Designation :Assistant Professor
Area of specialization :Power Electronics, Electrical Machines
Date of Joining BNMIT : 04/08/2008
Nature of Association : Regular
E-mail Id :email@example.com
No. of years of Experience :13
|Degree||Institution||Year of Passing||Class Obtained|
|M.Tech||Power Electronics, Department of Electrical & Electrical Engineering, RVCE, VTU, India||2008||I Rank|
|B.E||BIT, Bangalore University||2001||First Class with Distinction|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management||IGNOU, India||2011||I Class|
|1||Assistant Professor, Dept of EEE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||01.01.2012 – Till date|
|2||Lecturer, Dept. of EEE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||04-08.2008 – 31.12.2011|
|3||Lecturer, Dept. of EEE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||12-08.2005 – 31.05.2006|
Awards and Achievements
- First Rank with Gold medal in M.Tech, VTU, Belagavi.
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities (University Level):
- DCS (External) for the conduct of Crash / Extricating Semester Examinations, May 2017
- Paper setter for M.Tech. June – July 2017& June – July 2016 Examinations
- Paper setter for Autonomous Examinations
- External/Internal Examiner for Practical Examinations
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities (Department Level):
- NBA Coordinator
- NAAC Coordinator
- Electrical Machines Lab In-charge
- Counsellor (August 2008 – Till date)
- Department magazine Editor
Area of Specialization:
- Electrical Machines, Electrical Machine Design, Electrical Circuit Analysis
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Network Analysis
- Electrical Measurements
- Transformers & Induction Machines
- Management & Entrepreneurship
- DC Machines & Synchronous Machines
- Electrical Machine Design
- Electrical Power Utilization
- Industrial Drives & Applications
- Electrical Design
- Estimating & Costing
- Modern Power System Protection
- Electrical Circuit Analysis
- Special Electrical Machines
- Power Electronic Control of Electrical drives
- Ashwini A, Vishal.V.Kaushik, Meghana.V, Bhavana.Sringeri published paper entitled “Grid connected multi-energy storage device for PV array” in International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Volume 9, Issue 6, June 2020 e-ISSN: 2278 – 8875, Impact Factor: 7.122
- Ashwini A, Soujanya R K published paper entitled “Design and Analysis of Full-Bridge Phase-Shift Soft-Switching DC-DC Converter” in International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Volume 5, Issue 4, April 2017 ISSN: 2320 – 9801, Impact Factor: 6.577
- Ashwini A, Roopa Nayak N published paper entitled “Single Phase Grid Synchronization by load compensation using Photovoltaic generation system”, in International Journal of Electrical and Electronics Research, Vol. 5, Issue 1, pp: (24-33) January – March 2017 ISSN 2348-6988.
- Ashwini A, Divyashree V & Sumathi S published paper entitled “Two Phase Boost Converter fed DC Motor”, in International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology Research, Vol.03,Issue.18, ISSN 2319-8885 August 2014.
International Conferences: Nil
- Ashwini A & Mahadevnayaka presented a paper on “Closed Loop Control of DC Motor by using Bridgeless PFC Boost Converter”, organized by the department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering SJBIT, Bangalore, 9thMay 2015 in NCATEE-15.
- Ashwini A & Sumathi S presented paper on “Simulation and Analysis of inter-leaved Boost Converter using PV cells”, organized by the department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering BNMIT, Bangalore, 14thOctober 2011 in NCRE3CT-2011.
Any other things
- Successfully completed NPTEL Online Certification course in Electrical Machines – II
- Successfully completed NPTEL Online Certification course in Electrical Machines – I
- An online non-credit course on Successful Presentation authorized by University of Colorado Boulder and offered through Coursera.
- An online non-credit course on Mind Control: Managing Your Mental Health During COVID-19 authorized by University of Toronto and offered through Coursera.