Dr. Anusha Preetham
Designation: Associate Professor
Area of specialization: Deep Learning, Machine Learning, DIP
Date of Joining BNMIT: 12-08-2022
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id: email@example.com
No. of years of Experience: 9 Years, 0 Months
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing||% of marks obtained|
|Ph.D (CSE)||SDMCET, Dharwad, VTU||August 2021||Awarded|
|M.Tech (CSE)||SDMCET, Dharwad, VTU||July 2013||71%|
|B.E (CSE)||SDMIT, Ujire, VTU||2011||66%|
|1||Associate Professor||BNMIT, Bengaluru||12/08/2022 – till date|
|2||Assistant Professor||Dayananda Sagar Academy of Tech & Mgmt. Bengaluru||July 2016- 5th August 2022|
|3||Assistant Professor||SDMIT, Ujire, Dharmasthala||July 2013 to May 2016|
Awards and Achievements
- Blue Prism in partnership with Eduskills Foundation has recognized me as RPA Educator for completing the Foundation Educator Training as a part of BLUE PRISM ACADEMIA PROGRAM in the field of Robotic Process Automation. 29.07.2021.
- Received Certificate of Excellence in recognition of continuing Excellence in teaching. Awarded Best teacher on 29th Feb 2020 by HKBK Group of Institutes, B’luru.
- Received Appreciation letter from Dept. of ISE for achieving Very Good student feedback in the year 2017 (ODD Semester).
- Awarded 2019 certificate of IEEE Membership, as a member in good standing through Dec 2019, denoting a personal and professional commitment to the advancement of technology.
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities (Institute Level):
1. Department level International Conference Chief- coordinator. Organized International conference on current trends in science, engineering & technology (ICCTSET – 2022). May 13th & 14th, 2022 at DSATM.
2. Institute Level IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) Co-coordinator
Filed 6 final year projects for patenting.
Conducted many technical sessions on IPR for students and faculties.
3. Newsletter coordinator: Designing and releasing department newsletters every semester end from the year 2018.
4. Website coordinator: Regularly monitoring the updating of department website from the year 2018.
5. Sports committee member: Organized sports for women’s on the occasion of women’s day.
6. Women Empowerment Cell member
Organized webinar on “Mental Wellness & Emotional Empowerment” on July 30th 2021.
Organized for Women’s Day celebration.
Organized various sports and fun activities for DSATM women’s in March 2021.
7. Coordinating with CISCO for “Programming Essentials in C” course certification for 1st year students as a trainer. During 2019-20 and 2020-2021.
Invited Talks Delivered:
- 5-days FDP at DSATM on Robotic Process Automation using blueprism.
- LIFE MEMBER of Indian Society for Technical Education. M. No: LM 118341
- IAENG [Member No: 232346]
- Automata Theory and Computability, Programming languages
List of subjects handled
- UG : Automata Theory & Computability, Discrete Mathematical Structures, Computer organization, Programming in C and Data structures, Analysis and design of an algorithm, Object oriented Concepts, Java Programming, Database management system, WTA, DOTNET.
Research Interest :
- Deep Learning
- Machine Learning
- Digital Image Processing
- Anusha Preetham, “Soil moisture retrieval using Sail Squirrel Search Optimization based Deep Convolutional neural network with sentinel-1 images” in International Journal of Image and Graphics, World Scientific Accepted on April 14’2022. (Accepted. Yet to get published)
- Detection of adulteration in food using recurrent neural network with internet of Journal of Food Quality (Q2). Hindawi Limited.
- Anusha Preetham, “Automatic detection of pathogens in Rice using modified partial differential segmentation and novel fuzzy logic based probabilistic neural network” Journal of Food Quality (Q2). Hindawi
- Anusha Rao, S.B. Kulkarni, “A Hybrid Approach for Plant Leaf Disease Detection and Classification Using Digital Image Processing Methods”, published in International Journal of Electrical Engineering & Education, Oct 4 2020.
- Anusha Rao, S.B. Kulkarni, “Markov Random Field Classification technique for Plant leaf disease detection”, published in International Journal of Computer Aided Engineering and Technology (IJCAET), Inderscience DOI: 10.1504/IJCAET.2020.10022049, https://www.inderscience.com/info/inarticle.php?artid=106233
- Anusha Rao, B. Kulkarni, “Combined Approach of Image Enhancement and Wavelet Feature Extraction for Plant Leaf Classification”, published in Greenz Journal Publication. Grenze ID: 02.MH-ICSIPCA.2017.1.3 Page: 10-17. ISBN: 978-93-526079-8-3
- Akash Konnur, Anusha Rao “Street Light Automation System using Arduino UNO”, published in International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Volume 5, Issue 11, Nov 2017. DOI: 10.15680/IJIRCCE.2017.0511024
- Anusha G Rao, S. B. Kulkarni, B. RaghavendraRao, Dr. Shadaksharappa, “Computer Vision and Machine Vision Techniques for assessing quality of food products – A Review”, published in International Journal of Software Engineering and Soft Computing [IJSESC]. ISSN 2250-1045 Pp. 17-19. Nov 2015.
- Anusha Rao, Akash Konnur, “Low budget electronic voting machine- an electronic marvel using DFA model”, published in International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, ISSN 2250–2459(Online).
- Investigating the role of Block-chain to secure Identity in IOT for industrial IEEE
- Presented paper titled “An improved technique of Plant Leaf Classification using hybrid feature modelling” in IEEE-International Conference in Innovative Mechanism for Industry Applications (ICIMIA 2017) conducted by Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bengaluru from 21st to 23rd Feb DOI: 10.1109/ICIMIA.2017.7975579.
- Presented paper titled “Combined Approach of Image Enhancement and Wavelet Feature Extraction for Plant Leaf Classification” in International Conference on Signal, Image Processing Communication and Automation (ICSIPCA), conducted by JSSATE, Bengaluru from 6th July – 7th July, 2017.
- Presented the paper titled “Hybrid model of feature extraction for Plant Leaf Classification” at International Conference on Circuits, Controls, Communication and Computing (I4C-2016) held during 4th – 6th October 2016 at MSRIT,
- Presented paper titled “A Comparison-Free sorting algorithm with an Improved Time complexity” at 10th National Conference on Advances in Information Technology, organized by of ISE, SJBIT, B’luru, held on 9th May, 2018.
- Presented paper titled “A new modified sorting algorithm: A Comparison with state of Art” at 4th National Conference in Advancements in Information Technology, NCAIT-2018 organized by of ISE, JSSATEB, B’luru, held on 7th May, 2018.
- Presented a paper on “Techniques for Quality assessment of food products” in National Conference on Computational Simulation & its Applications, at Sri SaiRam college of Engineering, 2015.
Patent / Copyright
|Patent||202041025399 A||Smart watering pot.||FER – in process|
|Patent||202022100016||Intelligent IOT device for Automating Fingerprints using machine Learning and statistical payload Fingerprints.||Published|
- Represented and participated in Women’s Badminton and secured Runner-up position in Annual Inter Collegiate Staff Tournament of PES University, Bangalore held from 25th to 27th Feb 2021.
- Represented and participated in Women’s Badminton and secured Runner-up position in Annual Inter Collegiate Staff Tournament- 2022 of PES University, Bangalore.
- Represented and participated in Shrighanda Charity Badminton tournament (2021) and secured
- Runner-up position in Women’s Singles.
- Winners in Women’s doubles.
- Represented and participated in Women’s Badminton and secured Winners position in Annual Inter Collegiate Staff Tournament of BMS-SOA, Bangalore in 2021.