Prof. Eishwar Maanay
Designation : Associate Professor
Area of specialization : Computer Networks and its applications.
Date of Joining BNMIT : 1/1/2010
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : email@example.com
No. of years of Experience : 8 Years 6 Months(Teaching)
Department : Computer Science & Engineeering
|Degree||Institution||University / Board||Month & Year of Passing|
|M.S||New Jersey Institute of|
|NJIT University, USA||2005|
|B.E||Vivekananda Institute of|
Technology, Bengaluru, India
University, Belgaum, India
|1||Associate Professor in the Dept. of Computer Science and Engg.||BNM Institute of Technology||January 2010 to till Date|
|2||Business Analyst||First American Corporation, Bangalore||July 2007 to November 2009|
|3||Systems Business Analyst||MassMutual Financial Group, Springfield (MA), USA||March 2006 to Nov 2006|
|4||Programmer Analyst (Internship)||ITM Technologies||June 2004 to Dec 2004|
- 8 years and 6 months
- Coordinated JAD sessions with business users to analyze loan application lifecycle, gathered and defined the key performance indicators, documented and presented the requirements specifications.
- Identified constraints in the existing mechanism and designed solutions to overcome constraints
- Performed detailed requirements analysis and data analysis, created visual representation of dataflow process and architectural design of the application.
- Defined project milestones, schedules, monitoring progress using MS Project and updating plans as required.
- Monitored and ensured that requirements translate into viable mortgage lending business solutions. Worked alongside the Business Credit division. Responsible primarily in developing baseline and alternating strategies for innovative asset based lending, factoring, and debtor-in-possession financing to companies that are unable to obtain sufficient financing through conventional bank sources
- Initiated Use Case Analysis, which provided the framework for potential use case deliverables and their inter-relationships, and allowed for maximizing software reuse.
- Created data mappings from four distinct data models, further automated the process of electronic data exchange using the metadata registry.
- Documented User Requirements with MS Word and RequisitePro as editing tools. Performed Logical and Physical Design of the database.
- Created High level Use Cases, and developed detailed Scenarios and Sequence diagrams describing how actions are to be carried out.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios as per application specifications and application requirements and wrote test plans.
- Involved in creating automated test scripts representing various transactions, documenting the load testing process and methodology. Created meaningful reports for analysis. Integrating the Performance Testing in the SLC. Finally involved in the User Acceptance Testing of the new system.
- Interacted with business client groups to determine user requirements and goals for the imaging and workflow automation project.
- Acted as a Technical Resource from a system requirement standpoint, to both business users and the technical support teams. Maintained all the technical details and specifications for the project.
- Performed detailed requirements analysis and data analysis, created visual representation of dataflow processof the underlying system.
- Analyzed the AWD (Automated Workflow Distribution) softwares with regards to their technical specifications, installations and MassMutual specific software configurations.
- Created detailed technical specification documents, MassMutual specific installation documents for application deployment.
- Worked closely with the core technical team. Participated in system-critical review meetings. Brought out several technical issues which needed to be plugged.
- Interacted closely with the Software Distribution Services team and helped them deploy the packages via automated MM specific software deployment to more than a hundred and fifty machines.
- Interacted with the mailing services and image scanning team and reviewed the existing workflow method. Trained them on the newly implemented software workflow automation.
- Worked with subject matter experts (or SME) of various departments, including the fax deployment team, the email exchange server operations specialist, the network engineering team for end to end connectivity issues and the scanning machine expert to help me better understand the system.
- Met with the Information Security and firewall experts to properly understand the client-server policies of the company.
- Involved in setting up a model office work environment which included all the required business workflow softwares and constantly monitoring the changes.
- Updated new changes to the system configuration settings and incorporated the newly made changes into the model systems.
- Assisted the business to better understand the underlying systems and help them implement the AWD workflow into the existing MassMutual systems.
- Coordinated with the testing manager, checked the test scripts and identified the test cases and helped the business team during the performance testing phase.
- All the AWD softwares were regression tested and comprehensively tested for compatibility with other systems of the company which also included a pilot release on a certain group of systems.
- Initiated communication with the vendor company to provide intricate details and information during the initial trouble-shooting period.
- Developed prototype for the application for approval by the client.
- Developed (as a part of a team) Intranet based application software using Java Script, HTML and Oracle.
- Coded PL/SQL programs.
- Prepared unit test plans and performed thorough testing of the software.
- Developed Oracle stored procedures and packages for database operations.
- Development of web pages using JSP, Servlets and J2EE. Design of front end screens using HTML.
- Preparation of Unit Test data.
Awards and Achievements
- Provost Assistantship for academic excellence, MS NJIT
- First Class and Distinction student in BE,
- Represented the NJIT’s Swimming Team.
- Participated in State-Level Championships in Swimming, Tennis.
- Captained school Volleyball team.
- Interests: Photography, Wildlife Enthusiast & Conservationist, Tennis, General Knowledge books.
- Affiliations: WWF-India, YPS, People for Animals.
Expertise / list of Subjects handled
- Languages – Java, PL/SQL, C/C++, XML, Perl, Korn Shell, HTML, VB 6
- Packages – MS-Visio, MS- Project Rational Suite (Requisite Pro, Rose, Clear Quest)
- Web Tools – ASP, JSP, EJB, J2EE, Servlets, .NET
- RDBMS – Sybase, MS SQL Server, Oracle 8i/9i, DB2, MS Access
- Operating Systems – Windows XP/NT 4.0/2000/98, UNIX Solaris, Linux
- Office Suite – MS Office (MS-Word, MS-Power Point, MS-Excel) Adobe Acrobat
- Business Tools – Cognos (PowerPlay, DecisionStream ReportNet) ETL Concepts, Metadata, Data Mining
- Computer Networks
- Data Science
- Received DST Travel grant of Rs. 62,996/- to present IEEE paper in Malaysia in the year 2013
- Siddu P. Algur, Niharika Kumar, “Novel user centric, game theory based bandwidth allocation mechanism in WiMAX”, Springer Journal on Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences, 2013, 3:20, doi:10.1186/2192-1962-3-20, ISSN 2192- 1962.
- Niharika Kumar, Siddu P. Algur, “Three-Strike Algorithm for Bandwidth Allocation and Packet Scheduling”, International Journal of Wireless and Mobile Computing, Inderscience Journal, Volume 7, Number 6, 2014, ISSN 1741-1092(online), ISSN 1741- 1084 (print), pp. 517-52
- Siddu P. Algur, Niharika Kumar, ”Novel Graded, Priority Oriented Admission Control Mechanism in WiMAX”, Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, 2014, ISSN 1300-0632
- Niharika Kumar, Balasubramanya Murthy, “User Oriented Network Aware Bandwidth Allocation in WiMAX”, International Journal on Recent Trends in Engineering & Technology, Volume 5, Number 1, March 2011, ISSN 2158-5555 (Print), pp. 8-14
- Bhanu Prakash HN, Niharika Kumar,”Scaling Distributed Associative Classifier using Big Data”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Volume 5,Issue 6,June 2018,e-ISSN:2395-0056, p-ISSN:2395-0072.
- Akshatha S R, Niharika Kumar, ”Evaluation of BIRCH Clustering Algorithm for Big Data”, International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology, Volume 4,Issue 4,April-2019, ISSN No:2456-2165.
- Vijayalakshmi, Niharika Kumar, ”Survey on Risk Estimation of Chronic Disease using Machine Learning”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Volume 6,Issue 6,June 2019.
- Niharika Kumar, Y.M Kruthi, P. Anjali George, K.S Anouksha, A. Likhitha,”Sketch to Image Generation Using Generative Adversarial Network”,Journal of Critical Reviews,June 2020,Vol. 7,Issue 11,ISSN -2394-5125.
- Tina P.,Shravya A, Vedant Jain, Niharika Kumar, ”Unification of KYC process using Blockchain”, Journal of Critical Reviews, June 2020,Vol. 7,Issue 18,ISSN-2394-5125.
- Niharika Kumar, Shreyas B, Srinidhi SP,”A Blockchain-Based Secure and Sustainable Electronic Healthcare Record System”, International Journal of Perspectives in Communication, Embedded-Systems and Signal-Processing(PiCES),July 2020,ISSN: 2566-932X
- Brinda, B Sathish Babu, “Application of Partitioned EDF Scheduling in Cloud Computing Scenario”, International Conference on Emerging computation and Information Technology (ICECIT), Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Vol 2, 2013
- Siddu P. Algur, Niharika Kumar, “Mutually shared bandwidth allocation mechanism in IEEE 802.16e”, IEEE Symposium on Wireless Technology and Applications (ISWTA), Malaysia, 2013, ISSN : 2324-7843, ISBN: 978-1-4799-0155-5 (Print), pp.142-146
- Siddu P. Algur, Niharika Kumar, “Novel Priority Based Reservation Algorithm for Admission Control in WiMAX”, International Conference on Data Engineering and Communication Systems, ICDECS 2011, Bangalore, December 2011, pp. 310-313.
- Niharika Kumar, K. N. Balasubramanya Murthy, Amitkeerti M. Lagare, “DBAM: Novel User Based Bandwidth Allocation Mechanism in WiMAX”, Second International Conference on Advances in Communication, Network, and Computing,CNC 2011, Bangalore, India, Volume 142, March 2011, ISBN 978-3- 642-19541-9 (Print), ISBN 978-3-642-19542-6 (Online), pp. 229- 236.
- Niharika Kumar, Akshata D Joshi, Ashwini V, Sreevidya S Sastry, Tanuja G, “A Hybrid Scheduling Algorithm for Mobile WiMax Networks” ,at the International Conference on Electrical, Electronics & Computer Engineering, ICEECE 2013, Delhi, May 2013, pp 54-56.
- Niharika Kumar, “IoT Architecture and System Design for Healthcare Systems”, IEEE International Conference on Smart Technologies for Smart Nation,17-19 August 2017.
- Niharika Kumar, “Sentiment Analysis of Twitter Messages: Demonetization a Use Case”, IEEE 2nd International Conference on Computational Systems and Information Technology for Sustainable Solution, 21-23 December 2017.
- Ashwini, Niharika Kumar, “An Efficient Connection Admission Control Bandwidth Reservation Scheme for WiMAX Networks”, AMC College of Engineering, Bangalore, 15th May,2013.
- Siddu P. Algur, Niharika Kumar, User Oriented Quality of Service Framework for WiMAX, Wireless Communications and Networks – Recent Advances, Intech Publishers, Croatia, March 2012, ISBN 978-953-51-0189-5, pp. 405-428.
- Classical Dance
- Folk Dance
- Carnatic music – vocal
Any other things