Dr. Raghavendra C K
Designation : Associate Professor
Area of specialization : Data Mining
Date of Joining BNMIT : 1/20/2012
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : email@example.com
No. of years of Experience : 13 Years 2 Months
Department : Computer Science & Engineering
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing||% of marks obtained|
|M.Tech (CSE)||Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Davangere, India||June 2011||72.12%|
|B.E (CSE)||SJM Institute of Technology, Chitradurga, India||June 2009||67.62%|
Experience-13 Years 2 Months
|1||Associate Professor||BNM Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India||01/06/2023 – Till date|
|2||Assistant Professor||BNM Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India||20/01/2012 – 31/05/2023|
|3||Lecturer||S J M College, Challakere, India||01/02/2011 – 30/11/ 2011|
|4||Lecturer||S J M College, Challakere, India||01/07/ 2009 –30/11/2009|
Awards and Achievements
- Selected as Mentor for KaggleX BIPOC Mentorship Programs.
- Awarded ” Certificate of Appreciation ” for mentoring students to win 2nd place in Cognizant Digital Nurture Technoverse-2023 Karnataka.
- Awarded ” Certificate of Appreciation ” from L&T Technology Services for contribution as mentor for TECHgium 6th edition.
- Awarded ” Certificate of Appreciation ” from Samsung R&D Institute India for successfully mentoring students to complete project under Samsung Prism program.
- Awarded ” Certificate of Appreciation ” in recognition as a mentor for Smart India Hackathon Wining Team, 2022.
- Awarded “Certified Digital Teacher” by ICT Academy.
- Awarded ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ and ‘Top Performing Mentor’ in recognition of his role as a mentor for the NPTEL Online course by IIT, Madras Jul-Dec 2019.
- Qualified Karnataka State Eligibility Test -2018 (SET) for Assistant Professorship.
- Letter of Appreciation , “Academic Performance” – BNMIT for the year 2016-17
- Recognized as “GOLD Partner Faculty” under Inspire-The Campus Connect Faculty Partnership Model for contributions towards Campus Connect during Jan-Dec 2017.
- Awarded with A+ Grade for scoring above 80% in FEP on “UI Technologies” conducted by Infosys at Acharya Institute of Technology, Bengaluru.
- Recognized as “SILVER Partner Faculty” under Inspire-The Campus Connect Faculty Partnership Model for contributions towards Campus Connect during Jan-Dec 2016.
- Awarded Certificate of Appreciation and Amazon kindle for being the Runner-Up in “CONTENT GURU” Event of INSPIRE FACULTY EXCELLENCE AWARDS -The Annual Event (Technical Track)at Infosys Limited, Bengaluru DC on 30th June 2016.
- Recognized as “BRONZE Partner Faculty” under Inspire-The Campus Connect Faculty Partnership Model for contributions towards Campus Connect during Jan-Dec 2015.
- Awarded with A+ Grade for scoring above 80% in “Foundation Program 4.0” conducted by Infosys at RMK college of Engineering, Chennai.
- Awarded Certificate of Appreciation by IIT Madras for contribution towards “SHAASTRA 2014” at BNMIT, Bengaluru.
Invited Talks Delivered
- Delivered a session in Multidisciplinary International e-Symposium on “The Role of Information Technology and Advance Computing System in Global Research and Development”, organised by International Centre for Research and Development. 20th August 2020.
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities (University Level)
- VTU Squad for verification of CCTV and Creation of Infrastructure for VPN, 4th and 5th November 2019.
- Deputy Chief Superintendent (External) at BMS Evening College of Engineering, Bangalore from 18-06-2018 to 9-07-2018 for the conduction of June/July 2018 B.E. examinations of VTU, Belagavi.
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities (Institute and Department Level)
- SPOC for Smart India Hackathon 2023.
- Squad for BNMIT Semester End Exams September 2023
- Member of Editorial Team for the College magazine JNANA BHAGEERATHI (2012-2013).
- Department Placement Coordinator for academic years 2012-13, 2014-15 & 2015-16.
- Member of organizing committee for one week Faculty Development program on “Storage Area Network: Configuration & Management simplified” at BNMIT during Jan 19 to 23, 2015.
- Department Coordinator for TATVA 2016.
- Main Coordinator for Infosys Campus Connect-FP5.0, 2016-17
- Member of organizing committee for one week Faculty Development program on “Machine Learning” at BNMIT during Jan 18 to 23, 2016.
- Main coordinator for 2 days technical workshop on “Python Programming and Databases” conducted by INFOSYS at BNMIT, Jan 28-29, 2016.
- Member of organizing committee for 12th International Multi-Conference on Information Processing, Organized by The society of Information Processing, Bangalore from 19-21 August, 2016.
- Department Exam Coordinator for academic year 2016-17
- Department Test Coordinator for academic year 2017-18
- Main Coordinator for Infosys Campus Connect-FP5.0, 2017-18
- Main Coordinator for Infosys Campus Connect-FP5.0, 2018-19
- Main Coordinator- Experiential Learning Lab-Non IT branches for academic year 2018-19.
- Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for Infosys Limited for academic years 2015-16, 2017-18 & 2018-19.
- Member of organizing committee for fifth International Conference on Information Processing, Organized by Computing Professional Charitable Trust, Dept of CSE, UVCE Bangalore, 20-22nd December 2019.
- Member of organizing committee for Virtual Webinar Series on Research Frontiers in Intelligent Computing conducted during 25th to 3rd July 2020.
- Project / Internship Coordinator for academic year 2020-21.
- E- Attestation Officer – Verification and E-Attesting documents uploaded in SSP portal for academic year 2020-21.
- Department Website Coordinator from August 2019 to Present
- First Year coordinator from August 2021 to Present.
Reviewer at National/International Conference/Seminars
- Reviewer for Sixth International Conference on Information Processing (ICInPro), 2021.
- Reviewer for Seventh IEEE International Conference on Recent Advances and Innovations in Engineering, organized by NITK Surathkal, December 1-3 2022.
- IEEE CSE Membership No. 99557182
- Life member of ISTE, Id no: LM 133033
- The Institute of Engineers (India), ID no: M-1695090.
Expertise / list of Subjects handled
- Computer Concepts and C Programming
- Programming in C and Data Structures
- Data Structures
- Data Mining
- Object Oriented Modeling and Design
- Compiler Design
- UNIX Shell Programming
- Managing Big Data
- Database Management System and
- Object Oriented Concepts using JAVA
- Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Data Mining
Selected for a grant of Rs. 1Lakh from AICTE for developing students clubs under SPICES Scheme.
- Guided Students for industry projects under Samsung PRISM Program.
Patents and Copyright
- Copyright Grant Registration no. SW-15947/2023
- Raghavendra C K and Madhuri M, ICT Tools for Efficient Implementation of Blended and Flipped Learning Models. In Redefining Virtual Teaching Learning Pedagogy, Wiley 2023.DOI: 10.1002/9781119867647.ch20
- Raghavendra C K and Srikantaiah K C. Weighted Hybrid Model for Improving Predictive Performance of Recommendation Systems Using Ensemble Learning, Indian Journal of Computer Science and Engineering, Vol. 13, No.2, pp. 513-524, Mar-Apr 2022.
- Raghavendra C K and Srikantaiah K C. Deep Transfer-Based Skin Carcinoma Detection, ECS Trans. 107 12055, 2022.
- Raghavendra C K, Srikantaiah K.C. Switching Hybrid Model for Personalized Recommendations By Combining Users Demographic Information, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, Vol. 100. Issue 3, 2022.
- Pooja M Kerudi, Pratheeksha M, T Sai Srujan and Raghavendra C K, Book Recommendation System: A Systematic Review and Research Issues, Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Volume 50, Issue 6, June 2021, ISSN-1671-4512.
- Raghavendra C K, Srikantaiah K.C, Venugopal K. R, “Personalized Recommendation Systems (PRES): Comprehensive Study and Research Issues”, International Journal of Modern Education and Computer Science(IJMECS), Vol.10, No.10, pp. 11-21, 2018.DOI: 10.5815/ijmecs.2018.10.02
- Girisha GS,Raghavendra C K, “Classification of Yeast Dataset by Transductive Multi Label Learning via Label set Propagation,” in International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (IJIRSET), ISSN: 2319-8753, Vol. 6, Special Issue 12, July 2017.
- K, Raghavendra C.K, “Melanoma Detection and Classification System using Artificial Neural Networks,” in International Journal of Trend in Research and Development (IJTRD), ISSN: 2394-9333, Volume 4, Issue 3, June 2017.
- Swathi K, Raghavendra C.K, “Techniques of Skin Cancer Detection and Classification”, Published in International Journal of Trend in Research and Development (IJTRD), ISSN: 2394-9333, Volume 4, Issue 3, and June 2017
- Raghavendra C K and Srikantaiah K C. Analysis of Prediction Accuracies for Memory Based and Model Based Collaborative Filtering Models, In Springer 6th International Conference on Inventive Systems and Control (ICISC), JCT College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore, India, January 6 and 7, 2022
- Raghavendra C K and Srikantaiah K C. The State of the Art in Deep learning based Recommender Systems, In Springer 3rd International Conference on Mobile Computing and Sustainable Informatics (ICMCSI), Tribhuvan University, Nepal, January 27 and 28, 2022
- Raghavendra C K and K. C. Srikantaiah. Similarity Based Collaborative Filtering Model for Movie Recommendation Systems, In 5th International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Control Systems (ICICCS), pp. 1143-1147, 2021
- B. Sushma, C. K. Raghavendra and J. Prashanth. CNN based U-Net with Modified Skip Connections for Colon Polyp Segmentation, In 5th International Conference on Computing Methodologies and Communication (ICCMC), pp. 1762-1766, 2021
- Seshamalini M, Sindhu Annappa Naik, Soundarya K R Hebbar, Raghavendra C K, “A Framework for Spam Detection in Online Social Media Reviews”, 10th National Conference on Advances in Information Technology (NCAIT-18), at SJBIT , May 9, 2018
- Girisha G S,Raghavendra C K, Prashanth J, “Multi Label Learning via Label set Propagation“, 2nd International Conference on Computer Science & Technology Allies in Research (ICCSTAR) at City College of Engineering, Bangalore, on 11 and 12th May 2017.
- Girisha GS,Raghavendra C K, Prashanth J, “Multiple Instance Learning Techniques for Multimedia data mining and their Applications”, 22nd International Conference on Cloud Computing Computer Science and Advances in Information Technology (ICCCCIT), Mysore, September 11, 2016.
- Raghavendra C K, “Comparison of Mammogram Classification Accuracies of Support Vector Machines (SVM) and Artificial Neural Networks (ANN)”, International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering and Management (ICCTEM 2012), VVCE, Mysore, July 12-14, 2012.
- Raghavendra C K, “Determination of Classification Accuracies for SVM with RBF Kernel and ANN with Feed Forward Multi-Layer Perceptron”, National Conference on Advances in Computer Applications (NCACA 2012), SSIT, Tumkur, May 10-11, 2012.