Dr. Basavaraj I Neelgar
Area of specialization :Antenna Arrays, Low Power VLSI Design
Date of Joining BNMIT : 7/26/2017
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) :Regular
E-mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
No. of years of Experience : 30 years Teaching
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing|
|Ph.D||JNTUH, University Hyderabad||June 2015|
(NITK), Mangalore University
|B. E.||B.V.B. College of|
Engg. & Tech Hubli, Karnataka University
- Teaching –
- Industry –
|1||Professor||BNM Institute of Technology, Bengaluru||3 years 4 months|
|2||Professor and Chairman (ECE)||Dayananda Sagar University, Bengaluru||1 year 10 months|
|3||Professor and HoD (ECE)||GMR Institute of Technology, Rajam, Andhra Pradesh||9 years one month|
|4||Assistant Professor (Assoc,)||R.V.C.E., Bengaluru||1 year 4 months|
|5||Assistant Professor (Assoc,)||KLE College of Engineering & Technology, Belagavi||15 years|
|6||Engineer (R & D)||Kirloskar Warner Swasey Ltd., Hubli||2 years|
|7||Engineer (EDP)||Automobile Corporation of Goa Ltd., Goa||2.5 years|
Awards and Achievements
Expertise / list of Subjects handled
- Engineering Electro-Magnetics
- Field Theory
- Electronic devices
- Analog electronics
- Electro-Magnetic Waves and Transmission lines
- VLSI Design
- Digital IC Applications
- Basic Electronics
- C Programming
- PASCAL Programming
- Pulse and Digital circuits
- Operating systems
- VLSI circuits
- Telecommunication Networks and Switching
- Electronic devices
- Synthesis and Optimization of Digital Circuits
- VLSI Testing and Testability
- VLSI Technology
- Advanced VLSI design
- Low Power VLSI design
- Testing of VLSI circuits
- CMOS RF Circuits design
- Low Power VLSI Design
- Antenna Arrays, Signal Processing
- Funding Received: Received a grant of 12, 000, 00 (12 Lakhs) under AICTE-MODROBSscheme for Modernization of Advanced Communication Lab
- Chandrashekar C, Basavaraj Neelgar, “Pattern Generation Techniques for BIST”, International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR), (E-ISSN 2348-1269, P- ISSN 2349-5138), UGC Approved (Journal No: 43602) & 5.75 Impact Factor, Volume 7 Issue 3, July 2020 2020-07-01.
- Vatsala K S, Basavaraj Neelgar, “Design and Implementation of Low Pass IIR Filter Using VHDL for DSP Applications”, International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR), E-ISSN 2348-1269, P- ISSN 2349-5138, UGC Approved (Journal No: 43602) & 5.75 Impact Factor Volume 7 Issue 3, July 2020 2020-07-10
- Basavaraj I Neelgar, C. Dharani Kumar, A, Sree Vyshnavi, A, Om Sai Vigna, U. Sai Anush, “Audio Wavelet Compression and Audio Steganography using LSB Technique”, International Research Journal of Advanced Engineering and Science, ISSN (Online): 2455-9024, Volume 5, Issue 3, pp. 111-114, July 2020
- Ms Priyadarshini K Desai, Dr Basavaraj I Neelgar,“Patch Antenna for 5G Sub-Band Frequency Range of 6 GHz.”, International Journal of Composition Theory, ISSN: 0731-6755, pp: 68-72, Volume XII Issue VI JUNE 2019, UGC Approved Journal with Sl. No, 18482.
- Megha Patil, Basavaraj I Neelgar, “Double Precision Trigonometric Calculator using CORDIC Algorithm”, International Journal of Scientific Research and Review”,ISO: 7021-2008, ISSN-2279-543X, Vol 8, Issue 5, May 2019.
- Praneet R Shah, Dr. Sunil Chavan,Dr. Basavaraj Neelgar, “Study and Refinement in Throughput of Stream Ciphers for Data Security” IOSR Journal of Engineering (IOSRJEN), ISSN (e) : 2250-3021, ISSN (p) : 40-46, Vol 08, Issue 10 October, 2018 ||V(I)|| PP 40-46, UGC Approved Journal with Sl. No, 3240 Journal no: 48995.
- Priyadarshini K Desai, Basavaraj Neelgar, Keerti Kulkarni, Reena Kulkarni, “Antenna Types for Small Cells Base stations”, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), ISSN-2319-7064 (Impact factor-7.296), Volume 7, Issue 9, September, 2018
- Raksha H.R, Basavaraj N, “Video processing Algorithm to detect Air Gesture to Assist Wheelchair Bound People”, International Journal on Perspectives in Communication, Embedded Systems and Signal Processing (PiCES), (ISSN-2566-392X), Volume 2, Issue 3, June 2018.
- Yojna B, Dr. Basavaraj Neelgar, “An overview of Medical Image Analysis”in International Journal of Electronics, Electrical and Computational System -ISSN 2348-117X-(UGC Approved Journal) Vol. 6 Issue 12, December 2017.
- Nayana H.C., I. Neelgar, “Object Detection and Classification Vehicle ADAS”, in International Journal of Engineering Science and Computing, ISSN 2250-1371, Volume 7, Issue 6, June, 2017. (Impact factor = 5.611).
- Ramesh, B. I. Neelgar“Image Compression, ECG Data Compression and Image Encryption by Binary versions of Discrete Cosine Transform, Haar Transform and Discrete Hartley Transform”, in International Journal of Applied Engineering Research ISSN 0973-4562 Volume 10, Number 18 (2015) pp 38638-38642 (Scopus Indexed) (SJR = 0.15).
- Sudheerkumar, B. I. Neelgar, “Development and Porting of FFT Algorithm on ARMS based COTS Hardware”,International Journal of Trends in Research and Development, Volume 1(2), Nov-Dec, 2014 (Impact factor = 3.686).
- Suman, D. Jignesh, B.I. Neelgar, “Design of digital FIR filter based MCMAT for 12 bit ALU using DADDA and WALLACE Tree Multiplier”published in International Journal of Hybrid Information Technology, Vol 7, NO.6 (2014), pp. 325-336.
- B.V. Babu, B.I. Neelgar, “Design of Energy efficient logic using Adiabatic Technique”in International Journal of Research in Computer and Communication Technology, IJRCCT, Vol 2 No.9, September 2013. (Impact factor = 6.577).
- I.Neelgar, Dr.G.SN. Raju “Field Components of Yag-Uda Antenna”was accepted for publication in the Journal of Technology Spectrum, ISSN 0974-6854.
- I.Neelgar, Dr.G.SN. Raju “Radiation and Gain Characteristics of Log-Periodic Antenna”was accepted for publication in the International Journal of Communication, Antenna and Propagation, ISSN 2039-5086, June 2011 volume 1 No. 3. (Impact factor = 1.164).
- I.Neelgar, Dr.G.SN. Raju “Impedance Characteristics of Log-Periodic Antenna”,International Journal of Computer Applications (0975-8887), Volume 21, No.1 May, 2011 (Impact factor =0.55 in 2011 and 0.26 in 2016).
- I.Neelgar, Dr.G.S.N.Raju “Impedance Characteristics of Yagi-Uda Antenna”in International Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering, ISSN 0974-2166, Volume 4, Number 1, February 2011, pp. 115-130. (Impact factor =0.85 in 2011 and 8.26 in 2016).
- I.Neelgar, Dr. Prabhu Benakop, “Analysis of Segmentation of Femur by filtering Techniques”(VOL 4)” in Indian Journal of Science and Technology (International), September 2008..
- I.Neelgar,Dr. Prabhu Benakop, “Reduction Of Power Dissipation In Sequential Circuits” (Vol.3) in Indian Journal of Science and Technology (International), August 2008.
International Conferences Proceeding
- Basavaraj Neelgar, Sreenidhi B, Sri Krishna Yadav, Sujith S B, Swastik Kela, “Pi Skate – An Electric Skateboard”, International Conference on “Smart Modernistic in Electronics and Communication” (ICSMEC – 2020), ISBN No. 978-93-80831-43-5, organized by, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, St. MARTIN’S ENGINEERING COLLEGE Dhulapally, Secunderabad during 29th– 30th June, 2020.
- Mrs. Priydarshini K. Desai, Dr. Basavaraj Neelgar,“Patch Antenna Parameters Analysis with and without SIW Cavity”, International Conference on “Smart Modernistic in Electronics and Communication” (ICSMEC – 2020), ISBN No. 978-93-80831-43-5, organized by, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, MARTIN’S ENGINEERING COLLEGE Dhulapally, Secunderabad during 29th – 30th June, 2020.
- Priydarshini K. Desai, Dr. Basavaraj Neelgar, “Dual Band Operating Rectangular Patch Antenna for mm-Wave”, International Conference on Recent Trends In Science & Technology (ICRTST – 2020) in association with IETE and CSI, India, ISBN No. 978-93-5396-830-4, organized by ATME College of Engineering, Mysore, on18th June, 2020
- Priyadarshini K Desai, Basavaraj I Neelgar, “Dual Band Operating Rectangular Patch Antenna for mm-Wave”International Conference on Recent Trends in Science & Technology-2020 (ICRTST – 2020), April 8th & 9th,2020, Mysore, INDIA
- Megha P Patil, Dr Basavaraj I Neelgar, “Application of CORDIC algorithm in Rotation mode”, International Conference on Recent Trends in Industrial Innovation, Value Engineering & Management Sciences, ICIVMS’19-Jury Best Paper Award, ISBN 978-93-5346-737-1, at Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bengaluru during 28th– 30th March, 2019.
- Shridhar H, Basavaraj Neelgar, R. Premanada, “An Improved Image Fusion Technique based on Wavelet and Edge Gradients to Augment Spatial Prominence of Image Features”,International conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer technologies and Optimization techniques (ICEECCOT-2018) IEEE sponsored, at GSSS Institute of Engineering & Technology for women, Mysore during 14th – 15th , December, 2018
- Nayana H.C,, I. Neelgar, “Digitalized Genetic Chips”, in International conference on Wearable Technology- ICOWT-2017, at School of Engineering, Dayananda Sagar University, Bengaluru, during 22nd-23rdJune, 2017.
- Nayana H.C., I. Neelgar, “Object Detection and Classification using Embedded Platform for Vehicle ADAS”, in International Conference on Applied Science Engineering and Technology – ICASET-2017), at Sri Sairam College of Engineering, Anekal, Bengaluru during 18th– 19th May, 2017.
- Remya, I. Neelgar, Shibu R.M. “GNU based BIST for SDR Performance measurement”in International Conference on High Performance Computing and Applications (ICHPCA) at C. V. Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar, (Technically sponsored by IEEE Kolkatta region & CSI) during 22nd -24th, December, 2014.
- Venkataramana, B. I. Neelgar, “A Lossless Image Recovery scheme for visible water marking”coauthored in International conference Innovation in Electronics & Communication Engineering organized by GNIT Hyderabad during 20-21st July 2012.
- Durga Kameswari, I. Neelgar, “Hybrid Image Compression uses DWT and Neural Networks”coauthored in International Conference of Machine Intelligence, Power Systems, Communication Controls – MIPSCCON -2011, 7th-9th April 2011 at GMRIT Rajam, Andhra Pradesh.
- I.Neelgar, Dr.G.SN. Raju, “Equivalent Network Parameter of new Radiating Transducer”in National Symposium on Instrumentation (NSI-33) at Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, held on 8th – 10th, December 2008.
- I.Neelgar, Dr. Prabhu Benakop, “Analysis of Segmentation of Femur by filtering Techniques”in International Conference on Cognition and Recognition (ICCR), P.E.S. College of Engg., Mandya, Karnataka held on 10th – 12th April 2008.
- I.Neelgar, Dr. Prabhu Benakop, “Reduction of Power Dissipation in Sequential Circuits”in International conference on Embedded Systems & VLSI Design at P.D.V.V.P. College of Engineering, Ahmed Nagar, Maharashtra state held on 20th -21st March 2008
Any other things
Academic Positions and other Responsibilities (University Level)
- Member, LIC Committee, VTU, Belagavi
- Member, Board of Examiners (BoE), VTU, Belagavi for the year 2018-19.