Designation :Associate Professor
Area of specialization :Insulation Engineering/Signal Processing, Power Systems
Date of Joining BNMIT :
Nature of Association : Regular
E-mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
No. of years of Experience : 13
|Degree||Institution||Year of Passing||Class Obtained|
(Power & Energy Systems)
|UVCE, Bengaluru.||2006||First class|
(Electrical & Electronics Engineering,)
|GVIT, KGF, Karnataka||1999||First class|
|1||Associate Professor, Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering,||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||28th August 2020- Till date|
|2||Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering,||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||January, 2012 – 27th August 2020|
|3||Lecturer, Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering,||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||January, 2010 – December 2011|
|4||Lecturer , Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering,||Horizon College of Engineering, Bengaluru, INDIA||August 2006 – December, 2008|
Awards and Achievements
- Judge in the Project Exhibition 2018-19 organized by the Dept of EEE, KSSEM, Bangalore on 20-05-2019
- Jury Member, Online Project Exhibition-“Project Expo-2020”, Conducted under IEEE Power and Energy Society Branch, GAT.
- NPTEL courses on Principles of Signals & Systems, Developing soft skills and Personality, Op-Amp practical Applications: Design, Simulation and Implementation, Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering, Enhancing Soft skills and Personality, NBA Accreditation and Teaching –learning in Engineering
- COURSERA courses on Mind Control: Managing your Mental Health during COVID-19, Learning to Teach Online, and Introduction to programming with MATLAB
- Life Member (LM 127517), The ISTE.
- Member, The Institute of Engineers, India
- IEEE Membership-Membership No.: 97586361 for 2021
- Deputy Chief Superintendent (External) at KSSEM, Bangalore during March 2018 for the conduction of March 2018 B.E. examinations for One Time Exit Scheme of VTU, Belgaum.
- Paper Setter for B.E., and M.Tech course during 2016-2017 VTU Examinations
- Valuator for VTU examinations.
- Internship Coordinator – 2019-2020
- Coordinator, Department Newsletter “MINCHU”, June-2018, November-2017 and June- 2017 Editions.
- Time Tablecoordinator, Dept. of EEE, BNMIT (Even Semester-2016-2017, Odd semester-2015-2016, 2012-2013)
- UG Project Coordinator, Dept of EEE, (2020-2021, 2011-2012).
- Internship Coordinator (2019-2020)
- Library in Charge, Dept of EEE. (for 3 years)
- Test coordinator, Dept. of EEE, BNMIT (Even 2009-2010 , Odd 2010-2011, 2013-2014)
- Coordinator, NAAC, Dept. of EEE.
- Coordinator for NBA, Dept of EEE, BNMIT. • Coordinator at different levels, FDPs / Workshops conducted by Dept of EEE.
- CMS coordinator, Dept of EEE, BNMIT (from 2015 – Till date).
- Lab In-charge during all the semesters.
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Analog Electronics Circuits
- Logic Design
- Network Analysis
- Power Electronics
- Signals & Systems
- Transmission & Distribution
- Operational Amplifiers & Linear Integrated Circuits
- Power System Analysis
- Control Systems
- Computer Aided Electrical Drawing
- Computer Techniques in Power Systems
- Electrical Power Utilization
- HVDC Power Transmission
- Testing & Commissioning of Electrical Equipment
- Power System Operation & Control
- DSP Application to Drives
- Modelling & Analysis of Electrical Machines
- Power Systems
- High Voltage Engineering
- Robotics and Electric Vehicles
- Madhu S, Vidya H A, “Denoising of Experimental Corona Discharge Signals in Insulation Sample using Adaptive Signal Processing”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, June 2017, DOI:10.15662/IJAREEIE.2017.0606046, pp 5043-5051.
- Shruthi Vaidya, Dinari Kiarn Kumar, Madhu S, Ashitha S Kumar, “Simulation of Three-phase Transformerless Online UPS using MATLAB/SIMULINK”, International Journal of Advance Engineering and Research Development, International Journal of Advance Engineering and Research Development (IJAERD) Volume 4, Issue 5, May-2017, e-ISSN: 2348 – 4470, print-ISSN: 2348-6406, pp 654-660.
- Swapna C M, Madhu S, “Study and Simulation of Airborne transmitters power supply” Swapna C M, Madhu S, K V S Sastry, ICITC on 5th July 2014 at Bangalore.
- Madhu S, Amit Seth, Vidya H A, Sumathi S ,“Level Development wavelet selection for denoising of PD signals simulated by DEP & DOP models IACEEE on 27th July 2014.
- Vishnu S, Anil Kumar M, Manjesha G M, Zaheer Pasha, Madhu S, “Design of Unmanned Ground Vehicle for Border Surveillance”, IRJET, Vol 7, Issue 4, April 2020, p-ISSN: 2395-0056.
- Madhu S, Sumathi S, Vidya H A,“Pre-processing of experimental Partial discharge signals in Insulation samples using Adaptive signal Processing”, IEEE ICSPACE- 2017, Global Academy Technology, AUG-2017.
- Sumathi S, Madhu S, Vidya H A, “A novel approach for partial discharge Pattern Recognition based on FP3CM-ENN”, IEEE International Conference on ICSPACE- 2017, Global Academy Technology, AUG-2017.
- Madhu S, Bhavani H B, Sumathi. S, Vidya H A, “Performance analysis of thresholding techniques for denosing of simulated Partial discgarge signals corrupted by Gaussian white noise”, IEEE International Conferenceon Power and Advanced Control Engineering(ICPACE-2015), held during 12th August to 15th August, 2015, BNMIT, Bengaluru.
- Madhu S, Vijay Kumar G, Sunil Kumar N, “Simulation of Buck or Boost Rectifier using Single phase matrix converter with reduced switch count”, International Conferenceon IEEE-ICPACE, Sachin B K, ICPACE-2015, held during 12th August to 15th August, 2015, BNMIT, Bengaluru.
- Madhu S, Bhavani H B, Sumathi S, Vidya H A,” A novel algorithm for denoising of simulated partial discharge signals using adaptive wavelet thresholding methods”, International conferenceon Electronics and communication systems,26th -27th February, 2015, KCE, Coimbatore.
- Amit Seth, Madhu S, Vidya H A, “Level dependent wavelet selection for denoising of partial discharge signals simulated by DEP and DOP models”, International conferenceon IACEEE, International Academic conference on EEE (IACEEE), Bengaluru on 27th July 2014.
- Sumathi S, Madhu S, Vidya H A, “Possibilistic Fuzzy c-means clustering algorithm for Partial discharge Pattern recognition using NLPCA method”, Fifth International symposiumon ESD, , 15th -17th December, 2014, NITK, Surathkal.
- Swapna C M, Madhu S, “Study and simulation of Airborne transmitters power supply”, International conferenceon Information Technology & communication engineering, ICITCE, Bengaluru.
- Madhu S, “Short term Load forecasting using Artificial neural networks”, National conferenceon Signals, Systems and information, at NHCE, 9th March, 2007.
- Sachin B K, Madhu S, “Simulation of single phase matrix converter with reduced switch count operating as Buck or Boost Rectifier”, National Conferenceon NCATEE-15, 9th May, 2015, SJBIT, Bengaluru.
- Costume Designing
- Jewellery Making
- Learning ‘Karnataka Shastriya Sangeetha-Junior’
Any other things
- Readings Books