Dr. Bindu S
Area of specialization : Sensors and Nanomaterials
Date of Joining BNMIT : 2/24/2004
Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/Adjunct) : Regular
E-mail Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
No. of years of Experience :24 years
|Degree||Institution||Month & Year of Passing|
|Ph.D||Department of Electrical Engineering, VTU, Belagavi||2018|
|ME||Power Electronics, BU, Bengaluru||2004|
|B.E||Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore.||1996|
- Teaching – 24 years
|1||Professor, Dept. of Electronics and Communication Engineering||BNMIT, Bangalore,India||2016 -Till date.|
|2||Associate Professor, Dept. of Telecommunication Engineering||BNMIT, Bangalore,India||2012-2016|
|3||Assistant Professor,Dept. of Telecommunication Engineering||BNMIT, Bangalore,India||2008-2012|
|4||Lecturer, Dept. of Electrical and Electronics Engineering||BNMIT, Bangalore,India||2004-2008|
Awards and Achievements
- Coursera online certification on Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python)
- NPTEL online Certification on CMOS Digital VLSI Design.
- NPTEL online Certification on Introduction to Internet of Things.
- Secured Second rank in M.E. Power Electronics, 2004, Bangalore University, Bangalore.
- First prize for presenting the paper entitled “Powering Robots” In the National level conference, Vemana Institute of Technology, Bangalore on 15thand 16th October 2008.
- Cambridge Certification for effective Teaching process, 2010.
- Expertise: Sensors
- Smart and Nano Materials
- Conducting Polymers
- Basic Electronics
- Analog Electronic Circuits
- Digital Electronic circuits
- Electronics Instrumentation
- Control systems
- Network Analysis
- Linear Integrated Circuits & Applications
- Satellite communication
- Wireless Communication
- Power Electronics
- Digital VLSI Design
- Nano electronics
- Design of Analog and Mixed mode VLSI
- Designed a Power supply using active clamp concept, this power supply was designed for a satellite application and the work was carried out in transformer core Division, Bharat Electronics Limited, Bangalore in 2004.
- PEDOT-PSS a conducting polymer was characterized for strain gauge applications, as a consequence rectifying contacts was identified and three simple methods of achieving ohmic contacts to copper and tin was developed. Strain gauges were built and characterized to study the issues that need solution for making a good strain gauge with high gauge factor. We measured gauge factor of pristine 2 PEDOT-PSS, DMSO doped and graphite dispersed films for low strains. In this work I t has been shown that the relative permittivity of pristine PEDOT-PSS is very high at low frequency and may be used in super capacitor applications. However the relative permittivity decreases at higher frequency. This work provides valuable inputs for making flexible strain gauges.
- Bindu S, Vaishnavi R.K, Sheik Chandbasha “Design and Verification of APB Protocol by using System Verilog and Universal Verification Methodology” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), e-ISSN: 2395-0056, p-ISSN: 2395-0072, Volume: 06 Issue: 06 , June 2019
- Bindu S, Rekha P, Subodh Kumar Panda, “ An active device-JFET for sensing Jasmine aroma”, International Journal of Computer Sciences and Engineering,Vol.-7, Issue-4, April 2019 E-ISSN: 2347-2693 4
- Bindu S, Lakshmi Bhaskar, Ashwini Savanth, “Smart Agriculture with Conducting Polymers using UDP”, Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research, ISSN : 2349-5162, Volume 5 Issue 12 , December-2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.26438/ijcse/v7i4.10541059 | Available online at: ijcseonline.org
- Shruthi H, Bindu S, “A Highly Secure Algorithm to Encrypt a Data Using a Low Area AES Implementation”, Perspectives in Communication, Embedded-Systems and Signal-Processing (PiCES) , ISSN: 2566-932X, Vol. 2, Issue 3, June 2018.
- Bindu S, Priya R Sankpal, Lakshmi Bhaskar, “A Survey on Smart Materials to Mitigate Spacecraft Charging”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology.10.15680/IJIRSET.2017.0607171
- Bindu S, M S Suresh, “Bindu S, M S Suresh Electric Field Induced Resistance Change in PEDOT-PSS Films”, British Journal of Applied Science & Technology, Science domain international. 20(6): 1-10, 2017; Article no.BJAST.33159, ISSN: 2231-0843, NLM ID: 101664541.
- Bindu S, M S Suresh, “Ohmic contact formation to PEDOT-PSS films using graphite-clay”, British Journal of Applied science & Technology, Science domain international. 6(4): 342- 349, 2015, Article no.BJAST.2015.093,ISSN: 2231-0843.
- Bindu S, M S Suresh, “Measurement of Bulk Resistance of Conducting Polymer Films in Presence of Rectifying Contacts”, International Journal of scientific and Research Publication, Volume 4 , Issue 8, August 2014, ISSN 2250- 3153.
- M S Suresh, Veena S Murthy, Bindu S, “Design Considerations, National conference on Modern Trends in communications, Vemana Institute of Technology, Oct (15-16) 2008, Bangalore.
National/International Conference Proceedings
- Bhagyalaxmi D Somayaji, Vinayak R Pai, Bindu S, “ Spacecraft Charging and its hazards”, National Conference on “Space ready Educational Institutions- A dream come true” on 20th April 2016, Dayananda Sagar College Of Engineering, Bengaluru
- Bindhiya Shree V, Chandra Mohan B S, Bindu S, “Space Charge Mitigation using PEDOT: PSS”, National Conference, “Space ready Educational Institutions- A dream come true” on 20th April 2016, Dayananda Sagar College Of Engineering, Bengaluru.
- Bindu S, M S Suresh, Anil Kumar, “Development of Technique for making ohmic contacts for PEDOT-PSS”, International Conference on VLSI, Communication, Advance Devices, Signals & Systems & Networking at BNMIT, Bangalore from 17th to 19th July 2013.
- Bindu S, M S Suresh, “Short term variation of resistivity of conducting polymers and its dependence on electric field”, International Symposium on Physics and Technology of Sensors, March 8th to 10th 2012, Pune, India.
Any other things
- Organiser, Distinguished Webinar Series from 27th May to 3rd June 2020.
- Organiser, Symposium on Nanotechnology and its Applications, BNM Institute of Technology, Bengaluru on 20th -21st September 2019.
- Member, Organizing Commitee, Workshop on “MATLAB”, BNM Institute of Technology, Bengaluru during April – May 2018.
- Member, Organizing Commitee, Workshop on “Machine Learning” at BNM Institute of Technology, Bengaluru during April – May 2018.
- Chief Superintendent at BNMIT, Bangalore from 11-06-2018 to 23-06-2018 for the conduction of May 2018 B.E. examinations of VTU, Belgavi.
- Editor of Alumni Directory, (2017-2018).
- Editor of BNMIT @ a Glance, (2018-2019)
- Chief Superintendent at BNMIT, Bangalore from 12-06-2017 to 21-06-2017, for the conduction of June 2017 B.E. examinations of VTU, Belgavi.
- Member, Organizing Committee, Symposium on Nanotechnology, Wireless Communication & Internet of Things “Tech treat on Emerging Technologies” BNM Institute of Technology, Bengaluru on 4th – 5 th August 2016.
- Pre-Conference Tutorial Coordinator for International Conference on Power and Advanced Control Engineering ICPACE-2015.
- Technical session Coordinator for International Conference of VLSI, Communication, Advanced Devices, Signals & Systems and Networking (VCASAN-2013) conducted by ECE & TCE in the year 2013.
- Member, Antiragging Committee, BNMIT (2016-17).
- IEEE-BNMIT Student Branch Counselor
- Convener, Grievance Redressal Cell, BNMIT