Dr. Priyashree S
Designation : Associate Professor
Area of specialization :Power Quality Analysis and Digital Signal Processing
Date of Joining BNMIT : 16/02/2004
Nature of Association : Regular
E-mail Id :firstname.lastname@example.org
No. of years of Experience :17
|Degree||Institution||Year of Passing||Class Obtained|
(Electrical & Electronics Engineering)
(Power & Energy Systems)
|UVCE, Bangalore University||2004||First Rank|
(Electrical & Electronics Engineering,)
|Dr. AIT ,Bangalore University (FCD)||2001|
|1||Associate Professor, Dept. of EEE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||5th March 2012 – Till date|
|2||Assistant Professor, Dept. of EEE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||17th January 2011 – 5th March 2012|
|3||Senior Lecturer, Dept. of EEE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||2nd January2008 – 17th January 2011|
|4||Lecturer, Dept. of EEE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||16th February 2004 – 2nd January 2008|
Awards and Achievements
- First Rank in M.E.
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities (University Level)
- Deputy Chief Superintendent(External) at SJB School of Architecture, Bangalore from 16 – 12 – 2019 to 28 – 12 – 2019 for the conduction of Dec / Jan 2019-2020 B.E./MBA examinations of VTU, Belgaum.
- Deputy Chief Superintendent(External) at SJBIT, Bangalore from 26 – 05 – 2016 to 11 – 06 – 2016 for the conduction of June / July 2016 B.E./MBA examinations of VTU, Belgaum.
- Deputy Chief Superintendent(External) at SJBIT, Bangalore from 15-07-2014 to 30-07-2014 for the conduction of June/July 2014 B.E. / MBA examinations of VTU, Belgaum
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities (College Level)
- Chief Test Coordinator: 2019-2020
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities (Department Level)
- Department TestCoordinator: 2013-14
- Department ExamCoordinator: 2014-15
- Department Association (ABEEE)Coordinator: 2013-14, 2014-15
- Department Time TableCoordinator: 2015-16
- Department VIII sem Technical SeminarCoordinator: 2016-17
- Department LibraryCoordinator: 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-2020
- Department IQAC Coordinator: 2018-19, 2019-2020
- Department Nature ClubCoordinator: 2018-19, 2019-2020
- Department IPLCoordinator: 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-2020
- Department VII & VIII sem Project Coordinator: 2019-2020
- Signals & Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- High Voltage Engineering
- Power Electronics
- Industrial Drives and Applications
- Power System Analysis and Stability
- Renewable Energy Sources
- Transmission and Distribution
- Switchgear and Protection
- Electrical & Electronics Measurements
- Power Quality Issues and Mitigation
- Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Collaborated with faculty to provide One Month Online Internship Program on “POWER ELECTRONICS CONVERTER DESIGN FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY USING MATLAB”, in association with SKILLBOT, for VI semester EEE students from 20thJuly 2020 to 14th Aug 2020.
- Analysis of power quality for any electrical and elctronic system using power quality analyzer and provide suggestions / remedial measures for power quality improvement.
- Priyashree S, Vidya H.A, “Harmonic Reduction Analysis for Electric Arc Furnace using Passive Filters and DSTATCOM”, International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology (IJEAT), ISSN: 2249-8958 (Online), Volume-8 Issue-6, August 2019, Page No.:1620-1626.
- Priyashree S, Vidya H.A, Sumathi S, Triveni M.T. “Wavelet Based Power Quality Analysis of Induction Furnace using Fuzzy Expert System”, International Journal of Scientific Research and Review(IJSRR), Volume 7, Issue 4, 2018 ISSN NO: 2279-543X, APRIL 2018.
- Priyashree S, Harshithananda B, Vidya H.A, “Comparative Analysis of Hysteresis and Sliding Mode Controllers for Effective Reduction of Harmonics in Electric Arc Furnace Using APF”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering (IJIRCCE), Vol. 5, Issue 4, ISSN (Online): 2320-9801, ISSN (Print): 2320-9798, APRIL 2017.
- Priyashree S,Venkatesha K, Vidya H.A, Vijay kumar G, “Experimental Analysis of Single Phase Bidirectional AC Buck Converter for Power Quality Improvement”. International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (IJAREEIE), Vol. 2, Issue 12, ISSN(Print) : 2320-3765, ISSN (Online) : 2278-8875, December 2013.
- Priyashree S,Venkatesha K ,Vijay Kumar G, Vidya H.A, “Analysis and Mitigation of Harmonics in Non-Linear Loads using Passive Filters and Wavelet Transforms”. International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (IJAREEIE), Vol. 2, Issue 12, ISSN(Print) : 2320-3765, ISSN (Online) : 2278-8875, December 2013.
- Priyashree S,Vidya H.A, Harshithananda B, “Mitigation of Harmonics using Hysteresis Control Technique of VSI Based Active Power Filter”, IEEE-International Conference on Smart grids, Power and Advanced Control Engineering (ICSPACE2017)”,GAT, Bengaluru, India, August 17 – 19th, 2017.
- Priyashree S,Vidya H.A and K. Venkatesha, “Harmonic Analysis and its Elimination in Non Linear Loads Using Wavelet Transform”, International Conference on VLSI, Communication, Advanced devices, Signals & Systems And Networking, BNMIT, Bangalore, India, Jul 17th – 19th
- Priyashree S, Vidya H.A, V Krishnan & K. Mallikarjunappa, “Denoising of Partial Discharge Signals in Epoxy Glass Mica Sheets using Wavelet Transform”, International Conference on Computer, Electrical and Systems Sciences, and Engineering, Penang, Malaysia, Feb 22nd– 24th
- Priyashree S, Vidya H.A, Pooja A B and Mahesh E,“Harmonic Suppression in a Non-Linear Load using Three Phase Shunt Active Power Filter”, ISBN-978-93-84209-33-9,2016 Biennial International Conference on Power and Energy Systems:Towards Sustainable Energy (PESTSE), Amrita University, Bengaluru, India, 23rdJan 2016.
- Priyashree S, Vidya H.A and Triveni M.T, “Implementation of Wavelet Transform Technique for Detection and Reduction of Harmonics in an Induction Furnace”,ISBN-978-93-84209-33-9, ICITCE, IRAJ Research Forum, Bangalore, India, 5th July 2014.
- Priyashree S, Poornima, “Intelligent Hybrid DC Grid Realization for Solar Applications”, Two Day National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Engineering Sciences and Management NCESM-2016”,SIET, Tumakuru, India, 23rdand 24th Mar 2016.
- Priyashree S, Pooja, Mahesh, “Performance Investigation of three phase shunt active power filter using Hysteresis Current Control Method”, 6thNational Conference on “Advanced Technique in Electrical and Electronics Engineering NCATEE-15”,SJBIT, Bengaluru, India, 9th May 2015.
- Priyashree S, Pooja, Mahesh, “Harmonic Suppression in Non-linear loads using three phase shunt active filter with sliding mode controller”, 6thNational Conference on “Advanced Technique in Electrical and Electronics Engineering NCATEE-15”,SJBIT, Bengaluru, India, 9th May 2015.
- Priyashree S, Vidya H.A, & Sujatha B.C, “ Performance Analysis of Three Phase Induction Motor Under V/F Control using MATLAB”,National Conference of Energy Systems and Energy Issues-2011 (ESEI-2011), BMSCE, Bangalore, India, February 18th and 19th 2011.
Any other things
- Invited as Session chair on 8-12-2020 and 9-12-2020 in the “3-Day International Virtual Conf. on Recent Trends in Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunications, Instrumentation, Medical Electronics Engg. & Physics” conducted between 7th and 9th of Dec.2020 & organized by Departments of ECE, ETCE, EIE, EEE, MLE, Physics in association with the professional society chapters of IEEE, IETE & ISOI, held at DSCE, Bangalore – 560078.
- Visited Penang, Malaysia, as a co-author along with guide Dr. Vidya H.A, to deliver lecture on “Denoising of Partial Discharge Signals in Epoxy Glass Mica Sheets using Wavelet Transform”, at the International Conference on Computer, Electrical and Systems Sciences, and Engineering, held between 22nd to 24th February 2011.
- Invited as resource person to deliver a talk on “Power Quality in Industrial Furnaces” during the Faculty Development Program on “Electrical Power Quality and Distributed Generation” at JNNCE, Shivamogga on 17th Dec 2019.
- Online Quiz on “Yoga Awareness”, conducted by Electrical & Electronics Engineering Outreach Club, Dept. of EEE, VVCE, Mysore, on 26thJune 2020.
- Online Quiz on “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat – National Level e-Quiz on Uttarakhand”, conducted by BNMIT, on 16th July 2020.