Dr. V Muralidhara
Designation : Professor
Area of specialization : Power Systems and High Voltage Insulators
Date of Joining BNMIT : 06/01/2018
Nature of Association : Regular
E-mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
No. of years of Experience : 44
|Degree||Institution||Year of Passing||Class Obtained|
|Ph.D [Electrical & Electronics Engineering].||PET Research Foundation, Mandya|
|M.E. (Power Systems)||NIE, Mysore|
|B.E. (Electrical Engg.)||PESCE, Mandya|
|1975||FCD 4th rank|
|1||PES College of Engineering, Mandya||11-03-1976||13-12-1981||Lecturer|
|2||Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore.||14-12-1981||06-04-1990||Asst. Professor|
|3||Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore.||07-04-1990||31-12-2012||Prof.& Head|
|4||School of Engineering & Technology,|
Jain University, Jain Global Campus, Jakkasandra Post, Kanakapura Taluk, Ramanagara Dist – 562 112
|17-01-2013||30-12-2017||Associate Director and Prof. of EEE|
|5||BNM Institute of Technology, Bangalore||06-01-2018||Till date||Professor of EEE|
Awards and Achievements
- Served as a member of Board of Examiners [BOE]in Electrical Engineering under Viseveswaraya Technological University for two years and served as the Chairman
- Served as the external member of Board of Studiesin Electrical Engineering of
- RV College of Engineering, Bangalore,
- Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- PES College of Engineering, Mandya.
- Served as the external member of board of Examiners [BOE] in Electrical Engineering at Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur.
- Served as the member of board of Examiners in Electrical Engineering at University Vishvesvaraya College of Engineering [UVCE] Bangalore for number of years.
- Served as a subject expertfor the staff selection for Electrical Engineering Department
- i) New Horizon College of Engineering, Bangalore
- ii) Reva Institute of Engineering, Bangalore
- iii) BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore
- iv) Sri Krishna Institute of Technology, KSITBangalore
- Served at Jain Universityas a member of Academic Council, Chair person of Board of studies and Board of Examiners in Electrical Engineering at Jain University.
- Electric Circuit Analysis
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Control Systems
- Electrical Machines
- Power System Analysis
- Utilization of Electrical Power
- HV DC Insulators- Quality analysis
National & International Journals
- “Study of Quality Assessment Insulators subjected to DC voltages” V. Muralidhara, B. Ramachandra N. Vasudev, P.V. VasudevanNambudiri, K.N. Ravi.The Academic Journal of High Voltage Engineering. Chongqing University, Chongqing, China 2008. 34, No. 12. December 2008.
- “A Novel Distance Estimation Technique for Single Line to Ground Fault in Electrical Distribution Network Using Smart Meter’’,Published in the Journal of CPRI, Volume 11, Issue 01,March 2015, ISSN 0973-0338, PP. 19-26.
- “A Review on Smart Grid in India” Published in International Journal, of Innovative Research in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Vol. 3, Issue 3, March 2015, PP.201-203, ISSN (Online) 2321-2004. ISSN (Print) 2321-5526
- “Communication Feasibility Study for Smart Grid with Advanced Metering Infrastructure”Paper is Published in International Journal of Electrical and Electronics, Engineering Research,Volume 5, issue 6, Dec 2015 impact factor 6.289 and NAAS rating 2.40, ISSN(P):2250-155X; ISSN(E): 2278-943X
- “Smart Way of Controlling Frequency Linked Component of Availability Based Tariff” Published in IEEMA Journal Volume 8 Issue no.8, PP. 54-57,ISSN 0970-2946April 2017.
- “Smart Transformer using Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Advance Sensor Infrastructure (ASI)” Published in International Journal of Innovative Research in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation and Control Engineering.(Impact factor 3.885)Vol. 3,Issue 8, August 2015, PP.5-8. ISSN (Online) :2321 – 2004. ISSN (Print) :2321 – 5526.
- “An experimental measurement of shaft voltage in induction motor driven by three level inverter” Reddy Sudarshana, A.Ramachandra, V.Muralidhara. IJARSE, Vol-6, Issue-No.7, July 2017, pp 317-322, ISBN: 978 -988 -14047-4-9, ISSN:2078-0958(Print) ISSN:2078-0966 (Online)WCE 2017.
- “Simulation and Experimental Evaluation of Current Harmonics under Steady State Conditions of variable speed Induction Motor drive system fed by Three level Inverter. Reddy Sudarshana, A.Ramachandra, V.Muralidhara. IJEEE, Vol-9, Issue-No.1, Jan-June 2017, pp 603-612, IDIIF: 2.7, ISSN:2321-2055 (O) ISSN:2321-2045 (P).
- “Simulation and Experimental Evaluation of variable speed Induction Motor drive system fed by VSI and study of current harmonics under steady state conditions. Reddy Sudarshana, A.Ramachandra, V.Muralidhara. IJEEE, Vol-9, Issue-No.1, Jan-June 2017, pp 1-10, IDIIF: 2.7, ISSN:2321-2055 (O) ISSN:2321-2045 (P).
- “A Novel Approach of Fault Location in Electrical Transmission System using Smart ” Published on 28.02.2018 in Majlesi Journal of Electrical Engineering (indexed by: Scopus cite factor=0.24) , Vol 12 No 1 (2018): March, pp 39-46 ,p-ISSN: 2345-377X, e-ISSN: 2345-3796, and is available online on http://mjee.iaumajlesi.ac.ir/index/index.php/ee/issue/view/53.
- “Smart Meter Modeling and Fault Location Communication in Smart Grid” Published on 01.06.2018 in Majlesi Journal of Electrical Engineering (indexed by: Scopus cite factor=0.24) ,Vol 12 No 2 (2018): June, p-ISSN: 2345-377X, e-ISSN: 2345-3796,and is available online on http://mjee.iaumajlesi.ac.ir/index/index.php/ee
- “Smart Solution For Low Frequency Problem In Smart Grids”AvaniPujara, S M Bakre, V Muralidhara. IJCEA, Vol-12, Special Issue, March-2018, ISSN 2321-3469
- “Influence of Ground Impedance on Unbalanced Analysis of Grid” Ramaswamy R, V. Muralidhara,20th NPSC 2018, Dec 2018, NIT, Trichi.
- “Experimental Validation and Review of Neutral Voltage Modeling for unbalancedSystem Analysis”,Ramaswamy R, Muralidhara, Dec 2018.INDICON 2018 at COIMBATORE”
Papers presented in International/National Conferences
- “Study on ion migration in insulators subjected to DC voltages” Muralidhara, M.MurugeshMudaliar, N. Vasudev, K.N. Ravi, P.Krishnamurthy, Channakeshava. 13th International Symposium on High Voltage Engineering [ISH] 2003. Delft University of Technology, Delft. Netherlands, 25th to 29th August 2003.
- “Performance Evaluation of Insulators for DC Application” Muralidhara, B. Ramachandra, N. Vasudev, P.V. VasudevanNambudiri, Sriramulu, K.N. Ravi. International Conference on Power Systems [ICPS] 2007 at Central Power Research Institute, Bangalore, 12th to 14th Dec’2007,
- “Study of Thermal-runaway tests on Insulators subjected to DC voltages”. Muralidhara, B. Ramachandra, N. Vasudev, P.V. VasudevanNambudiri, Sriramulu, K.N. Ravi. International Conference on High Voltage Engineering and Application [ICHVE 2008], Chongqing University, Chongqing, China, 9th to 13th Nov. 2008,.
- “A detailed study on the quality assessment of insulators subjected to DC voltages”.V. Muralidhara, B. Ramachandra N. Vasudev, P.V. VasudevanNambudiri, K.N. Ravi.International Conference on Properties and Applications of Dielectric Materials [ICPADM] 2009, July 19th to 23rd ‘2009 at Harbin, China.
- “Simulation and Experimental validation of Common Mode Voltage in Induction Motor driven by Inverter using Arduino Microcontroller”. Reddy Sudarshana, A.Ramachandra, V.Muralidhara,R.Srinivasan., Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering 201, vol-1, WCE 2017, July 5-7, 2017, London U.K.,pp 295-300, ISBN 979-988 -14047-4-9 ISSN:2078-0958 (print)ISSN:2078-0966(online).
- “Study of Characteristics of Zno Surge Arrester” Leela A M,1. K N Ravi, 2.V Muralidhara, 3. N Vasudev, International Conference on High Voltage Engineering and Technology (ICHVET-2015)-January29-30, 2015, Hyderabad.
- “Thermal Behavior of Metal Oxide Surge Arrester Block”, Leela A.M., V. Muralidhara, K.N. Ravi, N. Vasudev, R.S. ShivakumaraAradhya I J C T A, 9(10), 2016, pp. 1-11, ISSN: 0974-5572.
- “Fault Current Limitation Communication in Electrical Distribution System using Smart Meter”VelhalGeeta Vilas, AvaniPujara ,Dr. S.M.Bakre, Dr. V.Muralidhara Published in National conference proceeding “Inspire Innovations and Emerging trends in Electronics Telecommunication and Electrical Engineering on March 2016 at JSPM college, Hadapsar Pune.).
- “UI Charge Reduction and Load Management in Smart Grid” VelhalGeeta Vilas, AvaniPujara ,Dr. S.M.Bakre, Dr. V.Muralidhara Published in National conference proceeding “Inspire Innovations and Emerging trends in Electronics Telecommunication and Electrical Engineering on March 2016 at JSPM college, Hadapsar, Pune.)
- “Application of AMI for Unscheduled Interchange Pricing and Fault Location” VelhalGeeta Vilas, AvaniPujara ,Dr. S.M.Bakre, Dr. V.Muralidhara Published in National Conference proceedings“ Recent Trends in Electrical, Electronics, Computing and Information Technology (NCRTEECIT-16)” Vol-1 Issue-5 2016, IJARIIE-ISSN (O)-2395-4396, PP 9-14.
- “On Progress of Communication Infrastructure for Fault Location and ABT Metering “ VelhalGeeta Vilas, AvaniPujara ,Dr. S.M.Bakre, Dr. V.Muralidhara. Paper has been presented and Published in proc. Wireless Computing and networking (GCWCN), 2014 IEEE Global Conference onand is archived in IEEE Xplore digital library, Date Added to IEEE Xplore: 05 February 2015 ,PP. 47-50. Electronic ISBN: 978-1-4799-6298-3 DVD ISBN: 978-1-4799-6297-6
- “Implementation of Metering Practices in Smart Grid”, VelhalGeeta Vilas, AvaniPujara ,Dr. S.M.Bakre, Dr. V.Muralidhara Paper has been presented and Published in proc. Smart Technologies and Management for Computing, Communication, Controls, Energy and Materials (ICSTM), 2015, (1 CITATION), Date Added to IEEE Xplore: 27 August 2015 , Date Added to IEEE Xplore: 27 August 2015, PP.484-487, Electronic ISBN: 978-1-4799-9855-5
- “A Diagnosis of Fault Location System for Electrical Transmission And DistributionNetwork” VelhalGeeta Vilas, AvaniPujara ,Dr. S.M.Bakre, Dr. V.Muralidhara Proc. 2015 International Conference on Energy Systems and Applications (ICESA 2015) Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Engineering and Technology, Pune, India 30 Oct – 01 Nov, 2015, PP 63-66, Electronic ISBN: 978-1-4673-6817-9’. Date Added to IEEE Xplore: 04 July 2016. DOI: 10.1109/ICESA.2015.7503332.
- “Hybrid P2P Communication System for Fault Location on Ring Main Distribution System” VelhalGeeta Vilas, AvaniPujara ,Dr. S.M.Bakre, Dr. V.Muralidhara Published in proceeding of IEEE International Conference on Energy Systems and Applications, D.Y.Patil College of Engineering Pune, and archived in IEEE Xplore digital library. Electronic ISBN: 978-1-4673-6817-9, Date Added to IEEE Xplore: 04 July 2016, DOI: 10.1109/ICESA.2015.7503417.
- Simulation and Analysis of ZnOblockCharacteristics Using MATLAB. Leela A.M., V. Muralidhara, K.N. Ravi, N. Vasudev, R.S. ShivakumaraAradhya 2017 IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Techniques In Control, Optimization And Signal Processing. 978-1-5090-4778-9/17©2017 IEEE.
- Simulation of ZnO block Characteristics Using MATLAB Leela A M K N Ravi V Muralidhara R S ShivakumaraAradhya N VasudevNational Conference on High Voltage Engineering & Technology (NCHVET2017), 27-28 January 2017.
- Behavior of Polymeric Housed Metal Oxide Surge Arrester Under Pollution Leela A M, V Muralidhara , K N Ravi , N Vasudev , R S ShivakumaraAradhya IJARIIE-ISSN (O)-2395-4396, Vol-1 Issue-5 2016.C-1402
- Listening to music