Dr. Shubha Rao K
Designation : Associate Professor
Area of specialization : Low Power SMPS, VLSI, Digital control,Emebedded system
Date of Joining BNMIT : 11/08/2004
Nature of Association : Regular
E-mail Id : email@example.com
No. of years of Experience : 21
|Degree||Institution||Year of Passing||Class Obtained|
|Ph.D||BNMIT, VTU||April ,2021|
(VLSI Design and Embedded systems)
|VTU||2008||First Class With Distinction|
(Electrical and Electronics Engg)
|NIE, Mysore University||1997||First Class With Distinction|
|B.E||Kalpatharu Institute of Technology, Tiptur||September 2000||70|
|1||Assistant Professor||BNM Institute of Technology, Bengaluru||May 2021 – Till Date|
|2||Asst. Professor Dept. of EEE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||24.08.2011–04.03.2012|
|3||Senior Lecturer, Dept. of EEE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||21.08.2008-23.08.2011|
|4||Lecturer, Dept. of EEE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||11.08.2004-20.08.2008|
|5||Lecturer, Dept. of ECE||K.S. Polytechnic, Bangalore, India||01.08.2001-31.07.2004|
|6||Assistant Professor||A.P.S.College of Engineering, Bangalore, India,||September 2003 to April 2021|
|7||Lecturer||HMS Institute of Technology, Tumkur||June 2001-August 2002|
Awards and Achievements
Setting question papers for VTU engineering exams and autonomous engineering colleges.
- Worked as program coordinator to conduct five day hands on workshop on “Latest Features and Capabilities of MATLAB R2018a” from 2nd to 6th April 2018.
- Worked as stage committee coordinator in International Conference on “Software Engineering CONSEG 2018” conducted from 23rd to 24th November 2018.
- Worked as program coordinator to conduct five day workshop on “Machine Learning using Python” from 23rd to 27th September 2019.
- Won best paper presentation awardin 7th International Conference on Applied Science Engineering and Technology (ICASET-19) held on 203rd May 2019 in Sri Sai Ram College of Engineering, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Served as session chairof 2019 IEEE 2nd International conference on Power and Energy Applications (ICPEA2019) held in Singapore during April 27-30,2019.
Area of Specialization:
- Data Mining
- Low Power SMPS
- Digital Control and Embedded system
- Analog and Digital Electronics
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Logic design
- Electrical power generation
- Electrical and Electronics Measurements
- Field Theory
- Op-amps and linear ICs
- Modern Control theory
- Embedded systems
- OOPs with C++
- VLSI Design
- Digital Design Using VHDL
- AI applications to power systems
- Renewable Energy Sources
- Data mining and Data warehousing
- Data Mining
- System Modeling and Simulation
- Analysis and Design of Algorithms
- Multimedia Computing
- Logic design
- Operating System
- Graph theory
- Data structure
- Unix and Shell Programming
- Analog and Digital Electronics and C Programming for Problem Solving
- VLSI design
- Dynamics of linear systems
- Advanced Control systems
- Embedded systems and its applications and Predictive control of drives
- Semantic Web and Social Networks
The proposed work focuses on Knowledge Extraction from Agro Meteorological Data using Soft Computing Techniques. Rainfall variable is considered as target variable in Agro Meteorological Data Set. Multiple Linear Regression, Nonlinear Approximation based clustering, Expectation Maximization, Inductive Error correction and Artificial Neural Network algorithms were applied on the data set to predict rainfall instances and rainfall duration. Multiple Linear Regression (MLR) finds significant parameters from meteorological data. The new Data Segregation Algorithm partition the data into different segments based on the specific condition. The Expectation Maximization Clustering and Nonlinear Approximation based Clustering algorithm which uses standard deviation as error correction were applied on the partitioned data to predict no rainfall instances, and prediction accuracy of 79% and 65% to forecast low and high rainfall rates respectively. The prediction accuracy was still more improved by using Artificial Neural Network (ANN), and Inductive Error Correction algorithm. Algorithm uses mean squared error as back propagation was applied on partitioned data set. The model provides a prediction accuracy of 0.99 and 0.99 to predict low and high rainfall respectively. ANN algorithm was extended to find outliers during non-monsoon season.
- Low Power SMPS,
- VLSI, Digital Control
- I have Submitted PhD thesis. My research topic is “Design and implementation of load aware, high performance switching mode power supply for system on chip (soc)”.
- Shobha. N, Dr. Asha T, “Influential parameters on rainfall forecasting using multiple linear regression,” International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR), 2019 JETIR February 2019, Volume 6, Issue 2, http://www.jetir.org/view?paper=JETIR1902744.
- Shobha. N, Dr. Asha T, “Mean Squared Error Applied in Back Propagation for Non Linear Rainfall Prediction,” Compusoft, an International Journal of Advanced Computer Technology, 8(9), September-2019 (Volume-VIII, Issue-IX) ISSN: 2320-0790, (SCOUPS), https://ijact.in/index.php/ijact/article/view/965.
- Shobha. N, Dr. Asha T, “Suprervised Multilevel Clustering for Rainfall forecasting using Meteorological data,” International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE), ISSN:2278-3075, Volume-8 Issue-12, October 2019,(SCOUPS),https://www.ijitee.org/wpcontent/uploads/papers/v8i12/L31451081219.pdf
- Shobha.N, Dr. Asha T, “Regression as an accuracy measure for ARIMA and ANN for rainfall event prediction and outlier prediction,” International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJECE), (SCOUPS)(On Review).
- Chandana E Gowda, Gaganashree P, Akarsh H R, Abhishek C, Shubha Rao.K, “An Efficient Battery Management System For A Series Connected Battery Pack using Arduino UNO”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (IJAREEIE),Volume 9, Issue 6, June 2020,e-ISSN: 2278 – 8875, p-ISSN: 2320 – 3765,www.ijareeie.com ,Impact Factor: 7.122.
- Shubha Rao K, Veena S chakravarthi,” High-Resolution DPWM for DC-DC Buck Converter using Sigma-Delta Modulation Techniques,” International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE) ISSN: 2277-3878, Volume-8 Issue-2S8,Impact factor 5.92, DOI:10.35940/ijrte.B1039.0882S819,August 2019
- Shubha Rao K, Veena S chakravarthi, “Analysis of power conversion Effciency of buck converter operating in continuous current mode”, Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (ISSN : 2349-5162, UGC Approved & 5.87 Impact Factor),Volume 6, Issue 2, Feb 2019
- Shreyas R H,Vishrutha G,Shubha Rao K, “Type III Compensator Design for Buck converter”, IJIRCCE,Volume 6,Issue 5,May 2018, ijircce.com, ISSN(online): 2320-9801,ISSN(Print) : 2320-9798,DOI 10.15680/ IJIRCCE.2018.0605048, Impact factor-7.194
- Veena P, Shubha Rao K ,” Co-Simulation of a BLDC motor with a front end converter using an FPGA based controller in MATLAB/SIMULINK and Xilinx System generator”, IJIRCCE, Volume 5, Issue 4, April 2017, Website: www.ijircce.com, ISSN(online): 2320-9801,ISSN(Print) : 2320-9798, DOI: 10.15680/IJIRCCE.2017. 0504334, page no 8914-8921, Impact factor-6.577.
- Shubha Rao K, Abhinav Prabhu, “Design and FPGA Implementation of sliding mode controller for buck converter”, IJIEEE, Volume-3 , ISSUE-7, July 2015, ISSN: 2347-6982,DOI: 10.15680/ijircce.2015.0305096, Page.no 48-53.Impact Factor 2.51
- Shubha Rao K ,Mamatha S, Veena S Chakravarthi, “FPGA Based Digital controller for DC-DC buck converter”, IJIRCCE, Volume 3 , ISSUE 5,MAY 2015, ISSN(Online): 2320-9801, ISSN (Print): 2320-9798,Impact Factor:5.618.Page no.4616- 4623.
- Shubha Rao K, Veena S Chakravarthi, Soumya P Maharajanvar, “ Design of Digitally controlled switched mode power supply for low power high frequency applications” IJISET, Volume 1, Issue 4 ,June 2014, ISSN 2348 – 7968. PP.529-532 Impact factor 5.264
- Shobha.N, Dr. Asha T, “Monitoring Weather based Meteorological Data: Clustering approach for Analysis,” IEEE–International Conference on Innovative Mechanism for Industry Applications (ICIMIA 2017), Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bengaluru, 2017.
- Shubha Rao K, Veena S chakravarthi, “Design and Performance analysis of digital control laws for low power high frequency switching power supply,”IEEE 2nd International Conference on Power and Energy Applications (ICPEA 2019),Singapore, April 27-30,2019.
- Shubha Rao K, Abhinav Prabhu, Veena S Chakravarthi, “Design of FPGA-Based Sliding mode controller for Low-voltage High-frequency Buck converter”, IEEE-International conference on Power and Advanced Control Engineering (ICPACE), BNMIT, Bangalore, August 2015,PP 147-151.
- Shubha Rao K, Veena S chakravarthi, “FPGA implementation of voltage regulator module for System On Chip”, IEEE sponsored 2ndInternational Conference on Electronics and Communication Systems,Coimbatore,26 and 27 February,2015.PP 297-302.
- Shubha Rao K,Laxmi Deshpande,Mamatha S, “A Novel Digital current mode control technique for Buck Converter” Proceedings of 09thIRF International Conference, 27th July-2014, Bengaluru, India, ISBN: 978-93-84209-40-7,pp35-39.
- Shubha Rao K, Dr.Veena S Chakravarthi, “Digital Modeling of Switching Mode Power Supply for SOC’s” , International Conference on Electrical Computer and Communication Engineering (ICECCE) ,pp 929-934, Paris , 14-16 Nov 2011.
- Dileep Dharmappa, Shailaja S. L, Shobha N, “A Good Performance Chaos based Security Algorithm for Images”, Emerging Trends in Engineering Technology and Applications-NCETETA 2009, Shridi Sai Engineering College, Bangalore.
- Shubha Rao K,Shruthi H S,”Design and Implementation of Z source Inverter for Motor Application”,National Conference on Convergence of Science, technology and Management,5th May 2016,Dayananda Sagar Academy of Technology and Management,Bengaluru.
- Shubha Rao K, Ramya M, ”Implementation and modeling of a Dc-Dc converter and electrical parameters using IOT”,National conference on Emerging trends in engineering Sciences and management, 23rd,24th March 2016,Shridevi Institute of Engineering and Technology,Tumakuru.
- Shubha Rao K,Kavitha K S,Gurumurthy.G.R,“FPGA Implementation of a Novel Voltage Modulation technique of the space vector PWM”, National conference on Energy systems and Energy Issues, B.M.S.College of Engineering,Bengaluru,18-19 Feb,2011.
Participation in Training courses/Seminars/Workshops
- Two days workshop on Compiler Design at Vivekananda Institute of Technology from 19th& 20th Feb 2009.
- One day seminar on Introduction to Microsoft .Net frame work and how to work on Microsoft Products at A P S College of Engineering, Bangalore, on 18th March 2009.
- One day hands on session on Microprocessor Interfacing at Auden Technology & Management, Bangalore on 2ndApril 2009.
- Five days Faculty Development program on Mission 10X at AMC College of Engineering, Bangalore on 19thto 23rd May 2009.
- Two days Seminar on Software Architecture at A P S College of Engineering, Bangalore on 21st and 22nd July 2009.
- Two days workshop on Embedded Computing at Sri Bhagavan Mahaveer Jain College of Engineering, Bangalore from 3rdto 4th August 2009.
- Two days Faculty Development program on Mission 10X at AMC College of Engineering, Bangalore on 20 and 21stSeptember 2009.
- Three days workshop on Design and Analysis of Algorithms at NMIT , Bangalore from 26th, 27th & 28th October 2009.
- Three days workshop on System Simulation & Modeling at SJBIT, Bangalore from 28th, 29th& 30th Jan 2010.
- Two days seminar on Teaching & Learning Practices, Research Methodology & Writing Project Proposals at KSIT, Bangalore from 24th& 25th Jan 2011.
- Four days workshop on Theory & Practice on MATLAB at APSCE, Bangalore from 11th, 18th, 25thJune & 2nd July 2011.
- Three days workshop on Cognitive Machine Intelligence and Data Mining at BNMIT, Bangalore from 30, 31stJan and 1st Feb 2012.
- One day seminar on Advanced Java technologies for IBM TGMC at APSCE, Bangalore on 2ndMarch 2012.
- Three days National Level Workshop on “Machine Intelligence & Imaging Technologies” MI-IT 2013 at Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore on 28th– 30th August 2013.
- Three days Workshop on Medical Data mining and Analysis using open source tools at SJBIT, Bangalore on 5thto 7th Sep 2014.
- Three days workshop on Research Methodologies at VTU e-learning, Vidya Vikas Institute of Technology, Mysore from 29th– 31st Dec 2014.
- Three day National Level workshop on Recent Trends in IOT at BIT, Bangalore from 3rdto 5th October 2016.
- Six days workshop on Big Data and Machine Learning using R/SPARKLYR organized by Department of Computer Science and Engineering, CMRIT, Bangalore from 22 to 27 June 2020.
1. In a Book Series
- Shubha Rao K, Veena S chakravarthi, “Digital-controlled dual-mode switching mode power supply for low power applications,”, Springer book series: Advances in Bioinformatics, Multimedia, and Electronics Circuits and Signals, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 1064, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-0339-9, Proceedings of GUCON 2019, Volume 1064, ISSN 2194-5357, ISSN 2194-5365(electronic),ISBN 978-981-15-0338-2, ISBN 978-981-15-0339-9 (eBook), pp.183-195, Sept,2019.
Any other things
- Successfully completed “Introduction to Public Speaking” a MOOC from the University of Washington and offered through Coursera on 25/08/2020
- Successfully completed “AI For Everyone” an online non-credit course authorized by deeplearning.ai and offered through Coursera on 22/08/2020.
- Successfully completed “Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python)” an online non-credit course authorized by University of Michigan and offered through Coursera on 17/08/2020
- NPTEL-AICTE Faculty Develop Program on “Hardware Modelling using Verilog”, August-October 2019.