This post was last updated on June 8th, 2022
Designation : Assistant Professor
Area of specialization :Power and Energy Systems,
Date of Joining BNMIT : 13/02/2017
Nature of Association : Regular
E-mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
No. of years of Experience : 9.6
|Degree||Institution||Year of Passing||Class Obtained|
|Ph.D||Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi, Karnataka.|
|M.E||UVCE, Bangalore University, India||2011||I Class|
|B.Tech||VAST Thrissur, EEE Department, Calicut University, India||2008||I Class|
|1||Assistant Professor, EEE Dept||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||13.02.2017 – Till Date|
|2||Associate Professor, EEE Dept||FIST, Thrissur, India||15.07.2015-10.02.2017|
|3||Assistant Professor, EEE Dept||SVCE, Bengaluru, India||23.01.2015 –10.07.2015|
|4||Assistant Professor, EEE Dept||IESCE, Thrissur, India||20.09.2011 – 04.07.2014|
|5||Guest Faculty||GEC Thrissur, India||11.06.2012- 31.05.2014|
|6||Electrical Engineer||KP Buildcon Pvt Ltd, Bangalore. India.||Sept.2008 – Aug. 2009|
Awards and Achievements
- Second topper of Bangalore University during Post Graduation
- Got placed in CTS & Qualitas Technology during Post Graduation
- Article related to Student’s project “REFROVEN” which is guided by me came in Manorama Veedu Publication and also in Manorama online.
- NBA Coordinator (2018 – Till Date)
- NAAC Coordinator (2018 – Till Date)
- Department Test Coordinator (2017-18)
- Department Project Coordinator (2017-18)
- Department Internship Coordinator (2018-19)
- Coordinator at different levels, FDPs / Workshops conducted by Dept of EEE
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Circuit Analysis
- Electrical Measurement
- Power Generation & Economics
- High voltage Engineering
- Power System Operation and Control
- Electrical Estimation and Costing
- Control System
- Computer Aided Electrical Drawing
- DC Machines & Transformers
- Power Quality Issues in electrical distribution systems
- Renewable energy Systems
Research Proposal Submitted: The proposal has been submitted to VTU Research Grant on 28/02/2022
- Project Value: Rs. 3,00,000.
- Project Title: Evaluation of Insulator Surface erosion under DC inclined plain tracking and erosion test
- Principal Investigator: Dr. Sudalai Shunmugam
- Co-Investigators: Sri. Sujith T
- Published a research paper titled “Reduction in harmonics using 12 pulse AC-DC converter in vector-controlled induction motor Drives” in IJIRCCE, Volume 5, Issue 4, April 2017.
- “Analysis Of Partial Shading Effect on Energy Output of Different Solar PV Array Configurations” in International Conference on Circuits, Control, and Energy- 2021 (ICCCE-21), 13th to 15th July 2021 ISBN: 978-81-954357-0-8.
- “Power Generation using Rooftop Ventilator and Possible Enhancements” in IEEE based international conference PEREA-2020, ISBN:978-1-7281-8396-1ISBN:978-1-7281-8397-8, DOI: 10.1109/PEREA51218.2020.9339810 Conducted by Government College of Engineering, Kannur, Kerala, India during 27-28 November 2020.
- “Solution Techniques for the major failure in HVDC Transmission system” inthe National conference IESPEC 2013 conducted by IESCE, Thrissur during 7th & 8th March 2013.
- “A modified hill climbing method using fuzzy logic control for maximum power point tracking in photovoltaic system” in the National conference NCRDPE 2015 conducted by SVCE, Bengaluru during 5th August 2015.
- Making new friends
- Member of handball team placed first in Thrissur district Handball Championship
- Listen melodious music
Any other things
- Completed Udemy Courses on Digsilent Power Factory for Power System Analysis & Electrical Engineering Simulation using Etap
- Completed NPTEL courses on “Power System Engineering”, January -April 2019.
- Completed NPTEL courses on “Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering”, July -October 2019.