Duration: 4 Years
B.E in Electronics and Communication Engineering program is recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Program Educational Objectives [PEOs]
After 2/3 years of graduation, the students will have the ability to:
- Analyze, design and implement solutions in VLSI design and embedded systems and adapt to changes in technology by self/continuous learning.
- Engage in higher learning and contribute to technological innovations.
- Work with professional ethics as an individual or as a team player to realize the goals of the project or the organization.
- Work with respect for societal values and concern for environment in implementing engineering solutions.
Program Outcomes [POs]
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- The candidates should have passed Second Year Pre-University or XII standard or equivalent examination recognized by the University (with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, along with any one of the following subjects, namely, Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Computer Science, Biology and Electronics)
- For admission to II year/ III semester Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ Technology (Lateral Entry) shall be open to the candidates who are holders of a diploma or equivalent qualification as recognized by University
Electronics and Communication Engineering is unquestionably a promising growth-driven domain. With adequate knowledge and competent abilities, students can avail a wide range of job opportunities. Some of the most significant new-age career choices that students can select after their degree are Communication Engineer , Electronics Design Engineer , Desktop Support Engineer, Service Engineer, Communications Engineer. Technical Director, Network Planning Engineer and Reseach Scientist.
Why BNMIT for this course ?
3rd to 8th Semester
Scheme of Teaching and Examinations
Outcome Based Education (OBE) and Choice Based Credit System
(Effective from the academic year 2018 – 19)
1st Semester (Chemistry Group)
|18MAT11||Calculus and Linear Algebra|
|18CPS13||C Programming for Problem Solving|
|18ME15||Elements of Mechanical Engineering|
|18CHEL16||Engineering Chemistry Laboratory|
|18CPL17||C Programming Laboratory|
2nd Semester (Physics Group)
|18MAT21||Advanced Calculus and Numerical Methods|
|18ELE23||Basic Electrical Engineering|
|18CIV24||Elements of Civil Engineering and Mechanics|
|18PHYL26||Engineering Physics Laboratory|
|18ELEL27||Basic Electrical Engineering Laboratory|
|18MAT31||Transform Calculus, Fourier Series And Numerical Techniques|
|18EC34||Digital System Design|
|18EC35||Computer Organization & Architecture|
|18EC36||Power Electronics & Instrumentation|
|18ECL37||Electronic Devices &|
|18ECL38||Digital System Design Laboratory|
|18KVK39/49||Vyavaharika Kannada/ Aadalitha Kannada|
|18MAT41||Complex analysis, Probability & Statistical Methods|
|18EC44||Engineering Statistics & Linear Algebra|
|18EC45||Signals and Systems|
|18ECL48||Analog Circuits Laboratory|
|18CPC49||Constitution of India, Professional Ethics & Cyber Law|
|18KVK39/49||Aadalitha Kannada (Kannada for Administration)|
|18ES51||Technological Innovation Management And Entrepreneurship|
|18EC52||Digital Signal Processing|
|18EC53||Principles of Communication Systems|
|18EC54||Information Theory & Coding|
|18ECL57||Digital Signal Processing Laboratory|
|18EC63||Microwave and Antenna|
|18EC65X||Open Elective- A|
|18ECL66||Embedded Systems Laboratory|
|Professional Elective -1|
|Course code under18EC64X||Course Title|
|18EC642||Artificial Neural Networks|
|18EC643||Object Oriented Programming using C++|
|18EC644||Digital System Design using Verilog|
|18EC646||Phyton Application Programming|
|Open Elective –A|
|18EC652||Sensors & Signal Conditioning|
|18EC73X||Professional Elective -2|
|18EC75X||Open Elective- B|
|18ECL76||Computer Networks Lab|
|18ECP78||Project Work Phase – 1|
|Professional Elective – 2|
|Course code under 18EC73X||Course Title|
|18EC731||Real Time System|
|18EC733||Digital Image Processing|
|18EC734||Data Structures using C++|
|18EC735||DSP Algorithms &Architecture|
|Professional Electives – 3|
|Course code under 18EC74X||Course Title|
|18EC41||IOT & Wireless Sensor Networks|
|Open Elective –B|
|18EC81||Wireless and Cellular Communication|
|18EC82X||Professional Elective – 4|
|18ECP83||Project Work Phase – 2|
|Professional Electives – 4|
|Course code under 18CS82X||Course Title|
|18EC822||Micro Electro Mechanical Systems|
|18EC824||Optical Communication Networks|
|18EC825||Biomedical Signal Processing|
How to Apply ?
• Applicants are shortlisted basis their Class 10th and 12th examination performance and the score of the entrance exams as well.
• Once the results are out, Visvesvarya Technological University will conduct Counseling. Candidates are assigned seats on the basis of their ranks in the KCET examination.
• Click the link below for registration