Pillar 1: Teaching & Learning
Teaching & Learning: The Department of AIML builds an environment that empowers academics to do their best work with personalized learning systems and collaborative spaces that empower students to reach their full potential. This is achieved through the following steps:
- Student-centered approach: We create a pedagogy inclusive of teaching and learning practices that are project-based, competency-based, collaborative, and self-learning to build students personality development.
- Curriculum & Assessment: The AIML curriculum could be theory, practice, project-based, or competency-based, we provide new tools to access, customize, and assess progress for each student.
Pillar 2: Student Success
Student Success: We aim at producing the quality AIML undergraduates (i.e., driving student outcomes) and connect with graduates in lifelong relationships and their educational experience. Thus, it is addressed through the following mechanisms:
- Educator and Student development: Due to the rapid change in technologies of AIML and its related fields, we build a collaborative capacity among students and faculty as part of a learning community working to continuously improve teaching and learning.
- Future-ready skills: We empower students on emerging courses of AIML with the digital and productivity skills they need to be successful and active participants in the community for employment and entrepreneurship.
- Learning skills: We develop students’ ability to set and achieve goals in AI and its related fields, and as a holistic development to feel, and show empathy for others, establish, and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions.
- Accessibility: We provide accessible on all emerging technologies and tools of AIML that can meet the needs of students looking to take greater responsibility for their learning and development of technology skills.
Pillar 3: Academic Research
Academic Research: We empower strong research among students and faculty with a powerful and flexible computing environment to students of AIML to perform their research without constraints from the underlying infrastructure and collaborate with other researchers across the world. Our goal is to:
- Build a world-class academic R&D center at BNMIT conducting externally-funded research in AIML and its associated areas such as healthcare, medicine, cybersecurity, manufacturing, transportation, etc.
- Focus on convergence-based problem solving across a variety of sectors through neuroscience, cognitive science, and computer science to conduct externally funded research in AIML and its associated areas
Pillar 4 : Campus Experience
Campus Experience: We develop a safe and secure environment inside the campus and leveraging data analytics to optimize student outcomes in AIML related and to create efficient, responsive, and allocation of resources for students to enjoy the campus experience.