Area of specialization:Data Mining
Date of Joining BNMIT:
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct):Regular
No. of years of Experience:
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing||% of marks obtained|
|Ph.D||VTU, Belagavi||April 2021||—|
|M.E||UVCE, Bengaluru||March 2004||72|
|B.E||Kalpatharu Institute of Technology, Tiptur||September 2000||70|
Teaching: 18 years
|1||Assistant Professor||BNM Institute of Technology, Bengaluru||May 2021 – Till Date|
|2||Assistant Professor||APS College of Engineering, Bengaluru||September 2003 to April 2021|
|3||Lecturer||HMS Institute of Technology, Tumkur||June 2001-August 2002|
Roles and Responsibilities (Department Level)
Setting question papers for VTU engineering exams and autonomous engineering colleges.
- Worked as program coordinator to conduct five day hands on workshop on “Latest Features and Capabilities of MATLAB R2018a” from 2ndto 6th April 2018.
- Worked as stage committee coordinator in International Conference on “Software Engineering CONSEG 2018” conducted from 23rdto 24th November 2018.
- Worked as program coordinator to conduct five day workshop on “Machine Learning using Python” from 23rdto 27th September 2019.
- Data Mining
list of Subjects handled
- Data mining and Data warehousing
- Data Mining
- System Modeling and Simulation
- Analysis and Design of Algorithms
- Multimedia Computing
- Logic design
- Operating System
- Graph theory
- Data structure
- Unix and Shell Programming
- Analog and Digital Electronics and C Programming for Problem Solving
- Semantic Web and Social Networks
The proposed work focuses on Knowledge Extraction from Agro Meteorological Data using Soft Computing Techniques. Rainfall variable is considered as target variable in Agro Meteorological Data Set. Multiple Linear Regression, Nonlinear Approximation based clustering, Expectation Maximization, Inductive Error correction and Artificial Neural Network algorithms were applied on the data set to predict rainfall instances and rainfall duration. Multiple Linear Regression (MLR) finds significant parameters from meteorological data. The new Data Segregation Algorithm partition the data into different segments based on the specific condition. The Expectation Maximization Clustering and Nonlinear Approximation based Clustering algorithm which uses standard deviation as error correction were applied on the partitioned data to predict no rainfall instances, and prediction accuracy of 79% and 65% to forecast low and high rainfall rates respectively. The prediction accuracy was still more improved by using Artificial Neural Network (ANN), and Inductive Error Correction algorithm. Algorithm uses mean squared error as back propagation was applied on partitioned data set. The model provides a prediction accuracy of 0.99 and 0.99 to predict low and high rainfall respectively. ANN algorithm was extended to find outliers during non-monsoon season.
- Shoba N, Dr. Asha T, “Influential parameters on rainfall forecasting using multiple linear regression,” International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR), 2019 JETIR February 2019, Volume 6, Issue 2, http://www.jetir.org/view?paper=JETIR1902744.
- Shobha. N, Dr. Asha T, “Mean Squared Error Applied in Back Propagation for Non Linear Rainfall Prediction,” Compusoft, an International Journal of Advanced Computer Technology, 8(9), September-2019 (Volume-VIII, Issue-IX) ISSN: 2320-0790, (SCOUPS), https://ijact.in/index.php/ijact/article/view/965.
- Shobha. N, Dr. Asha T, “Suprervised Multilevel Clustering for Rainfall forecasting using Meteorological data,” International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE), ISSN:2278-3075, Volume-8 Issue-12, October 2019,(SCOUPS),https://www.ijitee.org/wpcontent/uploads/papers/v8i12/L31451081219.pdf
- Shobha. N, Dr. Asha T, “Regression as an accuracy measure for ARIMA and ANN for rainfall event prediction and outlier prediction,” International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJECE), (SCOUPS) (On Review).
In National/International Conference Proceedings
- Dileep Dharmappa, Shailaja S. L, Shobha N, “A Good Performance Chaos based Security Algorithm for Images”, Emerging Trends in Engineering Technology and Applications-NCETETA 2009, Shridi Sai Engineering College, Bangalore.
- Shoba N, Dr. Asha T, “Monitoring Weather based Meteorological Data: Clustering approach for Analysis,” IEEE–International Conference on Innovative Mechanism for Industry Applications (ICIMIA 2017), Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bengaluru, 2017.
Participation in Training courses/Seminars/Workshops
- Two days workshop on Compiler Design at Vivekananda Institute of Technology from 19th & 20th Feb 2009.
- One day seminar on Introduction to Microsoft .Net frame work and how to work on Microsoft Products at A P S College of Engineering, Bangalore, on 18th March 2009.
- One day hands on session on Microprocessor Interfacing at Auden Technology & Management, Bangalore on 2nd April 2009.
- Five days Faculty Development program on Mission 10X at AMC College of Engineering, Bangalore on 19th to 23rd May 2009.
- Two days Seminar on Software Architecture at A P S College of Engineering, Bangalore on 21st and 22nd July 2009.
- Two days workshop on Embedded Computing at Sri Bhagavan Mahaveer Jain College of Engineering, Bangalore from 3rd to 4th August 2009.
- Two days Faculty Development program on Mission 10X at AMC College of Engineering, Bangalore on 20 and 21st September 2009.
- Three days workshop on Design and Analysis of Algorithms at NMIT , Bangalore from 26th, 27th & 28th October 2009.
- Three days workshop on System Simulation & Modeling at SJBIT, Bangalore from 28th, 29th& 30th Jan 2010.
- Two days seminar on Teaching & Learning Practices, Research Methodology & Writing Project Proposals at KSIT, Bangalore from 24th & 25th Jan 2011.
- Four days workshop on Theory & Practice on MATLAB at APSCE, Bangalore from 11th, 18th, 25thJune & 2nd July 2011.
- Three days workshop on Cognitive Machine Intelligence and Data Mining at BNMIT, Bangalore from 30, 31stJan and 1st Feb 2012.
- One day seminar on Advanced Java technologies for IBM TGMC at APSCE, Bangalore on 2nd March 2012.
- Three days National Level Workshop on “Machine Intelligence & Imaging Technologies” MI-IT 2013 at Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore on 28th – 30th August 2013.
- Three days Workshop on Medical Data mining and Analysis using open source tools at SJBIT, Bangalore on 5th to 7th Sep 2014.
- Three days workshop on Research Methodologies at VTU e-learning, Vidya Vikas Institute of Technology, Mysore from 29th – 31st Dec 2014.
- Three day National Level workshop on Recent Trends in IOT at BIT, Bangalore from 3rdto 5th October 2016.
- Six days workshop on Big Data and Machine Learning using R/SPARKLYR organized by Department of Computer Science and Engineering, CMRIT, Bangalore from 22 to 27 June 2020.