Ph.D Full time 3 years
Part Time 4 years
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering houses VTU recognized R&D Center which offers PhD degree in CSE for research aspirants. The research Center facilitates and encourages research culture among all the faculty. It has understood the need for integrating meaningful research activities with academics to enhance the scholastic standards in teaching and the quality of output. In line with the vision of making this Center of excellence, department guides the research scholar with a clear focus on the way the activities of research must progress.
Innovative research activities help the faculty members to stay in touch with the emerging technologies in their areas of expertise. Many faculty members are carrying out their research in core and applied research areas. It brings new industry relevant technology to enable higher level of learning foster integrated learning and encourage faculty to take up research.
It follows the key ethical principles that should underlie the research endeavor. The breadth and nature of research sparks imaginative and inventive insights and solutions, while generating innovations with real-world impact.
International/National conferences, presentations, seminars, workshops, panel discussions, Faculty Development programs, Robust schedule of colloquia on current topics in research and technology were conducted in the institution to give emphasis to the significance of research culture. Faculties involving in research work are encouraged by providing them the required infrastructure and high-end instrumentation.
Areas of research that faculty members are working on are:
• Computer Vision
• Image Processing
• Data mining
• Wireless Sensor Networks
• Artificial Intelligence
Admission to the M.Sc.(Engg) by Research Course shall be open to candidates who satisfy any of the following requirements:
- Candidates who have passed B.E. / B.Tech. Examination of VTU or B.E. / B.Tech. of any other recognized University, recognized by this University as equivalent there to or any other examination recognized by this University as equivalent thereto and have passed the prescribed qualifying examination with not less than 60% of the marks in the aggregate, in the examinations of the semesters considered for the declaration of class/grade. However, a relaxation to the extent of 10% shall be allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST and any other category as notified by Government of Karnataka from time to time.
- Teaching / Research Staff / Teaching Assistants, working in any Engineering College and Polytechnic Institutions recognised by AICTE either in the State of Karnataka or outside, who have passed B.E / B.Tech. Examination and put in a minimum of one year of teaching experience in Engineering Colleges / Research Organizations and sponsored by the respective Institutions / DTE in case of aided institutions.
- Employees of the State Government/Central Government/Quasi Government Organizations/Public Sector Industries/Reputed Private Industries, who have passed B.E./B.Tech. Examination and put in a minimum of one year of working experience and are sponsored by the concerned Organizations.
- Awardees of research fellowship by nationally recognised bodies like CSIR etc., provided they have B.E. / B.Tech. Examination and put in a minimum of one year of working experience.
- NRI/FN/PIOs who have passed the B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent examination recognized by VTU as equivalent to UG Engineering Degree Programme, with medium of instruction in English or qualified TOFEL/ELTS. Such candidates shall be able to communicate and to submit the synopsis of Dissertation work in English language only.
Career opportunities for Computer Science & Engineering Graduates
- Software Developer / Engineer
- Database Administrator
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Computer and Information Research Scientists
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Full Stack Web Developer
- Mobile Application Developer
- Big Data Engineer
- Data Scientist / Analyst
- Block Chain Developer
Why BNMIT for this course ?
1. R&D facility in the department supports research scholars to access e-journals, titles, conference proceedings.
2. Well equipped laboratory to conduct investigations is in place.
3. Eminent professors and research scholars round the globe are invited for interaction with our research scholars for knowledge sharing and collaborative works.
How To Apply ?
The candidate shall submit his / her application for registration to the University in the prescribed form along with other necessary documents viz., degree certificate, marks cards of all examinations, employers’ certificate and no objection certificate from the employer, consent of the Guide, through the Head of the Institution where the candidate intends to do research.
The Head of the Institution shall forward the application of the candidate along with the Bio-Data of the Guide, his/ her degree certificate and list of Research Publications to the University. In case of employed candidates, no objection certificate from the employers for pursuing research shall be necessary.