Raghavendra C K
Designation : Assistant Professor
Area of specialization : Data Mining
Date of Joining BNMIT : 1/20/2012
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : email@example.com
No. of years of Experience : 10yrs 3 Months
Department : Computer Science & Engineering
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing||% of marks obtained|
|M.Tech (CSE)||Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Davangere, India||November 2011||72.12%|
|B.E (CSE)||SJM Institute of Technology, Chitradurga, India||September 2009||67.62%|
|PhD (Pursuing)||VTU||Completed Comprehensive Viva-Voce|
|1||Assistant Professor||BNM Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India||20/01/2012 – till date|
|2||Guest Lecturer||S J M College, Challakere, India||February 2011 – November 2011|
|3||Guest Lecturer||S J M College, Challakere, India||July 2009 – November 2009|
Awards and Achievements
- Awarded ‘Certificate of Appreciation’and ‘Top Performing Mentor’ in recognition of his role as a mentor for the NPTEL Online course by IIT, Madras Jul-Dec 2019.
- Qualified Karnataka State Eligibility Test -2018 (SET) for Assistant Professorship.
- Letter of Appreciation , “Academic Performance” – BNMIT for the year 2016-17
- Recognized as “GOLD Partner Faculty” under Inspire-The Campus Connect Faculty Partnership Model for contributions towards Campus Connect during Jan-Dec 2017.
- Awarded with A+ Grade for scoring above 80% in FEP on “UI Technologies” conducted by Infosys at Acharya Institute of Technology, Bengaluru.
- Recognized as “SILVER Partner Faculty” under Inspire-The Campus Connect Faculty Partnership Model for contributions towards Campus Connect during Jan-Dec 2016.
- Awarded Certificate of Appreciation and Amazon kindle for being the Runner-Up in “CONTENT GURU” Event of INSPIRE FACULTY EXCELLENCE AWARDS -The Annual Event (Technical Track)at Infosys Limited, Bengaluru DC on 30th June 2016.
- Recognized as “BRONZE Partner Faculty” under Inspire-The Campus Connect Faculty Partnership Model for contributions towards Campus Connect during Jan-Dec 2015.
- Awarded with A+ Grade for scoring above 80% in “Foundation Program 4.0” conducted by Infosys at RMK college of Engineering, Chennai.
- Awarded Certificate of Appreciation by IIT Madras for contribution towards “SHAASTRA 2014” at BNMIT, Bengaluru.
Expertise / list of Subjects handled
- Computer Concepts and C Programming
- Programming in C and Data Structures
- Data Structures
- Data Mining
- Object Oriented Modeling and Design
- Compiler Design
- UNIX Shell Programming
- Managing Big Data
- Database Management System and
- Object Oriented Concepts using JAVA
- Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Data Mining
- Raghavendra C K, Srikantaiah K.C, Venugopal K. R, “Personalized Recommendation Systems (PRES): Comprehensive Study and Research Issues”, International Journal of Modern Education and Computer Science(IJMECS), Vol.10, No.10, pp. 11-21, 2018.DOI: 10.5815/ijmecs.2018.10.02
- Girisha GS,Raghavendra C K, “Classification of Yeast Dataset by Transductive Multi Label Learning via Label set Propagation,” in International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (IJIRSET), ISSN: 2319-8753, Vol. 6, Special Issue 12, July 2017.
- K, Raghavendra C.K, “Melanoma Detection and Classification System using Artificial Neural Networks,” in International Journal of Trend in Research and Development (IJTRD), ISSN: 2394-9333, Volume 4, Issue 3, June 2017.
- Swathi K, Raghavendra C.K, “Techniques of Skin Cancer Detection and Classification”, Published in International Journal of Trend in Research and Development (IJTRD), ISSN: 2394-9333, Volume 4, Issue 3, and June 2017
- Seshamalini M, Sindhu Annappa Naik, Soundarya K R Hebbar, Raghavendra C K, “A Framework for Spam Detection in Online Social Media Reviews”, 10th National Conference on Advances in Information Technology (NCAIT-18), at SJBIT , May 9, 2018
- Girisha G S,Raghavendra C K, Prashanth J, “Multi Label Learning via Label set Propagation“, 2nd International Conference on Computer Science & Technology Allies in Research (ICCSTAR) at City College of Engineering, Bangalore, on 11 and 12th May 2017.
- Girisha GS,Raghavendra C K, Prashanth J, “Multiple Instance Learning Techniques for Multimedia data mining and their Applications”, 22nd International Conference on Cloud Computing Computer Science and Advances in Information Technology (ICCCCIT), Mysore, September 11, 2016.
- Raghavendra C K, “Comparison of Mammogram Classification Accuracies of Support Vector Machines (SVM) and Artificial Neural Networks (ANN)”, International Conference on Current Trends in Engineering and Management (ICCTEM 2012), VVCE, Mysore, July 12-14, 2012.
- Raghavendra C K, “Determination of Classification Accuracies for SVM with RBF Kernel and ANN with Feed Forward Multi-Layer Perceptron”, National Conference on Advances in Computer Applications (NCACA 2012), SSIT, Tumkur, May 10-11, 2012.