Prof. Kruthi Jayaram
Designation : Assistant Professor
Area of specialization :Renewable energy sources,Power electronics
Date of Joining BNMIT : 19/06/2013
Nature of Association : Regular
E-mail Id :email@example.com
No. of years of Experience : 9
|Degree||Institution||Year of Passing||Class Obtained|
|M.Tech||Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, CAID, VTU, India||2013||(I Rank) – 90.5%|
|B.E||Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, VTU, India||2011||(FCD) – 76.25%|
Experience : 9 years
|1||Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering,||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||2013 – Till date|
Awards and Achievements
- Received Certificate of Recognition by The Academy Council of uLektz as one of the India’s Top 50 Women Leaders in the Education Industry for the year 2020.
- Received Staff Appreciation Letter for securing more than 90% in Staff Appraisal for the academic year 2018-2019.
- First Rank with Gold medal in M.Tech,VTU,2013
- Awarded “BEST OUTGOING STUDENT” in M.Tech for the year 2013
- ISTE Member (Life-time member)
- IE Member
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities (Department Level)
- Scheme & Syllabus(Sem), QP Setter for Autonomous
- BNMIT Brand Ambassador
- EBSB Nodal Officer (BNMIT)
- VTU QP Setter – 2021
- ISTE Department Coordinator
- Test Coordinator (2018-2019, 2020-2021)
- Project guide for B.E.projects (2015-Till date)
- Counselor (2013-Till date)
- ABEEE Department AssociationIn-charge(2015-Till date)
- BNMIT Chronicle newsletter (2016-18)
- T5, TW5 coordinator (2017-2018)
- NBA Criteria In-charge (2017- Till date)
- NAAC Coordinator (2016-17, 2017- Till date)
- ISO-Coordinator (2017-2018)
- College Magazine In-charge (2018-2019)
- Nature club coordinator (2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2017-2018)
- Newsletter coordinator (2015-2016, 2016-2017)
- Cultural Club coordinator (2016-2017, 2019-Till date)
- Power Electronics Lab In-charge(2015-2016, 2019-2020)
- DC Machines Lab In-charge(Even Sem 2013-2014)
- Basic Electrical Engineering(Autonomous scheme)
- Solar and Wind energy
- Power electronics
- Basic electrical Engineering
- Renewable energy sources
- Electrical power generation
- Power generation & Economics
- HVDC Transmission
- Power system planning
- Management & Entrepreneurship
- FACTS & HVDC Transmission
- Operation & Maintenance of Solar Electric Systems
- Renewable energy sources
- Power electronics
- Guided a funded project “Wind Injection Turbine” by IEDC, DST, Govt of India, 2018-2019.
- Guided a funded project “EV Bike Charging station” by IEDC, DST, Govt of India, 2019-2020
- Paper “Performance Analysis of a three phase inverter with LCL filter using MATLAB Simulation”, published in Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, UGC Approved Journal, ISSN-1671-4512, VOLUME 50 ISSUE 10 – October 2021, Elsevier, Scopus, DOAJ, Pg:1-9
- Paper “Simulation Based Three phase single stage grid connected inverter using solar photovoltaics”, published in JUSST, Journal of University of Shanghai for Science and Technology, ISSN: 1007-6735, Volume 23, Issue 5,May 2021, D.O.I – 10.51201/JUSST/21/05190,Pg: 625-635, Paper ID: JUSST/21/05-190, UGC Approved Journal, Scopus, Google Scholar, Cross ref.
- Paper “LPG Leakage Detection and Controlling using IOT Module”, published in IJRASET, Volume 8, Issue5, Impact Factor: 7.429, Index Copernicus: 45.98, DOI:10.22 with Crossref, PageNo: 1040-1045, ISSN: 2321-9653, May 2020.http://doi.org/10.22214/ijraset.2020.5165
- Paper “Power Generation on Highway using Vertical Axis Wind Turbine and Solar Energy”, published in IJESRT, Volume8, Issue6, ISSN No: 2277-9655, Impact Factor: 5.164, 25th June 2019.
- Paper “Design & development of a laboratory kit module for a dc-dc converter”, published in IJSR, volume 7, issue 5, May, 2018.
- Paper “Simulation of closed loop control dual input DC-DC converter using solar cell”, published in International journal for science and advanced research in technology, volume4, issue5, Pg 844-847, May, 2018.
- Paper “Solar Panel Control and Power Optimization Using 2 axis Stepper Motors”, published in IJRERD, Volume 2, Issue 7, Pg No: 236-241, July 2017.
- Paper “Total Harmonic Distortion Analysis of Voltage Source, Current Source and Z-source inverter”, published in IJIRCCE, Volume5, Issue4, Pg 8785-8793, April 2017.
- Paper “Design and Implementation of OCP(Open Core Protocol)” selected in ICESMART-2015 firs international conference/journal organized by T.John IT, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore-83
Paper Presented in International Conferences
- Paper presented on “Analysis & Simulation of Open loop and Closed loop Control of a Flyback Converter”, International Conference on Electronics and Renewable Systems (ICEARS 2022), IEEE, organized by St. Mother Theresa Engineering College, Tuticorn, Tamil Nadu, India held on 16-18, March 2022.
- Paper presented on “Design and Implementation of MPPT based boost converter topology for photovoltaic system”, International Conference on Efficient Engineering Systems 2020 held during 1st – 2nd October 2020 organized by Association of Engineering Researchers in association with Jaihind College of Engineering, Kuran, Pune, India.
- Paper presented on “Entrepreneurship in Rural Area – Globalizing Local Talent”, International Conference on “Innovative Practices in Management and Entrepreneurship”, Dept of MBA, BNMIT, Bengaluru, 27-28, December, 2018.
- Paper presented on “Design & Implementation of drive control for electric vehicle”, International Conference on Information & Communication Engineering (ICICE-2013) (An International Conference), Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology, 28th June, 2013 Bangalore, India.
- Paper presented on “Power Flow Control by UPFC Method” ICEEIE at HKBK on 9th & 10th May 2014.
Paper Presented in National Conferences
- Paper presented on “Motor drive control for electric vehicle”, National Conference on Wireless, Signal processing & Embedded systems (WiSE – 2013), BMS College of engineering, 21st & 22nd June, 2013 Bangalore, India.
Participation in Training courses/Seminars/Workshops
- Participated and completed successfully AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy Online FDP on “Electrical & Computer Engineering” from 21-9-2020 to 25-9-2020 at College of Engineering, Pune.
- Participated in One Week International Short-Term Training Program on “Power Electronics Applications to Industrial Systems”, under the aegis of TEQIP-III, Dept. of EEE, NIT, Silchar, Assam, 7th – 11th September 2020.
- Participated in Five Days International Virtual Faculty development Programme on “Upskilling for the Future: Technical Innovations & Research Opportunities in Power Engineering” organized by the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, BNM Institute of Technology, Bengaluru from 10th to 14th August, 2020.
- Participated in One-week faculty development Programme on “System Modelling and Control Methods” organized by EEE Dept, SSET, Karukutty, Ernakulum held from 13/07/2020 to 17/07/2020.
- Participated in One Week Webinar on “Understanding Power System Simulation Concepts Through Case Studies”, organized by IEEE PES-IAS Chapter Delhi Section and PES India Chapters Council held from 22nd June 2020 to 26th June 2020
- Participated in National level webinar on “Simulation driven Innovation for e-Mobility”, ALTAIR India, 10th June 2020.
- Participated in one-day Webinar Programme on “Recent trends in research of Electrical Power Transmission”, conducted by Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Sapthagiri college of engineering, Bengaluru on 06-06-2020.
- Participated in the Webinar Programme on “Connected Car-A Vehicle Technology”, conducted by Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, SJBIT, Bengaluru on 06-06-2020.
- Participated in one-week faculty development program on “Renewable energy systems”, organized by Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, RVS College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore, IEEE, Institutions innovation council, from 1st to 5th June 2020.
- Participated in one-week faculty development program on “Research opportunities in electrical engineering and its applications”, Dept of EEE, PSR Engineering college, Sivakasi, from 18.05.2020 to 23.05.2020.
- Participated in One day webinar on “Challenges in Power Engineering”, by Dept of EEE, PSR Engineering college, Sivakasi, 13th May, 2020.
- Participated in Online faculty development programme on “Contemporary tools and techniques for Teachers and researchers in higher education: Experience of using virtual classrooms” at Cambridge Institute of technology, Bangalore, 9th May,2020.
- Certificate of achievement for outstanding contribution as participant in the Online quiz on “Research Methodology-2020” organized by IQAC of SKIT, Bangalore, May 7th ,2020.
- One-week faculty development program on “AI applications in Electric Power Systems and Locomotives”, conducted by Dept of EEE, BNMIT, Bengaluru, 20th – 24th January 2020.
- Participated in the Indian Technology Congress – 2019 Human Digitalization: Future Intelligence, International Seminar on 75 Students’ Satellites Mission 2022, during 04-05 September 2019 at NIMHANS Convention centre, Bengaluru, India
- One week faculty development program on “Application of Computational Intelligence in Engineering”, conducted by Dept of EEE, BNMIT, Bengaluru, 24th – 29th June 2019.
- One-week workshop on “AICTE-ISTE Induction Program For Faculty of Technical Institutions” conducted by Dept of ECE, AMCEC, Bengaluru, 23rd to 28th July, 2018
- TEQIP sponsored One-week workshop on “Smart Grid and Internet of Things” conducted by Dept of EEE, NIE, Mysuru, 18th – 22nd June, 2018.
- Two days workshop on “A to Z of transformer design” conducted by BNMIT, Bengaluru, 17th & 18th February, 2018.
- One week FDP on “Modern Power electronic drives: Design & future trends” conducted by BNMIT, Bengaluru, 16th – 20th January 2017
- One week FDP on “Role of IT in power sector” conducted by BNMIT, Bengaluru, 9th – 13th January 2017.
- One week workshop on “Innovative teaching methods” conducted by NITTTR, Chennai held at BNMIT, 18th – 23rd July 2016.
- “Recent trends in power quality issues and mitigations” held at BNMIT, Bangalore, and 18th – 23rd Jan 2016.
- “Integration of green energy with smart grid- opportunities and challenges” held at BNMIT, Bangalore, and 11th – 16th July 2016.
- Attended workshop on “Preparation for Accreditation by NBA”, BNMIT, Bengaluru, 3rd to 5th December 2015.
- FDP program on “Intellectual property rights” held at BNMIT, Bangalore
- Participated in the “Young Researchers Meet” organized by IEEE PES Bangalore Chapter, 6thDecember 2014.
- Attended workshop WISSAP-2015 held at Gandhi Nagar Gujarat India, 4th – 7th January 2015
Online Training Courses
- Successfully Completed a module on “How to write an abstract and improve your article”, Researcher Academy, ELSEVIER, 19/09/2020.
- Completed a 5 week course on “Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone”, an online non-credit course authorized by Georgia Institute of Technology and offered through COURSERA on 03/09/2020
- Completed the online course on “Satellite Photogrammetry and its Applications”. The course was conducted by Indian Institute of Remote Sensing(IIRS), during 29-06-2020 to 03-07-2020.
- Completed a 5 week course on “Solar Energy Basics”, an online non-credit course authorized by The State University of New York and offered through COURSERA on 16/08/2020
- Completed a 4 week course on “Electric Power Systems”, an online non-credit course authorized by University at Buffalo and The State University of New Yorkand offered through COURSERA on 03/08/2020
- Successfully Completed a module on “How to identify the right journal to publish in”, Researcher Academy, ELSEVIER, 30/07/2020.
- Successfully Completed a module on “10 tips for writing a truly terrible journal article”, Researcher Academy, ELSEVIER, 30/07/2020.
- Completed a 4 week course on “e-Learning Ecologies: Innovative Approaches to Teaching and Learning for the Digital Age”, an online non-credit course authorized by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and offered through COURSERA on 26/07/2020.
- Completed a 4 week course on “Introduction to Artificial Intelligence(AI)”, an online non-credit course authorized by IBM and offered through COURSERA on 11/07/2020.
- Completed a 5 week course on “Wind energy” an online non-credit course authorized by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)and offered through COURSERA on 07/07/2020
- Completed a 4 week course on “Communication Strategies for a Virtual Age” an online non-credit course authorized by University of Toronto and offered through COURSERA on 24/06/2020.
- Completed a 7 week course on “Successful career development” an online non-credit course authorized by University System of Georgia and offered through COURSERA on 24/06/2020.
- Completed a 9 week course on “Introduction to Programming with MATLAB” an online non-credit course authorized by Vanderbilt University and offered through COURSERA on 08/06/2020.
- Completed a one-day course on “Introduction to artificial intelligence (AI for all)”, online course on May 18, 2020 offered through UDEMY.
- Completed a 5 week course on “Getting started with AWS Machine learning” an online non-credit course authorized by Amazon web series and offered through COURSERA on 25/05/2020.
- Completed 8-week NPTEL course certification on “Advanced Power Electronics” offered by IIT Roorkee, Jan-March 2019.
- Advanced Research in Solar Energy- Design of MPPT Based Boost Converter Topology for Photovoltaic System, Grinrey Publications 2021 ,www.grinrey.com, Advanced Research in Solar Energy , ISBN: 978-81-948951-7-6, Book Series: Research Transcripts in Energy , Vol: 01, 2020-21.
- Fashion Designing
- Participated in various throw ball & badminton tournaments in college