Semester attended a workshop on Master Cam organized by GLISTEN Project Solution, Bangalore on 28th April 2018
- Ashwin Raj of VI Semester attended a workshop on Master Cam organized by GLISTEN Project Solution, Bangalore on 28th April 2018
- Mithun Reddy, Ashwin Raj of VI semester presents a technical paper in International Conference Advances in Manufacturing, Materials & Energy Engineering (Icon MMEE-2018) organized by MITE, Mangalore on 02nd and 03rd March 2018
- Prasanth S.R. of VIII semester presented a technical paper in International Conference on Emerging Technological Innovation in Mechanical Engineering organized by Raja Reddy Institute of Technology, Bangalore, Bangalore on 26th and 27th May 2017
- Akshar K.R. of II semester won Third Place in Indian science and Engineering Fair competition organized by Alvas EductionFoundation, Moodbidri on 20th and 21st May 2017
- Sanket G. Bhat, RajathPawar, Movin Kumar S, Veeresh K.V., Presented a technical paper in National Conference on Modern Trends in Mechanical Engineering organized by Rajrajeswari College of Engineering, Bangalore on19th and 20th May 2017
- Mohan S.N. Presented a technical paper in National Conference on Modern Trends in Mechanical Engineering organized by Rajrajeswari College of Engineering, Bangalore on19th and 20th May 2017
- Amit Patil, Divakar Sharan, Shaik Md. Basha, Saurabh Kumar of VIII semester presented a technical paper in National Conference ‘Topical Transcend in Mechanical Technology’ organized by SJB Institute of Technology, Bangalore on 10th May 2017
- Someshwar S. of IV semester won First Place in Chuck Glider Furore-2017 Competition organized by Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering
- Hemanth S. of VIII semester presented a technical paper at International Conference on Materials Manufacturing and Modeling organized by Vellore Institute of Technology on 11th March 2017
- Tejas Sharma N., Sudeep S. Rao of V semester are runner up in automotive quiz VERVE organized by JSSATE, Bangalore on 21st April 2016
- Asharan Dinesh, Varun S. Deshpande of V semester, are in the third place in the automotive quiz VERVE organized by JSSATE, Bangalore on 21st April 2016
- Pruthvishri Hegde of V semester participated in climate science quiz 2016 organized by IISc Bangalore on 27th September 2015
- Tejas Sharma B.N of V semester participated in climate science quiz 2016 organized by IISc Bangalore on 27th September 2015
- Vijeth V., Varun Kumar D., Skanda Bhagavath V., Prajwal V Rao of V Semester won second place in VTU BUSINESS PLAN organized by M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore 3rd July 2015
1. Naren P of III semester won Third Place (Bronze Medal) in One Act Play Event in “Janani-2018”, the 19th VTU youth fest held at BheemannaKhandre Institute of Technology, Bhalki from 2nd to 4th November 2018
2. Naren P of III semester won First Place (Gold Medal) in Group Song (Indian) Event in “Janani-2018”, the 19th VTU youth fest held at BheemannaKhandre Institute of Technology, Bhalki from 2nd to 4th November 2018
3. VigneshN of III semester participated in Photography Event in “Janani-2018”, the 19th VTU youth fest held at BheemannaKhandreInstitute of Technology, Bhalki, from 2nd to 4th November 2018
4. Vignesh N of III semester participated in Folk Orchestra singing Event,“Janani-2018”, the 19th VTU youth fest held at BheemannaKhandre Institute of Technology, Bhalki from 2nd to 4th November 2018
Innovative Project League (IPL) Winners List
Innovative project lab is unique initiative to nurture the budding engineers. Students are at liberty to conceptualize, design and implement solutions to societal problems with concerns for environment. Selected projects are converted into product prototypes under the guidance of ED cell.
|Sl. No||Name||Semester||Project Title||Achievement||Year|
|1||Agnesh Rao K (1BG17ME005)||V||Vertical Wind Mill|| |
Best Project Award
|C S Mohitesh (1BG17ME008)|
|Chetan Prasad S (1BG17ME010)|
|M Tejas (1BG17ME025)|
|Nesar V Shetty (1BG17ME028)|
|2||Naren P (1BG17ME026)||III||Jarvis 1.0|| |
Best Project Award
|Likith V (1BG17ME023)|
|M S Sumanth Raghav (1BG17ME024)|
|Gowdara Ravi Rohan (1BG17ME018)|
|M Tejas (1BG17ME025)|
|3||Achutha A R (1BG16ME002)||V||Portable Refrigerator|| |
Best Project Award
|Chiranjeevi N (1BG16ME013)|
|Daniel Methew (1BG16ME015)|
|Gowtham K L (1BG16ME017)|
|4||Mijar Aditya Shenoy (1BG15ME034)||V|
|Project Champion ward (Patent Filed) Won 15000/- Cash price in FKCCI Maanthan Competition||November 2017|
|Nagpoojith B.R. (1BG15ME036)|
|Piyush R. Golecha (1BG15ME042)|
|Someshwar S. (1BG15ME054)|
|5||Shashank Muralidhar (1BG17ME413)||III|
|Electricity Generation by Suspension System|
|Winner: Department Level||November 2017|
|Daniel Mathew ( 1BG16ME015)|
|Byregowda S.K. (1BG17ME400)|
|Sreenidhi B.L. (G17ME414)|
|6||Shreyas S P (1BG14ME045)||VI||Indigenously Built Prosthetic Arm Using 3D Printer|
|Project Champion Award Project has been selected for New Gen IEDC Funding Started HyCube Works Startup and incubation in IIM Bangalore||April 2017|
|Reethan D (1BG14ME037)|
|7||Abhishek B.V. (1BG15ME002)||IV||Easy Foot Project has been selected for New Gen IEDC funding||Best Project Award Won First Prize in the State Level Technical Project Exhibition organized by Karnataka Science and Technology Academy (KSTA)||April 2017|
|Aniruddha B.V. (1BG15ME012)|
|Ganesh M. Dixit (1BG15ME021)|
|Nataraj N. Badiger (1BG15ME038)|
|8||V. Vijith V. (1BG13ME060)||V||Shreddertron 6000||Best Project Award, Won Second Place in VTU Business Plan Competition||November 2015|
|Skanda Bhagavath (1BG13ME048)|
|Prajwal V. Rao (1BG13ME053)|
|Varun Kumar D (1BG13ME055)|
|9||Harshith (1BG14ME019)||III||Compact Parking System Participated in MANTHAN-2016 (Business Plan Competition)||November 2015|
|Indra Kumar (1BG14ME020)|
|Karthik Y. (1BG14ME021)|
|Kashyap N. Pandit (1BG14ME022)|
Praful Kumar S., Junior scientist , Xtreme Photonics Lab group University of Rostock, Germany
Praful Kumar S., an illustrious alumnus of BNMIT (Mechanical Engineering Batch 2016-17), is a junior scientist pursuing his doctoral studies at the Xtreme Photonics Lab group, Institute of Physics, University of Rostock, Germany, existing since 1419. Prior to this and after a brief stint in Thermal Engineering research, he obtained his master’s degree from Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru.
He was a top performing student at BNMIT and also secured 99.64 percentile score in GATE-2017. He got selected for South Pole Expedition Team-2018 from India Institute of Science, Bengaluru and also is the recipient of Raman Research Institute Fellowship during his master’s degree.
Hycube Works Private Limited – a pre-incubated 3D Printer Manufacturers.
Co-founders Shreyas S. P. and Reethan Doijode
Alumni Students of Department of Mechanical Engineering, BNMIT, started their company Hycube Works Pvt Ltd in the year 2018. Their project of 3D prosthetic arm was funded by DST, in the year 2017-18 at BNMIT and they got pre-incubated at the campus. In the year 2019-20 they have been selected as one among Top 30 of 300 Startups from all over India and is been pre-incubated by Launchpad Cohort 12 at NSRCEL, IIM Bangalore. Now they are having their startup with 4 interns at IIMB and successfully created a chain of Center of Excellence for 3D printing at various colleges across Karnataka.
EASY FOOT project presentation at State Level project exhibition.
Ganesh M Dixit & Nataraj N Badiger
8th-semester Mechanical Engineering Department, BNMIT
The state-level technical project exhibition was held at Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineering, Bengaluru on 12th and 13th March 2019 organized by Karnataka Science and Technology Academy (KSTA) and in association with Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineering, Bengaluru.
The project EASY FOOT which was completed under New Gen IEDC funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi, won 1st place among participants around 23 other projects from all over the state and received the cash prize of Rs 20,000.00( twenty thousand) form KSTA.
- Prajwal Sharath of IV Semester Won 4 gold medals in 500 m, 1000 m, 1500 m and 3000 m relay, at Short track speed skating championship Philippines 2019
- Prajwal Sharath of IV Semester Represented Karnataka and won 1 gold and 1 silver and was the overall champion in the under 19 men’s category 15th National Ice Skating championship (Gulmarg, Kashmir),
- Prajwal Sharath of IV Semester, Represented India and won the cup in the Belarus cup 2019 (Minsk, Belarus) held between 6th to 23rd September 2019 Also qualified for the junior world championship which was to be held in Italy in 2020.
- Prajwal Sharath of IV Semester Won 3 silvers and 1 gold in the 20th district roller skating selection championship held between 26th to 30thOctober 2019,
- Pranav S V of IV semester participated and won 2nd place in the Republic Day Cup, Indo-Sri Lanka International Karate Championship-2020 in Men’s senior kumite Black Belt category.
- Pranav S V of IV semester represented OSK Federation of as a Referee and as a team official in the Republic day cup 2020National Level Karate Championship on 1st and 2nd February.
- Pranav S V IV semester represented OSK Federation of as a Referee in the 27th State Level Karate Championship-2020 on 8th and 9th February.
- Prajwal M Nayak of II semester Mechanical Engineering is a yoga practitioner from the past 6 years and his achievements and awards
- Gold medal in International Yoga Championship at Shanghai, China (2014)
- Silver medal in International Yoga Championship at Beijing, China(2015)
- 4th Position in International Yoga Championship at Shenzhen, China( 2017)
- Silver Medal in the World Yoga Championship at Mahabalipuram, India (2017)
- 3 Gold and 2 Silver medals in International Yoga championship At Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (2018)
- 6 Gold Medals in the International Yoga Championship at Pattaya, Thailand(2019)