In modern society, scope of Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) is very vast that is applied in every field. The Electronics & Communication Engineering Program provides students with a solid scientific/technical background and research capabilities in the design, development and manufacture of electronic devices and systems used in a wide spectrum of applications. From household appliances to sophisticated satellite communication, from electronic ignition to neural networks and signal processing chips, the program integrates academic discipline with project-based engineering applications, classroom learning theory with real world experiences. The program is structured in a way to provide better opportunities in industry and increase confidence and opportunities of employment prospects. The core advantage of this field is to involve in designing and developing complex electronic devices and systems.
- B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering (120 Intake)
- M.Tech in VLSI Design and Embedded systems (24 Intake)
- Ph.D and M.Sc (Engg)
- Number of teaching staff – 28 (Prof: 04; Associate Prof: 9; Assistant Prof: 15)
- Number of PhDs – 9
- Number of teaching faculty pursuing Ph.D. – 16
- Technical, Supporting & Maintenance staff – 20
- Average experience of teaching staff – 16 Years
- Number of Teaching Staff with industrial experience – 09
- Technical, Supporting & Maintenance staff – 21
Department of ECE regularly organizes technical talks, workshops, industry visits to nurture the core competence of the students under various Professional Bodies. Department association with various professional bodies are
- The Institution of Engineers (India) Students’ Chapter
- Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (S-VYASA), Bengaluru for research in the area of Yoga, Embedded systems and Image Processing Algorithms related to health care sector on 20th May, 2021.
- AGIMUS Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Bengalurufor establishment of Industry Standard IoT Lab on 19th February 2020.
- Digital Shark Technologies,Bengalurufor the establishment of innovation lab on 3rd February 2020.
- Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR), Electronic city, Bengaluru on 2ndJuly 2019. The MoU aims at joint proposal writing to get funded projects on health management and technology and Knowledge sharing by experts from both ends.
- Rajarajeshwari Medical College and Hospital (RRMCH), BNM Institute of Technology and Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR)on 23rd October 2019. The main objective is to apply for joint proposal writing to get funded projects on medical devices using various technologies, Knowledge sharing by experts from each institution Medical or diagnostic data for student or faculty projects.
- Mentor Graphics – A Siemens Business (Higher education License Donation Agreement)in 2019 for System on Chip Design & Development.
- Semi –Conductors Laboratory,SAS Nagar, Chandighar, Punjab, India in 2019((180nm Standard Cell Libraries) for System on Chip Design & Development(NDA).
- SenseSemi Technologies Pvt. Ltd, Bengaluru in 2018 to get Internship and Projects for ECE students
Signing of MoU between BNMIT and S – VYASA
Signing of MoU between BNMIT and Institute Management Research, Bangalore
Signing of MoU between BNMIT and Rajarajeshwari Medical College and hospital
Signing of MoU between BNMIT and Digital Shark Technologies, Bengaluru
Signing of MoU between BNMIT and AGIMUS Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru
MoU with Innovaskill Technologies for the industry standards training and development on 1st July 2022.
- Dr. Bindu S, Dr. Jyoti R Munavalli and Mrs Keerti Kulkarni have applied for patent for the project “ A smart yoga instructor device for guiding and correcting yoga posture of a real time user.” with Patent Application Number: 202241014404 on 16-03-2022.
- Dr. Yasha Jyothi M Shirur, Dr. N. V. Uma Reddy and Dr. Manju Devi have applied for patent titled “Design of VLSI System to detect abnormal behavior of Heartbeat” with Patent application number 202141020972 on 09/05/2021.
- Dr. Veena S Chakravarthi, Sowndarya S, Shubham Raj Vismith Upadhya P J Dr.Yasha Jyothi M Shirur have applied for patent for the project “Vinyas Design BOT” with Patent Application Number: 202041057157 on 30-12-2020
- Chaitra N and Dr. P.A. Vijaya have applied for patent for the project “ Real Time System to Aid and Assist Speech and Conversation using Natural Language Processing and Neural Networks.” with Patent Application Number: 202041044849 on 15/10/2020
- Dr. Jyoti R Munavalli & Sumathi A . have published a patent on 15th January 2021 for the project ”Detachable Smart Faucet Device” with patent Application No: 201941027532
- Chaitra N has applied for patent for the project “A System for Real Time Object Recognition using Stereoscopic Images” with patent Application No :201941036072 in 2019-20
- Dr. Yasha Jothi M Shirur & Dr. Veena S Chakravarthy have applied a patent for the project ‘Method, System and Apparatus for Asynchronous SOC Testing & Validation’ with patent Application No: 201641022110 in 2016-17
- Bindu S , Professor, Dept. of ECE, BNMIT assigned as Technical Consultant at Supraja Gurukula, Shanivarsante, Somavarapete to review projects & guide faculty in project based learning
- Jyoti R Munavalli , Associate Professor, Dept. of ECE, BNMIT assigned as Technical Consultant at Innovation System Plus, Bangalore for guiding AI based projects.
- Sri N.Sheshaprasad, Associate Professor, Dept. of ECE, BNMIT assigned as Technical Consultant atDhiyo Solutions Pvt Ltd for Training programs, Product development and Marketing.
- Dr. Rekha P, Associate Professor, Dept. of ECE, BNMIT assigned as Technical Consultant atAGIMUS Technologies Private Limited, Bangalore for the training programs related IoT and applications and be part of the product development activities.
- Dr. Veena S Chakaravarthi, Professor, Dept. of ECE, BNMIT &Dr.YashaJyothi M Shirur, Professor Dept. of ECE, BNMIT are assigned as Consultants at SKILLBOT for the project work/Internship ‘VLSI Design and Verification”.
- Dr. Veena S Chakaravarthi, Professor, Dept. of ECE, BNMIT assigned as Senior Technical Consultant at Sankhya Labs for the project work: “Define low power design flow for ATSE 3.0 broadcast TV chip”.
- Dr. Veena S Chakaravarthi, Professor, Dept. of ECE, BNMIT assigned as Technical Consultant at Prodigy Technovasions Pvt. Ltd., for the project work: “1. Debugged Packet loss in their UFS protocol analyzer, 2. Architected IEEE 10/100Mbps 802.3 Auto-Ethernet protocol analyse”.
- Dr. Veena S Chakaravarthi, Professor, Dept. of ECE, BNMIT assigned as Co-founder and CTO at Sensesemi Technologies Pvt. Ltd., for the project work “Define technology roadmap, Patents, ISO 13485, Engineering”.
Shreyas G S&Trupthi N has started a incubated company “TEDORA TECHNOLOGIES PRIVATE LIMITED” on 13th June 2019.
Skill Development Program organized by ECE Department
Industries / IT companies today recruit graduates based on skills acquired by them during the years of gradation. We have seen in the past that just scoring 70% and above marks does not guarantee job for students. Apart from looking for soft skills, industries want individuals who are ready to take up work immediately after joining their companies. Further, graduates with higher and better skills, adjust / adopt to dynamic environment, and more effectively to the challenges & opportunities at work. Hence, there is a need to produce skilled and industry ready individuals in the domains of current interest. In order to address this issue, the institute has introduced Skill Development Programme (SDP) for 3rd year B.E. students. The expected outcome of the programme is to mould students to be industry ready technocrats of tomorrow. This, in turn would increase the employability of students in industries – particularly core industries.
The SDPs conducted are listed below:
IoT with Raspberry Pi & Python by Department of ECE, BNMIT
Machine Learning with Raspberry Pi & Python by Department of ECE, BNMIT
Digital Design Modelling Using Verilog by Department of ECE, BNMIT
Application of Signal Processing using MATLAB by Department of ECE ,BNMIT
Rapid Prototyping for Embedded System Applications by Digital Shark Technology Pvt Ltd
Data Science and Machine Learning using Python by Cranes Technology
SoC based IoT system using Xilinx Vivado by CoreEL Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Applications of Signal Processing Using MATLAB by Department of ECE, BNMIT
VLSI- ASIC Logic Synthesis by Trident Tech Labs
RTL Design using Verilog HDL by Nanochip Solutions
Machine Learning Techniques for Signal and Image Processing By Lehrer IT Services.
Embedded Systems and its Applications by Digital Shark Technologies .
IoT & Its Application by Preva Systems.
Faculty development Programs(FDPs)
Faculty vitality is the main ingredient to enhance professional education and competence. Enriching the faculty vitality in key domains of teaching, assessing, research, professionalism, and administration is perceived to improve educational environment significantly and enhances the academic performance of learners .Department conducts FDPs every semester for faculty and are listed below
- Faculty Development Programme On “Antenna Design and Printing for Practical Applications “ was organised during 25th to 30th June 2021
- Faculty development Program on“Digital Design Flow Using Xilinx and MatLab for Image processing Applications ” was organized during 20th -24th January 2020
- Faculty development Program on“IoT based Project Design & Development ” was organized during 24th -29th June 2019.
- Two days students workshop for skill development on “MSP430 Microcontroller” in association with Jyothi Embedded Labs at BNMIT was organized on 14th & 15th October 2017
- Faculty development Program on“MSP430 Microcontroller and Its Applications” was organized during 31st July, – 5th August, 2017.
- Faculty development Program on “Physical Design challenges in DSM Node VLSI systems”, was organized during 16th – 21st January 2017
- Faculty development Program on“Computer & Wireless Networks” was organised during 11-16 July 2016.
- Faculty development Program on “ARM Cortex M3”was organized during 08-14 Jan 2016.
- Faculty development Program on“Electronic Communication & Trends” was organized during 19-23 Jan 2015.
INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CENTRE (IEDC) Projects :
The department has received funding from DST, Government of India under New Gen IEDC for innovative projects carried out by the final year students. The projects have been successfully completed and some of them are in process of building as a product.
|Sl No||Name||Project Title||Mentors|
|1||Srikar M||Efficient Drip Irrigation System using IOT sync to Web Server||Mr. Sankalp Bailur|
|2||Gandharva Kumar||Smart Switch Board||Ms. Rashmi S Bhaskar|
|3||Mohammed Ishaq Sharieff||Smart Water Purification|
|Dr. Bindu S|
|Jayalakshmi D G|
|Reetha G P|
|Shaik Riyaz UR Roshan|
|4||Fawaz Khan||Wireless Robotic Arm||Dr. Rekha P|
|Giridhar S Benkipur|
|Darshan N Divakar|
|5||R Chinmayee||Smart ID Card to maintain Social Distancing||Ms. Sumathi A|
|Surya Kaushik P K|
|Tejas S Koundinya|
|6||Harshit Mimani||TAGALONG: An Assistive Device for Alzheimer Patients||Mrs. Ashwini S Savanth|
|Merlin Andriana Lobo|
|7||Nikhil Kumar Singh||Automated Ration Distribution System||Dr. P.A Vijaya|
|Prateeksha K Ankolekar|
|Shreya Shenoy K|
|Sl No||Name||Project Title||Mentors|
|1||AniruddhAithal||Digital Oratory solutions using NLP and Neural Networks||Mrs. Chaitra N|
Dr.P A Vijaya
|Darshan Kumar Hegde|
|Girish P Kulkarni|
|2||Manish Kumar GR||Face recognition with anti-spoofing||Mrs. Ashwini S Savanth|
|Gokul V G|
|Nikhil M L|
|3||Sreenidhi||Pi Skate – An Electric Skateboard||Dr. BasavarajNeelgar|
|4||AkshathaPramod||I-Kshana : Remote and real time monitoring system for people in need of special care||Mrs. Chaitra N|
|Bhoomika M U|
|5||Anirudh R Shandilya||Predicting Seizure onset with intracranial electroencephalogram (EEG) data||Mrs. Sumathi A|
|6||J Ajay Kumar||Interactive bot for geriatric healthcare using natural language processing and neural networks (Health Bot)||Dr. Jyoti R Munavalli|
|Deepali B Ksheersagar|
|Gowri K S|
|7||Vinay Kumar J||Raspberry pi based SOP Monitoring during COVID-19||Mrs. Anuradha J P|
|Samarth M H|
|Shivaswaroop J P|
|8||Franklin P||Smart automative system||Mr. Chandrashekar C|
|9||Bhargav D V||SthreeRaksha: Panic intimation device for women||Mrs. AshwiniSavanth|
|Hullura H R|
|KarthikBharadwaj G M|
|Merlin Andriana Lobo|
|10||Swetha Holla U||Contactless Kiosk using Hand gestures||Ms.Rashmi S. Bhaskar|
|11||Shreya R Prakash||Development of technique to estimate the correctness of yoga posture||Dr. Bindu S|
|Rahul R B|
|Sl. No.||Name of Student||Name of Project||Mentors|
|1||Raghavendra D S|
Vishnu Prasad Bhat
|Detachable Smart Faucet||Dr.Jyoti R Munavalli|
|2||Arrshith R G|
|Foot pressure Sensor for Physiotherapy applications||Ms.Chaitra N|
|Intellicopter||Dr.Yashajyothi M Shirur|
Ms.Priya R Sankpal
|4||Deeksha More E K|
|Automatic Waste Segregator||Dr.P A Vijaya|
Dr. Rekha P
Tejas R Simha
Varun D Gurjar
|Neural Network based object recognition system using stereo images||Ms Chaitra N|
|6||Shreyas G S|
|Autonomous Ariel Medical Assistance||Ms.Priya R Sankpal|
DETACHABLE SMART FAUCET APPLICATIONS
FOOT PRESSURE SENSOR FOR PHYSIOTHERAPY
|Batch No||Project Team||Project Title||Mentors|
|1||Pruthvi S||Virtual Eye|| |
Prof. Shesha Prasad
|Shama M S|
|Hitesh V Haritas|
|Sandesh S Chiploonkar|
|2||Ganesh Murthy V||Lazer Induced Musical Instrument|| |
Prof. Bindu S
|Sathvik R Bharadwaj|
|3||Rakshita R||Design and Implementation of Oculographic System for Motor Neuron Disease Patient for Communication||Dr. Yashajyothi|
Prof. Keerthi Kulkarni
|Ujwal S S|
|4||Tejas C||Assistive technology for intellectually disabled and physically challenged people.||Prof. Chandra Sekar|
Dr. P. A. Vijaya
|5||Nagarjuna T V||Lifi based Blind indoor Navigation system for Visually Impaired People|| |
|S Roopesh Kumar|
Lazer Induced Musical Instrument
Design and Implementation of Oculographic System for Motor Neuron Disease Patient for Communication
Assistive technology for intellectually disabled and physically challenged people.
Lifi based Blind indoor Navigation system for Visually Impaired People.
Personality development programs: T5, TW5 and WP5
“Education is for life and not just for livelihood”, to develop a holistic outlook in the students various personality development programs such as T5, TW5 and WP5 are conducted.
T5– 5 T’s represents Truth, Tidiness, Thoughts and Time management will Transform the students into an engineer/citizen/human being who understands and fulfills his responsibilities. The human value component is an integral part of this program which acts as an anchor, develops self-awareness and sensitivity, feeling of equality, compassion and unity, concern for nature and society, and character to follow through. It also makes them reflect on their bonding with their families and extended family in the college. T5 aims to build healthy relationships between mentors and mentees
TW5 program has an objective to develop in the students comprehending skills, confidence while speaking, good writing skills, and internet etiquette on social media along with a sense of responsibility, gratitude and respect. The students are also introduced to concepts of quantitative analysis and rules of group discussions.
WP5 introduces writing skills along with presentation skills. grooming, interpersonal negotiation and persuasion, self-appraisal and evaluation, emotional intelligence, lateral thinking, societal behavior, networking skills, adaptability, follow up courtesy and leadership skills are few topics that’s covered to enhance networking skills and overall persona of students. Technical article writing, resume and cover letter writing, project report writing and language refinement topics are covered to improve writing skills of students.
|Sl No||Batch||Semester||Program conducted||No. of Students Benefited||Mentors|
|2016-20||4||T5||120||Dr. Subodh Kumar Panda, Dr. Rekha P, P Venkat Rao, Chaitra N, Kiran K N, Priyadarshini K Desai, Chandrashekar C, Lakshmi Bhaskar, Rohini T|
|2||2017-21||4||T5||121||Dr. Bindu S, Dr.Rekha P, Dr.Jyothi R.M, P Venkat Rao P.Prabhavathi, Vrunda Kusanur, Chaitra N, Keerthi Kulkarni, Kiran K N, Chandrashekar C|
|3||2018-22||4||TW5||131||Dr. Yasha Jyothi M Shirur, Dr. Bindu S, Dr. Subodh Kumar Panda, Ashwini Savanth, Chaitra N, Anuradha V Rao, Anuradha J P, Lakshmi Bhaskar, Kiran S.M, Sankalp Bailur|