Dr Saravanan V
Designation: Associate Professor
Area of specialization: Thermal Science and Engineering
Date of Joining BNMIT : 21/7/2014
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) :Regular
E-mail Id : email@example.com
No. of years of Experience : 13
- Ph.D. (2018), Department of Mechanical Engineering, Bangalore University, Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- M.E. (2008), Thermal Science and Engineering, Bangalore University, Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- B.E. (2003), BTLIT, Visvesvaraya Technological University, Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, West Medinipur, West Bengal, India, (July 2019 – August 2021).
- Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, BNMIT, Bangalore, Karnataka, India, (Jan 2019 – June 2019).
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, BNMIT, Bangalore, Karnataka, India, (July 2014 – Dec 2018).
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, PESIT, Bangalore, Karnataka, India, (July 2010 – July 2014).
- Analysis Engineer, Venus Engineering Training Services, Bangalore, Karnataka, India (Nov 2009 – July 2010).
- Project Assistant, Cryogenics Laboratory, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, Karnataka, India (Sep 2008 – Oct 2009).
Awards and Achievements
- Doctoral Committee Member for 1 Research Scholar of VTU, Belgavi since 2020-2021.
- Member, BOE, Jain University, Bangalore for the academic year 2019-2020.
- MHRD Scholarship for qualifying GATE – 2005, while pursuing ME during 2005.
- Thermodynamics, Applied Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Turbo Machinery, Heat and Mass Transfer, Control Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Elements of Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Drawing.
- Ionic Wind for cooling aviation system components.
- Development of ionic blower for CPU cooling.
- Development of Microchannel heat exchanger.
- Thermal Management of battery pack.
- Design and Analysis of Axial flow pump for Marine application.
Sponsor: NDRF. Status: Completed.
- Analysis of Solar Water Heater.
Sponsor: Fire Pro, Organization: PESU, Status: Completed.
- Saravanan Venkatesh, Amit Kumar, Anandaroop Bhattacharya, and Saurav Pramanik, “Ionic wind review-2020: advancement and application in thermal management”, Sadhana, Indian Academy of Science, vol.46 (3), pp.1-27, August 2021.
- V, Doddamani, C.K. Umesh, K.N. Seetharamu, “Numerical Investigation of Thermo – Hydrodynamic Performance of Triangular Pin Fin Heat Sink Using Nano-Fluids”, Thermal Science and Engineering Progress, vol. 21, 100768, March 2021.
- V, C.K. Umesh, “Numerical comparison of the thermohydraulic performance of pin fin heat sink and microchannel pin fin heat sink”, Sadhana, Indian Academy of Science, vol. 43, issue 7, pp. 1-15, June 2018.
- V, C.K. Umesh, Doddamani, K.N. Seetharamu, “Numerical investigation of pressure drop and heat transfer in pin fin heat sink and microchannel Pin Fin Heat Sink”, International Journal of Heat and Technology, vol. 36. no.1, pp. 267-276, March 2018.
- R. Seetharam, K.N. Seetharamu, G.K. Sharma, Saravanan. V, “Laminar forced and mixed convection heat transfer from a plane wall vertical isothermal surface to near-critical carbon dioxide” International Journal of Heat and Mass transfer-vol. 59, pp.393-406,2013.
- Saravanan, C. Damu, R. Karunanithi, S. Jacob, “Finite element analysis and testing of C-Type flexure bearing element”, Indian Journal of Cryogenics, vol. 36, pp. 66 – 71, December-2011.
- Saravanan.V, Nithesh Bhaskar, Nataraj Badiger, Rakshith K, Vishakh, “Enhancement of Heat Transfer Capacity of Heat Pipe Heat Sink” Proceedings of the 46th National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power (FMFP) December 9-11, 2019, PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore, India.
- Bharath P, Doddamani Hithaish, Saravanan.V, Dr.C.K. Umesh, “Performance analysis of microchannel counter-flow heat exchanger using different Nanofluids” 24th National and 2nd International ISHMT-ASTFE Heat and Mass Transfer Conference (IHMTC-2017), BITS-Pilani, Hyderabad, December 2017.
- Sanket G, Rajath Pawar, Movin Kumar, Veeresh, Saravanan.V, Sucharita Mohanthy “Study and optimization of the production process of four-wheeler exhaust system” Modern trends in Mechanical Engineering, Organized by RRCE, May 2017.
- Saravanan. V, C.K. Umesh, Doddamani Hithaish, K.N. Seetharamu “Numerical Investigation And Optimization Of Micro Channel Pin Fin Heat Sink” 1st International and 18th ISME on Enabling Sustainable Development in Mechanical Engineering, Feb 2017.
- Saravanan.V, C.K. Umesh, “Influence Of Non-Uniform Heating And Porous Medium On Performance Of Micro Channel Heat Sink” An IEEE Technically Co-Sponsored, 2nd Biennial International Conference On Nascent Technologies In Engineering, Jan 2017.
- Doddamani Hithaish, C.K. Umesh, Saravanan.V “Optimization Of Micro Channel For Bypass Flow By Entropy Minimization Method”, An IEEE Technically Co-Sponsored, 2nd Biennial International Conference On Nascent Technologies In Engineering, Jan 2017.
- Nandeesh S. Hiremath, Mohammed Tauseef K, Saravanan V and T.R. Seetharam “Natural Air cooling system for Automotives”, Volume-2, ICCOMIM-2012.
- Introduction to CFD” at NDRF, 21st January 2019, Bangalore.
- Application of CFD in Micro Channels” at MSRIT, 1st July 2016, Bangalore.
- Thermal Management of Electronic Equipment’s” PESIT, 8th March 2013, Bangalore.
Visiting Historical places.