Dr. Krishnamurthy G N
Designation : Principal
Area of specialization : Cryptography: Block Ciphers design and performance analysis, Operating Systems, Computer Architecture, Logic Design
Date of Joining BNMIT : 11/01/2010
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : email@example.com
No. of years of Experience : 21 years (Teaching) & 14 years (Research)
Department : Computer Science & Engineeering
|Degree||University||Year of Passing||Result|
Visvesvaraya Technological University
Visvesvaraya Technological University
Experience: 25 Years
|1||Principal||B N M Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, India||June 2015 – Till Date|
Professor & HOD
|B N M Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, India|
June 2010 – June 2015
|B N M Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, India||January 2010 – May 2010|
|Cambridge Institute of Technology, Bangalore||September 2009 – January 2010|
|Bapuji Institute of Engg. & Tech., Davangere||September 1997 – September 2009|
|NIIT, Davangere||November 1996 – August 1997|
Served as Registrar (Evaluation) of Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum, for a period of 2 Years on deputation from BNM Institute of Technology during the period from 22nd September 2010 to 21st September 2012 and again from 4th December 2012 to 2nd February 2013.
Roles and Responsibilities as Registrar (Evaluation)
- Implemented complete automation process of examination activities covering all the 193 Engineering colleges coming under VTU by introducing Digital Evaluation, online question paper delivery, online application entry, online attendance entry, online IA marks entry, online resume entry, Online M.Tech Thesis evaluation etc., which has benefited all the students and staff of all the disciplines of UG, PG, Ph.D.
- Administering the Pre-examination preparations like Setting, Printing and Supply of Question Papers for the University Examinations.
- Administering the smooth conduct of Engineering (both UG and PG) Examinations throughout the state, spread over 193 Engineering colleges and conduct of course work examinations for research scholars of Ph.D. / M.Sc. Engineering by research and evaluation of thesis.
- Announcement of results throughout the Karnataka state Engineering institutions before the starting of next semester classes.
- Member Convener for the preparation of regulations in various examination matters.
- Revamping of Infrastructure facilities required for the Examination Section with a view to meet the requirement for next 10 years.
- Establishment of World Class Data Centre at the University – first of its kind in Indian Universities.
- Establishment of Disaster Recovery System.
- Implementation of automation process of admission, monitoring and Evaluation of M.Sc.(Engg. by Research) / Ph.D. course students.
- Implementation of automation process of M.Tech. thesis evaluation.
Implementation of online Question paper delivery system has eliminated leakages of question papers as papers get printed at the examination centres half an hour before the commencement of examinations. Implementation of Digital Evaluation has eliminated possible totalling errors and has helped in achieving error free evaluation for UG, PG and Ph.D. answer scripts and hence speedy announcement of results. They are first of their kind in Karnataka Universities.
Was member for the following committees constituted to improve the examination process.
- Committee to review the remuneration for the teachers involved in various examination duties.
- Committee constituted to prepare the Guidelines for Digital Valuation.
- Committee constituted to review the performance and to suggest improvements in digital valuation and QPDS.
- Committee constituted to suggest modalities for the conduct of examinations for higher semester students of UBDTCE, Davangere.
- Committee constituted to discuss about the procurement of secured evidencing solutions from M/s. Pitney Bowes Ltd.
- Committee constituted for the verification of Ph.D. Thesis.
- Malpractice Cases inquiry committee.
I have worked as Deputy Chief Superintendent of VTU examinations at JSSATE, Mauritius from 25th Dec 2009 to 4th Jan 2010 and Presented a paper in an International conference at Penang, Malaysia, during 22nd to 24th February 2011 and another in an International conference at Amsterdam, The Netherlands, held during July 25-26, 2012. I have also visited Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France, Vatican City and Thailand. Visited European (Belgium, Netherlands) Universities (University of Ghent, Gronongen and Antwerp) as a part of delegation team to explore the possibilities of collaboration with those Universities during October 2013.
- Honored by Honorable Governor of Karnataka Sri VajubhaiRudabhaiVala, Minister for Higher Education, Government of Karnataka Sri G T Deve Gowda, and Vice Chancellor of Visveswaraya Technological University, in recognition of contribution of services to VTU as Registrar of Evaluation on 29th April 2018 on occasion of VTU Foundation day celebrations at VTU Campus.
- Received National Global Leadership Award for Environment, Education and Social work, in the presence of Sri D.H Shankara Murthy, Honorable Chairman for Legislative Council, and Dr. Ramachandra Gowda, Chairman of Planning Commission, Government of Karnataka, during March 2011, awarded by Power Development and Energy Research Institute.
- Received the Best Citizen of India Award from the International publishing house, New Delhi.
- Received excellent teacher’s award during 2005, 2006 and 2007 from Management, BIET, Davangere.
- Initiated and worked as Coordinator for Infosys initiated Campus Connect Program from December 2004 to January 2007 at BIET during which the Institute has been ranked number 1 by Infosys, among the colleges running Campus Connect program, all over India.
- Worked as Co Coordinator for AICTE / ISTE sponsored STTP on “Fuzzy logic and its applications to power systems” conducted at BIET, Davangere, from 15-03-2004 to 26-03-2004.
- Worked as Coordinator for Central valuation of Visveswaraya Technological University, Belgaum [VTU] examinations.
- Worked as Placement Coordinator, BIET, Davangere.
- Worked as a Squad member for the smooth conduct of UG /PG VTU Examinations of July/Aug 2001.
- Worked as Internet Manager for BIET, at the Institute level.
Participation in Training Courses/Seminars/Workshops
- Attended AICTE / ISTE sponsored STTP on “Recent trends in Computer Graphics and Vision Methodology” conducted by Pondicherry Engg College, held at Pondicherry, from 14-05-2001 to 25-05-2001.
- Attended AICTE / ISTE sponsored STTP on “Fuzzy logic and its applications to power systems” conducted at BIET, Davangere, from 15-03-2004 to 26-03-2004.
- Delivered a lecture on “Shell programming” in the STTP on “Power Linux – unleash the full potentials of linux” during 14 -02 -2004 to 25 – 02 – 2004.
- Participated in the ‘.NET train the trainer’ workshop, organized by board for IT Education standards(BITES) in association with Microsoft Corporation(India) Pvt. Ltd., conducted from 07th to 11th June, 2004 at BIET, Davangere.
- Attended a workshop on “QOS on Internet” from 4th to 9th July 2005 at BIET, Davangere.
- Attended KSCST 23rd Sponsored Project cum Exhibition on 12th and 13th Jan 2001.
- Attended one day Workshop on “Model Question Papers and Guidelines preparation” for 6thsem BE CSE/ISE of VTU at BMS College of Engineering on 12-04-2001.
- Attended one day Seminar on “Building and Managing Computer Resources of an Organization” held on 14thjuly 2001 at SDM College of Engineering, Dharwad.
- Attended Workshop on “DB2 “conducted at BMS College of Engineering, conducted by IBM/VTU from 13-08-2001 to 18-08-2001.
- Participated in the 15th CSI Karnataka Student Convention held at PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore during Dec 07, 2001 to Dec 09, 2001.
- Participated in one day Orientation Program on 18-01-2002 Organized by IGNOU Regional Centre, Bangalore at BIET, Davanagere.
- Attended One day meeting at Bangalore regarding Mahithi Sindhu Program.
- Attended Fifth State level ISTE convention and National Seminar on “Role of Technical Education in meeting the challenges of Globalization” on 12th and 13th 2002, at University B.D.T College of Engineering, Davangere.
- Attended one day conference on “Microsoft TechEd” at JRD Tata auditorium, IISc complex, Bangalore, on 15 Sept 2003.
- Attended International conference on “Software Agents” held at Bapuji Institute of Engg. & Technology, Davangere on 5th and 6th 2003.
- Attended Infosys initiated “Campus Connect Programme” workshop from 16-12-2004 to 18-12-2004 at Infosys, Mysore.
- Attend the Faculty Enablement program at Infosys, Technologies, Bangalore from 13thMarch to 17th March 2006.
- Attended Infosys initiated Soft Skills training program Infosys, Technologies, Bangalore from 7th August 2006 to 11th August 2006.
- Attended the Intel
- -Core Training Programming for academia conducted by VTU-Intel India Private Limited, Bangalore at RV College of Engineering, Bangalore, held from 28th to 30th March 2007.
- Represented BIET for the Placement officers meet from leading Institutions from different parts of the country to discuss the strategies of placement, organized by Mahindra British Telecom, held at Pune, during 2007.
Cryptography: Block Ciphers design and performance analysis, Operating Systems, Computer Architecture, Logic Design
List of subjects handled
- Agile Technologies – Principles and Practice
- Wireless and Mobile Networks
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Computer Systems Design and Architecture
- Operating Systems
- Computer System Performance Analysis
- Distributed Systems
- Computer Networks
- Management and Entrepreneurship
- Graph Theory and Combinatorics
- Object Oriented programming in C++
- Data Structures
- Basic Electronics
- Analog Electronic Circuits
- Electronic Circuits
- Logic Design
- Mobile Communications
- Mobile Computing
- Software Engineering
- Computer Communications
- Computer Concepts and C Programming
- Distributed Operating Systems
Three candidates have been awarded Ph.D., two from VTU and another from JNTU, Andhra Pradesh under my guidance.
One more candidate has already submitted Ph.D. thesis under VTU.
Currently three candidates have registered under my guidance for their Ph.D., out of them two have completed their course work and another one has completed comprehensive viva.
- Rekha C, Krishnamurthy G N Area and Power Optimized AES for IoT applications using Dual Port ROM based S-Box and Security by Optimized Key Scheduling Algorithm, International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research, Volume 9, Issue 4, April 2020, ISSN 2277-8616, pp – 3300 to 3307
- Rekha C, Krishnamurthy G N. An Optimized Key Scheduling Algorithm for CAST-128 using dynamic substitution S-box, in International Joural of Recent Technology and Engineering, (Impact Factor: 5.92), ISSN: 2277-3878, Volume-8, Issue-3, September 2019, pp – 2585 to 2590.
- Rekha C, Krishnamurthy G N and Dilip Kumar S M An Alternate Key Scheduling Algorithm for Blowfish and its Performance Analysis, in International Journal of Computer Applications, ISSN:0975-8887, PP – 7 to 14, November2018.
- Rekha C, Krishnamurthy G N Modified AES Optimization Strategies with Hierarchical security for Internet-of-Thing Applications, in International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology, (Impact Factor: 5.97) To be published, ISSN:2249-8958.
- Rekha C, Krishnamurthy G N and Dilip Kumar S M An optimized encryption algorithm and F function with a dynamic substitution for creating S-box and P-box entries for Blowfish Algorithm, in International Journal of Scientific & Technology Research, (Impact Factor:7.46) December 2019, PP – 994-1000, ISSN:2277-8616.
- Distributed Wormhole Attack Mitigation Technique in WSNs I. J. Computer Network and Information Security, 2019, May, 20-27.
- Shailaja A, Krishnamurthy G N “FPGA Implementation of RC7 algorithm using Reversible logic gates” in International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Bhopal, August 2019, ISSN:2249-8958, Volume -8, Issue-6, pp No. – 769 to 776
- “VLSI Implementation of Hybrid Cryptography algorithm using LFSR key” in International Journal of Intelligent Engineering and System, INASS Publications (Scopus and UGC recognized).
- “A Low area VLSI Implementation of Extended Tiny encryption Algorithm with Lorenz Chaotic System”, is accepted to be published in International Journal of Information and Computer Security (Scopus free and UGC recognized), Inderscience Publications.
- Multimodal 3D Medical Image Registration Algorithm Using Dual Tree Complex Wavelet Sub band, International Conference on Materials, Applied Physics & Engineering (ICMAE) June 3rd – 4th 2018, the same will be published in International Journal of Engineering and Technology in the month of January 2019.
- Method and Apparatus for 3D and 4D image registration using DTCWT sub bands and 2D neural network structure.
Patent application no. 201841022593 filled on 16 June 2018, provisional report has been submitted.
- “A Survey on Food Grain Identification Techniques”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Volume 7, Issue 6, June 2018, p-ISSN 2347-6710, e-ISSN : 2319-8753.
- “LOW AREA FPGA IMPLEMENTATION OF DROMCSLA-QTL ARCHITECTURE FOR CRYPTOGRAPHIC APPLICATIONS” International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications (IJNSA) Vol. 10, No.3, May 2018, pp. 25-37, DOI: 10.5121/IJNSA.2018.10303.
- Fast Registration Algorithm for 3D Medical Images using Double Density Dual Tree Complex Wavelet Transform and Bi-directional Prediction, International Journal of Computer Science Issues(IJCSI), Volume 15, Issue 1, January 2018 ISSN (Print): 1694-0814 | ISSN (Online): 1694-0784
- “Gradient analysis of 3D image sequence using DTCWT and DD DTCWT” International conference on Science, Technology & Management, at Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers, Bengaluru, on 24th September 2017.
- Security Schemes to Resolve Wormhole Attack in Distributed Sensor Networks, Volume 4 Issue 2, February 2015, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 1422-1430.
- ”Comparison of Blowfish and Cast-128 Algorithms Using Encryption Quality, Key Sensitivity and Correlation Coefficient Analysis”, American Journal of Engineering Research (AJER) e-ISSN: 2320-0847 p-ISSN: 2320-0936 Volume-3, Issue-7, pp-161-166.
- “Performance Analysis of Blowfish and its modified version using Encryption quality, Key sensitivity, Histogram and Correlation coefficient analysis”, International Joint Journal Conference in Recent Trends in Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 2, India 2009.
- “Encryption Quality Analysis and Security Evaluation of CAST-128 Algorithm and its modified version using digital images”, International Journal of Network Security and Applications, 2009.
- “Making AES Stronger: AES with Key Dependent S-Box”, IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, VOL.8 No.9, September 2008, pp 388-398, Korea.
- “Blow-CAST-Fish, a New 64-bit Block Cipher”, IJCSNS, ISSN: 1738-7906, Vol. 8, No.4, pp 282-290, April -2008, Korea.
- “Performance enhancement of Blowfish and CAST-128 algorithms and Security analysis of modified Blowfish algorithm using Avalanche effect”, Journal ISSN: 1738-7906, Vol Number: Vol.8, No.3, pp 244-250, March -2008, Korea.
- Comparative study of DWT and DTCWT for 3D Medical Image Registration, International Conference on Advances in Computer Science and Technology (IC-ACT’18) – January 2018 ISSN: 2395-1303, Bangalore.
- “ 4D Medical Image Registration : A Survey” International conference on Intelligent Sustainable Systems organized by SCAD Institute of Technology, Palladam, Tamil Nadu, 7th and 8th December 2017
- “Encryption quality analysis and Security Evaluation of Blow-CAST-Fish using digital images”, International Conference on Computer, Electrical, and Systems Sciences, and Engineering, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, held during July 25-26, 2012.
- “Study of effect of removal of Shift rows and Mix columns stages of AES and AES-KDS on their Encryption Quality and hence Security”, International conference on Computer, Electrical, & Systems Science, & Engineering, Organized by World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, Penang, Malaysia, during 22nd to 24th February 2011.
- “Performance enhancement of CAST-128 algorithm by modifying its function “International Joint Conferences on Computer, Information and Systems Sciences and Engineering (CISSE 07), December 3, 2007 to December 14, 2007, Technically Co-Sponsored by Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT, 06610, USA, published in Springer Series.
- “Performance enhancement of blowfish algorithm by modifying its function and demonstrate the same with VHDL simulation “International Joint Conferences on Computer, Information and Systems Sciences and Engineering (CISSE 06), December 4, 2006 to December 14, 2006, which is Technically Co-Sponsored by Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers(IEEE), University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT, 06610, USA,. published in Springer Series.
- “Enhancing the performance of Blowfish algorithm by modification to its function” in the on “Cryptology” JNNCE, Shimoga, 12th – 14th Aug 2005.
Playing, Listening to music.