Dr. Shubha Rao K
Designation : Associate Professor
Area of specialization : Low Power SMPS, VLSI, Digital control,Emebedded system
Date of Joining BNMIT : 11/08/2004
Nature of Association : Regular
E-mail Id : email@example.com
No. of years of Experience : 21
|Degree||Institution||Year of Passing||Class Obtained|
|Ph.D (Power Management ICs)||BNMIT, VTU||2020||—|
(VLSI Design and Embedded systems)
|VTU||2008||First Class With Distinction|
(Electrical and Electronics Engg)
|NIE, Mysore University||1997||First Class With Distinction|
|1||Associate Professor, Dept. of EEE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||05.03.2012 – Till date|
|2||Asst. Professor Dept. of EEE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||24.08.2011–04.03.2012|
|3||Senior Lecturer, Dept. of EEE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||21.08.2008-23.08.2011|
|4||Lecturer, Dept. of EEE||BNMIT, Bangalore, India||11.08.2004-20.08.2008|
|5||Lecturer, Dept. of ECE||K.S. Polytechnic, Bangalore, India||01.08.2001-31.07.2004|
|5||Lecturer, Dept. of ECE||A.P.S.College of Engineering, Bangalore, India,||01.09.1998-31.1.2001|
Awards and Achievements
- Won best paper presentation awardin 7th International Conference on Applied Science Engineering and Technology (ICASET-19) held on 203rd May 2019 in Sri Sai Ram College of Engineering, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Served as session chairof 2019 IEEE 2nd International conference on Power and Energy Applications (ICPEA2019) held in Singapore during April 27-30,2019.
Area of Specialization:
- Low Power SMPS
- Digital Control and Embedded system
- Analog and Digital Electronics
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Logic design
- Electrical power generation
- Electrical and Electronics Measurements
- Field Theory
- Op-amps and linear ICs
- Modern Control theory
- Embedded systems
- OOPs with C++
- VLSI Design
- Digital Design Using VHDL
- AI applications to power systems
- Renewable Energy Sources
- VLSI design
- Dynamics of linear systems
- Advanced Control systems
- Embedded systems and its applications and Predictive control of drives
- Low Power SMPS,
- VLSI, Digital Control
- I have Submitted PhD thesis. My research topic is “Design and implementation of load aware, high performance switching mode power supply for system on chip (soc)”.
- Chandana E Gowda, Gaganashree P, Akarsh H R, Abhishek C, Shubha Rao.K, “An Efficient Battery Management System For A Series Connected Battery Pack using Arduino UNO”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (IJAREEIE),Volume 9, Issue 6, June 2020,e-ISSN: 2278 – 8875, p-ISSN: 2320 – 3765,www.ijareeie.com ,Impact Factor: 7.122.
- Shubha Rao K, Veena S chakravarthi,” High-Resolution DPWM for DC-DC Buck Converter using Sigma-Delta Modulation Techniques,” International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering (IJRTE) ISSN: 2277-3878, Volume-8 Issue-2S8,Impact factor 5.92, DOI:10.35940/ijrte.B1039.0882S819,August 2019
- Shubha Rao K, Veena S chakravarthi, “Analysis of power conversion Effciency of buck converter operating in continuous current mode”, Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (ISSN : 2349-5162, UGC Approved & 5.87 Impact Factor),Volume 6, Issue 2, Feb 2019
- Shreyas R H,Vishrutha G,Shubha Rao K, “Type III Compensator Design for Buck converter”, IJIRCCE,Volume 6,Issue 5,May 2018, ijircce.com, ISSN(online): 2320-9801,ISSN(Print) : 2320-9798,DOI 10.15680/ IJIRCCE.2018.0605048, Impact factor-7.194
- Veena P, Shubha Rao K ,” Co-Simulation of a BLDC motor with a front end converter using an FPGA based controller in MATLAB/SIMULINK and Xilinx System generator”, IJIRCCE, Volume 5, Issue 4, April 2017, Website: www.ijircce.com, ISSN(online): 2320-9801,ISSN(Print) : 2320-9798, DOI: 10.15680/IJIRCCE.2017. 0504334, page no 8914-8921, Impact factor-6.577.
- Shubha Rao K, Abhinav Prabhu, “Design and FPGA Implementation of sliding mode controller for buck converter”, IJIEEE, Volume-3 , ISSUE-7, July 2015, ISSN: 2347-6982,DOI: 10.15680/ijircce.2015.0305096, Page.no 48-53.Impact Factor 2.51
- Shubha Rao K ,Mamatha S, Veena S Chakravarthi, “FPGA Based Digital controller for DC-DC buck converter”, IJIRCCE, Volume 3 , ISSUE 5,MAY 2015, ISSN(Online): 2320-9801, ISSN (Print): 2320-9798,Impact Factor:5.618.Page no.4616- 4623.
- Shubha Rao K, Veena S Chakravarthi, Soumya P Maharajanvar, “ Design of Digitally controlled switched mode power supply for low power high frequency applications” IJISET, Volume 1, Issue 4 ,June 2014, ISSN 2348 – 7968. PP.529-532 Impact factor 5.264
- Shubha Rao K, Veena S chakravarthi, “Design and Performance analysis of digital control laws for low power high frequency switching power supply,”IEEE 2nd International Conference on Power and Energy Applications (ICPEA 2019),Singapore, April 27-30,2019.
- Shubha Rao K, Abhinav Prabhu, Veena S Chakravarthi, “Design of FPGA-Based Sliding mode controller for Low-voltage High-frequency Buck converter”, IEEE-International conference on Power and Advanced Control Engineering (ICPACE), BNMIT, Bangalore, August 2015,PP 147-151.
- Shubha Rao K, Veena S chakravarthi, “FPGA implementation of voltage regulator module for System On Chip”, IEEE sponsored 2ndInternational Conference on Electronics and Communication Systems,Coimbatore,26 and 27 February,2015.PP 297-302.
- Shubha Rao K,Laxmi Deshpande,Mamatha S, “A Novel Digital current mode control technique for Buck Converter” Proceedings of 09thIRF International Conference, 27th July-2014, Bengaluru, India, ISBN: 978-93-84209-40-7,pp35-39.
- Shubha Rao K, Dr.Veena S Chakravarthi, “Digital Modeling of Switching Mode Power Supply for SOC’s” , International Conference on Electrical Computer and Communication Engineering (ICECCE) ,pp 929-934, Paris , 14-16 Nov 2011.
- Shubha Rao K,Shruthi H S,”Design and Implementation of Z source Inverter for Motor Application”,National Conference on Convergence of Science, technology and Management,5th May 2016,Dayananda Sagar Academy of Technology and Management,Bengaluru.
- Shubha Rao K, Ramya M, ”Implementation and modeling of a Dc-Dc converter and electrical parameters using IOT”,National conference on Emerging trends in engineering Sciences and management, 23rd,24th March 2016,Shridevi Institute of Engineering and Technology,Tumakuru.
- Shubha Rao K,Kavitha K S,Gurumurthy.G.R,“FPGA Implementation of a Novel Voltage Modulation technique of the space vector PWM”, National conference on Energy systems and Energy Issues, B.M.S.College of Engineering,Bengaluru,18-19 Feb,2011.
1. In a Book Series
- Shubha Rao K, Veena S chakravarthi, “Digital-controlled dual-mode switching mode power supply for low power applications,”, Springer book series: Advances in Bioinformatics, Multimedia, and Electronics Circuits and Signals, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 1064, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-0339-9, Proceedings of GUCON 2019, Volume 1064, ISSN 2194-5357, ISSN 2194-5365(electronic),ISBN 978-981-15-0338-2, ISBN 978-981-15-0339-9 (eBook), pp.183-195, Sept,2019.
Any other things
- Successfully completed “Introduction to Public Speaking” a MOOC from the University of Washington and offered through Coursera on 25/08/2020
- Successfully completed “AI For Everyone” an online non-credit course authorized by deeplearning.ai and offered through Coursera on 22/08/2020.
- Successfully completed “Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python)” an online non-credit course authorized by University of Michigan and offered through Coursera on 17/08/2020
- NPTEL-AICTE Faculty Develop Program on “Hardware Modelling using Verilog”, August-October 2019.