Area of specialization :
Date of Joining BNMIT :
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) :
E-mail Id :
No. of years of Experience :
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing||% of marks obtained|
|Ph.D||National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli||Mar 2017|
[Hons] (Information Technology)
|SASTRA University, Tanjore,||2005||CGPA 7.93|
- Teaching Experience: 5yrs 3months
- Research Experience: 6yrs 7months
- Total Experience: 11yrs 10 months
|1||Associate Professor||BNM Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India||5 Oct 2020 till date|
|2||Associate Professor||RajaRajeswari College of Engineering, Bangalore||2 Aug 2017 to 29 Sep 2020||3 Years and 1 month|
|3||Full time Research Scholar||National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli (NITT)||11 Aug 2010 to 16 Mar 2017||6 years 7 months|
|4||Assistant Professor||M.A.M. College of Engineering, Tiruchirappalli||11th June 2008 to 10th August 2010||2 Years 2 Months|
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities University Level
- UG Practical Examiner
- PG Project External Examiner
- Deputy Chief Superintendent (External)
- NBA Coordinator
- Timetable Coordinator
- Event Coordinator
- FDP Coordinator
- Institution Innovation Council (IIC) Coordinator
Awards and Achievements
- Received Honours in B.Tech
Expertise / list of Subjects handled
- Database Management System
- Computer Organization
- Python Application Programming
- Data Communication
- Operating System
- Computer Networks
- Social media retrieval
- Semantic Web
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Sentiment Analysis
- Ontological Modelling
Funding received: NIL
- Received 3 Lakhs fund from VTU TEQIP 1.3 for 5-day Training programme on “Outcome Based Education and NBA Accreditation.”
- Selvam Blessy, Ravimaran S, Sheba Selvam, “Parallelized root cause analysis using cause-related aspect formulation technique (CRAFT)”. The Journal of Supercomputing. 2019 Sep 1;75(9):5914-29.
- Sheba Selvam, B. Ramadoss and S. R. Balasundaram, “Ontology-Based Event Detection Framework for Journalist”, Journal of Web Engineering (JWE), 17, No.6 (2018) 3583-3598 (SCI)
- Sheba Selvam, B.Ramadoss and S.R.Balasundaram, “Ontology With Hybrid Clustering Approach for Improving the Retrieval Relevancy in Social Event Detection”, International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems (IJSWIS) Volume 14, Issue 4, (2018):33-56 (SCI)
- Sheba Selvam, Ramadoss Balakrishnan, and Balasundaram Sadhu Ramakrishnan, “Social Event Detection–a systematic approach using Ontology and Linked Open Data with Significance to Semantic Links.” International Arab Journal of Information Technology Vol 15, no. 4 (2018): 729-738. (SCI).
- Sheba Selvam,Suchithra K, Ranjitha C, Sahana B S and Sangavi S K, “Garbage Detection for Cleanliness Assessment in Urban Areas Using Fast Region Convolutional Neural Networks”, Journal of Critical Reviews, 2020, Vol. 7, No. 14, pp. 1755 – 7496
- Sheba Selvam, “Career recommender system using random forest algorithm”, Journal of Critical Reviews, 2020, Vol. 7, No. 14, pp.
- Sheba Selvam, Megaldon Jasper K, Prashanth N, Preetham M and Manoj V, “Handwritten Digit and Character Recognition Using Neural Networks”, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 2020, Vol. 29, No. 6, pp. 7497 – 7507
- Blessy Selvam, S Ravimaran, Sheba Selvam, “Heterogeneous Weighted Voting based Ensemble (HWVE) for Root-Cause Analysis”, Journal of Information Technology Research (JITR), 2019, Accepted (Scopus). In press.
- Blessy Selvam, S Ravimaran, Sheba Selvam, “Enhanced Root Cause Analysis using Rule based Aspect Extraction and RNN (RAER)”, Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems, Vol. 11, 04-Special Issue, 2019. 332-338 (Scopus)
- Sheba Selvam, B. Ramadoss, and S. R. Balasundaram (2015), Geo distance-based event detection in social media. International Journal of Computational Intelligence Studies, Vol. 4(1), pp. 87-101, Inderscience Publisher.
- Vinod Kumar k, Sheba Selvam, Suraj S and Chandra Shekar SS (2019). Prediction of Fine-Grained Air Quality for Pollution Control, International Conference on Innovations in Computing, Automation and Intelligent Information Systems (ICAIIS)
- Gaurav Kumar, Sheba Selvam, Meghana R. salmagundi and Aastha Mishra (2018). Data Noise Reduction and Analysis for Domain based Lead Generation, International Conference on Recent Trends in Computational Engineering and Technologies (ICTRCET’18).
- N, Sheba Selvam, Prathap. R and Sushmitha. M (2018). Threat Modeling for Commercial Website – A Tool based approach using OWASP Standards, International Conference on Recent Trends in Computational Engineering and Technologies (ICTRCET’18)
- Blessy Selvam, S Ravimaran, Sheba Selvam(2018). Hybrid approach for root cause analysis of aspects using online reviews, International Conference on Recent Trends in Computational Engineering and Technologies (ICTRCET’18)
- Sheba Selvam, B. Ramadoss, and S. R. Balasundaram (2015). A Combined Clustering Approach for Social Event Detection in Flickr, 2nd International Conference on Data Engineering and Communication Systems, RNS Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, India, 28-29 December 2015. Proceedings in the International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Volume 10, Number 86 (2015) Special Issues,168-171. (Scopus)
- Sheba Selvam, B. Ramadoss, and S. R. Balasundaram (2013). Event Detection Refinement Using External Tags for Flickr Collections, In the Proceedings of the International Conference on Advanced Computing, Networking, and Informatics, Springer, Raipur, India, 12-14 June 2013, Vol. 243, pp. 369-375. (Scopus). Cited by 6.
- Presented a paper titled “Face region analysis using Embedding Techniques”, at ACENET ‘06, PSNA College of Engineering & Technology, Dindigul.
- Presented a paper titled “Security for Commercial Grid Environment”, at National Conference on Engineers Meet in Emerging Trends, April 5th2007, Oxford Engineering College, Tiruchirappalli.
- Presented a paper titled “Voice Security for Grid”, at National Conference on Recent Trends in Computer Technologies & Applications, 11th-12thOctober 2016, Pavendar Barathidasan College of Engineering & Technology, Trichy.
Invited Talks/ Technical Sessions Chaired
- As Jury in Internal Hackathon for “Smart India Hackathon, 2020”, RRCE, Bangalore.
- Reviewer for International Conference on “Data Science and Computational Security” (IDSCS 2020), CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Pune Lavasa Campus, in association with Springer on 13-14 March 2020.
- Reviewer for International Conference on “Data Science and Communication” (IconDSC’19), CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Bangalore on 1-2 March 2019
- Session chair for International Conference on “Recent Trends in Computational Engineering and Technologies” (ICTRCET’18) in association with IEEE Bengaluru Section, on 17th & 18th May 2018, RRCE, Bangalore
Delivered guest lecture on “LaTeX” on 25th Jan 2018 at RajaRajeswari College of Engineering
- Sheba Selvam., Blessy Selvam., Naveen J. (2020) “Root-Cause Analysis Using Ensemble Model for Intelligent Decision-Making”. In: Rout J., Rout M., Das H. (eds) Machine Learning for Intelligent Decision Science. Algorithms for Intelligent Systems. Springer, Singapore. First Online 03 April 2020
- “CRYPTOGRAPHIC SECURITY OF DATA TRANSFERS IN COMPUTER SYSTEMS”, Application No.202041005154 A, Publication Date: 14/02/2020
FDP /Workshops /Seminars/Guest Lectures Organized
- Organized 5-Day Virtual FDP on “Emerging Applications in Deep Learning” from 8thJune 2020 to 12th June 2020.
- Mini Project Exhibition 18thNov 2019, RRCE, Bangalore
- FDP on “Data Science”, from 28thJan 2018 to 3rd Feb 2019 conducted by TEQUED labs in RRCE, Bangalore.
- “Project Exhibition” 25thMay 2018, RRCE, Bangalore.
- Guest Lecture on “ARM 7 Processor” 24thApril 2018, RRCE, Bangalore.
- Technical Seminar on “Machine Learning” 12thMarch 2018, RRCE, Bangalore.
- Educational Outreach 10thJanuary 2018 to The Government School, Ramohalli, Bangalore
- Mini Project Exhibition on27thSeptember 2017, RRCE, Bangalore.
- Educational Outreach on 9thSeptember 2017, to The Government School, Ramohalli, Bangalore.
- Student Development Programme on “Android/Networking/Python”, 4thand 5th September 2017, RRCE, Bangalore.
- 3-day workshop on “Android Applications/ Advanced Networking/ JAVA, J2EE & Cloud Applications”, 30 Aug – 01 Sep 2017, RRCE, Bangalore.
- Technical seminar on “Storage Area Networks”, 24 August 2017, RRCE, Bangalore.
Any other things