Project title : GPGPU Computing for computationally complex problems
Primary Investigator: Dr. Saritha Chakrasali
Funding Agency: VGST
Period: 2 years (2019-20 to 2020-21)
Grant Amount: 20 lakhs ( 10 lakhs per year)
Position held in University bodies:
Dr. Krishnamurthy G.N was the Registrar (Evaluation) of Visvesvaraya Technological University, Chairman / Member of several Inspection Committees of Visvesvaraya Technological University, Member of Academic Senate, Member Board of Examiners, Paper Setter, examiner of UG/PG and Ph.D. Programmes.
R & D center – The Research scholars and faculty members are utilizing CS & E Research and Development centre and actively involved in research activities and have received various grants from different organizations. The students and staff are encouraged to participate in research work. Some of the areas where research has been carried out by the faculties are Data Mining, Computer Networks and Information Security & Image Processing.
The publication details of the staff are as follows
|2||Dr. Krishnamurthy G N||16||169||6||6|
|4||Dr. Kiran Y C||36||3||1||0|
|4||Dr. Vimuktha Evangeleen Salis||19||8||2||0|
|8||Mr. Vijay Kumar S||10||4||1||0|
|9||Mr. Manjunath G. S||6|
|11||Mrs. Yashaswini H M||2||1||1|
Ramyavathsala C V, Dr. Shashikala“saraNi – An IoT based pathfinder” published in International Journal of Advance Research, Ideas and Innovations in Technology, Vol 4, issue 3, June 2018.
Vidyarani K, Dr. Shashikala, “Nitrogen content in rice leaf and weed in the crop row”, published in International Journal of Advance Research, Ideas and Innovations in Technology, Vol 4, issue 3, June 2018
Rini Harshita, Shashikala, “An Efficient Data Acquisition in Wireless Sensor Network for a 5 Transfaulty Network”, International Journal of Trend in Research and Development, Volume 4(4),pp526-531, Jul-Aug 2017.
Swathi.K.A, Shashikala “PULSE: A Health Monitoring Solution for astronauts Utilizing Big Data and MachineLearning Methodologies”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 6, Issue 5, May 2017 pp 9026-9032.
Vinay B M S, Smt. Shashikala, “TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT USING LOW ENERGY BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY”, International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering & Research (IJRTER), Volume 02, Issue 08; August – 2016 [ISSN: 2455-1457].
Aishwarya A S, Shashikala“Performance Analysis of C4.5 and SVM Algorithm using MapReduce”, International Journal of Current Trends in Engineering & Research (IJCTER)e-ISSN 2455–1392 Volume 2 Issue 8, August 2016 pp. 17 – 22, Scientific Journal Impact Factor: 3.468.
Harini S, Dr.Saritha Chakrasali, Dr.Krishnamurthy G N, “A Survey on Food Grain Identification Techniques”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Volume 7, Issue 6, June 2018, p-ISSN 2347-6710, e-ISSN: 2319-8753.
Shailaja A and Dr. Krishnamurthy G N, “LOW AREA FPGA IMPLEMENTATION OF DROMCSLA-QTL ARCHITECTURE FOR CRYPTOGRAPHIC APPLICATIONS” International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications (IJNSA) Vol. 10, No.3, May 2018.
Girija J, Dr.Krishanamurthy G N, Dr. P. Chenna Reddy, “4D Medical Image Registration: A Survey” International Conference on Intelligent Sustainable Systems organized by SCAD Institute of Technology, Palladam, Tamil Nadu, 7th and 8th December 2017.
Girija J, Dr.Krishanamurthy G N, Dr. P. Chenna Reddy, “Gradient analysis of 3D image sequence using DTCWT and DD DTCWT” International conference on Science, Technology & Management, at Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers, Bengaluru, on 24th September 2017.
Soumya Hundekar and Dr. Saritha Chakrasali, “Detection and classification of breast cancer using support vector machine and artificial neural network using contourlet transform”, ICTACT Journal on image and video processing, February 2019, volume: 09, issue: 03, ISSN: 0976- 9102 (online).
Soumya Hundekar and Dr. Saritha Chakrasali, “An Identification of Breast Cancer Disease by Using ANN Using Contourlet Transform”, IJSRD – International Journal for Scientific Research & Development, Vol. 6, Issue 11, 2019 , ISSN (online): 2321-0613
Soumya Hundekar and Saritha Chakrasali, “An observation and categorization of breast cancer utilizing support vector and artificial neural networks using discrete wavelet transform”, ICTACT Journal on Soft Computing: Special Issue on Artificial intelligence 3 and deep learning, January 2019, volume 9, issue 2, ISSN: 2229-6956, DOI:10.21917/ijsc.2019.0257
Harini S, Dr. Saritha Chakrasali, Dr. Krishnamurthy G N, “A Survey on Food Grain Identification Techniques”, published in International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (IJIRSET), ISSN(Online): 2319-8753, ISSN (Print): 2347-6710, Volume 7, Issue 6, June 2018, Page No. 6627-6633
Rajalakshmi K.R., Dr. Saritha Chakrasali, ” Detection of Diabetic Retinopathy using Wavelet Transform and SVM Classifier”, published in International Journal for Research in Applied Science and Engineering Technology (IJRASET), Volume 5, Issue V, May 2017, Page No. 666-670
Roopashree C.S., Dr. Saritha Chakrasali “Image Storage Optimization using Deduplication”, published in International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Research (IJSER), Volume 5 Issue 5, May 2017, Page No. 57 – 58
Namrata Pratap Simha, Vishwas Manohar, Sudarshan Suresh M., Dheeraj D. Bhat, Dr. Saritha Chakrasali, “Rule-based Simple
English Sentence Correction by Rearrangement of Words”, published in International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research(IJSER) Volume 7, Issue 6, June 2016 Edition. (ISSN 2229-5518), Page No. 7-9
Manasa G., Prathusha J.S., Supriya Y.N., Dr. Saritha Chakrasali, “Multimodal BiometricsFeature Level Fusion of Face and Iris Biometrics”, published in International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT) Special Issue ICIOT – 2016 Conference Proceeding, August 2016 (ISSN: 2278-0181), Page No. 209-214
Saritha Chakrasali, Murugesan Ramachandran, “A Contourlet Transform-based Versatile Watermarking Algorithm for Medical Images”, published in Proceedings of International Conference on VLSI, Communication, Advanced Devices, Signals & Systems and Networking (VCASAN-2013), Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering 258, DOI: 10.1007/978-81-322-1524- 0_33, Springer India, Page No.263, 2013.
Saritha Chakrasali, Sumathi Mahadevan, Raman Bhaskaran, Murugesan Ramachandran, Technical paper titled “Secure Dual Watermarking in the Wavelet Domain for Teleradiology”, published in 4 International Conference on Advances in Information and Communication Technologies (ICICOT07), ISBN 0230634370 Macmillan Publisher, Page No. 312-316, 2007.
Ashiranka, Kiran Y.C, ‘Space invaders: “an educational game in virtual reality’, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume: 05 Issue: 06, pp-1504-1507, e-ISSN: 2395-0056, p-ISSN: 2395-0072, June 2018, Impact Factor: 6.171
Nirmitha Nagaraj, Kiran Y.C,’Offline Signature Authentication system using Machine Learning’, i-manager’s Journal on Pattern Recognition (JPR), Vol. 5, Issue No. 1, ISSN 2349-7912, March-May 2018.IF:0.171
Ambuja K, Kiran Y.C,’Determination and Classification of Blood Groups Using Image processing Techniques’, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume: 05 Issue: 05, pp 522-526, e-ISSN: 2395-0056, p-ISSN: 2395-0072, May 2018, Impact Factor: 6.171
Nirmitha Nagaraj, Kiran Y.C, ’Offline Signature Verification using Neural Network’, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume: 05 Issue: 05, pp-4206-4211, e-ISSN: 2395-0056, p-ISSN: 2395-0072, May 2018, Impact Factor: 6.171
Krupashankari, Kiran Y.C, ’A Survey on Offline Recognition of South Indian Scripts’, International Journal of Advanced Research in Science and Engineering, Volume 06, Issue 08, PP–79-86, ISBN: 978-93-86171-60-3, ISSN:2319-8354 August -2017
Suki, Kiran Y.C, ‘Arterial Bisection, Reformation and Alignment of Femoral Nerve in USG Anesthesia Technique’, Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research, IJIR, Volume 3, Issue 7, PP-527-534, ISSN: 2454-1362, July 2017
Divyashree, Kiran Y.C ‘Malicious Node Detection by Identification of Gray and Black Hole attacks using Control Packets in MANETs’, Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research, IJIR, Volume 3, Issue 1, PP-1-5, ISSN: 2454-1362, July 2017
Usha, Kiran Y.C, ‘Secure and Efficient Data integrity proof and recovering data for identity-based proxy-oriented data uploading in cloud computing (IB-PODUC)’, Global Journal of Engineering Science and Research Management, GJESRM, Volume 4, pp.51-57, ISSN 2349- 4506, May 2017, Impact Factor: 2.785
Suki, Kiran Y.C,’ Survey on Assessment of Carotid Arties using Various Segmentation Techniques’, Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research, IJIR, Volume 4, Issue 5, PP-1067- 1071, ISSN: 2454-1362, May 2017.
Ashwini H.K, Kiran Y.C, ’Multilevel Security for Highly Sensitive Cover Image based on RDH using Histogram Shifting’, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, IJIRSET-2016, ISSN 2347-6710, Vol:5, Issue: 4, PP(5243-5247) – 2016 1
Chethan Kumar, Kiran Y.C, Kannada Handwritten Character Segmentation using Curved line and Recognition using Support Vector Machine’, International Journal of Combined Research & Development IJCRD 2016, ISSN 2321-2241, Vol:5; Issue 4, 2016, pp (641-645)-2016 1
Vandana K.V, Kiran Y.C, ‘CHUI-concise and lossless representation of HUI’s’ International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, IJIRSET-2016, ISSN 2347-6710, Vol:5, Issue: 4, 2016
Soumya, Kiran Y.C,’Collaborative Bandwidth aggregation for Faster streaming of video’, International Journal of Current Trends in Engineering and Research, IJCTER -2016, Volume 2, Issue 5, pp. 20-26, ISSN 2455-1392, May-2016.
Vandana, Kiran Y.C‘A Comparative survey on representation on Closed+ High Utility Itemsets (CHUIs)’, 5th National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering Technologies, ETET 2016, Jyothi Institute of Technology, Bengaluru,
Ashwini H.K, Kiran Y.C, A Survey on Encryption of images using Reversible Data Hiding technique’, 5th National Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering Technologies, ETET 2016, Jyothi Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, 2016
Soumya Chidambara, Kiran Y.C, ‘Survey on streaming video with neighboring nodes’, National Conference on Computing Technologies, NCCTT 2016, K.S School of Engineering and Management, Bengaluru, 2016.
“Obstacle Detection for the Visually Impaired Using Arduino”, IEEE Xplore: 10 October 2019, DOI: 10.1109/ICOEI.2019.8862635 2. “Conversational Assistant Based on Sentimental Analysis”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) e-ISSN: 2395-0056 Volume: 06 Issue: 08, August 2019.
“Tracking and Recognition of Multiple Human and Non-Human Activities”, International Journal of Engineering and Innovations in Technology, Vol 6, Issue 8, August 2019.
“Sketch Recognition for Image Classification and Retrieval”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) Vol. 8 Issue 07, July- 2019.
“A Novel Approach to Improve the LZW data compression Algorithm”, International Journal of Advance Research, Ideas, and Innovations in Technology, Vol 5, Issue 2, May-June 2019.
“Sketch Recognition for Image Classification and Retrieval”, International Journal of Management, Technology, and Engineering, Vol IX, Issue 5, May 2019 Pg: 4444-4449.
“Survey of Techniques to Estimate the Age and Gender of a Person using Face Images”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) Vol. 8 Issue 06, June- 2019.
“Prediction of Gold Stock Market Using Hybrid Approach” Emerging Research in Electronics, Computer Science and Technology Springer Lecture Notes, Chapter No:70, Chapter DOI.: 10.1007/978-981-13-5802-9_70.
“Survey on Sentiment Analysis”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) Vol. 8 Issue 04, April- 2019
“A Survey on Human Action Recognition”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) e-ISSN: 2395-0056 Volume: 06 Issue: 05 May 2019.
“An Efficient Approach for Document Categorization using Weighted Sum”, Data Science, Machine Learning & Applications, Springer Nature Book accepted for publishing.
“A Comparative Study of Indian Food Image Classification Using K-Nearest-Neighbour and Support-Vector-Machines”, International Journal of Engineering &Technology, Vol 7 (3.12), 2018, Page No 521-525.
“Prediction of Gold Stock Market Using HMM Approach”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume: 05 Issue: 06 | June 2018, 2268-2272.
“Nearest Keyword Set Search Queries On Multidimensional Datasets”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol. 7 (6), June 2018, 208-211.
“A Hybrid Method for Text Extraction from Mosaiced Image of Text Dominant Video”, (IJCSIT) International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, Vol. 7 (3, 1061-1068), 2016.
Srividhya S., Prakash S., Elangovan K. (2020) “3D Reconstruction of an Indoor Environment Using SLAM with Modified SURF and A-KAZE Feature Extraction Algorithm”. In: Pandian A., Ntalianis K., Palanisamy R. (eds) Intelligent Computing, Information and Control Systems. ICICCS 2019. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 1039. Springer, Cham, Print ISBN: 978-3-030-30464-5, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-30465-2_16, (Book Chapter) .
Rishika Jain H S, Pranatha R Rao, Ranga Hrushikesh R, Prajwal P, Srividhya S, “Intelligent Traffic Signal Control System Using Ann” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume 6, Issue 5, May 2019, pp. 8151-8154, ISSN: 6038-6040.
Latha.B, Nischitha.U, S.Srividhya, “Human Heart Disease Prediction Using Ensemble Learning And Particle Swarm Optimization”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume 6, Issue 5, May 2019, pp. 8151-8154, ISSN: 2395-0056.
Bharati V, Sudarshan Rao M, Aditi J, SG Aditya Bharadwaj4, S Srividhya, “Text extraction from Images using Convolutional Neural Network”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume 6, Issue 5, May 2019, pp. 5356-5360, ISSN: 2395- 0056.
Ron Astle Lobo, Shridhar Suresh Bhat, J Shesha Shankar, and S. Srividhya, “Development of Tourism Information System using Content-Based Filtering, “International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), 7, No. 5 (2018): 370-374, ISSN 2278-0181.
Vidhyashree.N, Mrs. S. Srividhya, “Predictive Maintenance Using IoT” International Journal for Research in Applied Science and Engineering Technology (IJRASET), Volume 5, Issue V, May 2017. pp. 1868-1873, ISSN: 2321-9653
S.SriVidhya, Dr.Prakash.S,” Performance Evaluation of various Feature detection algorithms in VSLAM”, PARIPEX-Indian Journal of Research, Volume 6, Issue 2, February 2017,pp386, ISSN:2250-1991.
Vidhyashree.N, Mrs. S. Srividhya, “A Survey: IoT for Everyone!” International Journal of Scientific Engineering Research (IJSER), Volume 5, Issue 4, April 2017, pp. 35-38, ISSN:2347- 3878.
S.Srividhya, Dr.Prakash S, Dr.K.Elangovan, presented a paper titled “3D Reconstruction of an Indoor Environment using SLAM with Modified SURF and A-KAZE feature extraction algorithm” in the International Conference on Intelligent Computing, Information, and Control Systems (ICICCS-2019) organized by Malla Reddy College of Engineering, Secunderabad, India during 27-28 June 2019.
S.Srividhya, Dr.Prakash S, Dr.K.Elangovan, presented a paper titled “Recreation of 3D models of objects using MAV and Skanect” in the International Conference on IoT, Social, Mobile, Analytics, and Cloud in Computational Vision and Bio-Engineering (ISMAC-CVB 2019), organized by Vivekanandha College of Technology for women during March 13-14, 2019 at Tiruchengode, Tamilnadu, India.
Nagalakshmi S L, Kaveri M, Jagruthi H, “Defense System against Application Layer DDoS attacks with Data Security”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume 6(6), e-ISSN:2395-0056 p-ISSN:2395-0072, June 2019.
Sneha H.P, Preethi Nadiger, Archana M.R, Deekshitha J, and Jagruthi H, “Authorship Attribution using Stylometry”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume 5(5), e-ISSN:2395-0056 p-ISSN:2395-0072, May 2018.
Jagruthi H and Dr. Kavitha C,” Integration of WSN with IoT: A Review on Security Issues”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology ISSN: 2319-8753, Volume-7, Issue-5, May-2018.
Harini S, Dr. Saritha Chakrasali, Dr. Krishnamurthy G N “A Survey on Food Grain Identification Techniques” published in International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (IJIRSET), ISSN(Online): 2319-8753, ISSN (Print): 2347-6710, Volume 7, Issue 6, June 2018, Impact Factor: 7.089.
Pragna Mallikarjuna Swamy, Prithviraj Janardhan Kurapothula, Rachana Ravikumar, Sachin Venkatesha Murthy, Harini S and Dr. Kartik Kashyap, “Voice Assistant and Facial Analysis Based Approach in Screen Test Clinical Depression”, First IEEE International Conference on Advances in Information Technology, July 24 – 27, ICAIT-2019, India.
Harini S, Abhiram V, Rajath Hegde, Samarth Bharadwaj D D, Shreyas S A,” A Smart Driver Alert System for Vehicle Traffic using Image Detection and Recognition Technique”, IEEE International Conference On Recent Trends In Electronics Information Communication Technology, May 19-20, 2017, India.
Vijay Kumar S, “A Survey on Query Optimization and Data Replication Techniques in Wireless Adhoc Networks” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering, and Technology (IJIRSET) Volume 8, Issue 6, June 2019. 2
Vijay Kumar S “Usage of incremental approach in the formulation of collective behavior: A survey” International Journal of Advance Research, Ideas and Innovations in Technology (IJARIIT) volume 5, issue-3, May- June 2019.
Ashwin Kumar H R, Deepika S, G A Priyanka, Neha Bindinganavalle, Manjunath G.S., Published a paper entitled “Detecting Zero-Day Malware” in IJERT, May 2019, Volume 8 & Issue 5.
Syed Haseeb, Madhura Prakash M “Image captioning using Deep Learning”: IJERT volume 8, Issue 5, May 2019
Brinda Hegde, Nagashree H.S, Madhura Prakash M “Sentiment Analysis of Twitter Data: A Machine Learning approach to analyze demonetization tweets”, IRJET, Volume 5 Issue 6 June 2018.
“An IoT based smart water microgrid & smart water tank management system”, emerging research in computing, information, communication & applications, ERICA-2018 – Yashaswini H M, Shubham Kumar, Sushmita Yadav, Sanketh Salvi.
1. The Department of Information Science & Engineering organized two days Boot Camp on “Virtualization and Cloud” in association with BITES, on 23rd and 24th Feb 2019”. The workshop was attended by 60 students of fourth semester from ECE, EEE, CSE & ISE. The purpose of the workshop was to enlighten students about “VMware and cloud computing”.
2. One week faculty development program on “Internet of Everything(IoE)” from 31st July to 5th August 2017,conducted by department of ISE, BNMIT.
3. One week faculty development program on “Artificial Intelligence and its Applications” from 9th to 13th Jan 2017, conducted by department of ISE, BNMIT.
4. One week faculty development program on “Cloud Computing” from 11th to 16th July 2016,conducted by department of ISE, BNMIT.
5. One week faculty development program on “IT Infrastructure Management Services” from 5th to 9th January 2015,conducted by department of ISE, BNMIT in association with Engineering Staff College of India, Hyderabad.
6. 5th International Conference on Signal and Image Processing (ICSIP) was held from January 8th -10th , 2014 (In association with department of Computer Science & Engineering, BNMIT).
The staff of our department has also many awards and achievements to their credit in adminstration, academics, sports and fine arts.
1. Dr. Girisha G S and Dr. Surabhi Narayan have obtained Ph.D.during the academic year 2017-18 and 2016-17 respectively.
2. Dr. Saritha Chakrasali was instrumental in coordinating faculty development workshops and seminars. She has completed Continuing Education Course on Cryptography and Network Security with Overall performance grade of S (outstanding) and Intelligent Agents with Overall performance grade of A at IISc, Bangalore. She has topped the Bangalore University in Bachelor of Technology and received the Certificate of Commendation for her final year project from Karnataka State Council for Science & Technology, IISc. She has also received the Merit Certificate in recognition of the high position secured in the list of meritorious candidates qualifying for awards from Govt. of Karnataka, National Scholarship Scheme.
3. Mrs. Madhura Prakash has secured First rank in MTech (SE)
4. Ms. Harini has secured Second rank in M.Tech (CSE)
5. Dr. Saritha Chakrasali and Dr. Girisha G S have received Appreciation Letters for their performance in Faculty Appraisal.
6. Dr. Surabhi Narayan was the Co-investigator for the funded project titled “Code Generation for Document images based on Handwritten Components” under VTU Research Grant Scheme for the period 2011-14. The grant amount was Rs. 9.92 Lakhs
I. Computer Society of India (CSI)
1.Two days workshop on “Virtual reality” by Mr. Janardhan Chaudhary on 16th and 17th March 2018.
2. Technical Exhibition at CSIR by Dr.Saraswat V.K and Dr. Anil Wali on 25th October 2017.
3. Workshop on “Webservices and JSON” by Aprameyah Technologies from 4th to 6th November 2017
4. Workshop on “Android Application Development” by Aprameyah Technologies from 4th to 6th November 2017
5. Visit to “Tecchnofest Exhibition “, CSIR, Bengaluru. on 25th October 2017.
6.Workshop on “Ruby and Rails” by Mr. Aniruddha, Co- Founder,Mr. Suhas , Supporting staff, DCT Academy , Bengaluru from 23rd-24th of March 2017 and 30th-31st of March 2017.
7. Workshop on “ARM-7” by Mr. Sanjay Kumar Bhagat Ms. Jyoti Embedded Labs, Bengaluru on 7th and 8th April 2017.
8. Workshop on “Phython” by Mr. Avinash Jain, Founder & Director, Code Kraft, Bangalore on 4th October 2015.
9. Workshop on “Web designing using HomeSuit” by Mrs. Shashikala, Professor, Dept of CSE, BNMIT on 13th September 2015.
10. Seminar on “Storage Area Networks” by Mr. Manjunath H R, Director, Data life cycle company on 20th November 2014.
11. Two days workshop on “Ethical Hacking” by Mr. Prashanth Agarwal, QE Manager, VM Ware & Mr. Iqbal Ahmed, Deputy Director, Acharya Institutions from 26th to 27th September 2014.
12. Workshop on “Advanced Android Programming” on 17th March 2014.
13. A Motivational talk on “Startup Yatra” at Microsoft office , Bangalore by Mr. Ravi Narayan, Director, Microfost Venture, Bangalore on 1st March 2014.
14. Hands-on Workshop on “Web Technologies” conducted as a part of Techunt – 2014 by Mr. Karthik Ragubathy, Nurture Talent Academy on 22nd & 23rd February 2014.
15. Workshop on “Android” by Mr. Suman Kumar, Technical Manager, Inforce Computing,Bangalore on 15 February 2014.
16. One day Workshop on “Phython Programming” by Mr. Rathnadeep Debanath & Team, Software Engineers on 17th August 2013.
17. A Talk on “Free Software Philosophy” by Mr. Karthik Bhat, Alumni, BNMIT on 10 August 2013.
II. Board for IT Education Standards (BITES)
1. Workshop on “Assessments for Introductory Programming Course” by Dr. Viraj Kumar , visiting professor at Divecha centre for climate change, IISc and Vice Chair, ACM India on 18.2.19
2. FDP on “Data Analytics” from 21.1.19 to 25.1.19
III. Association of Information Science and Engineering (ISEA)
1. Talk on “Data Center Infrastructure components & Technologies” by Mr. Manjunath B R on 10th April 2018
2. Talk on “World of Compilers, Trends & Techniques” by Dr.Darius Blasband on 28th March 2018.
3. Talk on “Internet of Things (IoT)” by Mr. Mahesh Prabhu, President, Global Head of Innovation & IOT, ITC Infotech, Bangalore on 30th October 2017.
4. Talk on “Introduction to Intellectual Property Rights” by Dr. Anindya Sircar,Associate Vice President & Head of IP with Infosys Limited on 6th September 2017.
5. A Talk on “What I Wish My Seniors Told Me” by 5th semester students of ISE and CSE on 12th November 2016.
Talk on “Modelling, Simulation and Data Intensive Research(MS-DIR):The Next Step for IT students” by Dr. Krushna Chandra Gouda Sr. Scientist & Faculty, CSIR C-MMACS, NAL, Bangalore on 22nd October 2016.
6. Talk on “Need for Internship” by 4th and 6th semester students of ISE on 15th March 2017.
7. Talk on “Self Learning Courses” by Mr. Partha Sharma CEO, Knights Robocorp on 1st March 2017.
8. A Talk on “Software Project Management and Finance” by Mr. Mahendra Pratap, Cheif Technical Officer, Kenworth Solutions Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore on 22nd April 2016.
9. A Talk on “Careers in the software Industry and Cloud Computing” by Avneesh Jain, Founder of CodeKraft, Bangalore on 16th October 2015
10. A Talk on “Innovative Project Ideas for Students/Staff” by Dr. S. Ananth Raj, Executive Secretary, Vision Group On Science and Technology, Bengaluru on 16th March 2015.
11. A Talk on “Campus to Career” by Mr. Arun Kumar N, Project MAnagement Professional for IT Industries on 18th September 2014.
12. A Talk on ” Graduating Obsolete – Languages, Technologies and Techniques” by Mr. Mrityunjay Ravi Iyer, Senior Project Manager Styletag, Bangalore.
13. A Talk on “Can You Still Work In Tech If You Can’t Code? – Various Career Options For An Engineering Graduate” by Mr. Nikhil Kulkarni Head, Business Development Aurus Network, Bangalore Former Product Manager at Flipkart, Bangalore on 10/4/2014.
14. A Talk on “What Really Matters – After Graduation” by Mr. Gangadhar Salimath, Quality Assurance Manager, Infosys, Bangalore on 9th Octobor 2013.
15. A Talk on “Social Media & Inmemory Computing” by T.V.Nagarajan, Project Manager, HP Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore on 27th April 2013.
IV. Institution of Engineers (IE)
1. Industry visit to Tata Consultancy Services, Whitefield, Bangalore was organized by Department of Information Science and Engineering under “The Institution of Engineers, India (IEI)” students chapter on 5th March, 2019.