Dr. Smitha Gayathri D
Designation : Associate Professor
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : email@example.com
No. of years of Experience : 14 years
|Degree||Institution||Year of Passing|
|Ph.D||RVCE, VTU, Belagavi||2023|
|M.Tech||Adhiyamaan College of Engineering||2014|
|B. E||Bangalore College of Engineering and Technology (VTU)||2006|
Experience: 9 Years
|1||Associate Professor||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||04.10.2023 –TILL PRESENT|
|2||Asst. Professor||RNSIT, Bangalore, India||14.03.2022 to 30.09.2023|
|3||Asst. Professor||DBIT, Bangalore, India||27.07.2017 to 24.02.2022|
|4||Asst. Professor||Adhiyaman College of Engineering||06.06.2014 to 15.07.2017|
|5||Lecturer||Oxford College||04.07.2011 to 18.05.2012|
|6||R& D Engineer||AGS Company (IRA. Pvt. Ltd)||15.11.2006 to 28.10.2009|
- TESSOLVE S C (https://www.tessolve.com) – 2/6/2023 placement and internship.
- Bullwork Mobility Pvt Ltd (https://www.bullworkmobility.com) – 20/06/2022- Provided Internship for 14 students, including Electrical Department students.
- Liquid Instruments(https://www.liquidinstruments.com) – Providing Inhouse Internships for Final year students by using MOKO-Go Kits.
- Conducted Workshop on MATLAB for 1st year and 2nd year students on 27th and 28th February 2023.
- Organized and Coordinated for the workshop on Introduction to MATLAB and its
Application for Engineering Research and Academia from MATHWORKS Corel Tech
on 15/9/2022 and 16/9/2022.
- Organized and Coordinated Introduction to FPGA Families and Architecture PYNQ Z2
and XILINX VIVADO from Corel Technology on 9/2/2023.
- Resource Person for the FDP on Simulation of Electronics circuits using Multisim, PSpice
and Labview organized by ECE Department on 26/09/2022 to 30/09/2022.
- Skill development coordinator from ECE department, Organised JALNAMAN program.
- VGST Proposals
- K-FIST- L1: Karnataka Fund for Infrastructure Strengthening in Science & Technology (K-FIST L1) Submitted VGST Proposal Application No. VRN/001037/22-23 VLSI TESTING AND VALIDATION LABORATORY
- Application For Faculty Development Programme (FDP)
Submitted VGST Proposal Application No. VRN/001037/22-23 Evolution of Electric Vehicles and Robotics in Agriculture.
- Application For Faculty Development Programme (FDP)
Submitted VGST Proposal Application No. VRN/000902/21-22 Smart Energy Management Using 1OT platform for Smart Cities.
- Research Proposal/Seminar Submitted–
Submitted VGST Proposal Application No. VRN/002359/20-21Recent Trends in Communication Systems: Data Transmission over Residential Powerline.
Patent – “Artificial Intelligence IOT based wrist band for COVID -19” patient No. 202141003024.
- Coordinator for MATLAB Chapter
- Coordinator for Tessolve Semiconductor placement activity.
- Coordinating for ISRO project from ECE Department.
- Coordinator for Mathwork and MATLAB coordinator
- Semester Elective allotment process
- R&D activity Monitoring
- IA Marks Entry Monitoring
- Class Teacher
- Lab Incharge
Awards and Achievements:
- Research paper received award– The Bangalore ComSoc chapter, Protsahan 2nd Edition, was launched to recognize contributions in the Communication Sector by granting awards to any paper published.
- The 46th Series of Student Project Programme 2022-23, Students Project Proposal approved
by sponsorship by KCST Project, Project Title Low Latency Microcontroller based on FPV.
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- Basic Signal Processing
- Circuit and Control System
- Engineering statistics and Linear algebra
- Antenna and Wave Propagation
- Field Theory/ Electromagnetic Waves
- Computer Organization
- Digital Communication
- Advance Communication lab
- BSP Lab
- Research Interest : Powerline Communication
- Funding Received : NIL
- Patents : NIL
International Journals :
- D Smitha Gayathri, K R Usha Rani, “Adaptive impedance matching system for broadband power line communication using RC-filters”, in Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12652-022-03738-8. (Q1 Journal)
Research paper received award– The Bangalore ComSoc chapter, Protsahan 2nd Edition, was launched to recognize contributions in the Communication Sector by granting awards to any paper published.
- Smitha Gayathri and K. R. Usha Rani, “Analysis of Impedance Matching Technique on Broadband Powerline Communication Network Topologies”, ICT Analysis and Applications, Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems 314, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-5655-2_85. (Q3 Journal)
- Presented paper” Adapting the Effect of Impulse Noise in Broadband Power-Line Communication” in International Conference on Cybernetics, Cognition and Machine Learning Applications (ICCCMLA 2021) on 21st and 22nd August 2021. Published in Springer Nature.
- Published Scopus Indexed Journal “Adapting the Effect of Asynchronous Impulsive Noise using Interleaving Based on Compound Signal Classification in Broad Plc” International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE) ISSN: 2278-3075, Volume-9 Issue-2, December 2019.
- Published” Broadband Transmission Over Residential Power Lines Employing Vdsl2: The Impedance Matching Analysis” International Journal of Advanced Research Trends in Engineering and Technology (IJARTET)Vol. 5, Special Issue 3, January 2018
- Published “Optical flow based Multiple object Detection and Tracking system in Static and Dynamic Environment” in International Organization of Scientific Research(IOSR) e-ISSN: 2278-2834,p- ISSN: 2278-8735.Volume 9, Issue 1 V (Feb. 2014), PP 09-16.
Papers under publication Process
- “Machine learning and Image Processing Techniques used for Development of Fasteners Sorting System” Intelligent Systems and Applications in Engineering, 11(10s), 529–534. Retrieved from https://ijisae.org/index.php/IJISAE/article/view/3308.(Q3)
- “Optimal Impedance matching system for Broadband PLC for maximizing signal to noise ratio” EAI Endorsed Transactions on scalable Information system. Under Review (Q3)
- “Topology Estimation and Analysis of Broadband Plc Using SELT” International Conference on Communication Systems, ICOCS-2023, NIT PUDUCHERRY
National Journals: 2
- Participated in National Conference on Frontiers in Communication and Signal Processing Systems and presented a paper entitled “A wireless System for the Tracking of Stolen Vehicles”
- Participated in IETE Student Forum CCCS 2K13 A Two days Nation level technical Symposium and presented a paper entitled “Development of Optical flow Based moving object detection and tracking system”
Won Medals in Sports at College level in Shotput, Discus throw, Javelin Throw.
Runner Up in Throw ball ECE team.
- Hobbies: Reading Books, Travelling, Cooking
- Sports: Badminton, Throw ball
- Music: Listening to Indian classical music
- Others: Trekking, Driving