Prof. T J Ramamurthy
Designation : Professor & Director
Area of specialization : Power systems, controls and machines
Date of Joining BNMIT :
Nature of Association : Regular
E-mail Id :
No. of years of Experience :
|Degree||Institution||Year of Passing||Class Obtained|
|B.E. (Electrical Engg.)||S. V. University, Tirupati, India||—||—|
|1||B N M Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India||2005||Till date||Director|
|2||B N M Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India||2001||2005||Principal|
|3||Dept. of EEE, RV College of Engineering, Bangalore, India||—||—||Vice Principal & HOD|
Awards and Achievements
- Appreciation as the best teacher by Bharat Ratna A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, President of India 2013.
- Appreciation by his Excellency Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala, Governor of Karnataka, for helping the tribal women in forest, 2014.
- Best Teacher Award from Civil Defense department, Government of Karnataka given by Governor of Karnataka Dr. Hansraj Bharadwaj during 2013.
- Best Teacher award given by R V College of Engineering, Bangalore on Teachers Day during 2012.
- Honored as the best Teacher in Technical Education by Reva University, Bangalore during 2011.
- Honored as the best Teacher by Channa Basaveshwara Institute of Technology, Gubbi during 2010.
- Honored as the best Teacher by Jnana Jyoti, Senior citizens forum, Banashankari II Stage in 2009.
- Member of Board of Studies and Board of Examinations of Bangalore University.
- Member of Board of Studies and Board of Examinations of Mysore University.
- Chief Examiner in Karnataka University, Dharwad.
- Chairman of Board of Electrical & Electronics Engineering in VTU, Belgaum.
- Chief Examiner of A.M.I.E. exam of Institution of Engineers.
- Director, RVCE Co-operative Society 1990-2001.
- Warden of R.V.C.E. Hostel in the R.V.C.E. Campus from 1985 to 2001. For 16 years responsible for total discipline in the campus.
- Co-ordinator of Bangalore University during 1985 – 1987.
- Student Welfare Officer 1977 – 1978.
- Warden of R.V.C.E. Hostel Jayanagar during 1977 – 1979.
At BNM Institute of Technology:
- As a Principal of BNMIT, responsible for building the Institution with Excellent infrastructure, laboratory setup, appointment of qualified, experienced staff taken from well-known Institutions in Karnataka and outside.
- BNMIT ranks 5th place among 190 Engineering Colleges of Karnataka.
- The Institution has excellent academic record by consistent 100% results.
At R. V. College of Engineering.:
- Setting up of Analog Electronics Lab and Power Electronics Lab in the Electrical and Electronics Department.
- Setting up of Computer Labs in Electrical Department.
- Conducted seminar on Control System Lab Techniques for VTU Faculty.
Expertise / list of subjects handled
Area of Specialization:
Power systems, controls and machines
Electric circuit analysis, control systems, Electric Machines, Basic Electric Engineering and many more courses related to Electric Engineering
- Funding received:
Any other things:
In addition to faithfully serving the society by being a good teacher and a dexterous administrator, he wishes to serve the society by making use of the 3T’s principles of Lionism – Time, Talent and Treasure.
Lion Prof. T.J.R. joined Lionism in the year 1996 and occupied various positions in the Lions club of Bangalore South and also in the District 324D1. He was elected as District Governor, Lions Clubs International of District 317A for the year 2013 -14 and also Vice Chairman of Multiple Council of Multiple 317 comprising six Lions Districts in Karnataka and Goa.
As District Governor Lion Prof. TJR was awarded Dream Achiever Award by International President for serving the needy, especially in Eye Care, Establishing Cardiatic Care centers, Blood Donation camps, Tree Plantation and Helping Physically Challenged.
Member of Professional Bodies
- Member of Institution of Electrical & Electronics Engineers(USA)
- Member of Institution of Engineers (INDIA)
- Life member of Institution of Society of Technical Education.
- Life Member ofISKON.
- Member of Cosmopolitan Club, Jayanagar,Bangalore.
- Member of CountryClub.