This post was last updated on September 22nd, 2022
Dr. Shubha Rao K
Designation : Associate Professor
Area of specialization : Low Power SMPS, VLSI, Digital control,Emebedded system
Date of Joining BNMIT : 11/08/2004
Nature of Association : Regular
E-mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
No. of years of Experience : 21
|Degree||Institution||Year of Passing||Class Obtained|
(Design and implementation of load aware, high performance switching mode power supply for system on chip (soc)),
(VLSI Design and Embedded systems)
|VTU||2008||First Class With Distinction|
(Electrical and Electronics Engg)
|NIE, Mysore University||1997||First Class With Distinction|
Dept. of EEE
|BNM Institute of Technology, Bengaluru||05.03.2012 – Till date|
Dept. of EEE
|BNMIT, Bangalore, India||24.08.2011–04.03.2012|
|3||Senior Lecturer, Dept. of EEE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||21.08.2008-23.08.2011|
|4||Lecturer, Dept. of EEE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||11.08.2004-20.08.2008|
|5||Lecturer, Dept. of ECE||K.S. Polytechnic, Bangalore, India||01.08.2001-31.07.2004|
|6||Lecturer, Dept. of ECE||A.P.S.College of Engineering, Bangalore, India,||01.09.1998-31.1.2001|
Awards and Achievements
Setting question papers for VTU engineering exams and autonomous engineering colleges.
- Won best paper presentation award in 7th International Conference on Applied Science Engineering and Technology (ICASET-19) held on 23rd May 2019 in Sri Sai Ram College of Engineering, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Served as session chair in 2019 IEEE 2nd International conference on Power and Energy Applications (ICPEA2019) held in Singapore during April 27-30, 2019.
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities (University Level):
- Deputy Chief Superintendent (External) at DSATM, Bangalore from 08-02-2021 to 27-02-2021 for the conduction of Jan 2021/May 2021 B.E. examinations of VTU, Belgaum.
- Deputy Chief Superintendent (External) at City Engg College, Bangalore from 18-12-2017 to 12-01-2018 for the conduction of Dec 2017/Jan 2018 B.E. examinations of VTU, Belgaum.
- Deputy Chief Superintendent (External) at DSCE, Bangalore from 14-12-2015 to 04-01-2016 for the conduction of Dec 2015/Jan 2016 B.E. examinations of VTU, Belgaum.
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities (Institute Level):
- Chief Test-Coordinator, BNMIT (2014-15).
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities (Department Level):
- Alumni Cordinator (2019 onwards)
- Website Co-Ordinator (2018 onwards)
- Dept NAAC Coordinator(2016-17)
- Dept NBA Coordinator (2015-17)
- Project Coordinator for the Academic year 2013-14
- Lab In-charge for Circuit and Simulation Lab (2014-15, 2015-16), Control Systems lab(2017-18), Electronics Lab(2018-19).
- Alumni Co-ordinator, Website Co-ordinator and Project Co-ordinator (2019-20)
- Skill Development Program(SDP) Co-Ordinator
Area of Specialization:
- Low Power SMPS, VLSI, Digital Control and Embedded system, Analog and Digital Electronics.
- B.E– Basic Electrical Engineering, Logic design, Electrical power generation, Electrical and Electronics Measurements, Field Theory, Op-amps and linear ICs, Modern Control theory, Embedded systems, OOPs with C++,VLSI Design, Digital Design Using VHDL,AI applications to power systems, Renewable Energy Sources,Analog Electronics Circuits
- M.Tech. – VLSI design, Dynamics of linear systems, Advanced Control systems, Embedded systems and its applications and Predictive control of drives.
- Low Power SMPS, VLSI, Digital Control, Battery Management Systems
- Guided a funded project “Electro-Lite” by IEDC, DST, Govt of India, 2019-2020
- Chandana E Gowda, Gaganashree P, Akarsh H R, Abhishek C, Shubha Rao.K, “An Efficient Battery Management System For A Series Connected Battery Pack using Arduino UNO”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (IJAREEIE),Volume 9, Issue 6, June 2020,e-ISSN: 2278 – 8875, p-ISSN: 2320 – 3765,www.ijareeie.com ,Impact Factor: 7.122.
- Shubha Rao K, Veena S chakravarthi,” High-Resolution DPWM for DC-DC Buck Converter using Sigma-Delta Modulation Techniques,” International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE) ISSN: 2277-3878, Volume-8 Issue-2S8,Impact factor 5.92, DOI:10.35940/ijrte.B1039.0882S819,August 2019.
- Shubha Rao K, Veena S chakravarthi, “Analysis of power conversion Effciency of buck converter operating in continuous current mode”, Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (ISSN : 2349-5162, UGC Approved & 5.87 Impact Factor),Volume 6, Issue 2, Feb 2019.
- Shreyas R H,Vishrutha G,Shubha Rao K, “Type III Compensator Design for Buck converter”, IJIRCCE,Volume 6,Issue 5,May 2018, ijircce.com, ISSN(online): 2320-9801,ISSN(Print) : 2320-9798,DOI 10.15680/ IJIRCCE.2018.0605048, Impact factor-7.194
- Veena P, Shubha Rao K ,” Co-Simulation of a BLDC motor with a front end converter using an FPGA based controller in MATLAB/SIMULINK and Xilinx System generator”, IJIRCCE, Volume 5, Issue 4, April 2017, Website: ijircce.com, ISSN(online): 2320-9801,ISSN(Print) : 2320-9798, DOI: 10.15680/IJIRCCE.2017. 0504334, page no 8914-8921, Impact factor-6.577.
- Shubha Rao K, Abhinav Prabhu, “Design and FPGA Implementation of sliding mode controller for buck converter”, IJIEEE, Volume-3 , ISSUE-7, July 2015, ISSN: 2347-6982,DOI: 10.15680/ijircce.2015.0305096, Page.no 48-53.Impact Factor 2.51
- Shubha Rao K ,Mamatha S, Veena S Chakravarthi, “FPGA Based Digital controller for DC-DC buck converter”, IJIRCCE, Volume 3 , ISSUE 5,MAY 2015, ISSN(Online): 2320-9801, ISSN (Print): 2320-9798,Impact Factor:5.618.Page no.4616-
- Shubha Rao K, Veena S Chakravarthi, Soumya P Maharajanvar, “ Design of Digitally controlled switched mode power supply for low power high frequency applications” IJISET, Volume 1, Issue 4 ,June 2014, ISSN 2348 – 7968. PP.529-532 Impact factor 5.264.
- Shubha Rao K, Karanam Vasudha, “Performance Analysis of Modified Generic Model Lithium-Ion Batteries,” International Conference on Alternate Fuels and Electric Vehicles,Pune, India, 9-10 December 2021.
- Shubha Rao K, Veena S chakravarthi, “Design and Performance analysis of digital control laws for low power high frequency switching power supply,” IEEE 2nd International Conference on Power and Energy Applications (ICPEA 2019),Singapore, April 27-30,2019.
- Shubha Rao K, Abhinav Prabhu, Veena S Chakravarthi, “Design of FPGA-Based Sliding mode controller for Low-voltage High-frequency Buck converter”, IEEE-International conference on Power and Advanced Control Engineering (ICPACE), BNMIT, Bangalore, August 2015,PP 147-151.
- Shubha Rao K, Veena S chakravarthi, “FPGA implementation of voltage regulator module for System On Chip”, IEEE sponsored 2nd International Conference on Electronics and Communication Systems,Coimbatore,26 and 27 February,2015.PP 297-302.
- Shubha Rao K,Laxmi Deshpande,Mamatha S, “A Novel Digital current mode control technique for Buck Converter” Proceedings of 09th IRF International Conference, 27th July-2014, Bengaluru, India, ISBN: 978-93-84209-40-7,pp35-39.
- Shubha Rao K, Dr.Veena S Chakravarthi, “Digital Modeling of Switching Mode Power Supply for SOC’s” , International Conference on Electrical Computer and Communication Engineering (ICECCE) ,pp 929-934, Paris , 14-16 Nov 2011.
- Shubha Rao K,Shruthi H S,”Design and Implementation of Z source Inverter for Motor Application”,National Conference on Convergence of Science, technology and Management,5th May 2016,Dayananda Sagar Academy of Technology and Management,Bengaluru.
- Shubha Rao K, Ramya M, ”Implementation and modeling of a Dc-Dc converter and electrical parameters using IOT”,National conference on Emerging trends in engineering Sciences and management, 23rd,24th March 2016,Shridevi Institute of Engineering and Technology,Tumakuru.
- Shubha Rao K,Kavitha K S,Gurumurthy.G.R,“FPGA Implementation of a Novel Voltage Modulation technique of the space vector PWM”, National conference on Energy systems and Energy Issues, B.M.S.College of Engineering,Bengaluru,18-19 Feb,2011.
- Shubha Rao K, Veena S chakravarthi, “Digital-controlled dual-mode switching mode power supply for low power applications,” , Springer book series: Advances in Bioinformatics, Multimedia, and Electronics Circuits and Signals, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 1064, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-0339-9, Proceedings of GUCON 2019, Volume 1064, ISSN 2194-5357, ISSN 2194-5365(electronic),ISBN 978-981-15-0338-2, ISBN 978-981-15-0339-9 (eBook), pp.183-195, Sept,2019.
Any other things
- Successfully completed NPTEL online course (NPTEL-AICTE FDP) “The joy of computing using python” on October 2021.
- Successfully completed the course on EV design using MATLAB during May 3-June 2 2021 at Pantech Prolabs Pvt. Ltd,India.
- Successfully completed NPTEL online course (NPTEL-AICTE FDP) “Introduction to Internet of things” on April 2021.
- Successfully completed “Introduction to Public Speaking” a MOOC from the University of Washington and offered through Coursera on 25/08/2020
- Successfully completed “AI For Everyone” an online non-credit course authorized by deeplearning.ai and offered through Coursera on 22/08/2020.
- Successfully completed “Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python)” an online non-credit course authorized by University of Michigan and offered through Coursera on 17/08/2020
- NPTEL-AICTE Faculty Develop Program on “Hardware Modelling using Verilog”, August-October 2019.