The Centre of Excellence in High Voltage Testing
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, BNMIT with the grant-in-aid from AICTE under the MODROBS scheme has procured state-of-the-art equipment and established Centre of Excellence in High Voltage Testing. The equipment commissioned in the laboratory meets national & international standards and are traceable to National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories certification. This facility is now open for external research scholars, academicians, and industry professionals to perform testing and research work.
- Inclined Plane Tracking and Erosion Tester
- Voltage Range: 0-6 kV HVAC
- Compliance: IEC 60587
- Flash and Fire Point Meter
- Temperature Range: 49 °C – 400 °C
- Compliance: IS: 1448, ASTM D93, D3934, D3941, D3278, D3828, IP 304, 404, BS3900, 6664, ISO-1516,1523,2719, DIN51 758.
- Kinematic Viscosity Measurement Meter
- Viscosity Range: 3 cSt – 35 cSt
- Temperature Range: to 100 °C
- Compliance: ASTM D445; ASTM D446; ASTM D2270 – IP 226; BS 188; BS 2000 Part 71, BS 4459; ISO 2909
- Magnetic Stirrer with Hot Plate & Digital Speed Indicator
- Max. Speed: 1200 RPM.
- Capacity: 1 Litre
Unique Features of the Laboratory:
- 100 kV HVAC and 140 kV HVDC Source
- DIgSILENT Power Factory Software for Education
- Distribution Class Insulator Assembly
- UV Degradation Chamber