This post was last updated on July 9th, 2021
Designation : Assistant Professor
Area of specialization :Deep Learning
Date of Joining BNMIT :
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id :
No. of years of Experience : Nil
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing||% of marks obtained|
|M.Tech(CSE)||NIT Durgapur, West Bengal||June 2020||9.12 (CGPA)|
|B.E(CSE)||Government Engineering College, Hassan, Karnataka||August 2017||74.6%|
|1||Assistant Professor||BNM Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India||October 2020 – till date|
Awards and Achievements
- Qualified NET for Assistant Professor in Computer Science and Applications with 99.34 percentile.
- Qualified GATE (Computer Science and Information Technology) in 2017 with AIR 2618 and in 2018 with AIR 2712 (percentile – 97.48)
- CGPA 10 in CBSE 10th
- AIR 881 in 10thNational Science Olympiad (percentile – 97).
Expertise / list of Subjects handled
- Deep Learning
- Computer Vision
- N J Karthika, and S. Chandran, “Recent Developments in Pedestrian Detection Using Deep Learning”, 2019 International Conference on Computing, Communication, and Intelligent Systems (ICCCIS), Greater Noida, India, pp. 353-358, 2019.
- Karthika N.J., Chandran S. (2020), Addressing the False Positives in Pedestrian Detection. In: Mallick P.K., Meher P., Majumder A., Das S.K. (eds) Electronic Systems and Intelligent Computing. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, vol 686. Springer.
- Reading novels
- Playing badminton
- Kho kho – Played in Kendriya Vidyalaya regional level kho kho meet in 2008 and 2009. 1ststandby for KV nationals in 2009.