The vision of the department sets the goal and the mission portrays the process of achieving the vision. The department vision is to be a premier department in correlation with the vision of the institution.
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) depicts the strength of the department in moulding students to become successful graduates by inculcating professionalism with concern to society and the environment. The PEOs are defined based on the institute and department vision and mission. The program outcomes are also taken as input for drafting the department’s PEOs. The ME department Vision, Mision, PEOs, PSOs and POs are
2. Provide environment for self learning to meet the challenges of changing technology and inculcate team spirit and leadership qualities to succeed in professional career.
3. To instill professional ethics and concern for environment for the benefit of society.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO's)
1. Apply principles of mathematics, science and Mechanical engineering to design Mechanical systems and applications in industry.
2. Apply knowledge of Mechanical engineering to solve problems of social relevance with concern for environment.
3. Work with professional ethics as individuals and as team members in multidisciplinary projects demonstrating creativity and leadership.
4. Pursue higher education and research in advanced technology.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions, using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
1. To model, analyze, design and realize physical systems, components or process by applying principles of thermal engineering, machine design, mechatronics and control engineering
2. To work professionally in industries or as an entrepreneur, by applying manufacturing and management practices.