Designation : Associate Professor
Area of specialization : Energy Management, Embedded
Date of Joining BNMIT : 07/03/2005
Nature of Association : Regular
E-mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
No. of years of Experience : 25
|Degree||Institution||Year of Passing||Class Obtained|
|M.Sc (Engg)||Research Center, Department of EEE, BNMIT, India.||2013|
|M.S (Electronics and Control)||BITS Pilani, India||1999||CGPA – 9.03|
|B.E(Electrical & Electronics Engineering)||GVIT, KGF ,Affiliated to Bangalore University.||1993||I Class|
|1||Associate Professor, Dept. of EEE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||05/03/2012 – Till date|
|2||Asst. Professor, Dept. of EEE, BNMIT||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||1/12-2005 – 04/03/2012|
|3||Senior Lecturer, Dept. of EEE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||7/3/2005 – 30/11/2005|
|4||Lecturer, Dept. of EEE||GVIT, KGF, India||17/04/995 – 06/03/2005|
Awards and Achievements
- Practical exam co-ordinator. co-opted member year odd semester 2019-20
- External DCS for SJB School of Architecture and Planning, odd semester 2019-20.
- Member BOE, VTU, Academic year 2014-2015.
- Practical exam co-ordinator. co-opted member year 2016-17.
- Video recording for VTU e-learning in the subject Electronics lab.(11/08/2016 – 22/08/2016)
- Awarded as Best Faculty of the year 2018-19 by M/s Cognizant
- Letter of appreciation from Management of BNMIT for securing faculty appraisal greater than 90% during academic year 2016-17 and 2017-18, 2018-19
- Awarded Best Paper of the conference for the paper titled, “Implementation of digital PID for speed control of DC motor”, at the National conference on Advanced Techniques in Electrical Engineering (NCATEE – 2008), SJBIT, Bangalore on 26thMarch 2008.
- Invited talk on “Analog Electronics and applications“at Sairam College, Anekal on 05th Dec 2019
- Invited talk on “Analog Electronics and applications“at Sairam College, Anekal on 09th Nov 2017.
- Invited talk on “Analog Electronics and applications“at Sairam College, Anekal on 20th Oct 2016.
- Invited talk on “Analog Electronics” at SSEC, Anekal on 15th Sept 2015.
- Invited talk on “DSM customer perspective” at AMCCE, Bengaluru on 11/02/2015.
- Invited talk on “Control Engineering applications in Electrical Engineering”at SJBIT, Bangalore on 12/04/2014.
- Invited talk on “Energy Auditing and Demand side management” at DSCE, Bangalore on 28/09/2011.
- Auditor for Mock NBA at BIT, Bengaluru on 18thJuly 2019.
- Jury member for the project exhibition “Pradarshana 2019” held at MSRIT, Bengaluru on 25thMay 2019.
- Chair person for the National conference on Power control and signal processing at GCE, Ramanagaram on 8th April 2015
- Jury member judge for the Final Project Exhibition held at BMSCE, Bangalore on 21st May 2014.
- Jury member for the project and paper contest at CIT Gubbi in the National level symposium “KNEW 2011” on 30th March 2011
- Jury member for the project and paper contest at CIT Gubbi in the National level symposium “KNEW 2008” on 7th November 2008.
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Analog Electronics Circuits
- Basic Electronics
- OpAmp and Linear IC applications
- Control Systems
- Electrical Machine Design
- Management & Entrepreneurship
- Embedded System
- Electrical power utilization
- Energy Auditing & DSM
- Peripherals and Microcontrollers
- Unix and C
- Computer organization
- Modeling and Analysis of Electrical machines
- Microcontroller and application
- Machine learning
- Energy management
- Currently pursuing Ph.D in the area of Liquid dielectrics under VTU.
- Kumar, Vidya H A, “Application of k-Nearesty Neibhour(kNN) machine learning algorithm for Transformer fault classification”, at IJAST(Scopus indexed), ISSN: 2005 – 4238, Vol. 29, No. 6, 2020 PP8441 – 8448
- Kumar,” Demand side management: case study at educational institute”, at IJAERD, ISSN(online):2348-4470, ISSN(print):2348-6406, Volume 06, Isuue 03, March-2019, pp 27- 30. [Impact factor: SJF:5.71]
- Chetan. S. A.Kumar,” Mathematical modeling of three phase Induction motor and its speed control by SPWM and SVPWM techniques”, at IJAERD, ISSN(online):2348-4470, ISSN(print):2348-6406, Volume 04, Isuue 05, May -2017, pp 393-401. [Impact factor: 4.72]
- Ashitha S Kumar, Dinari Kiran kumar, Kumar, Shruthi Vaidya, ” Reduction Of Harmonics In Power Distribution Systems Using Hybrid Active Filter”, at IJAERD, ISSN(online):2348-4470, ISSN(print):2348-6406, Volume 04, Isuue 05, May-2017, pp 48-55. [Impact factor: 4.72]
- Kumar,” Energy conservation: a case study on energy conservation in residential apartment complex”, at IJAERD, ISSN(online):2348-4470, ISSN(print):2348-6406, Volume 04, Isuue 04, April-2017, pp 1056 – 1059. [Impact factor: 4.72]
- Shishir Chandra, P Vivek, Kumar, “ A smart system of a AC motor speed control based on room temperature”, at IJRET, eISSN:2319-1163, pISSN:2321-7308, Vol 5, issue 9, Sept 2016, pp 212-216.
- Chaitanya, Kumar, “ A Novel High efficiency converter for renewable energy generation application”, at IJRET, eISSN:2319-1163, pISSN:2321-7308, Vol 5, issue 5, May 2016, pp 290-294.
- Champa P N, Kumar A, “Implementation of interleaved soft switching boost converter with PV source” at International Journal of Science and Technoledge, ISSN : 2321-919x, Vol 11, issue VI, June 2014.
- Shravanthi, Kumar A, “Implementation of synchronous buck converter with PV source”, at International Journal of Science and Technoledge, ISSN : 2321-919x, Vol 11, issue VI, June 2014.
- Kumar,Dr. G R Gurumurthy, “Influence of Switching Elements on Harmonics and Power Factor Improvement”, at International Journal of Engineering Research and Development, p-ISSN:2278-800x, vol 7, issue 12, July 2013, pp 18-24.
- Kumar,Dr. Vidya H A, Bala Gopal Reddy G, “Modified Fuzzy logic technique for Power Transformer fault prediction” at IEEE-ICSPACE-2017 held at GAT, Bangalore between 17-19th August 2017. The paper was published in IEEE Xplore.
- Shashidhar, Kumar, “Smart DC micro-grid for effective utilization of solar energy” at IC on RTPES-2016 held at AMC Engineering college, Bengaluru on 4th April 2016
- Archana, Kumar, “Modelling of Industrial Drives for Simulation and PQ considerations”, at ICICE-2013 held at Bangalore on 28thJune 2013.
- Kruthi Jayaram, A.Kumar, “Design and implementation of Drive control for electric vehicle”, at ICICE-2013 held at Bangalore on 28thJune 2013
- Nivedhita, Shobitha, Sushme, A.Kumar,”Energy efficient lighting system”, at National conference on Advanced Techniques in EEE-15 held on 9th May 2018 at SJBIT, Bengaluru
- Chaitanya, Kumar, “High Efficency wide input range LLC resonanat converter for Renewable energy generation system with fixed frequency PWM control method” at NCESM – 2016 held on 23rd and 24th March 2016 organized by SIET, Tumukuru
- Meghana, Kumar“ Simulation of dynamic voltage restorer during 3-phase fault” at National conference on Advanced Techniques in EEE-15 held on 9th May 2015 at SJBIT, Bengaluru
- Champa, Kumar,“Simulation study of single and Interleaved soft switching boost converter with PV source”, National Conference on Advanced techniques in EEE (NCATEEE – 14), SJBIT, Bangalore on 10thMay 2014.
- Shravanthi, Kumar, “Soft switching synchronous buck converter with PV source” , National Conference on Advanced techniques in EEE (NCATEEE – 14), SJBIT, Bangalore on 10thMay 2014.
- Deepak K Srivatsa, Preethi B, Parinitha R, Sumana G, Kumar, “Smart Street Lights”, India Educators Conference (TIIEC) – 2013, Texas Instruments, between 4th– 6th April 2013,Published in IEEE Explore
- Manjunath H P, A,Kumar, “PF improvement and its effects on harmonic distortion for a 1-phase fully controlled rectifier with RL-load”, at NCRE3CT-2011 held at BNMIT on 14thOctober 2011.
- Kumar,Dr. G.R.Gurumurthy, “Power factor improvement and its effect on Harmonic Distortion”, at National Conference on Energy Systems and Energy Issues (ESEI – 2011) at BMSCE, Bangalore held on 18th and 19th February 2011.
- Kumar,K.Venkatesha, “Implementation of Digital PID for speed control of DC motor” at National conference on Advanced Techniques in Electrical Engineering (NCATEE – 2008), SJBIT, Bangalore on 26th March 2008.
- Venkatesha, A.Kumar, “Fuzzy logic based closed loop speed control of separately excited DC motor” at National symposium on “Scenario of scientific and information technology in power and electronic systems( SSITPES-2008)” at DSCE, Bangalore held on 3rdand 4th April 2008.
- Listening to melodies
Any other things
- Secured Top 1% ranking in NPTEL course “Microprocessor and Microcontroller” with 88%
- Completed certificate course on “Programming for everybody(Getting started with python)” from University of Michigan, through Courseera
- Completed a NPTEL course on “Operating system fundamentals”