Dr. Chaitra M
Designation: Associate Professor
Area of specialization: Computer Science and Engineering
Date of Joining BNMIT: 19.10.2023
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct): Regular
No. of years of Experience:
Teaching: 14+ years
Research: 6+ Years
|Jain University, Bengaluru||April 2023||Awarded|
|M.Tech (CSE)||MVJ College of Engineering (MVJCE), Bengaluru||October 2009||FCD|
|B.E (ISE)||Acharya Institute of Technology, Bengaluru||July 2006||FC|
|1.||Associate Professor||BNM Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, India.||Oct 2023-Till Date|
|2.||Associate Professor||SJB Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, India||July 2023-Oct 2023|
|3.||Assistant Professor||SJB Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, India||July 2012-July 2023|
|4.||Lecturer||Atria Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, India||July 2009-July 2012|
|5.||Internship Trainee||ISRO RADAR Development Unit, Bengaluru, India||July 2007-Oct 2007|
Awards / Recognition
- Certificate of appreciation for delivering the talk as a Resource person and sharing knowledge on Machine Learning and Deep Learning at Ghousia College of Engineering, Ramanagara, Karnataka, 12th Dec 2022
- Certificate of appreciation for delivering the talk on Python Programming – Five Days FDP, organized by the Mechanical Department, SJB Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, on 20th Oct 2022
- Recognized as an evaluator/judge in Student Project Exhibition-2023 (ISE, SJBIT); by addressing students and sharing research experience on different domains on 3rd May 2023.
- Recognized as Reviewer for the Springer-Q1 “International Journal of Multimedia Information Retrieval” from March 2023 to till Date
Industry / Institutional Collaboration
- Initiated MOU with Indian Tech-Keys – Born To Innovate, Bengaluru, on 22nd January 2022, focusing on Internship training for U.G. and G. students and providing Guest Lectures.
- Initiated MOU with Eucrypt Technologies Pvt. Ltd, Bengaluru, on 13th March 2021, mainly focusing on Placements with good packages from 8 to 10 lakh, Internship training and providing Guest Lectures
Reviewer in International Journal and Conference
- Working as Reviewer for the Springer-Q1 International Journal of Multimedia Information Retrieval from March 2023 to till Date.
- Working as Reviewer for the International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJECE-Q3) from October 2023 to till Date.
- Worked as Reviewer for the IEEE-Second International Conference on Advanced Technologies in Intelligent Control, Environment, Computing and Communication Engineering (ICATIECE-2022) at DSATM, Bengaluru, 2023
- Worked as Reviewer for the IEEE-International Conference on Applied Intelligence & Sustainable Computing (ICAISC-2023) at Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara College of Engineering and Technology, Dharwad, 16th -17th June 2023
- Worked as Reviewer for the IEEE-International Conference on Networks, Multimedia and Information Technology (NMITCON), September 2023.
- Worked as a DCS (External Examiner) at BNMIT, Bengaluru, from July to October 2023
- Worked as Project Coordinator at SJB Institute of Technology, Bengaluru
- Worked as a Coordinator for the Third International Conference on Integrated Intelligent Computing Communication & Security, Atlantis Highlights in Computer Science held at SJBIT, 2021
- Worked as an Organizing Committee Member for the Second International Conference on Integrated Intelligent Computing, Communication & Security held at SJBIT in January 2018
- Worked as a Magazine Coordinator, Newsletter Coordinator, Guest Lecture Coordinator, Anti- Ragging Coordinator, Social Media Team and many more.
- Initiated and organized C Coding Challenge, around 259 students are participated from all departments, in August 2019.
- Actively coordinated with many Workshops and FDP.
- Active Member of NAAC and NBA (Criteria 3) accreditation
- Guided many UG. and PG. projects.
- VTU Paper Setting done for both UG and PG.
- Prepared course material for “Deep Learning”.
- Recommended many students for Higher Education in US/UK/Australian universities, helped them pursue their M.S. in Machine Learning and Computer Vision areas, and continuously followed their progress (alumni).
Successfully completed NPTEL Courses with FDP certification on
- Leadership and Effectiveness (12 Week Course) in 2023
- Stress Management (4 Week Course) in 2022
- Research Methodology (8 Week Course), 2019
- Introduction to Machine Learning (ELITE), IIT Kharagpur (8 Week Course), 2019
Successfully completed Udemy Courses to build in-demand career skills on
- Python Image Processing with Scikit-image in 2019
- Computer Vision on Raspberry Pi in 2020
Membership in Professional Bodies
Associate Member of Institute of Engineers, India
Life Member of the International Association of Engineers (IAENG)
Participation in Training Courses/Seminars/Workshops
|Sl. No||Title /Program Name||Held At||Date & Duration|
|1||Wipro Mission10X Workshop||Atria Institute of Technology||03.08.2010 & 5 Days|
|2||Workshop on Software Testing and Quality Assurance||Acharya Institute of Technology||22.01.2013 & 3 Days|
|3||FDP on Cloud Computing||SJBIT||18.09.2013 & 1 Day|
|4||FDP on Research Advances in Computer Science and Engineering||SJBIT||27.01.14 & 5 Days|
|5||FDP Knowledge Discovery and its Application||SJBIT||18.01.15 & 6 Days|
|6||FDP on Machine Intelligence and Image Processing||SJBIT||20.07.15 & 5 Days|
|7||Workshop on Latex and Its Applications||SJBIT||24.07.15 & 2 Days|
|8||FDP on Real Time WSN & Network Simulator||SJBIT||18.07.16 & 6 Days|
|9||Workshop on Machine Learning with Python and R-tool||SJBIT||16.01.17 & 6 Days|
|10||FDP on OOP with JAVA||RNSIT||31.01.17 & 1 Day|
|11||Digital Professional Development Conducted by Creative Infotech||SJBIT||16.3.17 & 15 Days|
|12||Apple Certification Training||SJBIT||16.3.17 & 10 Days|
|13||FDP on AI/ML||SJBIT||27.12.17 & 1 Day|
|14||BootCamp on Deep learning||BMSCE||7.6.18 & 1 Day|
|15||Workshop On ML||SJBIT||9.7.18 & 6 Days|
|16||FDP on ML: Techniques and Tools||JSSATE||12.2018 & 5 Days|
Two-Day National Open Workshop on “Getting Aligned to the
|18||Online FDP on “Data Sciences” from at|
|2020-9-28 to 2020-10-2|
Webinar on “Research
Opportunities in Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning “
Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology, under Computer Society of
|20||How to Write Proposals for Funding||ATME College of Engineering||31.12.2020|
Webinar on Outcome
Based Education and Accreditation
|22||National Level FDP on Cloud Infrastructure (AWS)||Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology||21-8-23 to 25-8-23|
|23||Cybersecurity and its role in Healthcare today||NPTEL E-Learn||13-10-2023|
Expertise / list of Subjects handled
- Machine Learning,
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning,
- NoSQL Database,
- Cryptography, Network Security and Cyber Laws,
- Data Mining and Data Warehousing,
- Python Application Programming,
- Analysis and Design of Algorithms,
- Object-oriented Programming in C++,
- Database Management Systems,
- Computer Concepts of ‘C’ Programming,
- Data Structures with C,
- Discrete Mathematical Structures,
- Graph Theory and Combinatorics,
- Operating Systems,
- Information Network
- Information Security,
- Machine Learning Techniques,
- Blockchain Technology,
- Deep Learning
- Scientific research interests include Image Processing, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Crypotography.
- Working towards Research projects.
- Worked with real-time images/videos.
- Chaitra Y.L., Dinesh R. (2022) An Impact of Radon Transforms and Filtering Techniques for Text Localization in Natural Scene Text Images. ICT with Intelligent Applications. Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies, vol Springer, Singapore, pp. 563-573. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-4177-0_55 [Springer-Scopus-Q3-Book Chapter]
- Chaitra, Y.L., Dinesh, R. et al. (2021) Deep-CNNTL: Text Localization from Natural Scene Images Using Deep Convolution Neural Network with Transfer Arab J Sci Eng. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13369-021-06309-9 [Springer-Scopus-Q1-Journal, Web of Science, SCIE]
- Lokkondra, C.Y., Ramegowda, D. et al. (2021). ETDR: An exploratory view of text detection and recognition in images and videos. Revue d’Intelligence Artificielle, Vol. 35, No. 5, pp. 383-393. https://doi.org/10.18280/ria.350504 [IIETA-Scopus, Q4-Journal, Publons, DBLP].
- Chaitra, Y.L., Dinesh, R. et al. (2022). DEFUSE: Deep Fused End-to-End Video Text Detection and Revue d’Intelligence Artificielle, Vol. 36, No. 3, pp. 459-466. https://doi.org/10.18280/ria.360314 [Scopus, DBLP, Publons, Q4].
- Gowda, V.B., Thimmaiah, G.M., Jaishankar, M., Lokkondra, C.Y. (2023). Background-foreground segmentation using Multi-scale Attention Net (MA-Net): A deep learning Revue d’Intelligence Artificielle, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 557-565. https://doi.org/10.18280/ria.370304 [Scopus, Q3-Journal].
- Chaitra Y.L et al. (2023) Text Detection System from Images and Video Frames using Hybrid Approach for Cyber Forensics. [Communicated]
- Chaitra Y.L et al. (2023) Real-time Machine Vision System for the Visually Impaired. [SN Computer Science, Scopus, Q3-Journal, Communicated]
- Chaitra, Y.L., Dinesh, R. et al. (2022). An Impact of YOLOv5 on Text Detection and Recognition System using TesseractOCR in Images/Video Frames, 2022 IEEE International Conference on Data Science and Information System (ICDSIS), India, 1-6 https://10.1109/ICDSIS55133.2022.9915927 [IEEE, Scopus].
- Rajashree S., Chaitra Y.L (2023). Secure communication between groups of Smart IoT devices over the IPv6 network, 2022 Second International Conference on Advanced Technologies in Intelligent Control, Environment, Computing & Communication Engineering (ICATIECE), https://10.1109/ICATIECE56365.2022.10047733 [IEEE, Scopus].
- Chaitra Y.L (2023). Text Detection and Recognition from the Scene Images using RCNN and ICT with Intelligent Applications. Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-99-3761-5_8 [Springer-Scopus-Q3-Book Chapter]
- Laxmi Shabadi, Chaitra Y.L et al. (2023). “Youtube Spam Detection Scheme Using Stacked Ensemble Machine Learning Model”. 2023 IEEE International Conference on Networks, Multimedia and Information Technology (NMITCON). https://10.1109/NMITCON58196.2023.10276002 [IEEE, Scopus]
Title of the Invention: “Person Re-Identification Using Machine Learning Approaches in Video Surveillance”, Applicant: Chaitra and Team, Application Number: 202141036938, Complete Specification Filing Date: 15/08/2021, Published Date: 20/08/2021
Title of the Book: Introduction to Machine Learning Algorithms for Beginners, Name of the publisher: Scientific International Publishing House, International Standard Book Number (ISBN): 978-93-5625-140-3, Year: 2022
- Chaitra Y.L et al.,”Command computation and information security on satellite”, New Horizon College of Engineering, 25th oct 2013, pp. 88-90.
- Chaitra Y.L et al., “Analysis on mobile cloud computing”, Sapthagiri College of Engineering, 11th May 2013, pp. 33-37.
- Chaitra Y.L et al., “A collaborative approach to detect phishing attack”, R.L Jalappa Institute of Technology, 21st May 2013, pp. 232-236.
- Chaitra Y.L et al., “Survey on optimizing test cases for object-oriented software”, MVJ college of Engineering, 5th Oct 2012, pp.96-99.
- Hobbies: Listening to Music, Reading Books
- Sports: Badminton, Throwball